Seabourn Cruises fleet
Review of Seabourn Cruises
Seabourn (seabourn.com) is a top-luxury cruise line brand (1986-founded, operational since 1988) headquartered in Seattle WA (USA). Seabourn Cruise Line operates all around the globe, from short 7-day Caribbean cruises to exotic 100+ day world voyages. It is owned by Carnival Corporation and is part of the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" group, which also includes AIDA, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess and P&O Cruises.
NEWS: On May 24, 2022, CNBC rumored that Carnival Corporation is in discussions with Saudi Arabia's PIF-Public Investment Fund to sell Seabourn.
Company history and changes
Seabourn Cruise Line was founded in 1986 under the name "Signet Cruise Lines" by Atle Brynestad (Norwegian private investor) and Erland Raastad (president of the companies "Kloster Cruise" and "Royal Viking Line").
The name "Seabourn Cruise Line" was adopted shortly afterward, following objections over trademark ownership by Signet Oil & Gas Co (Colorado USA).
Seabourn Pride (company's first vessel) entered service in 1988, followed by Seabourn Spirit (sistership by design) in 1989. A third boat (originally planned for 1990) was delayed due to financial constraints. The vessel was eventually purchased by Royal Viking Line (1972-founded/1998-defunct) and launched in 1992 under the name "Royal Viking Queen". In 1994, the ship was transferred to Royal Cruise Line as "Queen Odyssey".
In 1991, Carnival Corporation purchased a 25% stake in Seabourn. In 1996, Carnival upped its stake to 50%, providing Seabourn with the needed capital to buy Queen Odyssey. The ship was renamed Seabourn Legend. In 1998, Carnival Corporation purchased the remaining 50% stake in Seabourn, acquired the time-honored Cunard Line from Kvaerner ASA, and finally merged the two brands into the Cunard Line entity.
In 1999, three Cunard liners (Royal Viking Sun, Sea Goddess I, Sea Goddess II) were transferred to Seabourn under new names (respectively, Seabourn Sun, Seabourn Goddess I, Seabourn Goddess II). In 2001, Carnival Corporation bought out the NCL-Norwegian shares. Seabourn's parent company became Carnival's wholly-owned subsidiary. Seabourn Goddess 1 and Seabourn Goddess 2 were purchased for SeaDream Yacht Club by Atle Brynestad (Seabourn's founder).
In 2002, Seabourn Sun was transferred to Holland America Line (Carnival-owned subsidiary), thus reducing Seabourn's fleet to the three original vessels. The company was demerged from Cunard and reorganized as an independent brand (still part of Carnival Corporation). On March 31, 2011, Seabourn Cruise Line ceased operations from Miami Florida USA and transferred its operations to Holland America's headquarters in Seattle WA.
In 2014, Seabourn Pride left the fleet and was transferred (as Star Pride) to Windstar. In 2015, Seabourn Legend and Seabourn Spirit were also transferred to Windstar (as Star Legend and Star Breeze).
Since 2018 are offered fleetwide "K+M Chocolate" products. These are high-quality chocolates by the "Keller Manni Chocolate" company (founders Michelin chef Thomas Keller and Armando Manni / olive oil producer from Italy). The custom-made for Seabourn chocolates are hand-crafted (produced in Napa Valley, California). Among the signature flavors are the milk-based hazelnut, smoked chili, blood orange, cherry, as well as the dark chocolate "sea salt".
In late-March 2019, Seabourn signed a partnership with Pixvana Inc (Seattle-based company) to create TableVision (virtual reality/interactive training platform based on Pixvana's SPIN Studio) for Main Dining Room waitstaff training.
On August 15, 2019, Seabourn opened bookings for its new "Private Air" program (privately chartered jet service) that allows customers to fly to homeports/departure cruise ports via private jets rather than commercial airlines. The new service is global and offers a variety of private jet aircraft (as models and sizes) to charter, accommodating groups of any size (upon request) and plane capacity 5 to 16 passengers. Seabourn's fly-cruise packages offer access to thousands of airports (private and commercial) worldwide. Pricing varies by aircraft and itinerary and is inclusive of cruise and flight fares, valet luggage service, onboard food and drinks (including caviar, champagne and premium spirits by the glass), onboard Wi-Fi, transfers (to/from home, airports, seaports) and next-port protection (up to 1000 mi).
