Seabourn Venture Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seabourn Venture
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||CI.MAR (Cimolai Group+T. Mariotti Shipyards) San Giorgio di Nogaro/Venice, Italy|
|Building cost||USD 225 million (EUR 200 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||170 m / 558 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||23000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
Review of Seabourn Venture
Seabourn Venture cruise ship is the newest vessel in the Seabourn fleet. The liner is scheduled for launch in June 2021 and follows the company's newbuild Seabourn Ovation (2018). A second sistership (TBN) is planned to start cruising in May 2022. Both vessels are PC6 (Polar-Class 6) classed expedition cruise ships and carry (each) two mini-submarines (custom-built submersibles) plus a fleet of sea kayaks and 24x Zodiacs (large-capacity motorized boats used for tendering and landings/shoreside exploration). Each ship has a total of 132 staterooms, all of which are outside (balconied) suites.
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, ranging from the 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and a major player on the premium-cruising market, competing for head-on with Silversea and Regent Seven Seas.
Via the name of its newest vessel, the cruise company is paying tribute to the remote polar destinations visited by Seabourn's expedition fleet and the "Ventures by Seabourn" (company's shore excursion program).
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Venture's schedule offers Arctic itineraries (in summer 2021) followed by Antarctica itineraries (winter season 2021-2022). The inaugural cruise/maiden voyage is themed "Northern Isles and the Viking Homeland" and departs from Greenwich-London on July 15, 2021. This expedition ship cruises further north and south than any other Carnival Corporation-owned vessel ever.
The inaugural cruise season (July 2021 through April 2022) has a total of 35 itineraries planned.
- The pre-inaugural voyage ("Highlights of the English Channel") is from Lisbon to London and departs on July 5, 2021.
- In summer 2021 are offered itineraries along the coasts of Norway, Iceland, Greenland, the Arctic. In October 2021, the ship cruises from Europe to the Caribbean (Barbados) and after passing the Panama Canal, along the coasts of Peru and Chile to Antarctica (November 2021).
- Winter 2021-2022 itineraries are along the coasts of Antarctica, South Georgia, and the Falklands, then north to Brazil and Amazon River.
- In April 2022, Seabourn Venture repositions back to homeport London-Greenwich through Cape Verde, Casablanca, and Lisbon.
Seabourn opened bookings for Venture ship's inaugural cruise itineraries on May 20, 2019. During the inaugural season (July 2021-April 2022), the boat visit remote Antarctica and Arctic destinations, also ports in the Caribbean, Central and South America (including Amazon Delta). The cruise program included a total of 25 itineraries (ranging between 7-22 days), 150+ unique destinations worldwide, of which 65+ notable or new for Seabourn.
The Seabourn ship Venture has a total of 132 cabins, all of which are Suite-category staterooms. Like all Seabourn liners, Venture is an all-suite vessel, with every stateroom featuring a private (step-out) balcony. All cabins are thoughtfully appointed, designed as homes with separate lounge room serving as relaxation and entertainment area.
By the company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Seabourn Venture is operated with all-inclusive deals and provides the best choice of dining venues (all complimentary) and open-bar lounges. Guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. The design of Venture features contemporary spaces created by the Adam Tihany’s company, including ship's Main Dining Room and the club-like Seabourn Square lounge area.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Venture restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room/MDR on deck 4) offers open-seating breakfasts, lunches and dinners. MDR's dining amenities are top-luxury, dress code is “elegant casual”, with optional “formal” dress on special nights. The Restaurant also offers an expansive premium wine selection, with renown labels and vintages. Some of the fine wines (by the glass) are complimentary, while all premium wines are available at an additional charge. In The Restaurant, the cruise line boasts with special Thomas Keller-inspired menus that include an appetizer, entree option, vegetarian entree option and a dessert in French-American style.
- Sushi in The Club (specialty dinner restaurant replacing the traditional “Restaurant 2” on Seabourn's Odyssey-class ships) offers sushi bites freshly made-to-order.
- The Patio Grill (deck 5 aft) serves the swimming pool area with grilled BBQ specialties, salads, side dishes, fresh pizza (by the slice). Patio Grill is open for casual, alfresco lunches and throughout the afternoons (weather permitting). Dinners offer a full menu in the alfresco setting. Chef Keller has developed a signature Napa burger and an artisanal hot dog dubbed the Yountwurst (named for the hometown of The French Laundry), Ad Hoc, as well as the original Bouchon & Bouchon Bakery.
