Seabourn Venture Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seabourn Venture
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||Mariotti Damen Cruise (Genoa, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 225 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||170 m / 558 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||23000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
Review of Seabourn Venture
Seabourn Venture cruise ship is the newest vessel in the Seabourn fleet. The liner is scheduled for launch in June 2021 and follows company's newbuild Seabourn Ovation (2018). A second sistership (TBN) is planned to start cruising in May 2022. Both vessels are PC6 (Polar-Class 6) classed expedition cruise ships and carry (each) two mini-submarines (custom-built submersibles) plus a fleet of sea kayaks and 24x Zodiacs (large-capacity motorized boats used for tendering and landings/shoreside exploration). Each ship has a total of 132 staterooms, all of which are outside (balconied) suites.
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, ranging from the 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and a major player on the premium-cruising market, competing for head-on with Silversea and Regent Seven Seas.
Via the name of its newest vessel, the cruise company is paying tribute to the remote polar destinations visited by Seabourn's expedition fleet and the "Ventures by Seabourn" (company's shore excursion program).
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Venture's schedule will offer Arctic itineraries (in summer 2021) followed by Antarctica itineraries (winter season 2021-2022). More itinerary details (as homeports, islands and destinations) will be announced on a later date.
The Seabourn ship Venture has a total of 132 cabins, all of which are Suite-category staterooms. Like all Seabourn liners, Venture is an all-suite vessel, with every stateroom having a private (step-out) balcony. All cabins are thoughtfully appointed, designed as homes with separate lounge room serving as relaxation and entertainment area.
By company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Seabourn Venture is operated with all-inclusive deals and provides the best choice of dining venues (all complimentary) and open-bar lounges. Guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. The design of Venture features contemporary spaces created by the Adam Tihany’s company, including ship's Main Dining Room and the club-like Seabourn Square lounge area.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Venture restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room with open-seating breakfast, lunch, and dinner; the dining amenities are top-luxurious; the Restaurant’s dress code is “elegant casual” with optional “formal” dress on special nights.
- Sushi Restaurant (replacing the traditional “Restaurant 2” on the Odyssey-class Seabourn ships)
- Patio Grill (serves the pool area with grilled specialties, salads, and several side dishes; fresh pizza by the slice is offered throughout the afternoon)
- The Colonnade (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; its chefs cook in an open kitchen and guests can enjoy watching food being prepared; the menu for dinner is differently themed each day; the restaurant has an aft Terrace and an outdoor seating area)
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (the menu and ambiance are inspired by the classic American chophouse; a collaboration between designer Adam D. Tihany and 3-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The ambiance of Seabourn Venture is relaxed, with sheer activities’ variety. Most sailings feature the Seabourn line’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbecue or Marina Days when you can go kayaking or sail right from the ship. Seabourn cruise line’s service is ranked the best on the luxury cruising market – highly personalized and attentive. Tipping is not expected.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Ovation are held in any of the public spaces (no dedicated chapel on board).
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Venture lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Living room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with roulette table, gaming tables for blackjack and poker, slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with an open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes, and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewelry)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym)
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room)
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- Promenade; Outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole Golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Venture wiki
In July 2018, Seabourn signed a letter of intent with "MARIOTTI DAMEN Cruise" (Genoa, Italy)) for building 2 polar-class expedition ships with the following vessel details:
- length 170 m
- GT tonnage 23,000 tons
- ice-strengthened hull (PC6 ice-class)
- 132 balcony cabins
- capacity 264 passengers plus 120 crew (including 26 expedition crew of experts - scientists, historians, naturalists)
- 2 submarines, sea kayaks, 24x Zodiacs (inflatable motorized boats used for landings)
- shell doors (at waterline level) allow convenient access to the Zodiacs.
- Ship's total open-deck space is approx 2750 m2 (29,600 ft2).
The first vessel (Venture) is scheduled for June 2021, the second (yet to be named) - for May 2022.
In 2008 was founded the holding company Genova Industrie Navali Group as a merger of two Genoa-based shipyards (San Giorgio del Porto and T. Mariotti). In 2019, Genova Industrie Navali and Fincantieri (world's largest cruise ship builder) signed an agreement Fincantieri to purchase a minority stake in the new holding company, with an option to acquire a minority share in T. Mariotti. The deal allowed Fincantieri to use company's Genoa port facilities for mega-yacht and medium-size ship construction, outfitting, repairs, conversions, refurbishments and shipbreaking (dismantling and recycling).
Seabourn Venture - user reviews and comments
Seabourn Venture ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn announced that it will name its first new ultra-luxury expedition ship Seabourn Venture. This way, the cruise company is paying tribute to...March 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn announced it had signed a Letter of Intent for the building of a couple of new ultra-luxury expedition vessels with new partnership between...July 3, 2018
- show more news