Norwegian Encore Review and Specifications
Specifications of Norwegian Encore
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 700 million (USD 920 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||326 m / 1070 ft|
|Beam (width)||42 m / 138 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||167725 gt|
|Passengers||3802 - 4620|
|Decks with cabins||12|
Review of Norwegian Encore
Launched in 2019, Norwegian Encore cruise ship is the fourth (last) Breakaway Plus-class NCL vessel – together with the sisterships Norwegian Escape (2015), Norwegian Joy (2017) and Norwegian Bliss (2018). Encore is NCL's 13th vessel built by Meyer Werft (Papenburg Germany).
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American). In 2017, the brand NCL had worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue). NCLH (shipowner) owns the brands NCL, Oceania and RSSC (Regent).
In comparison to NCL Breakaway-class, the 167,800-ton, 4,200-passenger cruise ship Norwegian Encore hass an expanded The Haven – “ship within a ship” leisure concept. This is area an exclusive accessible only by keycard. There are an outdoor terrace, private restaurant, courtyard area covered with retractable roof, swimming pool, whirlpools, spa treatment rooms, sauna, private sundeck. Other differences from the Breakaway-class are more Haven Suites, Penthouses, Spa Suites, Studios (single cabins).
Cruise itinerary program
Norwegian Encore itinerary program is based on homeport Miami Florida (USA) roundtrips (Sunday departures) on 7-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries with call ports San Juan Puerto Rico, St Thomas USVI and Tortola BVI.
Previously (in 2017), NCL announced that the liner will be deployed in Asia and homeported in China.
Most Norwegian Encore staterooms are 170-tt2 Balcony rooms (1088). There are a total of 2206 staterooms in 42 categories. 47 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest staterooms are the Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suites (900 ft2). The ship offers 82 single cabins (studio staterooms designed for solo travelers) with virtual views and exclusive Studio Lounge. The ship also features many family cabins (connecting staterooms) across most categories.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Norwegian Encore's à la carte specialty dining at the signature specialty restaurants onboard provides passengers with the freedom to savor gourmet dishes, various tastes and the flexibility to choose the number of courses to enjoy during the meal. On Norwegian Encore guests can choose between 11 complimentary dining options. They can also experience new flavors at signature specialty restaurants, such as Le Bistro, La Cucina, Cagney’s Steakhouse and Bayamo by James Beard Award winning chef Jose Garces. Norwegian’s signature specialty restaurants feature enhanced menus including favorite dishes and new tastes. Whether passengers prefer a light meal of a favorite soup or appetizer, or indulge in a dinner featuring Maine lobster, with the new à la carte options, they have the opportunity to create their own, desired dining experience.
- The shipboard dining options feature a Texas steakhouse (barbecue eatery named Q), with live country music. The menu includes brisket, chicken, ribs and sausages smoked over oak, pecan and hickory woods. A modern Mexican restaurant is named Los Lobos (first debuted on Norwegian Dawn in 2016).
- Adjacent to Los Lobos is The A-List Bar, serving handcrafted cocktails, premium spirits and wines.
Norwegian Encore also boasts a full-service Starbucks store. The first Starbucks at sea was opened in 2010 on Allure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). Another new for NCL amenity is the chocolate-themed dessert outlet Coco’s, serving handmade pralines, crepes, truffles and other treats paired with specialty teas and coffees.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Encore restaurants and food bars.
- Savor Restaurant (Main Dining Room /complimentary) features traditional Chinese cuisine offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The Manhattan Room (Main Dining Room, aft location) with a dance floor for the evening dance show, featuring traditional Chinese cuisine and Western dishes.
- Taste Restaurant (Main Dining Room /complimentary) serves contemporary Chinese cuisine.
- “Private Room at Taste” (group private dining, 100 seats capacity, own lounge area)
- The Local Bar and Grill (complimentary venue which is an updated take on the popular O’Sheehan’s Pub. The menu showcases similar offerings, such as Fish and Chips, Chicago Style Hot Dog, and some new additions like Tortilla Bowl. The grill is open 24 hours per day serving up different menus depending on the time of day guests choose to dine).
