Scenic Yacht Cruises (Scenic Cruises)
Scenic Eclipse 2 current position
Current itinerary of Scenic Eclipse 2
Scenic Eclipse 2 current cruise is 12 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Ushuaia. Prices start from USD 23090 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 24 Nov, 2023 and ends on 13 Dec, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 Nov||Departing from Valparaiso-Santiago, Chile hotels|
|26 Nov||Puerto Montt, Chile|
|27 Nov||Chiloe Island, Castro, Chile|
|29 Nov||Caleta Tortel, Chile Patagonia|
|30 Nov||Chilean Fjords, Patagonia|
|01 Dec||Strait of Magellan, Chile|
|02 Dec||Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica|
|03 Dec||Chilean Fjords, Patagonia|
|04 Dec||Beagle Channel, Glacier Alley, Chile Patagonia|
|04 Dec||Chilean Fjords, Patagonia|
|05 Dec||Cape Horn, Chile Antarctica|
|06 Dec||Arriving in Ushuaia, Argentina hotels|
Specifications of Scenic Eclipse 2
|Year of build||2023 new ship|
|Builder||3 Maj Shipyard (Rijeka, Croatia)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||EUR 190 million (USD 230 million)|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 km/h / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||168 m / 551 ft|
|Beam (width)||22 m / 72 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||22498 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Sister-ships||Scenic Eclipse 1|
|Former names||NOVOGRADNJA 101, BRIONI|
|Christened by||Kathryn Dwyer Sullivan|
|Owner||Scenic Group (Australia)|
|Operator||Scenic Yacht Cruises|
Scenic Eclipse 2 Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Nov 24||12 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso-Santiago||$27190|
|2023 Nov 24||12 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Ushuaia||Valparaiso-Santiago||$23090|
|2023 Nov 24||25 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso-Santiago||$34290|
|2023 Dec 29||19 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Cusco-Machu Picchu||Buenos Aires||$27821|
|2024 Jan 09||26 days, one-way from Callao-Lima to Buenos Aires||Callao-Lima||$34112|
|2024 Jan 22||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso-Santiago||Buenos Aires||$31631|
|2024 Jan 28||25 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso-Santiago||$43491|
|2024 Feb 22||26 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso-Santiago||Buenos Aires||$30130|
|2024 Mar 08||23 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Papeete||Valparaiso-Santiago||$22870|
|2024 Mar 31||13 days, one-way from Papeete to Lautoka||Papeete||$31490|
|2024 Apr 12||8 days, one-way from Lautoka to Sydney||Lautoka||$8195|
|2024 Apr 22||28 days, one-way from Newcastle NSW to Broome WA||Newcastle NSW||$41285|
|2024 May 10||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$28890|
|2024 May 20||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$28890|
|2024 May 30||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$28890|
|2024 Jun 09||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$26390|
|2024 Jun 19||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$28890|
|2024 Jun 29||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$28490|
|2024 Jul 09||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$28490|
|2024 Jul 19||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$28490|
|2024 Jul 29||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$26390|
|2024 Aug 08||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$26390|
|2024 Aug 18||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$28490|
|2024 Aug 28||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$26390|
|2024 Sep 07||12 days, round-trip 12 Night Secrets of Indonesia Spice Islands and Raja Ampat Cruise||Darwin||$29890|
|2024 Sep 07||36 days, one-way from Darwin to Lautoka||Darwin||$41425|
|2024 Oct 01||12 days, one-way from Cairns to Lautoka||Cairns||$11995|
|2024 Dec 16||23 days, one-way from Queenstown NZ to Hobart||Queenstown NZ||$85790|
|2025 Jan 08||23 days, one-way from Hobart to Dunedin||Hobart||$88090|
|2025 Jan 31||23 days, round-trip 23 Night Antarcticas Ross Sea Majestic Ice and Wildlife Cruise||Dunedin||$84890|
|2025 Jul 21||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$23790|
|2025 Jul 31||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$23790|
|2025 Aug 10||10 days, one-way from Darwin to Broome WA||Darwin||$23790|
|2025 Sep 17||10 days, one-way from Broome WA to Darwin||Broome WA||$23790|
Scenic Eclipse 2 Review
Review of Scenic Eclipse 2
The vessel (IMO number 9850460) is currently Bahamas-flagged (MMSI 238269640) and registered in Nassau. Curiously, during its construction, the vessel was Croatia-flagged and named "NOVOGRADNJA 101" (MMSI 238269640) and "BRIONI" (MMSI 238000000).
