Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Prima current position
Current itinerary of Norwegian Prima
Norwegian Prima current cruise is 14 days, one-way from New York to Galveston. Prices start from USD 539 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 01 Dec, 2023 and ends on 15 Dec, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|01 Dec 16:00||Departing from New York, NYC Manhattan-Brooklyn hotels|
|04 Dec 11:30 - 19:30||Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana|
|05 Dec 11:00 - 20:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|06 Dec 06:00 - 13:00||Tortola Island BVI, Road Town, UK Virgin Islands|
|07 Dec 14:00 - 22:00||Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles|
|08 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles|
|09 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles|
|11 Dec 07:00 - 16:00||Falmouth Jamaica|
|12 Dec 07:00 - 14:30||Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour|
|13 Dec 09:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya|
|15 Dec 08:00||Arriving in Galveston, Texas hotels|
Specifications of Norwegian Prima
|Year of build||2022 / Age: 1|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 730 million (USD 850 millioan)|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila ( MW / 0 hp)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||44 m / 144 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||143535 gt|
|Passengers||3215 - 3950|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Norwegian Viva, Norwegian Aqua, NCL 2026, NCL 2027|
|Former names||Fincantieri Marghera 6298|
|Christened by||Katy Perry|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
Norwegian Prima Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Nov 20||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to New York||Barcelona||$499|
|2023 Dec 01||14 days, one-way from New York to Galveston||New York||$539|
|2023 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$739|
|2023 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$1449|
|2023 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$1399|
|2024 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$839|
|2024 Jan 12||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$699|
|2024 Jan 19||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$629|
|2024 Jan 26||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$699|
|2024 Feb 02||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$699|
|2024 Feb 09||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$769|
|2024 Feb 16||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$819|
|2024 Feb 23||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$829|
|2024 Mar 01||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$699|
|2024 Mar 08||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$1289|
|2024 Mar 15||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$729|
|2024 Mar 22||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$839|
|2024 Mar 29||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$889|
|2024 Apr 05||11 days, one-way from Galveston to Miami||Galveston||$939|
|2024 Apr 16||11 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$1219|
|2024 Apr 27||15 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York||$1039|
|2024 May 12||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$1989|
|2024 May 23||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1799|
|2024 Jun 02||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2119|
|2024 Jun 13||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$2019|
|2024 Jun 23||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2349|
|2024 Jul 04||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1889|
|2024 Jul 14||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2339|
|2024 Jul 25||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$2039|
|2024 Aug 04||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2169|
|2024 Aug 15||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$2039|
|2024 Aug 25||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$1939|
|2024 Sep 05||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$2139|
|2024 Sep 15||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2139|
|2024 Sep 26||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$2119|
|2024 Oct 06||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Civitavecchia-Rome||Southampton||$1889|
|2024 Oct 18||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Athens Florence||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1769|
|2024 Oct 28||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Athens Florence||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1539|
|2024 Nov 07||16 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to New York||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1459|
|2024 Nov 23||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$899|
|2024 Nov 30||11 days, round-trip Caribbean Bermuda Dominican Republic||New York||$1419|
|2024 Dec 11||10 days, round-trip Caribbean Bermuda Dominican Republic||New York||$1089|
|2024 Dec 21||12 days, round-trip Caribbean Bermuda Dominican Republic||New York||$2489|
|2025 Jan 02||15 days, one-way from New York to Galveston||New York||$1419|
|2025 Jan 17||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Cozumel Dominican Republic||Galveston||$1469|
|2025 Jan 31||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Cozumel Dominican Republic||Galveston||$1469|
|2025 Feb 14||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$799|
|2025 Feb 21||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$799|
|2025 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$799|
|2025 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$1039|
|2025 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$849|
|2025 Mar 21||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Galveston||$849|
|2025 Apr 01||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$749|
|2025 Apr 27||14 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York||$1839|
|2025 May 11||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$1899|
|2025 May 22||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1699|
|2025 Jun 01||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$1889|
|2025 Jun 12||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1749|
|2025 Jun 22||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2049|
|2025 Jul 03||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1799|
|2025 Jul 13||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$2049|
|2025 Jul 24||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1799|
|2025 Aug 03||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$1939|
|2025 Aug 14||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1699|
|2025 Aug 24||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$1899|
|2025 Sep 04||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$1659|
|2025 Sep 14||14 days, round-trip Iceland Reykjavik, Belfast Paris||Southampton||$2399|
Norwegian Prima Review
Review of Norwegian Prima
The 2022-built Norwegian Prima cruise ship is the first of all six PRIMA-Class NCL liners constructed in Italy by Fincantieri (Marghera Yard/Venice). By volume (142500 GT-tons) Prima's sistership is Viva (2023). From the PRIMA PLUS series are the 10% larger (158000 GT-tons) sisterships Aqua (2025) and TBN4 (2026), as well as the 20% larger (172000 GT-tons) sisterships TBN5 (2027) and TBN6 (2028).