- Q Texas Smokehouse is a BBQ restaurant featuring live country music. It serves authentic Texas-style barbecue including smoked meats, pulled pork, brisket, beef and pork ribs, and side items.
- Teppanyaki is the Japanese Hibachi specialty restaurant (reservations’-only, at surcharge US$29 pp, kids charged a full cover). The Teppanyaki restaurant is open for Lunch (12-1:30 pm) and Dinner (5:30-10 pm). It features live cooking demonstrations and traditionally prepared (a la carte priced) specialties, including sushi, fruit sashimi, Yakitori grill, a sake menu.
- Food Republic is a new and exclusive dining concept (via partnership with the Pubbelly Restaurant Group). This specialty restaurant is open lunch through dinner, offers international cuisine with a la carte menu and iPad ordering system.
- La Cucina is the Italian specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge US$15 PP, kids charged a full cover). The Cucina restaurant is open between 5:30-9:30 pm and has large tables. The NCL Encore’s Italian dining experience is marked by a casual atmosphere and large portions (perfect for family dinners) and traditional Italian fine wines and gourmet cuisine specialties – pizzas, pastas, seafood, classic salads, freshly baked breads, desserts (including ice cream). La Cucina additionally has a separate outdoor seating terrace (waterfront) area.
- Ocean Blue is a specialty restaurant serves fresh fish dishes.
- Cagney’s Steakhouse is a specialty dinner restaurant (open 5:30-10:30 pm) for prime steaks (Certified Angus Beef) and gourmet seafood specialties. The Cagney’s restaurant is reservations-only, with cover charge US$30 per person and a free Kids Menu. At Cagney’s, kids are charged a full cover. Additionally, the steakhouse is open for suite-guests only serving Breakfast (7:30-9:30 am) and Lunch (12-1:30 pm).
- Le Bistro is the French specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge US$20 per person, kids charged a full cover). The intimate and romantic Bistro restaurant is dinner-only (open between 5:30-10:30 pm) and offers some of the NCL Encore ship’s best luxury dining experiences with its upscale amenities, superior whiteglove service, sophisticated cuisine with a vintage wines selection and classic French gourmet specialties in the menu. During the day, Le Bistro hosts food and wine tasting events.
- American Diner is a specialty American Bar & Grill restaurant (outdoor seating, at surcharge of US$9 pp) which offers complimentary fast food choices and live music performances during the day.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Encore vessel features expanded 55-suite Haven, a spacious sundeck, 2 whirlpools, private dining and specialty restaurants, expanded courtyard, outdoor terrace, Thermal suite, treatment rooms (14 – suite Heaven SPA) and fitness center.
NCL Encore is world's third cruise ship (together with NCL Joy and NCL Bliss) fitted with Ferrari racetrack (deck 19). The racetrack is built by RiMO Supply (RiMO Germany Group) and operated via partnership with Scuderia Ferrari Watches. This is also the first ever branded Formula 1 race car track.
- The 2-level track spans on 2 decks and offers incredible seaviews at height of 60 m (200 ft). It has capacity up to 10 racers at a time on electric go-karts (Ferrari branded).
- The GoCars can reach speeds up to 40 mph (65 kph). In comparison to the sister-ship Norwegian Joy, Encore's racetrack is 40% longer and has 10 turns (Joy has 8), two of which are cantilevered over the ship's side.
- Passengers booked in Concierge and The Haven staterooms enjoy complimentary rides with bookings. The used by RiMO technology ensures optimal usage under intensified UV conditions and saltwater exposure.
- In comparison to NCL Joy, the racetrack on Norwegian Encore is larger (extending 4 m / 13 ft off ship's both sides) and upgraded with a covered open-air viewing area (in the centre). There passengers can measure go-karts speeds by tagging the passing race cars with a laser beam.