On June 6, 2022, NCLH announced an expansion of its fleetwide sustainability program "Sail & Sustain". Extending its animal welfare policy, the shipowner is now fully committed to responsible animal food sourcing practices (regarding pork, chicken, eggs, and seafood) within the global fleet's supply chain. The goal is by the year 2025, fleetwide (NCL, Oceania, Regent) to be sourced only cage-free eggs, crate-free pork, certified sustainable seafood, and chicken purchased from American and Canadian suppliers who meet GAP (Global Animal Partnership) standards.
Compared to the Odyssey-class vessels, the new boats are ~1/5 larger in size (LOA 210 m, volume 40350 GT-tons), ~1/3rd bigger as passenger capacity (638 max), with 1 additional deck (12 decks), re-designed venues, expanded public spaces, biggest Spa at sea, new onboard programming. Traditionally for Seabourn ships, all passenger cabins (all-suite categories) are with private balconies.
In July 2018, Seabourn signed a letter of intent with "MARIOTTI DAMEN Cruise" for building 2 polar-class expedition ships with the following specifications.
- length 170 m
- GT tonnage 23,000 tons
- ice-strengthened hull (PC6 ice-class)
- 132 balcony cabins
- capacity 264 passengers plus 120 crew (including 26 expedition crew of experts - scientists, historians, naturalists)
- 2 mini-submarines (6-guest, by U-Boat Worx), sea kayaks, 24x Zodiacs (RIBs/inflatable motorized boats used for near-shore cruising, landings and tendering)
- shell doors (at waterline level) allow convenient access to the Zodiacs.
The total open-deck space is approx 2750 m2 (29,600 ft2).
The first vessel (Venture) was scheduled for June 2021 (later postponed to December 2021, April 2022 and eventually July 2022). The second unit (Pursuit) was initially planned for delivery in 2022 (May) but was postponed for March 2023.
Seabourn's 30th Anniversary (2018)
In 2018, the company celebrated its 30th Anniversary featuring as highlights:
- Fleet expansion - from 4 to 5 vessels with the launch of Seabourn Ovation in May 2018.
- Adding new onboard cocktail offerings, including "Passion Pearls" cocktail by Brian van Flandern.
- Introducing a new "30th Anniversary Wine Package" with price-inclusive quality champagnes and wines.
- At the shipboard Shops were available for purchasing a unique collection of pearls and 30th Anniversary themed logo merchandise.
- Passengers on all ships were offered Seabourn company history-themed trivia games.
- Also in 2018 were introduced new onboard programs, including two Wellness Cruises (led by Dr. Andrew Weil).
- The company's 2018 itinerary program included over 170 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and a selection of Seabourn Journeys (shore tours).
Seabourn's ship cruising experience
Seabourn as brand was established on the principle that personal service in stylish surroundings would appeal to independent-minded, sophisticated passengers with lifestyles that demand the best.
The original Seabourn megayachts and their new fleet mates have been lovingly maintained and proved to be a great success over the years. Recognized as a leading small-ship luxury line, Seabourn delivers all extras, expected by its clientele - a stocked minibar in all suites, elegant amenities, complimentary wines, and spirits.
Seabourn Cruise Line's guests may also expect the unexpected - from exclusive luggage tags and travel-document portfolios to the pleasure of a complimentary massage while lounging at the pool. Seabourn will even arrange your luggage to be picked up at home and delivered to your suite.
The line presents an intimate and exceptional cruising experience. The smaller size of its vessels allows calling at smaller ports and up-close-and-personal encounter with the destination.
The atmosphere onboard is elegant but unpretentious. All rooms are suites, equipped with designer soaps, and the latest amenities, such as flat-screen televisions and Bose Wave sound systems. A bottle of champagne greets all guests in the cabin. Beds are dressed with Egyptian cotton linens and fluffy duvet covers with feather pillows. A well-stocked in-suite bar and Pure Pampering therapeutic bathing menu are provided in each suite. In addition, guests benefit from the services of a Personal Suite Stewardess, ready to cater to every need.
The abundance of public space makes passengers feel as if they have the vessel to themselves - no annoying lines or crowds here. Bar drinks are complimentary. Seabourn cruise ship passengers may choose to dine when and where they want on any of the luxurious ships of the line. Each dining venue offers a different atmosphere and different dishes, but all use innovative cooking techniques and perfect ingredients like Black River Ossetra Caviar.
