Seabourn Quest current position
Specifications of Seabourn Quest
|Year built||2011 / Age: 10|
|Builder||T. Mariotti (Genoa, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 250 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||198 m / 650 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||32346 gt|
|Passengers||450 - 540|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Blythe Danner|
Seabourn Quest Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 May 24||44 days, one-way from Rotterdam to Reykjavik||Rotterdam||$21999|
|2021 May 24||29 days, one-way from Rotterdam to Reykjavik||Rotterdam||$13999|
|2021 May 24||14 days, one-way from Rotterdam to Dover||Rotterdam||$6999|
|2021 Jun 07||45 days, round-trip North Atlantic Splendours||Dover||$24499|
|2021 Jun 07||30 days, one-way from Dover to Reykjavik||Dover||$16499|
|2021 Jun 07||15 days, one-way from Dover to Reykjavik||Dover||$9499|
|2021 Jun 22||44 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$24499|
|2021 Jun 22||30 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$16499|
|2021 Jun 22||15 days, round-trip A Viking Midsummer||Reykjavik||$9499|
|2021 Jul 07||29 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$16499|
|2021 Jul 07||15 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$9499|
|2021 Jul 22||14 days, round-trip Gems Of The Irish Sea||Dover||$9499|
|2021 Nov 07||43 days, one-way from Miami to Buenos Aires||Miami||$22999|
|2021 Nov 07||22 days, one-way from Miami to San Antonio||Miami||$10499|
|2021 Nov 07||12 days, one-way from Miami to Callao||Miami||$6499|
|2021 Nov 20||9 days, one-way from Callao to San Antonio||Callao||$4999|
|2021 Nov 29||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$13999|
|2021 Dec 20||24 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$17999|
|2022 Jan 13||21 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$15999|
|2022 Feb 03||21 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$15999|
|2022 Feb 24||60 days, one-way from San Antonio to Miami||San Antonio||$31499|
|2022 Feb 24||44 days, one-way from San Antonio to Manaus||San Antonio||$24499|
|2022 Feb 24||24 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$17999|
|2022 Mar 20||36 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires||$15499|
|2022 Mar 20||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Manaus||Buenos Aires||$8999|
|2022 Mar 20||51 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Barcelona||Buenos Aires||$19999|
|2022 Apr 10||15 days, one-way from Manaus to Miami||Manaus||$7999|
|2022 Apr 10||30 days, one-way from Manaus to Barcelona||Manaus||$11999|
|2022 Apr 25||15 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$4999|
Seabourn Quest Review
Review of Seabourn Quest
Launched in 2011, Seabourn Quest is the third of Seabourn Cruise Line's ships, together with Seabourn Odyssey and Seabourn Sojourn. On each of the three vessels is installed the biggest Spa ever created on a luxury cruise ship.
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, ranging from the 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and a major player on the premium-cruising market, competing for head-on with Silversea and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas.
The 32,346-ton, 450-passenger cruise ship Seabourn Quest debuted in June 2011 and completed Seabourn Cruise Line's 750 million dollars investment in 3 new Odyssey-class "yachts," if we might call a 32,000-ton ship a yacht. Highlights of all three cruise liners include a great and expansive swimming pool surrounded by a wooden decking; a central "hub" named Seabourn Square which acts as a combination library, reception, Internet cafe and patisserie; and gorgeous and stylish decor, with extensive use of cream, white and neutrals indistinct textures, from leather to gauze, to create a comforting but chic boutique hotel feel.
Seabourn Quest service is ranked the best – it’s personalized and attentive. The ship features the amazing ratio crew-to-passenger: 1 to 1! Quest’s staff is driven by the sincere desire to please guests, with a smile coming from the heart. Tipping is not expected. Here are some of the special features of this unique cruise ship:
- Complimentary welcome champagne; in-suite bar with your preferences;
- Large walk-in closets; spacious baths (separate shower and tub);
- Four dining venues; gourmet open-seating dining; 24-hour complimentary room service;
- Six lounges and bars plus a casino; fine wines at lunch and dinner; open bars throughout the ship;
- Innovative concierge lounge featuring a coffee bar and computer center;
- Marina with complimentary watersports and in-sea pool; fully equipped fitness center;
- Two-deck spa, which is the largest offered in ultra-luxury cruising;
- Cell phone and wi-fi access throughout.