NCL Encore also features an open-air laser tag course (top deck), Aqua Park with Double Aqua Loop (two multi-deck waterslides - one hull-extending loop, one with transparent loop section stretching down to the below deck) and 2 racing slides (high-speed inner tubes with length over 110 m / 360 ft) both with a transparent section.
Pool Deck 16 has 2 swimming pools (located away from midship) and cantilevered whirlpools (hot tubs over ship's sides). A top-deck water fun kids zone has splash pads, tipping buckets, water cannons and slides.
Entertainment options also include the NCL's FIREWORKS show (on each voyage), "Rock of Ages", "Cirque Dreams", "Illusionarium" (magicians show).
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Encore lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Encore Theatre (800-seat; features Broadway-style musical productions; two grand-shows per night). Theater's signature programming features the ship-exclusive “Kinky Boots" (Tony Award-winning musical with original Cyndi Lauper songs) and "Four Seasons" musical (NCL exclusive production show by Warren Carlyle / themed on Cuba’s culture - dancing, music, costumes).
- Atrium “678 Ocean Place” is 3-decks high, open-floor designed midship area with live entertainment and big-size LED screen for movies.
- Chess & Card Room, Library, Internet Cafe (open 24-hour), Meeting Rooms; Photo Studio & Shop; Art Gallery
- Reception (Guest Services Desk- assistance, reservations, information); Shore Excursions Desk (information, planning, booking)
- Starbucks Coffee featuring the full menu Starbucks has to offer.
- Social Comedy and Night Club
- Maltings Whiskey Bar; Horizon Lounge
- Mixx Bar (piano bar) is a modern pre-dinner gathering spot.
- Encore Casino is a premium gaming lounge with large-size LED screens and served by Skyline Bar. VIP Casino is a high-stateks gambling room (part of the Casino lounge).
- Skyline Bar offers cocktails before dinner. Guests can meet friends after a show or press their luck with the bar-top poker screens.
- Promenade Deck’s best feature is the Waterfront Promenade. It offers an unique open-air deck experience by several seaside venues with outdoor seating. The list of the venues features shops, bars, restaurants, a 1/4 ml long boardwalk (outdoor area with shaded seating) located 8 stories above the water.
- District Brew House has a keg room and offers a selection of 50 bottled beers and 24 draft beers on tap (including the new Wynwood brew). The venue is operated via the NCL partnership with the Miami’s Wynwood Brewing Company.
- Humidor is the ship’s smoking-allowed / cigar lounge and bar.
- The Cellars Wine Bar is operated via NCL partnership with Mondavi, and offers premium wines and tapas-style a la carte menu. The Wine Bar has a separate room for wine tastings (with sommelier service), and outdoor seating area on The Waterfront.
- Sugarcane Mojito Bar features live Latin music performances.
- Tradewinds Tax & Duty Free Shops are duty-free retails selling alcohol, tobaccos, NCL-logoed merchandise, jewelry, watches, perfumes and cosmetics, brand fashion and accessories, special occasion gifts. The shopping complex includes Tides Boutique, Cartier, Omega, Bvlgari, Fine Watches, The Time Zone, Salvatore Ferragamo, Versace, Bally, Godiva (gourmet sweets, including truffles, premium chocolates, soft-serve ice cream), also Beauty Shop.
- The Cavern Club Lounge (replica of Liverpool's music club) offers Beatles music, tribute bands performances and "The Choir of Man” crew show (dynamic performances with live percussions, high-energy music, dancing and foot stomping by 9 crew performers).
- Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services by professional onboard photographers)
- The A-List Bar serves handcrafted cocktails, premium spirits and wines.
- Observation Lounge & Bar is a VIP lounge exclusive for Concierge Level passengers with a delicious buffet available for light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.
- Garden Cafe is a buffet-style casual restaurant, plus an Open-Air Garden Cafe (outdoor seating area). It offers traditional Asian cuisine as well as specialty dishes from all around the world.
