Scenic Cruises fleet
Review of Scenic Cruises
Scenic Group (shipowner) is the parent company of three travel brands - Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Evergreen Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises (Emerald Waterways, Emerald Yacht Cruises).
Scenic Group's subsidiary company "Scenic Cruises" (officially "Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours", scenicusa.com) is a brand that operates mainly riverboats on all biggest European rivers - Danube, Rhine, Main, Moselle, including in France (on Saone, Rhone, Seine), Russia (Volga), Portugal (Douro), and Southeast Asia (with regularly-scheduled itineraries on the rivers Irrawaddy and Mekong).
In February 2018, Scenic Group announced the purchase of Mayflower Tours. The company (trademarked travel brand) was renamed "Mayflower Cruises and Tours" and continued to operate as a separate entity. Mayflower is based in Downers Grove (Chicago Illinois USA).
Scenic Tours also owns the brands Emerald Waterways (2013-established/operational since 2014) and "Emerald Yacht Cruises", which in 2021 were merged into "Emerald Cruises". In July 2020, Scenic Group became a member of IAATO (International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators).
In May 2021, Scenic Group moved its headquarters from Boston MA to Hollywood (Florida USA). The company's current executive team includes Rob Voss (CEO), Benny Weidacher (VP of Global Cruise Operations), Lisa McCaskill (Vice President), Joni Rein (VP of Sales and Marketing, USA Managing Director), Colin Downing (UK Managing Director), Ann Chamberlin (VP of Sales), Donna Kurtz (Charter and Incentive Sales), Nancy Iovino (USA's RSD-Regional Sales Director).
Scenic River Cruises
Scenic Tours is between the most inclusive river cruise lines in operation today, operating two trademarked brands - "Emerald Waterways" (globally) and "Evergreen Cruises and Tours" (Australia only). Since July 2020, Scenic Group is marketing its river cruise shipping operations with the Emerald Waterways brand only.
Scenic's river cruising deals offer almost all-inclusive fares covering meals and drinks, excursions, gratuities, select excursions. The company's deals feature price-included unlimited drinks - from the in-cabin beverages (staterooms' minibars) to the alcoholic drinks consumed at all dining and lounge venues onboard. Butler service for passengers in Europe is also price-included.
The parent company "Scenic" (until 2015 known as "Scenic Tours") was established in 1987 in Australia by the entrepreneur Glen Moroney (Chairman, CEO and Founder). Its business started with coach trips along the coast of Australia. Later, the company included themed-event tours and expanded its operations to New Zealand, Norfolk Island, the USA and Canada, even to South America, Asia (including China) and South Africa.
In 2007, Scenic Tours opened its offices in Canada and the UK, eventually coming to the United States. The inaugural season of the new Scenic river cruise line followed in 2008 with the launch of the Sapphire boat - the fleet's first. Thus was established the subsidiary brand "Scenic Cruises", with operations exclusively in Europe. Enjoying rapid growth, the Scenic Tours' river cruise division today operates new, purpose-built and almost identical as design luxury river ships.
In April 2015, the Scenic Tours company was rebranded as simply "Scenic". The company's product has earned accolades worldwide for its quality, onboard and ashore services, and also for the huge diversity of land and cruise tour packages available for booking.
All Scenic boats are called "space ships" to emphasize on their higher than usual space ratio. The line offers upscale river cruising vacations in contemporary surroundings. However, in terms of dining, land tours and excursions and entertainment, Scenic cruises are quite traditional.
Meals are served in two dining venues: the dining room restaurant (named Crystal Dining) and Portobello's (smaller Italian alternative restaurant). Both are open-seating. Occasionally, a picnic-fare lunch or barbecue is served on the sun deck. Table La Rive is the line's newest dining option with a 6-course tasting menu served with tempting wine pairing. The seating takes place in a curtained-off section of the dining room. All the gourmet selections include regional cuisine specialties. Some lunches and dinners are themed to the visited country along the cruise itinerary.
