Seabourn Quest Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seabourn Quest
|Year built||2011 / Age : 7|
|Builder||T. Mariotti (Genoa, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 250 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||198 m / 650 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||32346 gt|
|Passengers||450 - 540|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Blythe Danner|
Current itinerary of Seabourn Quest
Seabourn Quest current cruise is 60 days, one-way from Montreal to Buenos Aires. The itinerary starts on 21 Oct, 2018 and ends on 20 Dec, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|21 Oct 17:00||Departing from Montreal, Quebec Canada|
|22 Oct 08:00 - 23 Oct 18:00||Quebec City, Canada|
|25 Oct 12:00 - 20:00||Magdalen Islands, Quebec Canada|
|26 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|28 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada|
|29 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Bar Harbor, Maine|
|30 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Salem, Massachusetts|
|02 Nov 08:00 - 23:00||Charleston, South Carolina|
|04 Nov 06:00 - 16:00||Miami, Florida|
|05 Nov 08:00 - 16:30||Key West, Florida|
|09 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Bocas del Toro, Colon Island, Panama|
|10 Nov 06:00 - 06:00||Panama Canal|
|11 Nov 07:00 - 15:00||Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa|
|13 Nov 08:00 - 14 Nov 15:00||Manta, Ecuador|
|15 Nov 05:00 - 18:00||Puerto Bolivar, Machala, Ecuador|
|17 Nov 05:00 - 23:59||Salaverry, Trujillo, Peru|
|18 Nov 07:00 - 14:00||Guanape Islands, Peru|
|19 Nov 08:00 - 20 Nov 18:00||Callao, Lima, Peru|
|21 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Pisco, Portuario General San Martín, Peru|
|23 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Matarani, Peru|
|24 Nov 08:00 - 22:00||Arica, Chile|
|25 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Iquique, Chile|
|26 Nov 10:00 - 23:00||Antofagasta, Chile|
|27 Nov 12:00 - 18:00||Isla Pan de Azucar, Chile|
|29 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||San Antonio, Chile|
|01 Dec 10:00 - 20:00||Puerto Montt, Chile|
|02 Dec 07:00 - 15:00||Chiloe Island, Castro, Chile|
|05 Dec 06:00 - 18:00||Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica|
|06 Dec 15:00 - 21:00||Ushuaia, Argentina|
|16 Dec 07:00 - 16:00||Port Stanley, East Falkland Island|
|19 Dec 12:00 - 20:00||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|20 Dec 07:00||Arriving in Buenos Aires, Argentina|
Review of Seabourn Quest
Launched in 2011, Seabourn Quest is the third of Seabourn Cruise Line's ships, together with Seabourn Odyssey and Seabourn Sojourn. On each of the three vessels is installed the biggest Spa ever created on a luxury cruise ship.
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, raging from 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and major player on the premium-cruising market, competing head-on with Silversea and Regent Seven Seas.
The 32,346-ton, 450-passenger cruise ship Seabourn Quest debuted in June 2011 and completed Seabourn Cruise Line's 750 million dollars investment in 3 new Odyssey-class "yachts," if we might call a 32,000-ton ship a yacht. Highlights of all three cruise liners include a great and expansive swimming pool surrounded by a wooden decking; a central "hub" named Seabourn Square which acts as a combination library, reception, Internet cafe and patisserie; and gorgeous and stylish decor, with extensive use of cream, white and neutrals in distinct textures, from leather to gauze, to create a comforting but chic boutique hotel feel.
Seabourn Quest service is ranked the best – it’s personalized and attentive. The ship features the amazing ratio crew-to-passenger: 1 to 1! Quest’s staff is driven by the sincere desire to please guests, with a smile coming from the heart. Tipping is not expected. Here are some of the special features of this unique cruise ship:
- Complimentary welcome champagne; in-suite bar with your preferences;
- Large walk-in closets; spacious baths (separate shower and tub);
- Four dining venues; gourmet open-seating dining; 24-hour complimentary room service;
- Six lounges and bars plus a casino; fine wines at lunch and dinner; open bars throughout ship;
- Innovative concierge lounge featuring coffee bar and computer center;
- Marina with complimentary watersports and in-sea pool; fully equipped fitness center;
- Two-deck spa, which is the largest offered in ultra-luxury cruising;
- Cell phone and wi-fi access throughout.
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Quest itinerary program is based on luxury South America voyages to Antarctica with departures from Argentina and Chile. In Europe, the ship operates on Mediterranean itineraries leaving out of Rome and Barcelona, and also sails to the Norwegian Fjords from Stockholm and Copenhagen, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Like all Seabourn ships, Quest is an all-suite vessel. Seabourn Quest accommodations include 226 ocean-view suites in 14 categories, 90% of which with private verandas. The five Owner’s Suites measure up to 1,062 sq. feet (including a veranda); four Grand Suites (two-bedroom) are up to 1,682 sq. feet private living space. Choose to stay in a Penthouse Suite (one of the 23) on uppermost decks, featuring up to 534 sq. feet each.
