Scenic Tsar Review and Specifications
Specifications of Scenic Tsar
|Year built||2012 / Age : 7|
|Builder||Osterreichische Schiffswerften AG (Korneuburg, Austria)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project Q-065)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||90 m / 295 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||MS Aleksandr Blok, MS Alexander Grin, MS Grin|
Current itinerary of Scenic Tsar
Scenic Tsar current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg. Prices start from USD 4445 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 12 May, 2019 and ends on 26 May, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|12 May||Departing from Moscow, Russia hotels|
|13 May||Moscow, Russia(Kremlin)|
|14 May||Moscow, Russia(Meet a Cosmonaut)|
|15 May||Moscow, Russia(Circus)|
|16 May||Moscow, Russia(Scenic cruise)|
|17 May||Uglich, Russia(City Tour)|
|18 May||Yaroslavl, Russia(City Tour)|
|19 May||Goritsy, Russia(Vodka Tasting)|
|20 May||Kizhi Island, Lake Onega, Russia(Church of Transfiguration)|
|21 May||Mandrogi, Russia(Museum village)|
|22 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia(Canals cruise)|
|23 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia(Ballet)|
|24 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia(Hermitage)|
|25 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia(Peterhof Grand Palace)|
|26 May||Arriving in Saint Petersburg, Russia hotels|
Review of Scenic Tsar
Scenic Tsar cruise ship (MS Alexander Grin / "Александр Грин") cruises on Volga River in Russia. The vessel started operations for Scenic Cruises in 2012 under the name "Scenic Tsar". This was Scenic Tours' first ship (as opposed to riverboat) in the fleet. The vessel is owned by the Russian company Mosturflot (Moscow River Shipping) and operated under 5-year charter by Scenic Cruises.
Scenic's Volga cruise passengers enjoy intimate cruising on a vessel with max capacity of just 112 guests. Being a newbuild river ship, Scenic Tsar was extensively refurbished to meet the line's standards of amenities and services on Volga river cruises in Russia. The ship operates with 14 and 18-nights sailings. Around 93% of all cruise staterooms and suites have their private full-length balconies. The ship provides 4-star hotel luxury accommodations and has all 6 Royal-categories Suites. Passengers on Scenic Tsar (Alexander Grin) are 45 and older, most of them being from Australia and UK.
At full capacity, the boat's crew ratio is 1 to 3,2 guests. The Tsar ship differs from Scenic Cruises European river fleet. It’s smaller, and not quite high-end. The ship has a large lounge, two bars, entertainment area, wellness area (massages and gym), medical centre with onboard doctor. Typical for its restaurants are the international and local Russian cuisine. Shore excursions and tours (included in every port along the itinerary) are guided by locals. Guides are all English-speaking. Modern headsets with GPS are provided everywhere along the cruise itineraries and land tour routes. All passengers benefit from the line's complimentary Wi-Fi on board.
Each cabin as standard amenities offers central air-conditioning (individually controlled heating and ventilation system), private en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, wash basin, hairdryer, towels, bath products), flat TV (satellite reception), radio, direct-dial phone, mini-refrigerator, wardrobe, safe (in the closet), vanity mirror, writing desk with chair, bedside table, bed lights, 220 V power sockets. Ceiling height is 2,2 m.
Scenic river cruise deals are among the industry's most all-inclusive. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fares. Even the drinks in cabin mini-bars are complimentary. Scenic Tours cruises traditionally attract travelers from Australia and the UK, with a constantly growing number of Americans, Canadians and Germans. Passengers are 55+, financially comfortable and well traveled.
Scenic Tsar cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Scenic Cruises Russia rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours Volga river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
Scenic Tsar wiki
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 56
- Restaurants: Crystal Restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge (live piano music), Neva Lounge and Bar
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), shop
- The ship is comparatively smaller, with a V-shape hull design, and not as high-end as the traditional, company-owned Scenic riverboats. Still, it offers the impressive 93% cabins with full-sized balconies.
- Scenic Tsar cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- Officially named "MS Alexander Grin" (or simply MS Grin), Scenic Tsar received USD 8,2 million stern-to-bow drydock refurbishment and refit. The vessel was relaunched in Russia in June 2012. It's not a new river ship, but the refit was so extensive, that Alexander Grin was registered as a new vessel.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there. For other Russia-based ships you can visit our dedicated to Russian River Cruises hub.
Scenic Tsar - user reviews and comments
Scenic Tsar Itineraries
The below listed Scenic Tsar cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Russian River Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 May 12||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$4445|
|2019 May 26||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4445|
|2019 Jun 09||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$4545|
|2019 Jun 23||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4545|
|2019 Jul 07||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$4445|
|2019 Jul 21||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4445|
|2019 Aug 04||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$4245|
|2019 Aug 18||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4245|
|2019 Sep 01||14 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$4445|
|2019 Sep 15||14 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4445|