Each of the Scenic ships has two lounges. Panorama Lounge & Bar pampers with after-dinner entertainment (cocktails, music, and dancing). It's also the venue for daily port talk, local performers showcasing their culture in the evenings, classical music recitals. Traditional performances by groups of Bavarian dancers or gypsy troupes are also presented here. The other lounge area for drinks and light snacks is the Riverview Terrace (at the boat's bow). This lounge is covered, with an open-air teak deck, seats about 20 guests and is only a deck below the Sun Deck.
About 84% of all Scenic river cruise ship cabins are with balconies. All the ships (except the chartered in Russia Scenic Tsar) have the signature "Sun Lounge" verandas. All passenger accommodations also feature flat-screen TVs and 5-star hotel luxury amenities. Bathrooms are also larger than average, with fun lighting. Guests can decide a changing spectrum of colored lights while taking a shower.
English-speaking local guides lead all Scenic cruise tours and excursions ashore. Innovative headsets (called "Scenic Tailormade", GPS devices) allow guests to hear the guide's commentaries or to choose between the organized tours as they cycle or walk through the places they visit. These devices also have a screen showing both photos of specific sights and a map of the scheduled cruise itinerary route.
Since 2022, on all Scenic river cruises in Europe is provided an "Enrichment Manager to host cooking lessons, wine tastings, painting classes, cabaret nights, themed lectures and demonstrations (including by local artists boarding the boat during port stays).
Scenic river cruise tour cancellation policy
Starting 2017, Scenic Cruises offer a river cruise travel guarantee with refunds for voyage cancellations and delays due to weather, high/low water levels, natural disasters, labor strikes, mechanical breakdowns.
The new guarantee comes at no charge to booked customers and goes into effect with the ship's departure. Under the new cancellation policy, Scenic Tours cruise passengers receive direct cash refunds (up to USD 750 pp per day, max 7 days) or USD 5,250 pp (as opposed to the industry's standard of refunding in future cruise credits). Refunds are offered in the following cases:
- A complete cruise tour itinerary halt - the riverboat is unable to move and Scenic can't deliver the scheduled tours/excursions ashore (except by way of bus travel over 3 hours each way).
- Scenic has the option to accommodate all passengers on another Scenic Space-Ship, but the cruise tour itinerary is delayed for over 24 hours.
- A mechanical breakdown on the ship resulting in cruise cancellation, and there are no alternative Scenic ships available.
- Industrial action (strikes, riots, river/canal lock damage (closure) Scenic can't pass through a river lock.
The list of unfortunate events and situations that won't be covered by the new policy includes:
- embarkation/disembarkation less than 100 km (60 ml) from the scheduled port
- ship swaps that don't incur a delay over 24 hours
- replacement of scheduled cruise tour itinerary activities with alternates of similar quality
- short-term delays in the cruise tour itinerary due to high/low water level.
The new insurance also doesn't cover personal/medical travel issues, so purchasing cruise travel insurance is recommended.
(NEW) Scenic-National Geographic River Cruises
In November 2017, National Geographic Cruises (via a partnership with Lindblad Expeditions) and Scenic Cruises teamed up and launched "National Geographic River Cruises". The new offerings combine Scenic riverboats' all-inclusive luxury experience with NatGeo's science and exploration.
Each voyage is accompanied by a NatGeo expert who leads the ship's onboard enrichment program (educational presentations, itinerary-based lectures, informal discussions). All Scenic European river cruises also have a NatGeo photographer on the boat to lead the photography-themed activities and workshops. These voyages also offer themed excursions ranging from hiking and biking to nature, culture, and history.
The new Scenic-NatGeo partnership offers itineraries mainly in Europe - on the rivers Moselle, Rhine, Danube, Main, also on Holland and Belgium waterways, in France (Bordeaux wine region) and in Portugal (on Douro River). The new NatGeo experience is also available on select Asian cruises on Irrawaddy River (in Burma). National Geographic River Cruises program started in Spring 2018.
For Xmas season 2019, Scenic Cruises partnered with National Geographic-Lindblad Expeditions for 3 new river travel packages. The themed voyages visit Christmas markets along Danube River, gardens in Holland and Belgium, as well as Douro River Valley ports in Portugal.