- Waves Bar is a casual outdoor bar serving guests' favourite cocktails.
- Aqua Park (3-decks high, with 2 pools, 5 multi-level waterslides / Ocean Loop; 2 racing-slides, “Free Fall” drop-slides; 4 Whirlpools, poolside bar, Sun Deck area); Kids'Aqua Park
- Splash Academy (kids 3-12 yo, is 2-story high, offers themed activities, with light-up floor (for interactive dancing), circus school (with resident clown), Nintendo and PS3 console games, kids-only cinema, crafts-arts, pirate parades. The area hosts also the Guppies Nursery (toddlers 6 months to 2 yo) and the Kid’s Aqua Park (splash pool, Nickelodeon characters entertainment).
- NCL Encore ship’s Mandara Spa & Fitness complex is consisting of: Thermal Suite (heated loungers, sauna, steam rooms, solarium), Salt Room (halotherapy room), Beauty Salon, Foot Clinic, Barber Shop, Medi Spa (teens), Aerobics Studio (classes).
- Entourage Teen Centre is a teens-only club lounge for kids 13-17 yo (complimentary, supervised by certified counselors). The teen lounge has Video Games Arcade, large TVs for movies, PlayStation 3 gaming consoles, game tables (pinball, foosball, air hockey). Here are hosted themed parties (dance, pool, pizza) and teen discos in the evenings.
- Galaxy Pavilion is a an indoor complex for virtual-world and multi-player gaming, equipped with interactive video walls and virtual reality technology.
- “The Haven” complex is for Villa- and Suite passengers only, and consists of “The Haven Courtyard” (has a retractable roof, adults only pool area, 2 Whirlpools), spa, steam room, gym room), “The Haven Restaurant” and “The Haven Lounge & Bar” (offering a delicious limited buffet for breakfast and lunch with delicious traditional Chinese and Western cuisine).
- Spice H2O (lower level 1 of 2) is an adult-only relaxation area, with 1 pool, 2 Whirlpools, huge outdoor LED screen, poolside Bar, Grill.
- Pulse Fitness Centre features Technogym equipment and a separate Aerobics Studio for classes, among which Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, boxing, TRX).
- Sports Complex has a Bungee Trampoline, Spider Web (climbing wall with spiral slide), Mini Golf and Ropes Courses, Zip Line, The Plank (walking platform); combined sports court (basketball/volleyball), Race Track (Ferrari TM go-karts), Rock Climbing Wall, Jogging Track.
- Race Track is operated with 10 electric carts and 5-6 min race sessions. Go-Karts are decorated with different companies' logos.
- Laser Battle is an open-air laser tag course with obstacles and a large-size touch screen for kids.
- Vibe Beach Club is an adults-only relaxation area (surcharges per day apply) with cantilevered whirlpools, sunbathing area with sun loungers and luxury chaise lounge chairs, outdoor bar, private cabanas.
Galaxy Pavilion (930 m2 / 10,000 ft2 sized gaming center) is equipped with interactive video walls and Oculus virtual reality technology. The equipment includes three XD Dark Ride Motion simulators (with 3D real-time graphics, 3D Virtual Surround Sound, multi-sensory effects), six Xbox stations, Star Wars Battle Pod (arcade game), hovercraft bumper cars.
Norwegian Encore wiki
On January 31, 2018, was held the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony at Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg Germany. With this officially started the ship's construction. The ceremony was attended by NCL executives gathered at the yard's laser cutting center. The ship's delivery was scheduled for October 31, 2019.
On November 28, 2018, was vessel's keel-laying ceremony. The special event was a construction milestone and featured the traditional “commemorative coin” placing (within the keel blocks) and a surprise “Kinky Boots” live performance by “The Choir of Man” (9 crew show).
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2019
On March 22, 2018, were opened the NCL Encore bookings on all Caribbean 2019 voyages. The inaugural season (November 2019 through April 2020) offers Miami roundtrips (Sunday departures) on 7-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries with call ports San Juan Puerto Rico, St Thomas USVI and Tortola BVI.
