Specifications of Seabourn Venture
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||CI.MAR (Cimolai Group+T. Mariotti Shipyards) San Giorgio di Nogaro/Venice, Italy|
|Building cost||USD 225 million (EUR 200 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||170 m / 558 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||23000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
Seabourn Venture Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jul 05||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to London-Greenwich||Lisbon||$8499|
|2021 Jul 16||22 days, one-way from London-Greenwich to Longyearbyen||London-Greenwich|
|2021 Jul 16||11 days, one-way from London-Greenwich to Tromso||London-Greenwich|
|2021 Jul 27||25 days, one-way from Tromso to Reykjavik||Tromso||$32392|
|2021 Jul 27||11 days, one-way from Tromso to Longyearbyen||Tromso|
|2021 Aug 07||28 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik||Longyearbyen||$32906|
|2021 Aug 07||14 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik||Longyearbyen|
|2021 Aug 21||28 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik||$28506|
|2021 Aug 21||14 days, round-trip 14 Night Legend of the Icelandic Sagas Cruise||Reykjavik||$17996|
|2021 Sep 04||28 days, one-way from Reykjavik to St Johns NL||Reykjavik||$31993|
|2021 Sep 04||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik|
|2021 Sep 18||24 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Bridgetown||Kangerlussuaq||$22408|
|2021 Sep 18||14 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to St Johns NL||Kangerlussuaq|
|2021 Oct 02||24 days, one-way from St Johns NL to Callao||St Johns NL||$15003|
|2021 Oct 02||10 days, one-way from St Johns NL to Bridgetown||St Johns NL||$5995|
|2021 Oct 12||26 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Antonio||Bridgetown||$18991|
|2021 Oct 12||14 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Callao||Bridgetown||$10001|
|2021 Oct 27||29 days, one-way from Callao to Ushuaia||Callao||$29501|
|2021 Oct 27||11 days, one-way from Callao to San Antonio||Callao||$10001|
|2021 Nov 07||18 days, one-way from San Antonio to Ushuaia||San Antonio|
|2021 Nov 25||10 days, round-trip 10 Night The Great White Continent Cruise||Ushuaia||$11007|
|2021 Dec 05||10 days, round-trip 10 Night The Great White Continent Cruise||Ushuaia||$10989|
|2021 Dec 15||20 days, round-trip 20 Night Ultimate Holiday Antarctica and South Georgia Cruise||Ushuaia||$28990|
|2022 Jan 04||12 days, round-trip 12 Night Antarctica Exploration Cruise||Ushuaia||$15995|
|2022 Jan 16||10 days, round-trip 10 Night The Great White Continent Cruise||Ushuaia||$13006|
|2022 Jan 26||12 days, round-trip 12 Night Antarctica Exploration Cruise||Ushuaia||$17007|
|2022 Feb 07||10 days, round-trip 10 Night The Great White Continent Cruise||Ushuaia||$13008|
|2022 Feb 17||27 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Rio de Janeiro||Ushuaia||$31989|
|2022 Feb 17||21 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires||Ushuaia||$28992|
|2022 Mar 10||19 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Manaus||Buenos Aires||$11504|
|2022 Mar 10||6 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$5005|
|2022 Mar 17||22 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Iquitos||Rio de Janeiro||$17204|
|2022 Mar 17||12 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Manaus||Rio de Janeiro||$6992|
|2022 Mar 30||9 days, one-way from Manaus to Iquitos||Manaus||$10003|
|2022 Apr 09||20 days, one-way from Iquitos to Praia||Iquitos||$15009|
|2022 Apr 09||9 days, one-way from Iquitos to Manaus||Iquitos||$10803|
|2022 Apr 18||24 days, one-way from Manaus to London-Greenwich||Manaus||$13507|
|2022 Apr 18||11 days, one-way from Manaus to Praia||Manaus||$6005|
|2022 Apr 30||12 days, one-way from Praia to London-Greenwich||Praia||$7997|
Seabourn Venture Review
Review of Seabourn Venture
Seabourn Venture cruise ship is the newest vessel in the Seabourn's fleet. The liner is currently under construction and scheduled for inauguration in June 2021 and follows the newbuild Seabourn Ovation (2018). A second sistership to Venture (TBN) is planned to start operations in May 2022.