- The Colonnade (specialty restaurant on deck 6 aft) is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Master chefs here cook in an open kitchen so passengers can watch the food preparation process. The dinner menu is differently themed each day of the cruise. The special theme nights offer Chef Keller-influenced dinners with interpretations of classic comfort dishes, including Clam Bake and BBQ Ribs served family-style on platters. The Colonnade restaurant has an outdoor Terrace with al-fresco seating area.
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (specialty restaurant aft on deck 9?) is a classic American steakhouse via a partnership with Adam D. Tihany (NYC-based hospitality designer) and Thomas Keller (American 3-star Michelin chef, restaurateur, cookbook writer). Themed dinners feature tableside preparations of Caesar salad, ice cream sundaes, along with a range of steakhouse favourites such as Lobster Thermidor and creamed spinach. A cocktail program and rich wine list of old-world and domestic labels complement the menu. Dining reservations can be requested online before sailing (recommended due to the high demand), subject to availability and closing 15 days prior to the cruise. Reservations can also be made onboard. One reservation is permitted per sailing.
- Constellation Lounge (theatre/bar lounge forward on deck 9?) serves early-risers (with beverages and fresh-baked pastries), Afternoon Tea, signature cocktails and tapas-type appetizers in the evenings.
- Seabourn Square (deck ?) serves premium brand coffees/teas, sandwiches, gourmet sweets, fresh-made pastries, homemade gelato (ice creams).
- Pantry in the Bow Lounge (deck ?) offers freshly prepared light food and refreshing drinks.
- 24-hour in-cabin dining (room service) is offered complimentary and course-by-course to all categories suites.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The ambience of Seabourn Venture is relaxed, with sheer activities’ variety. Most sailings feature the Seabourn line’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbecue or Marina Days when you can go kayaking or sail right from the ship. Seabourn cruise line’s service is ranked the best on the luxury cruising market – highly personalized and attentive. Tipping is not expected.
Ship's Atrium, Discovery Center, Expedition Lounge, Landing Zone and all interior public spaces are masterfully designed by Tihany Design (1978-founded firm). Discovery Center, Landing Zone, and Expedition Lounge are new spaces, each of which themed on the early sea explorers era with memorabilia and various materials.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Ovation are held in any of the public spaces (no dedicated chapel onboard).
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Venture lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- The Atrium (ship's social hub and focal point) features a winding grand staircase. Metal and wood are presented throughout, with details like ropework (replacing the traditional spindles) and topography-inspired wall patterns. An art display (suspended at Atrium's centre) emulates wind measuring instruments.
- The Discovery Center on Deck 4 (adjacent to Expedition Lounge) serves as teaching/academic room for company's enrichment programming and has seating capacity to accommodate all passengers. Here are hosted themed events like port talks, briefings, lectures, Seabourn Conversations (enrichment program activities). Ship's 26-person expedition team (scientists, historians, naturalists, wilderness experts) present here lectures on topics related to the current cruise itinerary/destination/region. Discovery Center's interior features topography maps, plush custom-made seating, and large HD screens (sized 2,5x10 m / 8x33 ft) showing current itinerary-themed media (including footages from the daily mini-submarine cruises).
- The Expedition Lounge is ship's main and largest indoor relaxation lounge with a full-service bar. The lounge features custom-made furniture, an etched glass partition with a vintage Antarctica map and vitrines showcasing devices and tools. Two large touchscreens display various media content, including navigational and weather charts, photos, maps.
- Ship's two Landing Zones (portside and starboard) are the launch/boarding points for landings. Both areas are on Deck 3 and sized 60 m2 (646 ft2). Landing Zone (aka Mudroom) is designed with durable materials and conveniently located to allow direct access to the ship's 24x Zodiacs (large motorized boats) for shoreside cruising. Landing Zones are also used for watersports activities (like snorkelling in tropical climates) having plenty of storage space for equipment (masks and fins).
- Living Room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with a roulette table, gaming tables for blackjack and poker, slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with an open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes, and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewellery)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & speciality coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym). It features Technogym equipment for strength and cardio training. Personal trainers provide nutrition and exercise plans.
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room). A series of complimentary classes are offered, including Pilates, Yoga, and Tai Chi.