Scenic Yacht Cruises
As the fleet size, vessel capacity and onboard amenities, the company is in direct competition with the top-luxury brands Ponant, RSSC-Regent, Norwegian Yacht Voyages and Ritz-Carlton (main competitors), SeaDream, Windstar. About 5% of the cruise industry's multi-billion dollar business belongs to luxury brands.
As of 2018, the company has under construction 2 mega-yachts - Scenic Eclipse (2019-built) and Scenic Eclipse II (2023). For both ships construction was contracted the company Uljanik Shipyard JSC (Pula Croatia), The following YouTube video is a timelapse of the Scenic yachts construction process.
With Eclipse 2, Scenic Group established "MKM Yachts" (fully-owned subsidiary company) to manage newbuilds' construction. In late-April 2020, Scenic Group also announced plans to build (at Maj 3 Shipyard in Rijeka Croatia) a total of 5x superyachts in the next 6 years (2021-2027). For these shipbuilding projects was dedicated a separate section at Rijeka's Maj 3 Shipyard. In early-July 2020, MKM Yachts was granted a sub-concession at Rijeka's shipyard. This way, the company became the prime contractor for all Scenic Group's newbuilds.
Scenic Group's superyachts
These vessels are advertised as the "world's first discovery yachts". The hull has the highest passenger ship ice-class (1A Super) allowing polar cruise operations (Arctic and Antarctica itineraries) for 3 months a year. Each ship's passenger capacity is reduced from 228 to 200 on polar expeditions allowing several landing tours per day.
The ship's own helicopters (each with capacity 7 passengers) can be booked for private tours (hired at extra charge). Helicopter tours allow passengers to get closer to the wildlife in comparison to the Zodiac landings. Also at additional charge can be booked the shipboard submarine.
The vessel has an almost 1:1 passenger-to-crew ratio and each stateroom are served by a dedicated butler. Other features and all-inclusive amenities (per yacht) include:
- 9 restaurants (including Asian, steakhouse, seafood, French, Italian, poolside grill, 24/7 room service)
- 4 bars and lounges
- 240-seat Theater Lounge
- 2 (indoor and outdoor) swimming pools, a heated indoor pool (with retractable glass roof)
- 5900 ft2 (550 m2) wellness complex with heated indoor pool, outdoor Jacuzzis, swimming pools, Hair Salon, Spa treatment/massage rooms
- gym (with separate Aerobics Studio for classes)
- Staterooms as sizes range between 345 ft2 / 32 m2 (Veranda Suite) to 2660 ft2 / 247 m2 (2-Bedroom Penthouse Suite). The Owners Penthouse Suite is sized 2507 ft2 (235 m2).
- Each of the ship's 114 cabins has a private balcony and separate lounge area.
Scenic yacht cruise deals
Scenic Cruises yacht deals are inclusive of:
- balcony stateroom with 24-7 room service
- butler service (regardless cabin category)
- all tips/gratuities
- Discovery leaders (professional tour guides on all cruise itineraries)
- shore excursions (all landings, shore tours and organized events at ports of call and beaches along the itinerary route) - expert-led Scenic Free choice activities, discovery excursions by Zodiacs (large-capacity inflatable boats)
- onboard dining (all dining venues are complimentary / fee-free)
- onboard entertainment
- e-biking, water sports (sea kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving).
(Coronavirus crisis) passenger shipping pause 2020-2021
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, all Scenic Group travel entities have suspended passenger operations (land tours, yacht and river cruises) by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 14, 2020, through late-July 2021. Scenic Group's operations resumed in August 2021, including the riverboats.
With rebooking, Scenic Group provided an FTC (Future Travel Credit) for all canceled departures. To each of the canceled bookings (river or ocean itineraries) was provided 110% FTC (for the booking's full value), to rebook and travel by December 31, 2022. To all booked land tours (including Egypt cruisetours) during the suspension period was provided 100% FTC (for the booking's full value), to rebook and travel by December 31, 2022.
Scenic's FTC was valid for travel departures through to December 31, 2022. The FTC can be applied to any existing booking within the Scenic Group travel companies (Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Evergreen Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises/Emerald Waterways) and also when rebooking future travel. The FTC is fully transferrable to another customer.
