Seabourn Encore Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seabourn Encore
|Year built||2016 / Age : 2|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 380 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||210 m / 689 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40350 gt|
|Passengers||532 - 638|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Sarah Brightman|
Current itinerary of Seabourn Encore
Seabourn Encore current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus. The itinerary starts on 06 Oct, 2018 and ends on 20 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|06 Oct||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|07 Oct 07:00 - 16:00||Port Mahon, Menorca Island, Spain|
|08 Oct 09:00 - 23:00||Marseille, France Riviera|
|09 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Saint-Tropez, France Riviera|
|10 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Ajaccio, Corsica, France|
|11 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|12 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||La Spezia, Italy|
|13 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|14 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Amalfi, Italy|
|15 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Siracusa, Sicily, Italy|
|16 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Crotone, Italy|
|17 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece|
|18 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Katakolon, Olympia, Greece|
|19 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Nafplio, Mycenae, Greece|
|20 Oct||Arriving in Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
Review of Seabourn Encore
Seabourn Encore is one of the newest Seabourn Cruises ships - together with the sister-vessel Seabourn Ovation (2018).
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, raging from 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and major player on the premium-cruising market, competing head-on with Silversea and Regent Seven Seas.
The ship's passenger capacity is bigger with 34%, but with just 6% less space per guest. In comparison, the ship also features an additional deck and expanded public areas.
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Encore itinerary program is based on luxury Asia cruises with sailings to India and Arabia during ship's Maiden Season. Following are itineraries to Australia and New Zealand, as well as to the exotic isles of Southeast Asia.
Like all Seabourn ships, Encore is an all-suite vessel, but every suite aboard this Seabourn vessel, has a private veranda. All accommodations are all thoughtfully appointed, designed as homes with separate lounge room to unwind and entertain. The five Owner’s Suites measure up to 1,065 sq. feet (including a veranda); four Grand Suites (two-bedroom) are up to 1,680 sq. feet private living space. Choose to stay in a Penthouse Suite (one of the 21) on uppermost decks, featuring up to 540 sq. feet each.
By company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Seabourn Encore is operated with all-inclusive deals, and provides the best choice of dining venues (all complimentary) and open-bar lounges. Guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. The design of Encore features contemporary spaces created by the Adam Tihany’s company, including ship's Main Dining Room and the club-like Seabourn Square lounge area.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Encore restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room with open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; the dining amenities are top-luxurious; the Restaurant’s dress code is “elegant casual” with optional “formal” dress on special nights.
- Sushi Restaurant (replacing the traditional “Restaurant 2” on the Odyssey-class Seabourn ships)
- Patio Grill (serves the pool area with grilled specialties, salads and several side dishes; fresh pizza by the slice is offered throughout the afternoon)
- The Colonnade (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; its chefs cook in an open kitchen and guests can enjoy watching food being prepared; the menu for dinner is differently themed each day; the restaurant has an aft Terrace and an outdoor seating area)
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (3-star Michelin chef) - with a classic American steakhouse menu.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The ambiance of Seabourn Encore is relaxed, with a sheer activities’ variety. Most sailings feature the Seabourn line’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbecue or Marina Days, when you can go kayaking or sailing right from ship. Seabourn cruise line’s service is ranked the best on the luxury cruising market – highly personalized and attentive. Tipping is not expected.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Encore lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Living room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with 1 roulette table, 3 gaming tables for blackjack and poker, 15 slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewelry)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (11,400 ft2 wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym)
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room)
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole Golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
- On Seabourn Encore, the cruise company debuted a new production show (titled "An Evening with Tim Rice") and a new Wellness program (by Dr Andrew Weil). The show was created exclusively for Seabourn Cruises by "Belinda King Creative Productions". Tim Rice and Dr Weil were both guests on the ship's maiden voyage.
Seabourn Encore wiki
- Cabin grades number: 13
- Total number of cabins: 302 (all of which are Suite staterooms).
- Restaurants and food bars: The Restaurant (main dining room, open-seating), The Colonnade (indoor/outdoor buffet), Patio Grill & Pizza (poolside bars), Seabourn Square (library/computer center, with a European Konditorei-style coffee bar, serving sandwiches, pastries and gelato).