NCL PRIMA class unit's building cost is EUR 730 million (USD 850M).
The design is based on 20 decks, 1646 staterooms, gross-tonnage/volume 142500 GT-tons, passenger capacity 3215 (double occupancy), 16 elevators (passenger lifts, including 2 dedicated to The Haven complex). The Haven complex (public areas and all the 107 staterooms) were designed by the Italian interior design company Lissoni & Partners (Piero Lissoni).
NCL Prima's hull artwork was designed by Manuel Di Rita (aka Peeta/Italian graffiti artist).
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American).
In 2017, the brand NCL had a worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue).
Decks and Cabins
Norwegian Prima staterooms (1646 total) are in 35 grades and 7 types - The Haven Suites (107x total), Suites, Club Balcony Suites (Mini-Suites), Balcony-Oceanview- Interior staterooms, and Studios (single-occupancy Interior cabins / no single supplement is required). The NCL PRIMA design boasts 18x Suite categories (including the fleet's first 3-bedroom suites) and the NCL's biggest-ever Inside-, Oceanview- and Balcony staterooms.
The ship has a total of 41 handicap staterooms (ADA-certified, wheelchair-accessible cabins) in the following categories/types: HB-Haven Aft Penthouse (1), BA-BB-BF-Balcony (16), O4-Oceanview (7), IA-IB-IF-Inside (17). "Guaranteed" cabin categories are MX-Club Balcony Suite, BX-Balcony, OX-Oceanview, IX-Inside.
The smallest category is T1-Studio (95 ft2 / 9 m2). Inside cabins are sized 160-255 ft2 (15-24 m2). Oceanview cabins are with a Large Round Window and in types Standard (185 ft2 / 17 m2), Large (235 ft2 / 22 m2) and Family (235-370 ft2 / 22-34 m2). Balcony cabins vary in sizes between 230-270-360 ft2 (21-25-34 m2), with step-out balconies sized between 45-70-100 ft2 (4-7-9 m2). The largest accommodation is The Haven Premier Owner's Suite (capacity 8 passengers) sized 2100 ft2 (195 m2) and with a wraparound terrace sized 830 ft2 (77 m2).
The boat has 20 decks, of which 16 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
Staff/crew cabins are 912.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
NCL's PRIMA-class ship design features more and larger public spaces (both indoor and outdoor), smaller passenger capacity (in comparison to the preceding designs/BREAKAWAY and BREAKAWAY PLUS), new dining and entertainment options, a total of 35x dining venues and bars/lounges (including 7x fleet-first food venues), higher service levels.
The Waterfront (outdoor Promenade deck space found on other NCL vessels) was reimagined by doubling the space on Ocean Boulevard. The 360-degree Promenade complex (sized 44000 ft2 / 4090 m2) completely wraps around the entire deck 8, offering unobstructed seaviews and housing multiple spaces. The Ocean Boulevard features two large infinity pools, Oceanwalk (glass-bottomed bridges), Indulge Food Hall (NCL's first open-air marketplace), The Concourse (outdoor sculpture garden with "selfie" installations/metal sculptures by Alexander Krivosheiw and David Harber.
Penrose Atrium is NCL's first 3-level atrium (spanning decks 6-7-8). The glass-walled Atrium is marked by scenic sea views, futuristic architecture, a 3-ton crystal chandelier (custom-built by Lasvit / Czechia, constellations-themed), a full-height wall artwork (resembling a topographic map), retail shops and bars on each level (including Starbucks Coffee Shop, Whiskey Bar, Penrose Bar, Prima Casino).
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Prima restaurants and food bars.
- The aft-located "Indulge Food Hall" (with a Firepit) is an open-air Marketplace that houses total 11x eateries (with indoor-outdoor seating, 120 items in 3x different menus/breakfast, lunch, dinner), Luna Bar, Indulge Outdoor Lounge, Soleil Bar, Waves Pool Bar, Prima Speedway Bar, a seating area serving Starbucks coffee.
- "Los Lobos Cantina" is new for NCL dining concept. Los Lobos is a la carte-priced restaurant that has both indoor and outdoor seating and offers traditional Mexican cuisine specialties. The menu includes tableside-made guacamole, fresh-baked corn tortillas, Tacos Al Pastor (with marinated pork, similar to doner kebabs/gyros), Chicken Enchiladas de Mole, handcrafted cocktails.