Upon the expiry of the Scenic FTC voucher (on December 31, 2022), unable to travel customers may request a cash refund equal to the amount paid. All customers with a booking that departs from July 1, 2020, and customers considering a booking after July 1st, have the option to transfer their booking (up to 30 days prior departure) to an alternate date without a fee. Scenic will waive all cancellation fees with the booking value applied as an FTC and we will review the timing for the full payment when rebooking. Please note, if you choose to cancel there may be third-party fees applicable, which will be at the customer's own expense. This policy applies to all Scenic Group's travel brands.
Itinerary of Scenic Cruises
The list of owned by Scenic Tours ships includes:
- Scenic Aura (Irrawaddy River, Myanmar) Asia
- Scenic Amber (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Azure (Douro River, Portugal) Europe
- Scenic Crystal (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Diamond (Garonne River from Bordeaux, France)
- Scenic Emerald (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Gem (Seine River from Paris, France)
- Scenic Jade (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Jasper (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Jewel (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Opal (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Pearl (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Ruby (Rhine-Main-Danube) Europe
- Scenic Sapphire (Saone-Rhone rivers from Chalon and Tarascon, France)
- Scenic Spirit (Mekong River, Vietnam, and Cambodia) Asia
- Scenic Tsar (Volga River, Russia) chartered, original vessel's name is MS Alexander Grin.
- Scenic Eclipse (2018, superyacht) operates on polar expedition cruises to Antarctica and also in Europe (Mediterranean Sea)
- Scenic Eclipse II (2023, superyacht) seasonal polar expedition cruises, possibly combined with Europe and/or the Caribbean (TBA)
Scenic Yacht Cruises 2022-2023-2024 program
In December 2020, Scenic Yacht Cruises released Scenic Eclipse 1's 2022-2023 program (Worldwide Discovery Voyages brochure). The extensive program (48 itineraries) covers 35 countries on 6 continents.
- 16-day "Beyond the Antarctic Circle" itinerary (fares from GBP 15715 per person) departs from Buenos Aires on December 20, 2022.
- 14-day "Jewels of the Russian Far East" itinerary (through Chukotka and Kamchatka, fares from GBP 14105 pp) departs May 27 and July 25, 2023.
- 13-day "Fire and Ocean - Russia's Kamchatka and The Kurils" itinerary (through Russia's Kuril Islands, fares from GBP 13525 pp) departs June 9 and July 13, 2023.
- 26-day "Cross the Legendary Northeast Passage" itinerary (from Nome US to Tromso Norway, through Novaya Zemlya Russia/world's northernmost archipelago, and Franz Josef Land Russia, fares from GBP 23515 pp) departs August 6, 2023.
- 12-day "Japan: A Journey Through Time" itinerary (from Otaru to Kobe-Osaka, visits Aomori, fares from GBP 12580 pp) departs June 21, 2023.
- 12-day "Natural Wonders of Japan" itinerary (Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route, fares from GBP 12580 pp) departs July 2, 2023. For a complete circumnavigation cruise of Japan, passengers can combine both itineraries into a B2B (fares from GBP 21755 pp) departing June 21, 2023.
In March 2021, Scenic Cruises unveiled the 2022-2023 Antarctica & South America program of Scenic Eclipse. The brochure of Scenic Eclipse features Scenic Freechoice options, new discovery experiences, and an itinerary sailing Antarctica’s Weddell Sea, along with a range of South America luxury land trip extensions. Each itinerary has been selected to give passengers true immersion in the remote region.
Highlights of the 2022-2023 program include:
- A new 16-day Into the Weddell Sea cruise that crosses into the Weddell Sea is possible due to Scenic Eclipse’s Polar Class 6 rating, industry-leading features, and world-class design. Passengers enjoy 24 hours of daylight during Christmas and New Year’s sailing while paddling by kayak or getting up close to the wildlife on a stand-up paddleboard experience. Prices start at CAD$26,225 per person, double occupancy, on a December 20, 2022, departure.
- Scenic Eclipse’s helicopter trips have been expanded to include helicopter ice landings so passengers can head for an in-depth exploration of the Antarctic landscape. The more adventurous can ski on Antarctica’s terrain, as the onboard helicopters take guests to the top of its mountain slopes on helicopter skiing trips.