Next tables show the ship's "Inaugural Cruise" itineraries with call ports times and prices per person (USD, based on double occupancy Inside Cabin rates).
11-day "Inaugural Cruise" Europe-USA (repositioning from Southampton to Miami) - from USD 1200 pp
|02 Nov||Departing from Southampton, England|
|06 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores|
|13 Nov||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
7-day Inaugural Caribbean cruise from Miami - from USD 1000 pp
|17 Nov||Departing from Miami, Florida|
|19 Nov 17:00 - 23:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|20 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Tortola Island, Road Town, BVI|
|24 Nov||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Norwegian Encore - user reviews and comments
Photos of Norwegian EncoreAdd Photo
Norwegian Encore ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Today, November 28, at Meyer Werft shipyard, Norwegian Cruise Line held a keel laying ceremony for its Norwegian Encore, unveiling award-winning...November 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line revealed that award-winning Spanish artist, Eduardo Arranz-Bravo, has created the hull artwork for the 4th and final ship...September 12, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line officially opened bookings for the latest addition to its fleet and 4th Breakaway-Plus class ship, Norwegian Encore. Caribbean...March 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Meyer Werft today started the construction of the newest Breakaway Plus ship in Papenburg. Norwegian Cruise Line unveiled the ship will be named...January 31, 2018
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Encore Itineraries
The below listed Norwegian Encore cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Norwegian Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Nov 02||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Miami||Southampton||$949|
|2019 Nov 17||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$849|
|2019 Nov 24||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2019 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2019 Dec 08||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2019 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2019 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1499|
|2019 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1499|
|2020 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2020 Jan 12||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2020 Jan 19||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2020 Jan 26||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2020 Feb 02||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2020 Feb 09||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$949|
|2020 Feb 16||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$949|
|2020 Feb 23||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$949|
|2020 Mar 01||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$949|
|2020 Mar 08||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$999|
|2020 Mar 15||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1049|
|2020 Mar 22||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1049|
|2020 Mar 29||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1049|
|2020 Apr 05||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1049|
|2020 Apr 12||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$999|
|2020 Apr 22||4 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$549|
|2020 Apr 26||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$849|
|2020 May 03||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$849|
|2020 May 10||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$899|
|2020 May 17||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$949|
|2020 May 24||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$999|
|2020 May 31||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$999|
|2020 Jun 07||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1099|
|2020 Jun 14||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1199|
|2020 Jun 21||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1299|
|2020 Jun 28||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1299|
|2020 Jul 05||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1299|
|2020 Jul 12||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1299|
|2020 Jul 19||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1299|
|2020 Jul 26||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1299|
|2020 Aug 02||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1249|
|2020 Aug 09||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1249|
|2020 Aug 16||7 days, round-trip Bermuda from New York||New York||$1199|
|2020 Nov 22||7 days, round-trip Bahamas from New York||New York||$899|
|2020 Nov 29||13 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$1399|
|2020 Dec 12||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$749|
|2020 Dec 19||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1399|
|2020 Dec 26||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1399|
|2021 Jan 02||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2021 Jan 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2021 Jan 16||12 days, round-trip Picturesque Panama Canal, Costa Rica, and Cartagena from Miami||Miami||$1599|
|2021 Jan 28||4 days, round-trip Bahamas from Miami||Miami||$399|
|2021 Feb 01||12 days, round-trip Picturesque Panama Canal, Costa Rica, and Cartagena from Miami||Miami||$1599|
|2021 Feb 13||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$649|
|2021 Feb 19||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$599|
|2021 Feb 24||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$549|
|2021 Mar 01||12 days, round-trip Picturesque Panama Canal, Costa Rica, and Cartagena from Miami||Miami||$1599|
|2021 Mar 13||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2021 Mar 20||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2021 Mar 27||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$899|
|2021 Apr 03||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$849|