- Lounges & Bars: Grand Salon (theater), The Club (disco nightclub), Observation Lounge (panoramic bar, serving Early Risers' tea and coffee), Sky Bar (al fresco), Patio Bar (poolside drinks), Casino, Promenade, Gym (complimentary classes including Pilates, Tai Chi and yoga), Spa at Seabourn, pools (Patio /main, Club /aft, Spa), jacuzzis, outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace), 9-hole golf putting course, shops.
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Encore are held in any of the public spaces (no dedicated chapel on board).
- Seabourn Encore cruise ship is the line's newest vessel providing all-inclusive "big yacht cruising" vacation experiences. Her sister as design is Seabourn Ovation (2017). The other fleet members are named Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn. All Seabourn ships, as a sea vacation travel concept, continue to be widely acknowledged as the "game-changer" for the luxury ship travel industry.
- Compared to the line's three Odyssey-class vessels, the Encore ship is about 1/5th larger in size (26%), 1/3rd bigger as passenger capacity (34%, based on double occupancy), with 1 additional deck, re-designed venues, expanded public spaces, and features 6% less space per passenger. Traditionally for the ships in the Seabourn fleet, all passenger cabins (all are suites) have private verandas.
- On September 15, 2015, with the keel laying ceremony officially started the vessel's construction. The ceremony wasa attended by Antonio Quintano (Marghera shipyard's manager) and Keith Taylor (Holland America Group's Executive VP).
- On March 4, 2016, was the vessel's launch at Marghera shipyard. The special event was attended by Marnie Tihany (wife of Adam D Tihany, the ship's interior designer).
- The godmother's name was revealed in Nov 2016 - Mrs Sarah Brightman (born 1960). She is an UK classical soprano, also actress, musician, songwriter. Her 1996 duet with Andrea Bocelli (the single "Time to Say Goodbye") became one of the world's best-selling singles.
- On November 30, 2016, the vessel was officially delivered with a ceremony held at the Marghera shipyard. The event was attended by Seabourn's President Richard Meadows, and Fincantieri's CEO Giuseppe Bono.
- On January 7, 2017, was the vessel's christening ceremony held at Port Singapore. The naming ceremony was led by the godmother Sarah Brightman. Cruise passengers and many VIP guests joined the ship's staff for a show launch. Followed performances by local musicians and actors, including lion dancers and stilt walkers.
- The Inaugural Cruise (maiden voyage themed "Gems of the Java Sea") was a 10-day itinerary to ports in Indonesia (Singapore to Benoa, Bali). Followed Asian and Australian voyages and repositioning via Suez Canal to Europe (Mediterranean.
- During its Inaugural cruise season in 2016, Seabourn Encore offered mostly one-way itineraries to ports in Europe (Mediterranean), Asia (Dubai, India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore), Australia and New Zealand.
- Seabourn Encore spent the summer 2017 season in Europe / Mediterranean on itineraries 7-, 10-, and 14-day in length.
Seabourn Encore - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seabourn EncoreAdd Photo
Seabourn Encore ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
In 2019 Seabourn is exploring Europe with a menu of travel options for passengers to discover natural beauty, art, architecture, culture, history...June 15, 2018
A woman managed to film a dramatic moment when luxury Seabourn Encore collided with another ship, Milburn Carrier II, in port of Timaru...February 20, 2017
- show more news
Other Seabourn cruise ships
Seabourn Encore Itineraries
The below listed Seabourn Encore cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Seabourn fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Sep 29||14 days, round-trip Riviera & Italian Allure||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Oct 06||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona|
|2018 Oct 06||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona|
|2018 Oct 13||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia||$3999|
|2018 Oct 20||37 days, one-way from Piraeus to Singapore||Piraeus|
|2018 Oct 20||19 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubai||Piraeus|
|2018 Nov 08||25 days, one-way from Dubai to Benoa||Dubai|
|2018 Nov 08||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$6299|
|2018 Nov 26||25 days, one-way from Singapore to Sydney||Singapore|
|2018 Nov 26||7 days, one-way from Singapore to Benoa||Singapore||$3099|
|2018 Dec 03||34 days, one-way from Benoa to Auckland||Benoa||$9499|
|2018 Dec 03||18 days, one-way from Benoa to Sydney||Benoa||$4499|
|2018 Dec 21||32 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$11299|
|2018 Dec 21||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$5999|
|2019 Jan 06||32 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$10999|
|2019 Jan 06||16 days, round-trip New Zealand's Splendors||Auckland||$5299|