- Scenic Neptune, Scenic Eclipse’s submarine, is the first submersible permitted to operate in South Georgian waters. Passengers will be embarking on an underwater discovery with a submarine capable of diving up to 1,000 feet below the surface while keeping vacationers enclosed with 270-degree views.
Scenic Cruises has also added 3 new 8-day land tour extensions, all with a maximum of 20 guests. The prices shown are the combined voyage and land add-on fares.
- Glaciers & Wilderness - Argentinean Patagonia is a brand new tour in Argentinean Patagonia, beginning in El Calafate and ending El Chalten. Passengers take in the Perito Moreno Glacier, view majestic wildlife, and stay at picturesque accommodations. Scenic Cruises have exclusive use of the Explora El Chalten resort. The 8-day tour can be combined with the 13-day Antarctica in Depth (CAD$32,840 pp), 20-day Antarctica, South Georgia & Falkland Islands (CAD$41,175 pp), or 14-day Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn (CAD$25,838 pp).
- Wild Landscapes of Atacama - a new Chilean tour, beginning and ending in Santiago (Valparaiso). The focus is on exploring vibrant Chile. Passengers enjoy stellar accommodations at Explora Atacama, situated in the oasis of San Pedro de Atacama. The 8-day tour can be combined with the 14-day Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn (CAD$22,788 pp) or the 11-day Latin America Delights (CAD$17,400 pp).
- Icons of Peru, a Luxury Journey explores Peru, beginning and ending in Cuzco. This 8-day tour can be added to the 11-day Latin America Delights (CAD$20,070 pp) or the 11-day Peru to Panama: Along the Andean Coast (CAD$21,145 pp).
All cruises are all-inclusive, meaning flights, premium beverages, meals with up to ten dining experiences, shore trips, and even the in-suite mini-bar are all included as standard. An expert Discovery Team of up to 20 members is onboard to lead Scenic Discovery trips and to host engaging education programs. Complimentary water bottles, expedition parkas, and use of polar boots are available for all passengers while in the polar regions.
2022-2023 Europe and the Mediterranean cruises aboard Scenic Eclipse include:
- 12-day Authentic Andalucía (from Valletta Malta to Lisbon Portugal) departing on June 7, 2022. Guests can explore the Maltese archipelago to the coast of Spain and Lisbon Portugal, taking in Sardinia and Sicily en route. They can also kayak through Gozo’s blue waters along towering cliffs, relax on Formentera’s unspoiled beaches, and explore the south coast of Menorca by e-bike. Scenic Eclipse will visit Puerto Banus, popular for its impressive yachts, luxurious cars, and exclusive shops. Vacationers will witness an authentic flamenco ballet production, Carmen. Fares start from GBP 5,290 per person.
- 10-day Iconic Treasures of Italy and Greece (from Rome Civitavecchia Italy to Piraeus-Athens Greece) departing on May 14, 2022, visiting caves and cliffs in Sorrento. Guests can hike among the volcanic Aeolian archipelago and then relax with a glass of local wine while listening to violinists set to the background of a Santorini sunset. Fares start from GBP 4,685 per person.
- 12-day Sorrentine Peninsula and Adriatic (from Rome Civitavecchia to Venice Italy) departing April 30, 2023, and visiting some of Italy’s hotspots like Capri Island, Sorrento’s Bay of Leranto, the volcanic island of Lipari, and the easternmost town Otranto. Guests can see the Bay of Kotor Montenegro before sailing to Dubrovnik Croatia where a private concert set in a Baroque Church awaits. Fares start from GBP 6,475 per person.
- 10-day Mediterranean Odyssey: Greece to Malta (from Athens Piraeus to Valletta) departing on May 30, 2022, discovering timeless islands with spectacular beauty and an aura of history. Fares start from GBP 4,685 per person.
Scenic Yacht Cruises 2023-2024
The program is based on two "Discovery Yachts" - Scenic Eclipse (2019-built) and Scenic Eclipse 2 (2023). The season features 85 voyages visiting 50+ countries on 7 continents. Destinations include Caribbean, Oceania-Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Australia, Europe, the Americas, Arctic and Antarctica.