This is a top-luxury superyacht with max passenger capacity 228 (plus 192 staff-crew) and a 10-deck design, more resembling a billionaire yacht than a passenger ship. The ultra-modern design features an ice-strengthened hull, top-deck helipad (with two on-deck stored helicopters / in hangars), 12x Zodiacs (high-speed, large-capacity RIBs / rigid inflatable boats), 1x submersible (9-person mini-submarine/model "Triton 660-9 AVA"), 1x ROV (camera-equipped Remotely Operated Vehicle). The aft-located Marina Platform is used for launching water sports equipment (aqua quad-bikes, seakayaks, snorkeling and scuba diving activities).
With the top-luxury expedition superyachts Eclipse 1 and Eclipse 2, Scenic Cruises and Tours (1987-founded river cruisetour company) entered the ocean-cruising market. The first boat (Eclipse 1) was launched in August 2018 and inaugurated in September 2019. The second vessel (Eclipse II) was scheduled for inauguration in 2020 but postponed to 2022-Q3 and eventually, to 2023 (April).
Besides Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours, the shipowner Scenic Group also owns the subsidiary and travel brand Emerald Cruises.
Scenic's new ships are advertised as "discovery yachts". The hull has the highest passenger ship ice-class (1A-Super) allowing the vessel to operate on polar cruises (Arctic and Antarctica itineraries) for 3 months a year. On polar voyages, the ship's passenger capacity is limited to 200 in order to allow several Zodiac landings per day.
The ship's 2 helicopters Airbus H130 (single-engine aircraft, each with capacity 7 passengers) can be booked/hired at extra charge. Helicopter tours allow passengers to get closer to the wildlife in comparison to the Zodiac landings. Also at an additional charge can be booked the ship's Triton submarine. The 9-person submarine (1 pilot plus 8 passengers) is named "Scenic Neptune" and is capable to submerge up to 660 ft (200 m).
Decks and Cabins
Scenic Eclipse 2 staterooms (114 total) are all double-occupancy Suites in total 14 categories. Cabin sizes range between 345 ft2 / 32 m2 (Veranda Suite) to 2745 ft2 / 255 m2 (2-Bedroom Penthouse Suite, with included 645 ft2 / 60 m2 wraparound terrace). Owners Penthouse Suites are sized 1990 ft2 / 185 m2 (balcony included). Each cabin has a private step-out balcony. The vessel has an almost 1:1 passenger-to-crew ratio and each stateroom are served by a dedicated butler.
The boat has 10 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Four Lifts (midship-located Elevators) interconnect all cabin decks.
Other features and all-inclusive amenities include:
- 9 restaurants (including Asian Fusion, steakhouse, seafood, contemporary French and Italian venues, poolside grill, 24/7 room service
- four bars and lounges
- 240-seat Theater Lounge
- 2 (indoor and outdoor) swimming pools
- heated pool (indoor, with retractable glass roof)
Senses SPA (5900 ft2 / 550 m2) is the wellness complex with a heated indoor pool, outdoor Jacuzzies, plunge pools (temperature-controlled), treatment rooms (for massages), male and female areas, Hair Salon, Nail Studio (manicure/pedicure), Sauna Rooms, Steam Rooms, an outdoor terrace (with padded loungers), Aerobics Studio (for Yoga and Pilates), Gym (fitted with premium-brand fitness equipment). In comparison to Eclipse 1, Eclipse 2's steam room area is larger/expanded and features an aromatherapy room, ice fountain, experience showers (water at different temperatures and intensities, a KLAFS salt therapy lounge (with infrared chairs/color light therapy).