Both vessels are PC6 (Polar-Class 6) classed expedition cruise ships and carry (each) two mini-submarines (custom-built submersibles) plus a fleet of sea kayaks and 24x Zodiacs (large-capacity motorized boats used for tendering and landings/shoreside exploration). Each ship has a total of 132 staterooms, all of which are outside (balconied) suites.
History - construction and ownership
Seabourn Cruises is a top-luxury (all-inclusive) company founded in 1986 and headquartered in Seattle WA. Seabourn operates on global itineraries, ranging from the 7-day Caribbean to 100+day Around the World voyages. Since 1998, Seabourn is fully-owned by Carnival Corporation - the world's largest passenger shipping company. Seabourn is a signature travel brand and a major player on the premium-cruising market, competing for head-on with Silversea and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas.
Via the name of its newest vessel, the cruise company is paying tribute to the remote polar destinations visited by Seabourn's expedition fleet and the "Ventures by Seabourn" (company's shore excursion program).
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Venture's schedule offers Arctic itineraries (in summer 2021) followed by Antarctica itineraries (winter season 2021-2022). The inaugural cruise/maiden voyage is themed "Northern Isles and the Viking Homeland" and departs from Greenwich-London on July 15, 2021. This expedition ship cruises further north and south than any other Carnival Corporation-owned vessel ever.
The inaugural cruise season (July 2021 through April 2022) has a total of 35 itineraries planned.
- The pre-inaugural voyage ("Highlights of the English Channel") is from Lisbon to London and departs on July 5, 2021.
- In summer 2021 are offered itineraries along the coasts of Norway, Iceland, Greenland, the Arctic. In October 2021, the ship cruises from Europe to the Caribbean (Barbados) and after passing the Panama Canal, along the coasts of Peru and Chile to Antarctica (November 2021).
- Winter 2021-2022 itineraries are along the coasts of Antarctica, South Georgia, and the Falklands, then north to Brazil and Amazon River.
- In April 2022, Seabourn Venture repositions back to homeport London-Greenwich through Cape Verde, Casablanca, and Lisbon.
Seabourn opened bookings for Venture ship's inaugural cruise itineraries on May 20, 2019. During the inaugural season (July 2021-April 2022), the boat visit remote Antarctica and Arctic destinations, also ports in the Caribbean, Central and South America (including Amazon Delta). The cruise program included a total of 25 itineraries (ranging between 7-22 days), 150+ unique destinations worldwide, of which 65+ notable or new for Seabourn.
The Seabourn ship Venture has a total of 132 cabins, all of which are Suite-category staterooms. Like all Seabourn liners, Venture is an all-suite vessel, with every stateroom featuring a private (step-out) balcony. All cabins are thoughtfully appointed, designed as homes with separate lounge room serving as relaxation and entertainment area.
By the company's loyalty program "Seabourn Club", Silver Level and above passengers receive free Internet (limited and unlimited packages), free phone calls (20-30-40 min worldwide), complimentary Spa Massage, Day Pass for Spa Serene Area, free laundry (1 bag for every 7-days on the ship), plus discount pricing on onboard alcohol purchases (premium wines and spirits), future cruise booking discounts, luggage shipping service discounts, access to special offers and exclusive onboard events.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Seabourn Venture is operated with all-inclusive deals and provides the best choice of dining venues (all complimentary) and open-bar lounges. Guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. The design of Venture features contemporary spaces created by the Adam Tihany’s company, including ship's Main Dining Room and the club-like Seabourn Square lounge area.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Venture restaurants and food bars - a total of 8 dining options.
- The Restaurant (main dining room/MDR on Deck 4) offers open-seating breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. MDR's dining amenities are top-luxury, the dress code is “elegant casual”, with optional “formal” dress on special nights. The Restaurant also offers an expansive premium wine selection, with renown labels and vintages. Some of the fine wines (by the glass) are complimentary, while all premium wines are available at an additional charge. In The Restaurant, the cruise line boasts with special Thomas Keller-inspired menus that include an appetizer, entree option, vegetarian entree option and a dessert in French-American style.