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- Promenade; Outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Venture - user reviews and comments
Seabourn Venture ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn is preparing for the launch of its new purpose-built expedition cruise ship, Seabourn Venture, set to start cruising the most coveted and...October 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn Cruises unveiled the all 8 dining experiences on company's two newbuild ultra-luxury expedition ships scheduled for launches in June 2021...July 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn celebrated a major milestone in the building of its new expedition vessel, Seabourn Venture, with the official cutting of the first steel...June 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn opened for sale the inaugural season itineraries for its Seabourn Venture, which is the line’s first ultra-luxury purpose-built...May 20, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn released the debut programme of its newbuild expedition ship Seabourn Venture ahead of its launch in 2021. The "Northern Isles and the...May 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn gave the first glimpse of select public spaces onboard the line's 2 new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition vessels scheduled to launch in...April 11, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn announced that it will name its first new ultra-luxury expedition ship Seabourn Venture. This way, the cruise company is paying tribute to...March 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn announced it had signed a Letter of Intent for the building of a couple of new ultra-luxury expedition vessels with new partnership between...July 3, 2018
- show more news
Other Seabourn cruise ships
Seabourn Venture Wiki
In July 2018, Seabourn signed a letter of intent with "MARIOTTI DAMEN Cruise" (Genoa Italy)) for building two polar-class expedition vessels with the following details:
- Lloyd's Polar Class PC6 (Finnish-Swedish ice-class 1A-Super)
- length 170 m
- GT tonnage 23,000 tons
- ice-strengthened hull (PC6 ice-class)
- 132 balcony cabins
- capacity 264 passengers plus 120 crew (including 26 expedition crew of experts - scientists, historians, naturalists)
- 2 submarines, sea kayaks, 24x Zodiacs (inflatable motorized boats used for landings)
- shell doors (at waterline level) allow convenient access to the Zodiacs.
- Ship's total open-deck space is approx 2750 m2 (29,600 ft2).
- The design is similar to SeaDream's newest ship SeaDream Innovation.
Each of ship's two mini-subs is battery-powered, with capacity 7 peaople (6 passengers + 1 crew pilot), max diving depth 300 m (980 ft). The submarine design features two transparent acrylic spheres (each with 3 seats) that flank the pilot’s station. Passenger seats are with custom-embroidered leather and mounted on a rotating platform. Submarine's optional equipment includes a 4K (HD) underwater camera with a video recording system. The recorded footages (photos and videos) are then uploaded and projected on board (at Discovery Center's large TV screens). One 6-function robotic/manipulator arm have max lifting capacity 32 kg (70,5 pounds) is mounted on minisub's side. Each minisub has Bluetooth stereo, champagne chiller, two air-conditioning systems, imaging sonar, advanced navigation system.
The first unit (Venture) is scheduled for June 2021, the second (yet to be named) - for May 2022. Venture's steel-cutting ceremony was held on June 8, 2019, in San Giorgio di Nogaro (Udine Province, Italy). The shipbuilding yard (owned by CI.MAR) is located near Venice City. CI.MAR (established in 2007) is a joint venture company of Cimolai Group (specializing in engineering and large steel construction works) and T. Mariotti Shipyards (specializing in building of luxury cruise ships and megayachts). CI.MAR's facilities in San Giorgio di Nogaro offer a 50,000+ m2 shipbuilding area equipped with complex lifting-maneuvering systems capable of handling constructions with weights up to 300 tons.
In April 2019, Seabourn contracted ABB Group (Swiss-Swedish corporation specializing in robotics, marine electrical power equipment, and automation technologies) to provide both ships' propulsion systems. The equipment integrates main diesel generators, switchboards, converters, remote control systems, plus two 6-MW Azipod (azimuth propulsion units), bow thruster motors and "ABB Ability 800xA". ABB Ability is a remote diagnostic system using Microsoft Azure (cloud computing). It monitors the ship's electrical systems and is connected 24-7 to ABB's infrastructure ashore (Collaborative Operations Center). The system monitors all linked devices and sends real-time data analytics for maintenance (predictive and planned) and online support. The contract was signed by Rick Meadows (Seabourn's President), Marco Ghiglione (T.Mariotti's Managing Director) and Marcus Hogblom (Director of ABB's Passenger Vessel division).
In 2008 was founded the holding company Genova Industrie Navali Group as a merger of two Genoa-based shipyards (San Giorgio del Porto, and T. Mariotti). In 2019, Genova Industrie Navali and Fincantieri (world's largest cruise ship builder) signed an agreement Fincantieri to purchase a minority stake in the new holding company, with an option to acquire a minority share in T. Mariotti. The deal allowed Fincantieri to use company's Genoa port facilities for mega-yacht and medium-size ship construction, outfitting, repairs, conversions, refurbishments, and shipbreaking (dismantling and recycling).
The financing deal for both Seabourn newbuilds (Venture and TBN-2022) was signed in late-June 2019. The money transaction (to Mariotti Group) for the newbuilds was done by Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (Italian banking group), Banca IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) and Mediocredito Italiano SpA (Italian commercial bank).
Seabourn Venture User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review