Daily team trivia contest, lectures, wine tastings, and other quiet pursuits are usually scheduled, but most passengers are satisfied to just do what pleases them. Focused on personalized service, the line has designed unique programs like Caviar in the Surf and Shopping With the Chef, to further enhance onboard experience.
Seabourn's liners attract a broad mix of ages (40-something and above), and offer a variety of itineraries from more mainstream calls to the offbeat, in order to continue to draw new passengers.
While most of the cruisers are likely to be American, Seabourn appeals to well-off and well-traveled vacationers from a variety of countries, particularly English speaking Great Britain, South Africa, and Australia, among others.
In 2019, Seabourn signed a partnership deal with the company "Shaoching Bishop and Chef Thomas Keller" to provide fleetwide the Regiis Ova Caviar brand. The company partners directly with selected sturgeon farms to source the high-quality caviar.
Seabourn Cruises smoking policy
According to the new Seabourn Cruises smoking policy (implemented in 2017), smoking is not allowed in all the ship's indoor venues, also in cabins and on cabin balconies.
- Smoking is also banned in the ships' Observation Lounge (previously allowed after 8 pm). Smoking is allowed on Sky Bar's open-air starboard area (midship Deck 9 / Deck 10 on Encore and Ovation ships) and also on the starboard open-air pool terrace of The Club lounge (Deck 5 aft).
- Smoking cigarettes, as well as cigars and pipes smoking is allowed on Seabourn Square lounge's open-air terrace (deck 7 aft).
- Smoking E-cigarettes in cabins is allowed.
- Passengers who don't comply with the company's smoking policy are fined a cleaning fee (USD 250 per day).
“Seabourn Source” Web App
The Seabourn Source app was launched in August 2017. It can be accessed by all passengers (on a complimentary basis) and fleetwide. Seabourn Source offers up-to-the-minute access to voyage's daily details directly on passengers' smartphones, tablets or laptops. Users can tap the new app to instantly:
- stay on top of shipboard account records;
- review daily activity as well as entertainment schedules;
- track port times (arrivals and departures);
- peruse meal times and menus for all dining venues;
- browse and book shore trips;
- learn about wellness classes and spa treatments;
- connect to paid satellite internet.
The mobile app further connects cruisers to company’s complimentary digital newspaper-magazine PressReader Offline, which offers full editions of 2500+ global media sources. They can be downloaded to personal Android or iOS devices while at sea or in port. Seabourn Source operates on a shipboard network, so users do not incur additional Internet/cellular data charges while in use.
Seabourn Cruises loyalty program
Company's loyalty program ("Seabourn Club") allows earning membership points for each day. Accumulated points (onboard days) count toward Milestone Awards. The most expensive offer is a free cruise - up to 7-day itinerary (with 140 Sailed Days) and up to 14-day itinerary (with 250 Sailed Days). Every Milestone is also celebrated with an onboard event and a jewelry gift (by Tiffany & Co)
In addition to Milestone Awards, passengers earn Seabourn Club Points qualifying them for bonus perks. Seabourn points establish the membership levels.
- Each onboard day earns 1 Club Point.
- Each onboard day in Penthouse or Premium Suite cabin earns 1 additional Club Point.
- Each night on escorted Seabourn Journeys (shore excursions) earns 1 Club Point.
- Every USD 500 spent on onboard and pre-cruise online purchases earns 1 Club Point.
Next table shows all the benefits provided by the Seabourn Club loyalty program.
|SILVER MEMBER||GOLD MEMBER||PLATINUM MEMBER||DIAMOND MEMBER|
Pre-cruise available perks include: advanced information on new itineraries and special offers, booking discounts on select voyages
(20-69 points) Club Member benefits plus ONE of the following perks:
Pre-cruise available perks include Club Member benefits, plus luggage tags
(70-139 points) Club Member benefits plus TWO of the following perks:
Pre-cruise available perks include Club Member benefits, plus luggage tags, 10% discount on luggage shipping services, advanced invitations to hosted voyages, a magazine subscription (Travel+Leisure or Conde Nast Traveler)
(140-249 points) Club Member benefits plus THREE of the following perks:
Pre-cruise available perks include Club Member benefits, plus luggage tags, dedicated Concierge, 15% discount on luggage shipping services, advanced invitations to hosted voyages, a magazine subscription (Travel+Leisure or Conde Nast Traveler)
(250+ points) Club Member benefits plus ALL of the following perks:
Pre-cruise available perks include Club Member benefits, plus luggage tags, dedicated Concierge, 20% discount on luggage shipping services, advanced invitations to hosted voyages, a magazine subscription (Travel+Leisure or Conde Nast Traveler)
Cruise travel awards 2016
In 2016, Seabourn wrapped up the year with a total of 22 cruise travel industry awards, several of which were readers' choice nominations. Over the years, the cruise line has consistently been rated a "top choice" in the luxury travel segment.