In comparison to Scenic Eclipse 1, Scenic Eclipse 2's swimming pool and sundeck (Deck 10) are larger-sized. There is also a new poolside bar (with indoor-outdoor seating) and the swimming pool is oval-shaped.
Scenic yacht cruise deals are inclusive of butler service (regardless of cabin category), flights, all tips/gratuities, Discovery Team leaders (professional tour guides on all cruise itineraries), shore excursions (all land tours and organized events at ports of call and beaches along the itinerary route, expert-led Scenic Free choice activities, discovery excursions by Zodiacs / large-capacity inflatable boats), onboard dining (all dining venues are complimentary / fee-free), onboard entertainment, e-biking, water sports (sea kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving), premium beverages (at bars and cabin mini-bars).
The ship has "zero speed stabilizer fins" (50% larger than typical on a similar-sized vessel) allowing it to navigate in rough seas with just little movement. Voyages to Antarctica include passing Drake Passage - a notoriously rough waterway between South America and Antarctica.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Scenic Eclipse 2 cruise ship offers all 9 dining venues plus 24-hour room service. The ship also has an impressive number of bars and lounges - 8, which is an extraordinary variety considering the vessel's size. All these options are complimentary (cruise price inclusive).
Specialty dining venues highlight regional cuisine, intimate deck location and dinner privacy at no additional cost. These venues range from the open-kitchen Teppanyaki grill dining (capacity 10 people) to the Chef's Table (private VIP dining for 8 people). Professional cookery demonstrations are offered at the dedicated Chef's Garden @ Epicure (cooking emporium). Chef's Garden At Epicure is a new dining and presentation venue with max capacity 14 standing or 7 seated guests. At the Epicure are also hosted culinary classes (like chocolate-making) and whiskey-tasting courses.
The main dining room restaurant "Elements" offers Italian fare, seafood, and steaks. The other restaurants are named Koko's (Asian, with sake bar), Sushi at Koko's (authentic Japanese), Lumiere (French, with Champagne Bar). The Yacht Club has its own a bar, buffet and poolside grill. Azure Bar & Cafe offers all-day relaxed grazing.
Bars and lounges include Lobby Lounge, Champagne Bar, Azure Bar & Cafe. Fine wine, top-shelf beverages, cocktails, specialty teas, and coffees are all included in Scenic Cruises' ticket prices.
Scenic Eclipse 2 itinerary program was officially released on January 12, 2022.
The yacht's inaugural 2023-2024 season grouped 85 itineraries visiting ports and destinations in 50+ countries on 7 continents, making it the company's largest voyage collection ever.
The Maiden Voyage departs from Lisbon on April 13, 2023, ending in Barcelona. The 10-night/11-day "Incredible Iberian Discovery Cruise" itinerary in the Western Mediterranean visited Iberian ports - Portugal's Portimao followed by the Spanish ports Seville (overnight), Puerto Banus, Malaga, Cartagena, the Balearic Islands (Ibiza, Formentera, Palma de Mallorca, Soller/Mallorca, Mahon/Menorca, and Ciutadella/Minorca) before Barcelona. Promo prices started from USD 8900 per person with double occupancy.
Scenic Eclipse II's inaugural Caribbean and Bermuda schedule (October 2023) listed 3- to 11-day itineraries - 5-day "Taste of Bermuda" (from Portland Maine to St George), 5-day "Bermuda Escapade" (St George to Miami) and 3-day "Taste of Bahamas" (Miami to Nassau), combinable into an 11-day B2B "Bermuda and The Bahamas" B2B (from Portland to Nassau/departure Oct 13th, from US$10045 pp).
The yacht's 2023-2024 program also featured Scenic Cruises' inaugural voyage from Australia. Eclipse 2's schedule 2024 for Australia and New Zealand offered departures from homeports in Tasmania (Hobart), NZ (Auckland, Queenstown) and AU (Sydney NSW, Darwin NT).