Highlights of 2023-2024 itineraries include:
- 9-day or 10-day "Antarctica Insights" fly-cruise (roundtrip Punta Arenas Chile) with a 2-hour flight to/from King George Island, fares from US$17,420 pp
- 11-day "Discover the Kimberley Coastline" (from Darwin to Broome), fares from US$13,800 pp
- 18-day "Wild Frontiers: Franz Josef Land Archipelago" visits Russian High Arctic and Novaya Zemlya, fares from US$23,400 pp.
New itineraries in 2023-2024 include:
- 9-day "Scottish Isles: Historic Trails & Wilderness" from Edinburgh to Dublin
- 9- and 10-day "Antarctica Insights" fly-cruise from Punta Arenas to Buenos Aires
- 11-day "Atlantic Isles & the Caribbean" from New York to Nassau
- 12-day "Beyond the Arctic Circle" from Tromso to Oslo
- 13-day "Caribbean Sojourn" from Nassau to Bridgetown
- 13-day "Passage through Melanesia: Solomon Islands & Vanuatu" from Cairns to Fiji
- 13-day "Secrets of Indonesia: Spice Islands & Raja Ampat" (roundtrip from Darwin)
Scenic River cruise itineraries
New for Scenic's "Europe River Cruise Collection" is the "Spectacular South of France" (12-day itinerary) from Paris France. Passengers then travel to Lyon by TGV (high-speed train) and board the ship Scenic Sapphire. Cruising on Saone, travelers stop in Tournus, where they can sample French truffles or visit Chateau de Cormatin. The voyage continues to Beaune and Tournon (to see castles and vineyards) then two days in Avignon before Tarascon and Viviers, plus 3 days in Lyon (debarkation).
The new 11-day "Windmills, Tulips and Belgian Delights" itinerary (from London to Amsterdam) begins with 3 days in London UK, followed by travel to Amsterdam Holland (embarkation). It visits scenic towns like Edam-Volendam as well as metropolises such as Antwerp and Rotterdam.
The new 8-day "Lower Danube Explorer" itinerary visits riverports in Eastern Europe leaving out of Budapest to Belgrade Serbia. Guests can immerse themselves in local traditions, witness a horse show, visit Osijek Croatia.
In October 2020, Scenic River Cruises opened bookings for the company's 2022 European season and also introduced a new itinerary and new "Scenic Freechoice" (shore excursions/land tours) along with special deals and promo offers.
- An early-booking promo features free and reduced-price economy flights (CAD$295 and $495) for many of Scenic's most popular itineraries. The brand is also offering CAD$100 per person gift cards for booking 8- to 14-day voyages or CAD$200 on voyages of 15 days or longer.
- A "Love to Travel" promotion features complimentary private door-to-door chauffeur-driven transfers. All bookings come with the line's Book with Confidence program, providing passengers with additional flexibility via a free Deposit Protection Plan (CAD$125) and deposits reduced 50% to CAD$250 per person.
Scenic River Cruises offers 3 new itineraries for season 2022, including a 5-day trip (between Vienna and Budapest) and 2 culinary-themed itineraries focused on French cuisine.
The new 5-day "Tastes of Imperial Europe" itinerary introduces 3 of the most beautiful European river ports and capital cities - Vienna Austria, Bratislava Slovakia, and Budapest Hungary. Moving from introductions to the coffee culture of Vienna and its gilded palaces to learning about life in Bratislava from a local family to in-depth touring of Budapest, guests get a great education in European history.
The 2 culinary itineraries, "Tastes of Southern France" and "Rhone and the Flavours of Bordeaux" include an onboard dinner specially prepared by Michelin star chef Didier Goiffon as well as a cooking class at 3-star Michelin chef Georges Blanc's restaurant. Passengers can learn the family secrets of regional recipes with the company's new "Ancestry of the Kitchen" program which includes a series of authentic cooking classes that are held in the homes of locals including Bulgarian Banitza in Vidin, Dutch Apple Pie baking in Hoorn, and Portuguese bread-making experience.