- "Onda by Scarpetta" is an Italian specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge, kids charged a full cover) with both indoor and outdoor seating. The Onda restaurant is open between 5:30-9:30 pm and has large tables. The liner's Italian dining experience is marked by a casual atmosphere and large portions (perfect for family dinners) and traditional fine Italian wines and gourmet cuisine specialties - including oven-baked pizzas, homemade daily pasta, top-quality seafood, classic salads, freshly-baked bread, gourmet desserts (including gelato ice cream). Onda by Scarpetta features an outdoor terrace (Waterfront seating area).
- "Coco's" (patisserie shop) serves artisan sweet treats.
- "Seaside Rotisserie" offers a variety of grilled and spit-roasted meat dishes.
- "Nudls" is a food bar offering noodle dishes and global street food.
- "Tamara" serves classic Indian dishes along with multiple vegetarian options.
- "Tapas Food Truck" offers Spanish-inspired street food.
- "Q Texas Smokehouse" offers Southern USA comfort food and barbecue dishes.
- "The Local Bar & Grill" provides a beach club experience and serves classic American cuisine and premium cocktails.
- "Garden Kitchen" offers customized salads with 12+ ingredients to choose from.
- "The Concourse" is an outdoor sculpture garden (located midship-starboard) featuring an art wall designed by David Harber (who specializes in outdoor sculptures, sundials and water features) and 6x "Instagrammable/selfie" installations by Alexander Krivosheiw and David Harber, both specializing in bronze and aluminum sculptures. The cruise ship's 7x sculptures are valued at USD 2+ million (~EUR 1,7M).
- "La Terraza" is an open-air Promenade lounge featuring a quaint retreat with forward-facing sea views.
- "Infinity Beach" (sundeck) has 2 infinity swimming pools (at the edge of the deck / aft-midship) and two Oceanwalks (glass-bottom bridges / midship) - a first feature for the NCL brand.
- Palomar (specialty Mediterranean seafood restaurant)
- Hasuki (specialty Japanese hibachi restaurant, decorated with original Japanese artworks and handcrafted pottery)
- Nama (specialty Japanese sashimi and sushi bar house)
- Le Bistro (specialty French restaurant)
- Cagney's Steakhouse is a specialty dinner restaurant (open 5:30-10:30 pm) for prime steaks (Certified Angus Beef) and gourmet seafood specialties. The Cagney's restaurant is reservations-only, with a cover charge of US$30 per person and a free Kids Menu. At Cagney's, kids are charged a full cover. Additionally, the steakhouse is open for suite guests only serving Breakfast (7:30-9:30 am) and Lunch (12-1:30 pm).
- Food Republic (Asian-fusion restaurant) is an exclusive dining concept (via a partnership with the Pubbelly Restaurant Group). This specialty restaurant is open lunch through dinner, and offers international cuisine with a la carte menu and an iPad ordering system.
- Observation Lounge & Bar (also has telescopes)
- Humidor Cigar Lounge (cigar shop and bar)
- The Belvedere Bar (cocktail lounge)
- Metropolitan Bar is NCL's first "sustainable bar" serving zero-waste cocktails, "green spirits" (produced with renewable energy), 20+ biodynamic wines (organically farmed).
- Surfside Cafe and Surfside Grill offer self-serve casual food and a-la-minute items (upon request).
Both MDRs/Main Dining Rooms are aft-positioned (The Commodore Room/deck 6, and Hudson's Room/deck 7) and with revamped fixed menus that offer a sampling of various international dishes, fully vegetarian and vegan options, as well as build-your-own-pasta (24 combinations/custom-made dishes can be requested by selecting the Italian pasta, sauce, topping) plus Specialties menu (you can select/sample a dish from one of the specialty restaurants).
Other onboard culinary choices include "The Latin Quarter" (classic Latin food with a twist), "Just Desserts" (including pies and cakes), "Just Ice Cream".
"The Haven by Norwegian" on PRIMA-class NCL ships (designed by Piero Lissoni & Partners) spans 8 decks and groups suites, public areas, and exclusive venues, all positioned in the aft/stern section.
NCL's luxury "ship-within-a-ship" ( exclusive/keycard-access-only) complex has 107x Haven Suites (aft-positioned) and 2x private elevators - exclusively for Haven passengers. The aft lifts rise into The Haven's public areas and interconnect decks 6 through 18. For the first time, every public area offers sea views from floor-ceiling windows. The Haven Sundeck is an exclusive sunbathing area with plenty of padded sun loungers and deckchairs and is located aft on decks 16-17.