- Sushi in The Club (specialty dinner restaurant replacing the traditional “Restaurant 2” on Seabourn Odyssey-class ships) offers sushi bites freshly made-to-order.
- The Patio Grill (deck 5 aft) serves the swimming pool area with grilled BBQ specialities, salads, side dishes, fresh pizza (by the slice). Patio Grill is open for casual alfresco lunches and throughout the afternoons (weather permitting). Dinners are full menu and in alfresco (outdoor) setting. Chef Keller developed for The Patio Grill a signature Napa burger and an artisanal hot dog named Yountwurst (after Yountville CA). Chef Thomas Keller is the owner of the restaurants Per Se (Manhattan NYC), Bouchon Bakery and Cafe (Manhattan NYC), The French Laundry (Yountville CA), Ad Hoc (Yountville CA), and Bouchon Bistro (Yountville CA).
- The Colonnade (specialty restaurant on Deck 6 aft) is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Master chefs here cook in an open kitchen so passengers can watch the food preparation process. The dinner menu is differently themed each day of the cruise. The special theme nights offer Chef Keller-influenced dinners with interpretations of classic comfort dishes, including Clam Bake and BBQ Ribs served family-style on platters. The Colonnade restaurant has an outdoor Terrace with an al-fresco seating area.
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (specialty restaurant aft on Deck 9?) is a classic American steakhouse via a partnership with Adam D. Tihany (NYC-based hospitality designer) and Thomas Keller (American 3-star Michelin chef, restaurateur, cookbook writer). Themed dinners feature tableside preparations of Caesar salad, ice cream sundaes, along with a range of steakhouse favourites such as Lobster Thermidor and creamed spinach. A cocktail program and rich wine list of old-world and domestic labels complement the menu. Dining reservations can be requested online before sailing (recommended due to the high demand), subject to availability and closing 15 days prior to the cruise. Reservations can also be made onboard. One reservation is permitted per sailing.
- Constellation Lounge (theatre/bar lounge forward on Deck 9) serves early-risers (with beverages and fresh-baked pastries), Afternoon Tea, signature cocktails and tapas-type appetizers in the evenings. Constellation Lounge features floor-ceiling wraparound windows (providing 270-degree views), comfortable seating (armchairs, plush sofas, round glass tables), dark carpeting (with constellation patterns), central-located Bar (with high stools). Dedicated expedition staff visits the lounge regularly to provide passengers with information on the visited ports and destinations (including region's wildlife and geology).
- Seabourn Square (Lobby Deck ?) serves premium brand coffees/teas, sandwiches, gourmet sweets, fresh-made pastries, homemade gelato (ice creams).
- "Pantry in the Bow Lounge" provides freshly prepared light food and beverages.
24-hour in-cabin dining (room service) is offered complimentary and course-by-course to all categories suites.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The ambiance of Seabourn Venture is relaxed, with sheer activities’ variety. Most sailings feature the Seabourn line’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbecue or Marina Days when you can go kayaking or sail right from the ship. Seabourn cruise line’s service is ranked the best on the luxury cruising market – highly personalized and attentive. Tipping is not expected.
Ship's Atrium, Discovery Center, Expedition Lounge, Landing Zone and all interior public spaces are masterfully designed by Tihany Design (1978-founded firm). Discovery Center, Landing Zone, and Expedition Lounge are new spaces, each of which themed on the early sea explorers era with memorabilia and various materials.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats. Tipping/gratuities - tips are not expected or calculated in the price. Wedding parties on Seabourn ship Ovation are held in any of the public spaces (no dedicated chapel onboard).
Bow Lounge (located forward on Deck 6) is an indoor observation Bar Lounge providing the closest to water level access (through its foredeck terrace). This makes it the boat's best vantage point for marine and wildlife / scenery viewing (including during port entries, berthing, and departures). Bow Lounge is fitted with large touch screens displaying navigational charts and maps with the ship’s current position (location at sea or in port) and current itinerary information (weather, Zodiac landings, flora-fauna, etc). Wall-mounted large HDTVs project live footages from the outside-installed HD cameras and also from a camera drone deployed (weather permitting) in the vicinity of the vessel. Bow Lounge is also staffed with Seabourn's Expedition Team members who throughout the day interact with the passengers.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Venture lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- The Atrium (ship's social hub and focal point) features a winding grand staircase. Metal and wood are presented throughout, with details like ropework (replacing the traditional spindles) and topography-inspired wall patterns. An art display (suspended at Atrium's centre) emulates wind measuring instruments.