The 29-day "Grand Australian Sojourn" itinerary (aka Chairman's Voyage, roundtrip from Sidney NSW) departs on April 20, 2024, and visits Fraser Island, Gladstone QLD, Percy Isles NP, Airlie Beach QLD, Magnetic Island QLD, Willis Island (Coral Sea Islands Territory). The 13-day "Reefs and Volcanic Isles: Tahiti to Fiji" itinerary departs from Papeete Tahiti on March 31, 2024, visiting Bora Bora, Palmerston Island (Cook Islands), Alofi (Niue), Vavau Island (Tonga), as well as Fiji's islands Fulanga, Vanua Balavu, Ovalau and Viti Levu (Lautoka).
Among the inaugural season's signature itineraries were the 15-day “Beyond the Antarctic Circle” (Ushuaia roundtrip), the 12-day “Exploring the High Arctic” (August 2nd), the 9-day “Scottish Isles: Historic Trails and Wilderness” (Sept 13), the 9-day “Caribbean Sunsets: Turks and Caicos Islands to Jamaica” from Nassau (October 23rd), the 11-day “Australia’s Top End: Cape York and Arnhem Land” (April 30, 2024), the 13-day “Reefs and Volcanic Isles: Tahiti to Fiji” (March 31st).
Super Earlybird promo booking prices started from AUD 11425 (USD 8240 / EUR 7250 / GBP 6040) per person with double occupancy. Scenic Yacht voyages are full all-inclusive, including flights, all transfers, all gratuities, onboard dining, premium beverages, butler service, all excursions/land experiences (except only helicopter tours and submarine excursions).
The list of destinations includes Oceania and the South Pacific (Indonesia, Polynesia, Australia New Zealand, Pacific Islands), the Caribbean, North and South America (including Chilean Fjords), Antarctica (Ross Sea), South Georgia Island, Falkland Islands, Europe (Arctic-Baltic-Mediterranean, UK), Canada (Arctic and coastal sailings).
The boat's 2024-2025 schedule included the following new for the Scenic brand Antarctic itineraries.
- (departure December 15, 2024) 25-day "Mawson’s Hut & Commonwealth Bay Expedition" is from Queenstown New Zealand to Hobart Tasmania Australia. The itinerary visits Milford Sound, Balleny Islands, East Coast Antarctica (Victoria Land/Adare Peninsula, Terra Nova Islands, George V Coast/Mawson Peninsula, Mertz Glacier, Cape Denison/Commonwealth Bay), Ile du Gouverneur/Geologie Archipelago, Macquarie Island, and Hobart. Promo prices started from GBP 26630 pp (Deluxe Verandah Suite with double occupancy) with included roundtrip UK flights.
- (departure January 8, 2025) 24-day "Antarctica’s Ross Sea: Majestic Ice & Wildlife" is from Hobart to Port Chalmers/Dunedin New Zealand. The itinerary visits Macquarie Island, Balleny Islands (Young Island and Sturge Island), Ross Sea (Possession Island, Ross Island), Antarctica (Victoria Land/Adare Peninsula, George V Coast/Mawson Peninsula, Ross Ice Shelf/Bay of Whales). Promo prices started from GBP 46175 pp (Deluxe Verandah Suite with double occupancy).
Inaugural cruise schedule (2023)
Next is listed Scenic Eclipse II's inaugural season's schedule (2023) as itineraries/themes with fares per person in USD (based on double occupancy).
