Kimberley is the northernmost of 9 regions located in Western Australia. It covers a total area of approx 424 km2 (164 ml2), or about 3 times the size of England or twice that of Victoria. The region has population around 50,000, with approx 40% of the inhabitants being of Aboriginal descent.
The best time (high season) for Kimberley Coast cruising vacations is April through October (dry season), when the temperatures range 82-93 F (28-34 C). The list of most popular cruisetour companies in the region includes Silversea Expeditions, Ponant Cruises, Coral Expeditions, APT Kimberley Cruises, True North Adventure Cruises, Kimberley Pearl Charters, Ocean Dream Charters, The Great Escape Charter Company.
- On the west, Kimberley Coast is bordered by Indian Ocean, on the east - by the Northern Territory, on the north - by Timor Sea, and on the south - by Great Sandy and Tanami deserts (in Pilbara).
- The region was named to honour John Wodehouse (1826-1902, First Earl of Kimberley), who served as Secretary of State for the Colonies in the periods 1870-1874 and 1880-1882.
- This region consists of steep-sided northwest mountain ranges cut through with limestone and sandstone gorges and steep ridges from which much of the soil has been removed by extreme monsoonal climate.
- In local weather reports, North Kimberley Coast is WA Border to its Kuri Bay section, while West Kimberley Coast runs from Kuri Bay to Wallal Downs. Large sections of the coastline (from Broome to Wyndham) have no any road access, and helicopters or boats are the only means of transportation. Because of its isolation, several tourist operations on the Kimberley coastline have been named wilderness areas.
- The varied and rugged sandstone landscape homes distinctive mixture of wildlife. Kimberley region has a diverse economy, the main contributors to which are tourism, mining, agriculture, retail shopping and pearling. Broome has a flourishing pearling industry operating along the Kimberley coast.
Port Kimberley Coast cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kimberley Coast, Western Australia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|31 May, 2019|
The Kimberley Coast cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kimberley Coast, Western Australia.
If you lose the Kimberley Coast location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.