Follows the list of the company's 2016 awards by industry's most renowned online publishers and brands.
- (Conde Nast Traveler) - "Best Small Ship Cruise Line", "Favourite Cruise Line - Small Ships"
- (Travel Weekly) - "Best Cruise Ship - Under 1000 Berths"
- (Cruise Awards International) - "Best Boutique Cruise Line"
- (Cruise Critic) - "Best Luxury Cruise Line"
- (Magellan Awards) - "Small Cruise Ship", ""Spa Design", "Seabourn Blog", "Shore Excursion", "Itineraries", "Direct Marketing", "Luxury Ship" (Seabourn Quest), "Loyalty Program", "Entertainment"
- (Luxury Travel Advisor) - "Luxury Small Ships"
- (Porthole Magazine) - "Best Small Ship" (Seabourn Sojourn), "Best Service"
- (SHAPE Healthy Travel) - "Best Cruise to Refresh and Rejuvenate"
- (Town and Country Travel / "Classic Luxury" category) - "Design", "Active Travelers", "Food", "On-Shore Activities".
(Coronavirus crisis) passenger shipping pause 2020-2021
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, Seabourn Cruises expanded its cancellation policy fleetwide (all vessels) with penalty-free cancellation of voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 14, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
Seabourn's fleet was fully operational by June 6, 2022.
Operations resumed in 2021-2022 with the ships ODYSSEY (July 18, 2021/Caribbean from Bridgetown Barbados), OVATION (July 3, 2021/Mediterranean-Greek Islands from Athens), QUEST (May 10, 2022/Mediterranean from Venice), SOJOURN (June 6, 2022/Europe-Mediterranean from Athens), ENCORE (February 19, 2022/Europe-Canaries-Mediterranean from Lisbon), VENTURE (April 10, 2022/Maiden Voyage from London-Greenwich), PURSUIT (May 23, 2023/Maiden Voyage from Reykjavik Iceland).
- SOJOURN's "World Cruise 2021" (141-day from Miami to Barcelona), Europe 2021 program (Baltic-Mediterranean) and "World Cruise 2022" (145-day from Los Angeles) were canceled.
- ENCORE's Mediterranean 2021 program (homeporting in Barcelona and Civitavecchia-Rome) and Asia 2021-2022 program (homeporting in Singapore and Hong Kong) were canceled.
- QUEST's Antarctica-South America 2021-2022 program was canceled.
- The newbuild VENTURE's delivery was delayed (due to T. Mariotti shipyard closures) and the inaugural cruise was rescheduled from July 5 (Antarctica) first to December 11, 2021 (Norwegian Fjords) and eventually for April 10, 2022 (Arctic Norway from London).
- Seabourn also canceled planned for 2021 itineraries in the Caribbean (from Barbados), Alaska-BC Canada (from Vancouver and Juneau), Asia (from Hong Kong and Singapore) and Australia New Zealand (from Sydney and Auckland).
All prepurchased through Seabourn packages and services were fully refunded in FCC (future cruise credit). All canceled bookings received 125% refund in FCC (based on the fares paid) with rebooking. Customers receiving an FCC can rebook until January 31, 2021, any currently scheduled Seabourn cruises with departures prior December 31, 2021.
All booked 2020 itineraries, plus bookings on departures through December 31, 2021, can be canceled up to 30 days prior departure ("Book with Confidence") with full refunds (100% of the fare paid in FCC) valid for 12 months. Seabourn's "Book with Confidence" policy was enhanced in late-May, offering to all departures in 2021 the "Best Fare Guarantee" allowing customers to request the lowest pricing offered for their voyage - even if the fares drop after booking.
