Scenic Tsar last position
Specifications of Scenic Tsar
|Year built||2012 / Age: 8|
|Builder||Osterreichische Schiffswerften AG (Korneuburg, Austria)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project Q-065)|
|Ferry route / homeports||St Petersburg-Moscow|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||90 m / 295 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||MS Grin, MS Alexander Grin, MS Aleksandr Blok|
Scenic Tsar Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 May 09||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2021 May 23||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2021 Jun 06||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2021 Jun 20||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2021 Jul 04||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2021 Jul 18||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2021 Aug 15||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2021 Aug 29||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2021 Sep 12||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2021 Sep 26||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Volgograd||Moscow|
Scenic Tsar Review
Review of Scenic Tsar
Scenic Tsar cruise ship (MS Alexander Grin / "Александр Грин") cruises on Volga River in Russia, with departures from homeports St Petersburg and Moscow. The vessel started operations for Scenic Cruises in 2012 under the name "Scenic Tsar". This was Scenic Tours' first ship (as opposed to riverboat) in the fleet. The vessel is owned by the Russian company Mosturflot (Moscow River Shipping) and operated under 5-year charter deals by Scenic Cruises.
Scenic's Volga cruise passengers enjoy intimate cruising on a vessel with a max capacity of just 112 guests. Being a newbuild river ship, Scenic Tsar was extensively refurbished to meet the line's standards of amenities and services on Volga river cruises in Russia. The ship operates with 14 and 18-night sailings. Around 93% of all cruise staterooms and suites have their private full-length balconies. The ship provides 4-star hotel luxury accommodations and has all 6 Royal-categories Suites. Passengers on Scenic Tsar (Alexander Grin) are 45 and older, most of them being from Australia and the UK.
At full capacity, the boat's crew ratio is 1 to 3,2 guests. The Tsar ship differs from Scenic Cruises European river fleet. It’s smaller, and not quite high-end. The ship has a large lounge, two bars, entertainment area, wellness area (massages and gym), a medical centre with an onboard doctor. Typical for its restaurants are the international and local Russian cuisine. Shore excursions and tours (included in every port along the itinerary) are guided by locals. Guides are all English-speaking. Modern headsets with GPS are provided everywhere along the cruise itineraries and land tour routes. All passengers benefit from the line's complimentary Wi-Fi on board.
Each cabin as standard amenities offers central air-conditioning (individually controlled heating and ventilation system), private en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, washbasin, hairdryer, towels, bath products), flat TV (satellite reception), radio, direct-dial phone, mini-refrigerator, wardrobe, safe (in the closet), vanity mirror, writing desk with chair, bedside table, bed lights, 220 V power sockets. Ceiling height is 2,2 m.
Scenic river cruise deals are among the industry's most all-inclusive. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fares. Even the drinks in the cabin's mini-bar are complimentary. Scenic Tours cruises traditionally attract travellers from Australia and the UK, with a constantly growing number of Americans, Canadians and Germans. Passengers are 55+, financially comfortable and well-travelled.
Scenic Tsar cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative of Scenic Cruises Russia rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours Volga river cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
Scenic Tsar - user reviews and comments
Photos of Scenic TsarAdd Photo
Scenic Tsar Wiki
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 56
- Restaurants: Crystal Restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge (live piano music), Neva Lounge and Bar
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), shop
- The ship is comparatively smaller, with V-shape hull design, and not as high-end as the traditional, company-owned Scenic riverboats. Still, it offers an impressive 93% cabins with full-sized balconies.
- Scenic Tsar cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- Officially named "MS Alexander Grin" (or simply MS Grin), Scenic Tsar received USD 8,2 million stern-to-bow drydock refurbishment and refit. The vessel was relaunched in Russia in June 2012. It's not a new river ship, but the refit was so extensive, that Alexander Grin was registered as a new vessel.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there. For other Russia-based ships, you can visit our dedicated to Russian River Cruises hub.
Scenic Tsar User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review