The "Gems of the Danube" itinerary takes guests behind-the-scenes of Artstetten Castle, situated close to Austria's Wachau Valley. A newly added tour of the villages of Schermerhorn and Alkmaar showcases some of the finest 16th-century windmills - an iconic part of the Netherlands and of the popular "Jewels of Europe" river voyage.
On the "Romantic Rhine and Moselle" itinerary, a new Scenic Freechoice highlight is the visit to Hollands American Cemetery and Memorial close to Maastricht. Passengers can learn about the WWII American soldiers who fought here and visit Eben Emael Fortress - built to protect from the German invasion.
In mid-February 2021, Scenic River Cruises announced its new 2022 Preview Europe itinerary collection. The premium travel company is highlighting all offers on the European waterways. The brochure features a visit to Floriade 2022 Expo (once in a decade event held in Almere, Holland) and a new Paris City extension.
- (April 6, 2022) 8-day "Windmills, Tulips and Belgian Delights" itinerary (Floriade Horticulture Expo 2022) roundtrip from Amsterdam itinerary visits Dordrecht, Veere, Antwerp, Arnhem, Hoorn. Prices start from GBP 2145 pp.
- ("Jewels of Europe" itinerary) has an optional 2-night package extension in Paris (City of Light) with a guided tour, a visit to the Louvre Museum, dining at " Restaurant 58 Tour Eiffel". Prices start from GBP 860 pp.
- (April 6, 2022) 5-day "Tastes of Imperial Europe" itinerary (between Vienna and Budapest/on Danube) features a visit to Bratislava for a private classical concert (at Royal Palace of Godollo). Prices start from GBP 1595 pp.
NOTE: Scenic announced its return to European river cruises with all-inclusive luxury sailings on the Danube and Rhine rivers, Portugal’s Douro River, and France’s Garonne, Gironde and Dordogne in Bordeaux. Departures start on Portugal’s Douro river on July 30, 2021, followed by Bordeaux France on August 29, Rhine river on August 30, and Danube river on September 27.
- Bordeaux cruises have 6 departures through October 2021 – the 11-day Beautiful Bordeaux and the 8-day Bordeaux Affair. The 8 Rhine River sailings include the 8-day Rhine Highlights sailing between Amsterdam Netherlands and Basel Switzerland, and the 14-day Romantic Rhine & Moselle.
- The 8-day Gems of the Danube sails in September-October 2021.
- Christmas Market cruises are offered in November-December 2021.
- 2 sailings of the 15-day Jewels of Europe combine the best of the Rhine and Danube between Amsterdam Netherlands and Budapest Hungary.
- The 8-day Delightful Douro has 5 departures and the 11-day Unforgettable Douro has 8 sailings.
All passengers must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before departure.
Scenic Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
On April 10, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises' ship ms Europa made her way to the port of Bastia (Corsica France) for her first call of 2022. The busiest cruise...April 17, 2022
Viking Cruises cancelled all 2022 departures on its Kiev (Kyiv, Ukraine), Black Sea & Bucharest itinerary in response to Russia’s conflict...February 26, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises' ship Scenic Eclipse made history with the first submersible dive on South Georgia Island in 40 years, since the Falklands War in...February 4, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The De Wave Group revealed it had been selected as the major contractor for the outfitting of Scenic Cruises’ newest boat Scenic Eclipse 2...January 17, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury, full all-inclusive travel brand Scenic Yacht Cruises introduced its 2023-2024 itinerary collection. With the introduction of...January 13, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises' superyacht Scenic Eclipse is one of the first cruise ships to return to Antarctica, restarting her ultra-luxury expedition...January 3, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Eclipse recently departed the Red Sea and is making her way to Antarctica (now positioned at Santa Cruz de Tenerife) in preparation for her...December 21, 2021
After Austria temporarily locked down its borders and banned entry for international visitors through at least December 13, 2021, the unexpected...November 27, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The keel-laying ceremony for the newest Emerald Cruises' superyacht Emerald Sakara took place on October 27th, at the Halong Shipyard (Ha Long City...November 2, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises' superyacht Scenic Eclipse will be one of the first cruise ships to return to Antarctica when she restarts sailing her ultra-luxury...September 25, 2021
- show more news