- (Apr 13) 11-day "Incredible Iberian Discovery" (Lisbon to Barcelona), from US$12800
- (Apr 13) 19-day "Ultimate Mediterranean Discovery" (Lisbon to Civitavecchia/Rome), $25270
- (Apr 23) 9-day "Riviera Delights" (Barcelona to Rome), $11190
- (Apr 23) 19-day "Italy, Sorrentine Peninsula and Adriatic" cruisetour (Venice roundtrip), $21560
- (Apr 23) 17-day "French and Italian Rivieras" (Barcelona to Venice), $19190
- (May 1) 11-day "Sorrentine Peninsula and Adriatic" (Rome to Venice), $13970
- (May 11) 11-day "Sorrentine Peninsula and Adriatic" (Venice to Rome), $14580
- (May 11) 19-day "Ultimate Adriatic and Riviera Delights" (Venice to Barcelona), $27470
- (May 13) 17-day "French and Italian Rivieras" (Venice to Barcelona), $20000
- (May 21) 9-day "Riviera Delights" (Rome to Barcelona), 12210
- (May 29) 11-day "Incredible Iberian Discovery" (Barcelona to Lisbon), $14070
- (May 29) 22-day "Ultimate Iberian and Western Europe Discovery" (Barcelona to Bergen), $29800
- (Jun 8) 12-day "Western Europe Discovery" (Lisbon to Bergen), $15730
- (Jun 8) 21-day "Western Europe and Scandinavia (Lisbon to Copenhagen), $25030
- (Jun 25) 18-day "Arctic and Scandinavia in Depth" (Copenhagen to Oslo), $29330
- (Jul 1) 12-day "Arctic in Depth" (Oslo roundtrip), $21340
- (Jul 11) 15-day "Arctic Islands Svalbard, Greenland and Iceland" (Oslo to Reykjavik), $25070
- (Jul 26) 19-day ""Explore the High Arctic and Iceland" (Reykjavik to Copenhagen), $29560
- (Aug 2) 12-day "Exploring the High Arctic" (Reykjavik to Copenhagen), $21570
- (Aug 2) 24-day "Iceland, Greenland and Canadian Arctic Explorer" (Reykjavik to Copenhagen), $46350
- (Aug 2) 19-day "Scandinavia and the High Arctic" (Reykjavik to Oslo), $29560
- (Aug 6) 20-day "Scandinavia, Greenland and Canada Highlights" cruisetour (Oslo to Copenhagen), $32590
- (Aug 12) 14-day "Beyond Disko Bay" (Copenhagen roundtrip), $24000
- (Aug 12) 23-day "Scandinavia, Greenland and Canada Discovery" (Copenhagen to Bergen), $34190
- (Aug 16) 21-day "High Arctic and Scandinavia" cruisetour (Bergen to Reykjavik), $30940
- (Aug 24) 13-day "Iceland and Greenland Explorer" (Copenhagen to Reykjavik), $20750
- (Aug 24) 21-day "Ultimate Greenland and the Northern Isles: Iceland and Scotland" (Copenhagen to Edinburgh), $34480
- (Aug 24) 20-day "High Arctic Expedition - Iceland, Greenland and Arctic Canada" cruisetour (Copenhagen to Reykjavik), $29540
- (Aug 29) 16-day "Iceland and Northern Isles" (Reykjavik to Edinburgh), $21930
- (Aug 31) 22-day "Ireland and Scotland: Historic Trails and Wilderness" cruisetour (Dublin roundtrip), $25090
- (Sept 5) 9-day "Northern Isles: Iceland and Scotland" (Reykjavik to Edinburgh), $13140
- (Sept 5) 22-day Northern Isles: Iceland, Scotland and Ireland" cruisetour (Reykjavik to Dublin), $25230
- (Sept 13) 9-day "Scottish Isles: Historic Trails and Wilderness" (Edinburgh to Dublin), $13000
- (Sept 13) 19-day "Vikings, Wilderness and Cultures" (Edinburgh to Lisbon), $28260
- (Sept 21) 11-day "Heritage and Traditions of Western Europe" (Dublin to Lisbon), $15270
- (Oct 1) 13-day "Crossing the Transatlantic to New England" (Lisbon to Boston), $8800
- (Oct 13) 11-day "Atlantic Isles and the Caribbean" (Boston to Nassau), $12250
- (Oct 13) 19-day "Treasures of the Caribbean" (Boston to Montego Bay), $24130
- (Oct 23) 9-day "Caribbean Sunsets: Turks and Caicos Islands" (Nassau to Montego Bay), $11890
- (Oct 31) 9-day "Iconic Panama Canal: Caribbean to Panama" (Montego Bay to Panama City), $12470
- (Nov 8) 9-day "Panama to Peru: Along the Andean Coast" (Panama City to Calao/Lima), $11600
- (Nov 16) 9-day "Latin America Delights" (Calao/Lima to Santiago de Chile), $13250
- (Nov 24) 13-day "Chilean Fjords and Cape Horn" (Santiago to Buenos Aires), $18600
- (Nov 24) 26-day "Ultimate Chilean Fjords and Weddell Sea" (Santiago to Buenos Aires), $43580
- (Nov 28) 22-day "Torres del Paine and Antarctica's Weddell Sea" cruisetour (Santiago to Buenos Aires), $41340
- (Dec 5) 15-day "Into the Weddell Sea" (Buenos Aires roundtrip), $26750