By company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Extra emphasis on board the Seabourn Quest is placed on dining, with three equally appealing restaurants, The Colonnade (buffet by day, alfresco a la carte by night), the stylish major dining venue and Restaurant 2, a gourmet eatery which offers tasting menus. Seabourn Quest provides a choice of six dining venues (all-inclusive) and four open bar lounges. The dining venues onboard are all complimentary and guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. From elegant to casual, al fresco, indoors, or in suite, the range of choices helps passengers be spontaneous.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Quest restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room with open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; the dining amenities are top-luxurious; the Restaurant’s dress code is “elegant casual” with optional “formal” dress on special nights.
- Restaurant 2 (reservation-only; offers an avantgarde dining experience, featuring a rich selection of fine wines and regionally-themed menus)
- Patio Grill (serves the pool area with grilled specialties, salads and several side dishes; fresh pizza by the slice is offered throughout the afternoon)
- The Colonnade (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; its chefs cook in an open kitchen and guests can enjoy watching food being prepared; the menu for dinner is differently themed each day; the restaurant has an aft Terrace and an outdoor seating area)
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (the menu and ambiance are inspired by the classic American chophouse; a collaboration between designer Adam D. Tihany and 3-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Seabourn Quest ambiance is relaxed, with sheer activities’ variety – there is no way something not to pique your interest. Choose to indulge in the spa or try on deck the complimentary Massage Moment. Work out with personal trainer or strengthen your core at Pilates class. Enjoy the port lectures and the library, relaxing at the pool or food and wine demonstrations. Most sailings feature Seabourn’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbeque or Marina Days, when you can go kayaking or sailing right from ship.
After dinner, guests may enjoy rhythm and blues, cabaret, or lively Liar’s Club game. Dance all night away at “The Club” or try your chance at roulette in Quest Casino. The signature events offer Evening Under the Stars, featuring dancing out on deck to live music. On another night, Movies Under the Stars is presented with popcorn. Before retiring, have a nightcap at Sky Bar to toast the day and the ones who lie ahead.
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Quest are held in any of the public spaces (no dedicated chapel on board).
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Quest lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Living room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with 1 roulette table, 3 gaming tables for blackjack and poker, 15 slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewelry)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (11,400 ft2 wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym)
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room)
- Promenade (on Deck 5)
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- Outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole Golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Quest wiki
- Seabourn Cruises Quest ship is the line's newest of all three vessels providing all-inclusive "big yacht cruising" luxury vacation experiences. Her sisters are the fleetmates Odyssey and Sojourn. All sisters share one common ship design. Seabourn company continue to state that this ship design concept was, quote, the "game-changer for the luxury segment" of the luxury industry. Traditionally for all ships in the Seabourn fleet, all passenger cabins (all are suites) have private verandas.
- The Quest ship was christened in a sunset ceremony in Barcelona Spain at the 20th of June. Her godmother is the American actress Blythe Danner. She's winner of Tony and Emmy awards, but probably she's most popular for her role as Greg Focker's mother-in-law from the films "Meet the parents", "Meet the Fockers", and "Meet the Children". After the naming ceremony, Quest set sail on her maiden voyage- a 14-day Mediterranean cruise from barcelona to Athens Greece.
- Even though Seabourn ships are among the smallest compared to the main brands in the luxury cruising business, they increased the line's passenger capacity by 300%.
- The name "Seabourn Quest" was chosen after a "best name contest" was held. The name was proposed by 120 people and was accepted by the Seabourn company.
- In 2013 Seabourn Quest was extensively refitted. Staterooms and public places were renovated and new cradles for Zodiacs (inflatable boats) were added. The Zodiac boats are used on Antarctic cruises land tours for ship-to-shore transportation.
South America (Antarctica) cruise excursions 2016-2017
In July 2016, Seabourn added new South Pole cruise excursions to the line's South American itinerary program. The new experience is available on select Patagonia and Antarctica cruise itineraries during season 2016-2017 on the Seabourn Quest ship only. There are two new (optional) shore excursion packages available for booking, that are price-inclusive of Transantarctic flight to South America plus landing in the South Pole and visiting UNESCO World Heritages Sites.
- 14-night tour itinerary (Polar Quest and Patagonia") visits the "Torres del Paine National Park" (Chile). Departure is on December 4, 2016 and includes the Seabourn Quest ship's cruise on December 19. Package pricing starts at USD 51,000 PP (double occupancy based rates).
- 16-night tour itinerary ("Polar Quest, Tierra del Fuego and Iguazu Falls") starts from Santiago (Chile) to Buenos Aires (Argentina) and visits the Iguazu Falls National Park (touring is by foot, Zodiac boat or helicopter). Departure is on December 26, 2016, before the Seabourn Quest ship's cruise on January 12, 2017. Package pricing starts at USD 54,000 PP (double occupancy based rates).