- The Discovery Center on Deck 4 (adjacent to the Expedition Lounge) serves as a teaching/academic room for the company's enrichment programming and has seating capacity to accommodate all passengers. Here are hosted themed events like port talks, briefings, lectures, Seabourn Conversations (enrichment program activities). Ship's 26-person expedition team (scientists, historians, naturalists, wilderness experts) present here lectures on topics related to the current cruise itinerary/destination/region. Discovery Center's interior features topography maps, plush custom-made seating, and large HD screens (sized 2,5x10 m / 8x33 ft) showing current itinerary-themed media (including footages from the daily mini-submarine cruises).
- The Expedition Lounge on Deck 4 is the ship's main and largest indoor relaxation lounge with a full-service bar. The lounge features custom-made furniture, an etched glass partition with a vintage Antarctica map and vitrines showcasing devices and tools. Two large touchscreens display various media content, including navigational and weather charts, photos, maps.
- Ship's two Landing Zones (portside and starboard) are the launch/boarding points for landings. Both areas are on Deck 3 and sized 60 m2 (646 ft2). Landing Zone (aka Mudroom) is designed with durable materials and conveniently located to allow direct access to the ship's 24x Zodiacs (large motorized boats) for shoreside cruising. Landing Zones are also used for watersports activities (like snorkelling in tropical climates) having plenty of storage space for equipment (masks and fins).
- Living Room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with a roulette table, gaming tables for blackjack and poker, slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco nightclub) is open for afternoon tea and later transforms into a dance club. Guests can enjoy cocktails and live music.
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with an open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and board games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes, and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewellery)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie-specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool on Deck 5 (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; within steps of the Patio Grill; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties - a stage provides live music for dancing)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym). It features Technogym equipment for strength and cardio training. Personal trainers provide nutrition and exercise plans. A series of complimentary classes including Pilates, Tai Chi, and yoga, are also offered.
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room). A series of complimentary classes are offered, including Pilates, Yoga, and Tai Chi.
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano, serves coffee and tea every morning, drinks before or after dinner)
- Promenade; Outdoor relaxation areas (The Retreat, Sun Terrace, Spa Terrace)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Venture - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seabourn VentureAdd Photo
Seabourn Venture ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn will be offering its passengers a groundbreaking perspective on the sights in some of the world's most remote destinations. Each of the...January 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn's newest ultra-luxury expedition ship - Seabourn Venture, is set to sail to the world's most remote destinations since June 2021. The ship...December 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn celebrated a major milestone in the construction of its first purpose-built expedition ship - the keel-laying for Seabourn Venture during an...December 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn marked another key milestone in the building of its new expedition cruise ship, Seabourn Venture, via the completion of ice model testing...November 27, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn is preparing for the launch of its new purpose-built expedition cruise ship, Seabourn Venture, set to start cruising the most coveted and...October 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn unveiled the all 8 dining experiences on company's two newbuild ships scheduled for launches in June 2021, and May 2022. Each...July 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn celebrated a major milestone in the building of its new expedition vessel, Seabourn Venture, with the official cutting of the first steel...June 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn opened for booking the inaugural itineraries for Seabourn Venture - the line’s first ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition vessel...May 20, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn released the debut programme of its newbuild expedition ship Seabourn Venture ahead of its launch in 2021. The "Northern Isles and the...May 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seabourn gave the first glimpse of select public spaces onboard the line's 2 new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition vessels scheduled to launch in...April 11, 2019
- show more news
Other Seabourn Cruises cruise ships
Seabourn Venture Wiki
In July 2018, Seabourn signed a letter of intent with "MARIOTTI DAMEN Cruise" (Genoa Italy)) for building two polar-class expedition vessels with the following details:
- ice-strengthened hull (PC6 ice-class)
- Lloyd's Polar Class PC6 (Finnish-Swedish ice-class 1A-Super / cruiseferries)
- length 170 m
- GT tonnage 23,000 tons
- 132 balcony cabins
- capacity 264 passengers plus 120 crew (including 26 expedition crew of experts - scientists, historians, naturalists)
- 2 submarines, sea kayaks, 24x Zodiacs (inflatable motorized boats used for landings)
- shell doors (at waterline level) allow convenient access to the Zodiacs.