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Quest itinerary program is based on luxury South America voyages to Antarctica with departures from Argentina and Chile. In Europe, the ship operates on Mediterranean itineraries leaving out of Rome and Barcelona, and also sails to the Norwegian Fjords from Stockholm and Copenhagen, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Like all Seabourn ships, Quest is an all-suite vessel. Seabourn Quest accommodations include 226 ocean-view suites in 14 categories, 90% of which with private verandas. The five Owner’s Suites measure up to 1,062 sq. feet (including a veranda); four Grand Suites (two-bedroom) are up to 1,682 sq. feet private living space. Choose to stay in a Penthouse Suite (one of the 23) on uppermost decks, featuring up to 534 sq. feet each.
By company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Extra emphasis on board the Seabourn Quest is placed on dining, with three equally appealing restaurants, The Colonnade (buffet by day, alfresco a la carte by night), the stylish major dining venue and Restaurant 2, a gourmet eatery which offers tasting menus. Seabourn Quest provides a choice of six dining venues (all-inclusive) and four open bar lounges. The dining venues onboard are all complimentary and guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. From elegant to casual, al fresco, indoors, or in the suite, the range of choices helps passengers be spontaneous.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Quest restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room with open-seating breakfast, lunch, and dinner; the dining amenities are top-luxurious; the Restaurant’s dress code is “elegant casual” with optional “formal” dress on special nights.
- Restaurant 2 (reservation-only; offers an avant-garde dining experience, featuring a rich selection of fine wines and regionally-themed menus)
- Patio Grill (serves the pool area with grilled specialties, salads, and several side dishes; fresh pizza by the slice is offered throughout the afternoon)
- The Colonnade (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; its chefs cook in an open kitchen and guests can enjoy watching the food being prepared; the menu for dinner is differently themed each day; the restaurant has an aft Terrace and an outdoor seating area)
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (the menu and ambiance are inspired by the classic American chophouse; a collaboration between designer Adam D. Tihany and 3-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Seabourn Quest ambiance is relaxed, with sheer activities’ variety – there is no way something not to pique your interest. Choose to indulge in the spa or try on deck the complimentary Massage Moment. Work out with a personal trainer or strengthen your core at Pilates class. Enjoy the port lectures and the library, relaxing at the pool or food and wine demonstrations. Most sailings feature Seabourn’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbeque or Marina Days when you can go kayaking or sail right from the ship.
After dinner, guests may enjoy rhythm and blues, cabaret, or lively Liar’s Club game. Dance all night away at “The Club” or try your chance at roulette in Quest Casino. The signature events offer Evening Under the Stars, featuring dancing out on deck to live music. On another night, Movies Under the Stars is presented with popcorn. Before retiring, have a nightcap at Sky Bar to toast the day and the ones who lie ahead.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Quest are held in any of the public spaces (no dedicated chapel on board).
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Quest lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Living room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with 1 roulette table, 3 gaming tables for blackjack and poker, 15 slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with an open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes, and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewelry)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (11,400 ft2 wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym)
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room)
- Promenade (on Deck 5)
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- Outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole Golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Quest - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seabourn QuestAdd Photo
Seabourn Quest ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The Carnival Corporation-owned brands/subsidiary companies HAL-Holland America Line and Seabourn joined the sisterbrands Princess Cruises and P&O...November 24, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn Cruises announced on Monday, August 31, that it will cancel additional sailings for 3 cruise ships in its fleet as a part of the global...September 1, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium cruise brand Seabourn announced its voyages for fall 2021 and winter/spring 2022 seasons. The new programs include a total of 56 unique...June 27, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The shipping ministry announced that Cyprus Island had been chosen as an anchorage location for the layup of six modern cruise ships owned by one of...June 3, 2020
In mid-April 2020, Carnival Corporation (world's largest cruise shipowner) developed a crew repatriation plan using 8 cruise liners from 3 of its...April 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn announced Northern Europe, Iceland, and Greenland itineraries for 2019 summer season. Its fleet will be navigating vibrant coasts and...April 4, 2019
- Cruise Industry
A Seabourn cruise ship with hundreds of passengers onboard arrived in Great Yarmouth Saturday morning, June 30. Seabourn Quest docked at Outer...June 30, 2018
- Cruise Industry
In 2019 Seabourn is exploring Europe with a menu of travel options for passengers to discover natural beauty, art, architecture, culture, history...June 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Interior refurbishment specialists Trimline completed a 6-day drydock refiurbishment in Genoa, Italy enhancing the ultra-luxury cruiser Seabourn...May 5, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn will be sailing the waters of Northern Europe in summer 2018, from the North Atlantic and North Sea to Baltic Sea and Kiel Canal, from...April 21, 2018
- show more news
Other Seabourn Cruises cruise ships
Seabourn Quest Wiki
Seabourn Cruises Quest ship is the line's newest of all three vessels providing all-inclusive "big yacht cruising" luxury vacation experiences. Her sisters are the fleet mates Odyssey and Sojourn. All sisters share one common ship design. The Seabourn company continues to state that this ship design concept was, quote, the "game-changer for the luxury segment" of the luxury industry. Traditionally for all ships in the Seabourn fleet, all passenger cabins (all are suites) have private verandas.