Seabourn Quest - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seabourn QuestAdd Photo
Seabourn Quest ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
A Seabourn cruise ship with hundreds of passengers onboard arrived in Great Yarmouth Saturday morning, June 30. Seabourn Quest docked at Outer...June 30, 2018
- Cruise Industry
In 2019 Seabourn is exploring Europe with a menu of travel options for passengers to discover natural beauty, art, architecture, culture, history...June 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Interior refurbishment specialists Trimline completed a 6-day dry dock refiurbishment in Genoa, Italy enhancing the ultra-luxury cruiser Seabourn...May 5, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn will be sailing the waters of Northern Europe in summer 2018, from the North Atlantic and North Sea to Baltic Sea and Kiel Canal, from...April 21, 2018
- Cruise Industry
A new way to sail the South American west coast in luxury was revealed. Upscale cruise line Seabourn offers a new, 24-night...July 13, 2017
Two months after a woman from California fell to her death from a luxury liner off the coast of Rockport, FBI and the state medical...November 15, 2015
- show more news
Other Seabourn cruise ships
Seabourn Quest Itineraries
The below listed Seabourn Quest cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Seabourn fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Oct 21||60 days, one-way from Montreal to Buenos Aires||Montreal|
|2018 Oct 21||39 days, one-way from Montreal to San Antonio||Montreal|
|2018 Oct 21||29 days, one-way from Montreal to Callao||Montreal|
|2018 Nov 04||46 days, one-way from Miami to Buenos Aires||Miami|
|2018 Nov 04||25 days, one-way from Miami to San Antonio||Miami|
|2018 Nov 04||15 days, one-way from Miami to Callao||Miami|
|2018 Nov 19||31 days, one-way from Callao to Buenos Aires||Callao|
|2018 Nov 19||10 days, one-way from Callao to San Antonio||Callao||$2699|
|2018 Nov 29||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$9999|
|2018 Dec 20||24 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$14999|
|2019 Jan 13||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$13999|
|2019 Feb 03||21 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$11999|
|2019 Feb 24||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$11999|
|2019 Mar 17||47 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Lisbon||Buenos Aires||$12999|
|2019 Mar 17||31 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Bridgetown||Buenos Aires||$8999|
|2019 Mar 17||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Manaus||Buenos Aires||$4999|
|2019 Apr 07||26 days, one-way from Manaus to Lisbon||Manaus||$7499|
|2019 Apr 07||10 days, one-way from Manaus to Bridgetown||Manaus||$2999|
|2019 Apr 17||30 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Dover||Bridgetown||$9999|
|2019 Apr 17||16 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Lisbon||Bridgetown||$3499|
|2019 May 03||29 days, one-way from Lisbon to Reykjavik||Lisbon||$11299|
|2019 May 03||14 days, one-way from Lisbon to Dover||Lisbon||$6299|
|2019 May 17||45 days, round-trip Northern Summer Skies||Dover||$17799|
|2019 May 17||30 days, one-way from Dover to Copenhagen||Dover||$12299|
|2019 May 17||15 days, one-way from Dover to Reykjavik||Dover||$6799|
|2019 Jun 01||30 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$11799|
|2019 Jun 01||15 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Copenhagen||Reykjavik||$7999|
|2019 Jun 16||30 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Dover||Copenhagen||$12499|
|2019 Jun 16||15 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Dover||Copenhagen||$6499|
|2019 Jul 01||36 days, one-way from Dover to Reykjavik||Dover||$15299|
|2019 Jul 01||15 days, round-trip Gems Of The Irish Sea & Hebrides||Dover||$7999|
|2019 Jul 16||45 days, one-way from Dover to Montreal||Dover||$17999|
|2019 Jul 16||21 days, one-way from Dover to Reykjavik||Dover||$9999|
|2019 Aug 06||35 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Boston||Reykjavik||$15999|
|2019 Aug 06||24 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Montreal||Reykjavik||$10999|
|2019 Aug 30||11 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston||Montreal||$6499|
|2019 Sep 10||11 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal||Boston||$6499|
|2019 Sep 21||12 days, round-trip Canadian Autumn||Montreal||$6499|
|2019 Oct 03||11 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston||Montreal||$6999|
|2019 Oct 14||11 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal||Boston||$6299|
|2019 Oct 25||12 days, one-way from Montreal to Miami||Montreal||$5299|
|2019 Nov 06||43 days, one-way from Miami to Buenos Aires||Miami||$22999|
|2019 Nov 06||22 days, one-way from Miami to San Antonio||Miami||$10499|
|2019 Nov 28||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$13999|
|2019 Dec 19||24 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$17999|
|2020 Jan 12||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$15999|
|2020 Feb 02||21 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$15999|
|2020 Feb 23||57 days, one-way from San Antonio to Miami||San Antonio||$29999|
|2020 Feb 23||41 days, one-way from San Antonio to Manaus||San Antonio||$22499|
|2020 Feb 23||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$15999|
|2020 Mar 15||36 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires||$15299|
|2020 Mar 15||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Manaus||Buenos Aires||$8999|
|2020 Apr 05||15 days, one-way from Manaus to Miami||Manaus||$7999|