|2019 Jan 22||16 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$5999|
|2019 Feb 07||32 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$10999|
|2019 Feb 07||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$5999|
|2019 Feb 23||32 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$10499|
|2019 Feb 23||16 days, round-trip New Zealand's Splendors||Auckland||$5999|
|2019 Mar 11||32 days, one-way from Auckland to Benoa||Auckland||$10799|
|2019 Mar 11||16 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$5699|
|2019 Mar 27||26 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$8299|
|2019 Mar 27||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney||$4699|
|2019 Apr 12||26 days, one-way from Benoa to Dubai||Benoa||$7999|
|2019 Apr 12||10 days, one-way from Benoa to Singapore||Benoa||$3699|
|2019 Apr 22||34 days, one-way from Singapore to Piraeus||Singapore||$9499|
|2019 Apr 22||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$4999|
|2019 May 08||25 days, one-way from Dubai to Valletta||Dubai||$10499|
|2019 May 08||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus||Dubai||$5699|
|2019 May 26||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Valletta||Piraeus||$4499|
|2019 Jun 12||11 days, one-way from Valletta to Piraeus||Valletta||$5999|
|2019 Jul 11||14 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus||$7999|
|2019 Jul 11||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus||$4499|
|2019 Jul 18||18 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia||$9999|
|2019 Jul 18||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$4499|
|2019 Jul 25||21 days, round-trip Mediterranean Magic & Malta||Barcelona||$10499|
|2019 Jul 25||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$6499|
|2019 Aug 05||17 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$8499|
|2019 Aug 05||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$5999|
|2019 Aug 15||14 days, round-trip Spain & Romantic Rivieras||Barcelona||$7299|
|2019 Aug 15||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$3999|
|2019 Aug 22||18 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia||$9999|
|2019 Aug 22||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$3999|
|2019 Aug 29||21 days, round-trip Mediterranean Magic & Malta||Barcelona||$12299|
|2019 Aug 29||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$6999|
|2019 Sep 09||17 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$9999|
|2019 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$6499|
|2019 Sep 19||14 days, round-trip Spain & Romantic Rivieras||Barcelona||$7999|
|2019 Sep 19||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$4499|
|2019 Sep 26||18 days, round-trip Riviera & Iberian Discoveries||Civitavecchia||$9999|
|2019 Sep 26||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$4299|
|2019 Oct 03||18 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona||$8999|
|2019 Oct 03||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$6499|
|2019 Oct 14||26 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Dubai||Civitavecchia||$10499|
|2019 Oct 14||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia||$3999|
|2019 Oct 21||37 days, one-way from Piraeus to Singapore||Piraeus||$13999|
|2019 Oct 21||19 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubai||Piraeus||$7999|
|2019 Nov 09||25 days, one-way from Dubai to Benoa||Dubai||$10499|
|2019 Nov 09||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$7699|
|2019 Nov 27||24 days, one-way from Singapore to Sydney||Singapore||$11999|
|2019 Nov 27||7 days, one-way from Singapore to Benoa||Singapore||$3999|
|2019 Dec 04||33 days, one-way from Benoa to Auckland||Benoa||$18499|
|2019 Dec 04||17 days, one-way from Benoa to Sydney||Benoa||$9499|
|2019 Dec 21||30 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$17099|
|2019 Dec 21||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$10999|
|2020 Jan 06||30 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$16099|
|2020 Jan 06||14 days, round-trip New Zealand Splendours||Auckland||$7999|
|2020 Jan 20||16 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$9999|
|2020 Feb 05||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$9999|
|2020 Feb 21||30 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$16999|
|2020 Feb 21||16 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$9999|
|2020 Mar 08||40 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$20999|
|2020 Mar 08||30 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney||$15999|
|2020 Mar 08||14 days, round-trip An Australian Autumn||Sydney||$8999|
|2020 Mar 22||26 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$12999|
|2020 Mar 22||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney||$8999|
|2020 Apr 07||28 days, one-way from Benoa to Dubai||Benoa||$12499|
|2020 Apr 07||10 days, one-way from Benoa to Singapore||Benoa||$5499|
|2020 Apr 17||36 days, one-way from Singapore to Piraeus||Singapore||$14999|
|2020 Apr 17||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$8499|
|2020 May 05||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus||Dubai||$7999|