Itinerary of Seabourn Cruises
Itinerary changes 2022 (Caribbean-Europe-Mediterranean)
In June 2020, Seabourn announced its worldwide itineraries for fall 2021 and winter/spring 2022 seasons with 56 unique itineraries, ~100 departures (7-36 days in length), destinations in Southeast Asia, India, Africa, Arabia, Australia New Zealand, Panama Canal crossings, Caribbean, Latin America, Canada New England.
Seabourn sails back to Egypt in nearly a decade onboard Seabourn Ovation during the 2022 spring. A series of new Panama Canal and Central America sailings are scheduled on Seabourn Quest in late 2021. The vessels are also due to visit a number of new destinations, including Safaga, Luxor, Sharm el-Sheikh, Marigot, Saint Pierre, Cozumel, Manzanillo, Golfito, Quepos, San Juan del Sur, Cabrits Dominica.
Seabourn Ovation began the 2021 Fall season with two 18-day repositioning voyages from Athens-Piraeus to Dubai, as well as from Dubai to Singapore. The ship visits Indonesia on a 10-day trip from Singapore to Benoa, followed by a 16-day repositioning to Sydney NSW Australia. The ship then sails four 16-day voyages between Sydney and Auckland NZ. Follow 3 relocation voyages - 16-day Sydney to Benoa Bali, 10-day Benoa to Singapore and 18-day Singapore to Dubai. Spring 2022 season starts with an 18-day Suez Canal transit (Dubai to Piraeus).
Seabourn Encore Fall 2021 season starts with an 18-day Holy Land and Arabia cruise from Athens to Dubai, followed by a 17-day Arabia and India (to Singapore) arriving in early-December. From there, the ship sails on a series of 14-days Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam cruises between homeports Hong Kong and Singapore. Encore visits China and the Philippines on a 14-days voyage departing on January 2, 2022. In March 2022, the ship sets sail for Europe with two 17-day Suez Canal relocation voyages - Singapore to Dubai, and Dubai to Athens.
NOTE: As a result of the current travel restrictions, Seabourn Cruises is updating the restart dates for the 5 ships in its fleet. Based on the latest revisions, the restart of the Seabourn fleet is now planned as follows:
- Seabourn Ovation on July 3, departing from Piraeus-Athens to sail in the Greek Isles
- Seabourn Odyssey on July 18, departing from Bridgetown, Barbados to sail in the Southern Caribbean
- Seabourn Quest on November 7, departing from Miami Florida to begin the previously announced Antarctica season
- Seabourn Sojourn on June 6, 2022, Europe-Mediterranean deployment (departing from Piraeus-Athens).
- Seabourn Encore on April 17, 2022, departing from Piraeus (Athens, Greece).
SOJOURN's "World Cruise 2021" (141-day from Miami to Barcelona), the entire Europe 2021 program (Baltic-Mediterranean) and "World Cruise 2022" (145-day from Los Angeles) were canceled.
Seabourn's Encore and Ovation will not operate in Australia, Asia, or Arabia for the 2021-2022 fall or winter/spring seasons because of continuing limitations in travel throughout the regions. The company is canceling select departures on Encore and Ovation between September 1, 2021-April 26, 2022, in order to align with the restart plan.
Seabourn Encore's eastern Mediterranean cruises between April and November 2022 include sailings to Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Israel, and more:
- 7-day voyages between Piraeus (Athens, Greece) and Istanbul (Galataport, Turkey) beginning April 17, 2022. Numerous departures via twin itineraries provide combinations with Mykonos/Ephesus in one direction, and Santorini/Bodrum in the other.
- 7-day Holy Land cruises between Piraeus (Athens) and Tel Aviv (Haifa, Israel).
- 7-day voyages between Venice (Italy) and Piraeus (Athens), visiting Greece and the Croatian cities of Dubrovnik/Zadar in one direction and Sibenik (Croatia)/Kotor (Montenegro) on the return.
- Passengers may combine 7-day cruises into 14-day journeys to elevate their experience and explore more of the region, as well as receive savings of up to 15%.
The season marks the company’s return to Turkey for the first time since 2016. The itineraries feature:
- The popular resort Cesme boasts a medieval castle and a boutique hotel that was an Ottoman caravanserai dating back from 1528.
- Kusadasi (Ephesus), whose old quarter is a maze of winding streets and houses adorned with birdcages and flowers.
- Bodrum has streets dotted with shops, a picturesque harbour with traditional wood-varnished sailboats, and the tomb of King Mausolus.