- (Dec 5) 24-day "The Weddel Sea, Argentina and Brazil" cruisetour Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro), $34540
- (Dec 18) 12-day "Antarctic in Depth: A Magical Christmas" (Buenos Aires roundtrip), $22040
- (Dec 28) 13-day "Antarctic in Depth: New Year Wishes" (Buenos Aires roundtrip), $23510
Scenic Eclipse 2 - user reviews and comments
Photos of Scenic Eclipse 2Add Photo
Scenic Eclipse 2 ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
PortMiami (Florida USA) will homeport 8 new cruise ships for the 2023-2024 season. The fleet includes Oceania Vista, Carnival Venezia, and Scenic...October 29, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Australia's busy cruise season officially commenced on October 19 with the arrival of the first overseas ship in Sydney Harbour NSW. The 2800...October 22, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Group has opened bookings for season 2024-2025 featuring new itineraries and a comprehensive range of voyages for the recently introduced...August 16, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Group has announced that 3 of its superyachts - Emerald Azzurra, Emerald Sakara, and Scenic Eclipse II, will be sailing in the Caribbean...July 25, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Eclipse II, the recently named ultra-luxury Discovery Yacht by Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, will begin her inaugural season in the...June 24, 2023
In recent times, luxury adventure cruises have witnessed an increase in the presence of submarines. However, following the tragic incident involving...June 23, 2023
- Cruise Industry
On June 3rd, the Scenic Eclipse II superyacht was officially named at a modest dockside ceremony in Port Malaga (Spain). The special event was...June 4, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Eclipse II, built by 3. Maj. Shipyard in Rijeka (Croatia), has been delivered and arrived in Lisbon (Portugal) for the inaugural voyage. The...April 13, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises announced that its new ultra-luxury superyacht - Scenic Eclipse 2, is now entering the final phase of build with sea trials/final...February 15, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Acclaimed NASA scientist Dr. Kathryn Dwyer Sullivan/Kathy Sullivan has been named Godmother to Scenic Cruises’ new "Discovery Yacht" Scenic...December 7, 2022
- show more news
Other Scenic Yacht Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Eclipse 2 Wiki
The Malta-flagged vessel Scenic Eclipse II (IMO number 9850460) was designed with the latest technological advancements in order to ensure the highest safety standards. It has custom-built fin stabilizers (50% bigger than on other vessels with similar GT tonnage) and an ice-strengthened hull.
The yacht's state-of-the-art fins are able to adjust themselves, enabling the boat to handle the strongest water currents and to remain stable. Unlike other ships that use traditional anchors, Scenic's mega-yachts are fitted with a dynamic positioning system. It uses GPS data to accurately maintain the ship's position - an eco-friendly way to control the vessel. The other environmentally sustainable systems implemented are efficient marine engines and advanced water treatment system.
The ship's integrated navigation and automation/control system was provided by the company Kongsberg Maritime. This modern technology combines the following systems - Navigation, Dynamic Positioning, automation, Emergency Shutdown, Power Management, Safety Management, and Control. The system is integrated with online diagnostics and remote service facilities.
Both vessels operated by Scenic Yacht Cruises are owned by Scenic Group and Croatia-built - Eclipse 1 in Pula (Uljanik Shipyard), Eclipse 2 in Rijeka (3 Maj Shipyard). Eclipse 2 yacht's construction officially started on April 24, 2020, with the steel-cutting ceremony held at Rijeka's 3 Maj Shipyard (Treci Maj Brodogradiliste).
