Anguilla Island is one of UK's West Indies (Leeward Islands - British overseas territories). The island covers a total area of approx 91 km2 (35 ml2) and has population around 15,000.
- This is a long, flat and scrub-covered coral island, located north of Windward chain and southeast of Puerto Rico. Anguilla is one of the Renaissance Islands, separated from the BVI (British Virgin Islands) via Anegada Passage.
- The terrain consists entirely of dunes, beaches and low bluffs. The highest elevation point (Crocus Hill) is 65 m (213 ft), located on the northern coast.
- Among the island's most popular for travel vacation plases are its many bays, including Little, Barnes, Rendezvous, Road Bays, Shoal. The coastline and pristine beaches are significant for the local tourism-based economy. Because of the warm tropical climate, Anguilla's beaches are used year-round.
- The British Caribbean overseas territory Anguilla consists of Anguilla Island itself (the largest) plus numerous other small isles and cays, most of which are uninhabited.
- Anguilla is also a well-known tax haven, with no capital gains, profit, estate or other direct taxation forms on either corporations or individuals. In April 2011, Anguilla faced with mounting deficit and introduced its first form of income tax - the 3% "Interim Stabilisation Levy".
- Anguilla Island is served by a regularly scheduled ferry service from St Martin Island. Travel time is 20 min - from Marigot St Martin to Blowing Point. Ferries start operations from 7 am daily. Charter Service is offered from Blowing Point to Princess Juliana Airport - the most common transportation between Anguilla and St Martin.
Anguilla Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Anguilla Island dock (anchor) at Blowing Point - port town on the southern coast.
Anguilla Island cruise port videos
Port Anguilla Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Anguilla Island, UK. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Anguilla Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Anguilla Island, UK.
If you lose the Anguilla Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.