- Seabourn’s complimentary “Evening at Ephesus,” a classical concert in the ancient ruins under the stars.
Itineraries 2022 Europe, Alaska-BC, Canada-New England
In early-February 2021 were opened fo booking Seabourn's 2022 summer and fall voyages in Europe, Alaska and British Columbia, Canada and New England.
European itineraries (68 total) range 7 to 14 days, with B2B options to up to 38 days. The ships Encore, Ovation, Quest and Sojourn are scheduled to sail in Europe with itineraries visiting a combination of popular port cities and hidden gems as well as destinations accessible only to superyachts and smaller-sized ships. The program includes 27 European ports that Seabourn has not visited in the past 5 years, or ever before. Maiden port calls are scheduled for Vis (Croatia), Trogir (Croatia), Esbjerg (Denmark), Plymouth UK, Portsmouth UK, La Ciotat (Bouches-du-Rhone France), Douarnenez (Brittany France), Laerdal (Norway), Ferrol (Galicia Spain), Puerto del Rosario (Fuerteventura, Canaries).
In addition, the company has scheduled for 2022 a total of 15 Alaska and British Columbia cruises with Seabourn Odyssey, raging 7 to 11 days and up to 2 weeks as B2Bs. Seabourn also offers 6 Canada and New England cruises in late summer-early fall (with Seabourn Quest), raging 12-14 days.
Early bookings receive additional savings, including the Early Bonus Savings promotion. Those who book select 2022 cruises and pay their booking in full by March 31 receive an additional 10% off the base fares. Early Bonus Savings can be combined with other promos - like Seabourn Club Savings (extra 5% savings for Seabourn Club Members) on select voyages.
Itineraries 2022-2023 Caribbean, Panama Canal, Asia, South Pacific
In April 2021, Seabourn announced its Caribbean, Panama Canal, Asia, Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean voyages scheduled for fall 2022, winter 2022-2023, and spring 2023. The itineraries' lengths range between 7 and 35 days.
Program's highlights include Ovation and Sojourn ships deployed in the Caribbean, Quest transiting the Panama Canal (Central America's western coasts), Encore in Southeast Asia, and Odyssey in the South Pacific (also visiting Australia-New Zealand). B2B options (for combined/longer voyages) are also available.
Seabourn Ovation is for the first time sailing the Caribbean (December 2022 through April 2023) with three 7-day roundtrips from Barbados (Bridgetown), and ten 7-day voyages between Barbados and St Maarten (Philipsburg). The ship is offering a 10-day Antillean Holiday trip starting December 17, 2022, and calling at the islands of Aruba (Oranjestad), Bonaire (Kralendijk), Curacao (Willemstad), followed by an 11-day Caribbean New Year cruise starting December 27 and featuring the best of the Caribbean, Antigua, Barbuda, Martinique, and more. The Caribbean season wraps up in April with an 8-day Atlantic Sunrises voyage between Barbados and Miami Florida.
After a 12-day Atlantic crossing from Lisbon to Miami, Seabourn Sojourn is in the Caribbean (November 2022 through January 2023) offering three 11-day "Gems of the Leeward Islands" cruises and one 16-day "Holiday Caribbean Sojourn", all roundtrip from Miami and visiting Puerto Rico, St Barts, Guadeloupe, BVI (Jost Van Dyke).
Seabourn Quest is exploring the Panama Canal with four 14-day "Panama Canal Quest" cruises between Miami and Panama City (Fuerte Amador) in November-December 2022. The voyages visit ports in Mexico, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica.
AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND
Seabourn Odyssey is sailing the coasts of Australia and New Zealand (December 2022 through March 2023) with five 16-day cruises between Sydney NSW and Auckland NZ. A 14-day "New Zealand Yacht Harbors" cruise visits Timaru, Christchurch-Lyttelton and New Plymouth. A 16-day "Queensland Coast and Orchard Isles" repositioning itinerary ends in Indonesia and sails through the Great Barrier Reef.
Following the Australia-New Zealand season, Seabourn Odyssey is spending spring 2023 in Asia, cruising through Indonesia, The Philippines, the coasts of China, Taiwan, Japan. itineraries range between 14-35 days. The 14-day "Gems of Indonesia and South China Sea" (Benoa Bali to Hong Kong) visits Indonesia and The Philippines. The 14-day "China and Gems of Japan" (Hong Kong to Kobe-Osaka Japan) has an overnight in Shanghai, visits Taiwan and Japan (also Okinawa). The 14-day "Island Jewels of Japan" circumnavigates the country (from Kobe to Yokohama) also visiting Ishinomaki. The 21-day "Kuroshio Route" is an Alaskan repositioning Transpacific crossing from Yokohama to Vancouver BC Canada with an overnight in Petropavlovsk Russia.