With Eclipse 2, Scenic Group established a new fully-owned subsidiary company (MKM Yachts) that manages newbuilds' construction. In late-April 2020 Scenic Group also announced plans to build in Croatia 5x new superyachts in the next 6 years. For these shipbuilding projects was dedicated a separate section at Rijeka's Maj 3 Shipyard. In early-July 2020, MKM Yachts was granted a sub-concession at Rijeka's shipyard. This way, the company became the prime contractor for all Scenic Group's newbuilds.
In August 2020, Scenic Group (shipowner) contracted Viking Crew (part of the Dover UK-based Viking Maritime Group Ltd) as the vessel's crew managing company. Viking Crew is responsible for the Scenic Eclipse 2 yacht's crew recruitment, management, deployment and placement, including officers and staff-crew from the onboard Engine, Hotel and Deck departments. Viking Crew was also contracted for the crew management of the superyachts Scenic Eclipse 1 (2019) and Emerald Azzurra (2021).
The vessel's construction officially started with the keel-laying ceremony held on May 12, 2021, at Rijeka's Maj 3 Shipyard. The special event was attended by Glen Moroney (Scenic Group's founder, owner and Chairman), Andrej Plenkovic (Croatia's Prime Minister), Tomislav Coric (Croatia's Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development) and Oleg Butkovic (Croatia's Minister of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure).
The superyacht was launched/floated out from drydock on June 25, 2022. The ceremony was attended by Glen Moroney.
In December 2022, Anna Wolfsteiner (Scenic Group's Chief Sales & Marketing Officer) announced the name of the ship's godmother - Kathryn Dwyer Sullivan (1951-born American scientist/geologist and oceanographer, and a former US Navy officer and NASA astronaut).
The Adriatic Sea trials were in two phases and successfully conducted in February-March 2023. The superyacht was officially delivered on April 6, 2023, when it left the Croatian shipyard. The delivery ceremony was attended by VIP guests like Andrej Plenkovic (Croatia's Prime Minister), Sasa Cokljat (Managing Director MKM Yachts), Glen Moroney (Scenic Group's Owner, Founder and Chairman). In April 6-13th started the relocation voyage around Italy (from Rijeka to Lisbon) from where started the 11-day Maiden Voyage ("Incredible Iberian Discovery" itinerary, Lisbon to Barcelona).
Scenic Eclipse II's christening ceremony was on June 3, 2023, held dockside in Port Malaga (Spain) during the 10-day voyage from Barcelona to Lisbon. The official naming ceremony was led by godmother Kathryn Sullivan and attended by Glen Moroney, travel industry professionals, media representatives, VIP guests (Dutch dignitaries and government officials) as well as the current voyage's passengers.
The following YouTube video is a timelapse of the Scenic yachts construction process.
In late-September 2021 Scenic Group contracted Triton Submarines for the construction of a new-design submersible for the Eclipse 2 yacht.
- The Scenic-Triton deal was for the construction of one submarine (model "Triton 660-9 AVA". The submersible has max capacity 8 passengers (plus the pilot), max operating depth 200 m (660 ft), patented hull design (elliptically shaped,metallic-acrylic).
- The long-term agreement was signed by Rob Voss (Scenic Group's COO) and Patrick Lahey (Triton Submarines' President).
- The Vero Beach Florida-based Triton Submarines specializes in designing and manufacturing of commercial and privately-owned submersibles. These vessels are usually used for scientific researches, filming, as well as equipment for private superyachts and smaller-sized cruise ships. The company has a fully-owned subsidiary in Barcelona Spain (Triton Submarines EMEA).
- In 2017, Triton started (via partnership with Aston Martin) the ultra-luxury submarine project "Neptune". The new model "Triton 1650-3 Low Profile" mini-sub was designed after Aston Martin's Valkyrie (aka "Nebula"/limited production hybrid sports car) and features improved hydrodynamics and more powerful propulsion system/thrusters.
In January 2022, Scenic Group contracted De Wave Group (global contractor for cruise ships and superyacht interiors) for Eclipse 2's outfitting. By the contract, De Wave Group provided and installed all the 114 staterooms (including cabin bathrooms), passenger decks' hallways/corridors, all crew deck areas (including crew cabins and hallways), all dining venues, catering areas and storage rooms (galleys/kitchens, cold rooms).