The Quest ship was christened in a sunset ceremony in Barcelona Spain on the 20th of June. Her godmother is the American actress Blythe Danner. She's the winner of Tony and Emmy awards, but probably she's most popular for her role as Greg Focker's mother-in-law from the films "Meet the parents", "Meet the Fockers", and "Meet the Children". After the naming ceremony, Quest set sail on her maiden voyage- a 14-day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona to Athens Greece.
Even though Seabourn ships are among the smallest compared to the main brands in the luxury cruising business, they increased the line's passenger capacity by 300%.
The name "Seabourn Quest" was chosen after a "best name contest" was held. The name was proposed by 120 people and was accepted by the Seabourn company.
In 2013 Seabourn Quest was extensively refitted. Staterooms and public places were renovated and new cradles for Zodiacs (inflatable boats) were added. The Zodiac boats are used on Antarctic cruises land tours for ship-to-shore transportation.
Seabourn Quest refurbishments 2018-2016-2013 review
The list of Seabourn Quest deckplan changes after the ship's 2013 drydock refurbishment includes:
- In the engine room was installed a new ballast water treatment system.
- Added were 2 new cranes (aft on deck 6) and 4 Zodiac cradles.
- The ship’s marina was refitted to accommodate the Zodiacs (inflatable boats used for sightseeing and ship-to-shore operations on Antarctica cruises).
During the drydock refurbishment in 2016, deck 10's aft “Spa Terrace” area was remodeled into 4 new Penthouse Spa Suites (new cabin category PS). Spa Suite passengers now have unlimited access to the Spa Terrace relaxation area. They are also served by a dedicated spa concierge throughout the cruise and enjoy top-luxury spa amenities, among which a large marble bathroom.
During the 6-day refurbishment in 2018 (April 28 -May 4, done in Genoa Italy) the UK-based company Trimline made interior renovations, including new flooring, woodworking, decorations, upholstery, plumbing, and tiling, as well as electrical works to all public areas, passenger and crew cabins, and areas. Elevators were also updated.
South America (Antarctica) cruise excursions 2016-2017
In July 2016, Seabourn added new South Pole cruise excursions to the line's South American itinerary program. The new experience is available on select Patagonia and Antarctica cruise itineraries during season 2016-2017 on the Seabourn Quest ship only. There are two new (optional) shore excursion packages available for booking, that are price-inclusive of Transantarctic flight to South America plus landing in the South Pole and visiting UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
14-night tour itinerary (Polar Quest and Patagonia") visits the "Torres del Paine National Park" (Chile). Departure is on December 4, 2016, and includes the Seabourn Quest ship's cruise on December 19. Package pricing starts at USD 51,000 PP (double occupancy based rates).
16-night tour itinerary ("Polar Quest, Tierra del Fuego, and Iguazu Falls") starts from Santiago (Chile) to Buenos Aires (Argentina) and visits the Iguazu Falls National Park (touring is by foot, Zodiac boat or helicopter). Departure is on December 26, 2016, before the Seabourn Quest ship's cruise on January 12, 2017. Package pricing starts at USD 54,000 PP (double occupancy based rates).
Seabourn Quest User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review