Seabourn Encore is deployed in Asia (December 2022 through April 2023) starting with a relocation voyage from Piraeus-Athens to Hong Kong. Offerings include a 17-day "Holy Land and Arabian Gems" (Piraeus to Dubai, visits Aqaba-Petra, Haifa-Tel Aviv, Ashdod-Jerusalem, Muscat Oman) and a 16-day "Pearls of Arabia and India (Dubai to Singapore, with an overnight in Mumbai). The Asian season's 14-day "Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia" cruises are between Singapore and Hong Kong, alternating with a 16-day Philippines-Malaysia-China. The voyages visit Halong City Vietnam, offer overnights in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Manila, optional tours from Sihanoukville (to Ho Chi Minh and Angkor Wat (Siem Reap). Seabourn Encore ends the Asian program with a 19-day "Jewels of India and Arabia" relocation voyage (via Suez Canal/RepositionCruises.com) from Singapore to Dubai, followed by the 17-day "Arabia, Egypt and the Holy Land" voyage (Dubai to Piraeus).
Arctic and Antarctica (Seabourn Expeditions)
Seabourn Venture (2022) and Seabourn Pursuit (2023) are part of Seabourn Expeditions' fleet and operate on Polar itineraries visiting unique destinations in Iceland, Greenland, Arctic Norway and Russia, Arctic Canada/Northwest Passage, South America/Amazon, Antarctica.
- Venture's Maiden Voyage is scheduled for April 10, 2022 (London-Greenwich to Tromso Norway).
- Pursuit's Maiden Voyage is scheduled for April 4, 2023 (roundtrip from Reykjavik Iceland).
In June 2021, Seabourn unveiled new “Extraordinary Expedition” itineraries in the Amazon and Antarctica for Seabourn Venture, scheduled for 2022-2023. Between November 2022-April 2023, Venture sails South America's west coast, crosses Drake Passage to Antarctic Peninsula, sails into the UK's South Georgia and the Falklands (Islas Malvinas), and explores deep into the Amazon all the way to Peru.
Seabourn's new 2022-2023 itineraries feature 15x distinct 10- to 21-day Amazon and Antarctic expeditions, with extended cruise options available up to 30 days in length. The Extraordinary Expeditions feature various opportunities for travelers to discover breathtaking landscapes and diverse wildlife, as well as learn about history, cultures, traditions, and natural wonders.
Highlights from Seabourn Venture's 2022-2023 program include:
- (November 2022-February 2023) Chilean Fjords, Antarctica, South Georgia & Falkland Islands. Seabourn Venture sails on 9 cruises, ranging from 10 to 21 days that include multiple operations using the Zodiacs for landings as well as Zodiac voyages along the Antarctic Peninsula. Optional trips are also available, such as kayaking and the submarines, allowing vacationers to explore below sea level. Two of the Antarctic voyages also include visits to South Georgia and the Falkland Islands, located ~400 miles off South America's southeast coast. Based on the weather and favorable anchorage positions, Seabourn Venture may visit Saunders Island, the site of Port Egmont, which was established in 1765 as the Falklands' first British settlement; the protected nature reserve Steeple Jason Island; West Point Island, where passengers can meet the Napiers, the isle’s only occupants; New Island, one of the most remote of the inhabited isles.
- (March-April 2023) Brazil & The Amazon. Seabourn Venture is scheduled to embark on a series of four 10- to 12-day voyages in Brazil and the Amazon. The vessel visits many colonial cities on the coast of Brazil and then sails into the heart of South America through one of the greatest rivers in the world, where guests can sail in Zodiacs along the Amazon and visit indigenous villages and ancient sites. The cruises explore 3 major regions: The Seaport in the Jungle (Leticia to Iquitos, Peru); Flooded Forests and Blackwater Tributaries (Manaus, Brazil to Rio Jutai); The Frontier Amazon (Rio Jutai to Leticia, Colombia). Passengers may book back-to-back (B2B) cruises for a longer voyage lasting up to 22 days.