Vessel's keel-laying ceremony was held on December 4, 2019, at T. Mariotti Shipyard located near Venice Italy (in San Giorgio di Nogaro). The ceremony was attended by Richard Meadows (Seabourn's President) and Marco Ghiglione (T. Mariotti's Managing Director). The Seabourn ship Venture is scheduled for delivery and inauguration in June 2021. The sistership (TBN) is is planned for launch in 2022 May.
Each of ship's two mini-subs is battery-powered, with capacity 7 peaople (6 passengers + 1 crew pilot), max diving depth 300 m (980 ft). The submarine design features two transparent acrylic spheres (each with 3 seats) that flank the pilot’s station. Passenger seats are with custom-embroidered leather and mounted on a rotating platform. Submarine's optional equipment includes a 4K (HD) underwater camera with a video recording system. The recorded footages (photos and videos) are then uploaded and projected on board (at Discovery Center's large TV screens). One 6-function robotic/manipulator arm have max lifting capacity 32 kg (70,5 pounds) is mounted on minisub's side. Each minisub has Bluetooth stereo, champagne chiller, two air-conditioning systems, imaging sonar, advanced navigation system.
The first unit (Venture) is scheduled for June 2021, the second (yet to be named) - for May 2022. Venture's steel-cutting ceremony was held on June 8, 2019, in San Giorgio di Nogaro (Udine Province, Italy). The shipbuilding yard (owned by CI.MAR) is located near Venice City. CI.MAR (established in 2007) is a joint venture company of Cimolai Group (specializing in engineering and large steel construction works) and T. Mariotti Shipyards (specializing in building of luxury cruise ships and megayachts). CI.MAR's facilities in San Giorgio di Nogaro offer a 50,000+ m2 shipbuilding area equipped with complex lifting-maneuvering systems capable of handling constructions with weights up to 300 tons.
In April 2019, Seabourn contracted ABB Group (Swiss-Swedish corporation specializing in robotics, marine electrical power equipment, and automation technologies) to provide both ships' propulsion systems. The equipment integrates main diesel generators, switchboards, converters, remote control systems, plus two 6-MW Azipod (azimuth propulsion units), bow thruster motors and "ABB Ability 800xA". ABB Ability is a remote diagnostic system using Microsoft Azure (cloud computing). It monitors the ship's electrical systems and is connected 24-7 to ABB's infrastructure ashore (Collaborative Operations Center). The system monitors all linked devices and sends real-time data analytics for maintenance (predictive and planned) and online support. The contract was signed by Rick Meadows (Seabourn's President), Marco Ghiglione (T.Mariotti's Managing Director) and Marcus Hogblom (Director of ABB's Passenger Vessel division).
In 2008 was founded the holding company Genova Industrie Navali Group as a merger of two Genoa-based shipyards (San Giorgio del Porto, and T. Mariotti). In 2019, Genova Industrie Navali and Fincantieri (world's largest cruise ship builder) signed an agreement Fincantieri to purchase a minority stake in the new holding company, with an option to acquire a minority share in T. Mariotti. The deal allowed Fincantieri to use company's Genoa port facilities for mega-yacht and medium-size ship construction, outfitting, repairs, conversions, refurbishments, and shipbreaking (dismantling and recycling).
The financing deal for both Seabourn newbuilds (Venture and TBN-2022) was signed in late-June 2019. The money transaction (to Mariotti Group) for the newbuilds was done by Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (Italian banking group), Banca IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) and Mediocredito Italiano SpA (Italian commercial bank).
Seabourn Venture User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review