World Cruises 2022-2023
In May 2021, Seabourn introduced "Grand Pacific Voyage 2022: A World of Islands". The 65-day world cruise (on Seabourn Odyssey) starts in Vancouver BC (on September 30, 2022) and ends in Sydney, NSW Australia (on December 5), visits 41 call ports (5 port overnights), 30 islands, 12 different countries. Optional embarkation is offered from the USA (Seattle WA / on October 1, 2022).
- The 65-day itinerary includes destinations that the company has not visited in 5+ years in French Polynesia (Avatoru, Rangiroa Atoll, Mataiva Atoll, Huahine-Iti Island, Maupiti Island, Maroe Bay and Cook's Bay, Moorea Island), Hawaii (Lahaina, Maui), Solomon Islands (Ghizo Island), Niue Island (Alofi), Fiji (Dravuni Island).
- There are 25 optional "Ventures by Seabourn" shore excursions offering experiences like hiking, kayaking, and Zodiac boat cruising at Maupiti Island, Ghizo Island, Ureparapara Island (Vanuatu) and Vanua Levu Island (Fiji). Overnights (2-day stays) are offered in Cairns, QLD Australia, Conflict Islands (Papua New Guinea), Honolulu Hawaii, Papeete, Tahiti.
- Early Booking perks (on bookings made by February 28, 2022) included roundtrip flights, OBC (onboard credit per stateroom/US$2000-3000), unlimited Internet, door-to-door car transfers (home-airport), luggage shipping service (home-ship), unlimited laundry-dry cleaning-pressing, 6% Early Bonus Savings and 50% Reduced Deposit (for residents of USA, Canada, Australia), 3% Early Bonus Savings, 5% Repeat World Cruise Discount (with full-itinerary booking).
Seabourn Quest's "World Cruise 2023" (Grand Americas, Amazon and Antarctica) crosses 2 oceans (Pacific and Indian), also the Atlantic (along Africa's coast), South Pacific (Tahiti, Australia, Easter Island, Papua New Guinea), Indian Ocean (Seychelles, Cape Verde).
- The 140-day itinerary (from Miami to Barcelona) departs on January 6, 2023, visits 61 ports/islands in 32 countries, with 10 port overnights and extended late-evening departures in 16 seaports.
- Seabourn Quest World Cruise 2023 segments range from 21-days to 81-days.
Seabourn Sojourn's "World Cruise 2022" (Extraordinary Horizons) is from Los Angeles to Piraeus-Athens, (January 11 through June 6, 2022).
- The 146-day itinerary visits 72 ports/destinations (28 countries on 5 continents) and features 20 port overnights and 21 late-night port departures.
- Signature destinations include Hawaii, South Pacific (islands, Australia, New Zealand), Asia (Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, India, Arabia, Africa (Egypt), Europe-Mediterranean.
- Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise 2022 segments range from 22-days to 89-days.
Seabourn Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn Venture's passengers, serving as honorary godparents, joined the Godmother of the ship, polar explorer, global adventurer, and...November 23, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The Carnival Corporation-owned subsidiaries HAL-Holland America Line and Seabourn announced updates to their health & safety protocols regarding...August 17, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The premium travel brand Seabourn made a historic maiden call in Portsmouth (England UK) as part of the port’s busiest cruise season ever. The...August 5, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation - the world's largest cruise shipowner) announced the rollout of technology upgrades (“Service Power Packages&rdquo...August 5, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn's first of two ultra-luxury expedition ships - Seabourn Venture, entered service on Wednesday, July 27, with a 12-day Maiden Voyage...July 28, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn took delivery of its first expedition cruise ship, Seabourn Venture, on Wednesday, June 29, during an official handover maritime ceremony at...June 30, 2022
Seabourn canceled the July 15 inaugural voyage of the line's first purpose-built expedition ship - Seabourn Venture. The 12-day 'Northern Isles and...June 9, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn celebrated the return of its entire fleet of ultra-luxury cruise ships, with the departure of Seabourn Sojourn from Piraeus-Athens, Greece...June 8, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation., which is the world's largest cruise shipowner, is reportedly in negotiations to sell one of its brands to Saudi Arabia...May 26, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The world's largest cruise shipowner Carnival Corporation announced it had completed the installation of ~600 food waste biodigesters across its...May 5, 2022
- show more news