- Deck 16's Sundeck has an infinity pool at the stern (swimming pool overlooking the ship's wake), an outdoor Spa (featuring a glass-walled Sauna Room and Cold Room), Concierge Desk, Haven Outdoor Restaurant, Haven Outdoor Lounge & Bar (offering a limited buffet for breakfast and lunch, with traditional Chinese and Western cuisine specialties).
- Deck 17's Haven Sundeck has two Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs) and outdoor Showers.
- Deck 18's Haven Sundeck has an infinity pool (with a stern-facing glass wall) and a large sunbathing area with padded loungers and Showers.
The 24-hour butler service is provided complimentary.
The ship's wellness complex groups the facilities of the Mandara Spa and the Pulse Fitness Center.
- The Gym is fitted with ultra-modern equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, steppers, free weights) and features a separate Aerobics Studio (for classes/spinning, yoga, pilates, dance, cardio, fitness and strength training, TRX workouts) and a Performance Recovery Room (for group fitness classes and gym workshops using Hyperice products).
- The indoor Spa features a charcoal Sauna Room and a 2-story/2-deck cascading waterfall, as well as Salt Room, Steam Room, Ice Room, Infrared Sauna, Finnish Sauna, Experiential Showers, Vitality Pool, Flotation Salt Pool, Relaxation Lounge (fitted with 22x hot-stone loungers), 20x Treatment Rooms (for massages), Changing/Locker Rooms.
With the PRIMA-class ships, NCL also introduced new spa services, including computer-controlled acoustic and vibrational therapies (via 2x Gharieni massage beds - Welnamis, and Wellmassage5D), as well as "Ocean Spa Wave Massage" (therapeutic warm wrap using sea plants and marine algae, based on seaweed masks, aromatherapy essential oils, massages/scalp and feet), "Zero Gravity Wellness Massage" (8x tables/the body is suspended on the treatment table) and ELEMIS' "Musclease Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap" (beneficial for rheumatism, arthritis, muscle spasms, fatigue, based on essential oils/pine and rosemary) and "Cellutox Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap" (reducing cellulite and fluid retention, based on detoxifying essential oils/juniper and lemon).
The Aqua Park (3-decks high) has 2x swimming pools, 5x multi-level waterslides (Ocean Loop), 2x racing slides (The Rush), 1x freefall dry slide (The Drop), "Tidal Wave" waterslide (fleet's first to allow innertube surfing), 4x Jacuzzies (2x infinity pools/hot tubs), poolside bar, sundeck/sunbathing area.
Vibe Beach Club is an adults-only relaxation area (surcharges per day apply) with cantilevered whirlpools (2x infinity spa pools/hot tubs), an outdoor pool bar, sunbathing area (with loungers and luxury chaise lounge chairs), private cabanas.
Syd Norman's Pour House (debuted on Norwegian Breakaway in 2018) is a rock-and-roll-themed bar lounge with live band music (all-time-greatest songs).
At the Headliners Comedy Club Lounge are presented the shows "The Second City" (comedy), "Howl At The Moon" (piano), "The Improv at Sea" (standup performances), "Science of Comedy" (intellectual).
The Sensoria Theatre Lounge (aka Prima Theater & Club Bar) spans 3 decks (6-7-8) and features a large stage (for live performances), a huge dance floor, customizable seating, a large LED moving screen lowering down from the ceiling (sized nearly half the venue's size), UHD media, surround sound, special visual effects. In the evenings, Sensoria transforms into a Vegas-style disco nightclub with live DJ programming and high-energy music.
Daily at Sensoria Theatre are held enrichment lectures, bingo, trivia games with prizes.
- Exclusively for NCL Prima was developed the interactive "Summer: The Donna Summer Musical" themed on the American singer and actress Donna Summer (born as LaDonna Adrian Gaines/1948-2012). The 75-minute show features 20+ of her hits including "Heaven Knows" (1978), "Last Dance" (1978, from the "Thank God It's Friday" film's soundtrack), "Hot Stuff" (1979), "Bad Girls" (1979), "Dim All the Lights" (1979).
- Sensoria Theatre also houses the NCL's series of interactive game shows "LIVE on NCL", featuring grand prizes and themed "The Price is Right", "Supermarket Sweep", "Press Your Luck", "Beat the Clock".
Norwegian Prima's interactive show productions are the first at sea when the Prima Theater transforms into a nightclub and all guests participate in the show. The shows were developed via partnership with Fremantle (fka FremantleMedia, British/London-based TV production and distribution company, subsidiary of the RTL Group/Luxembourg-based media broadcasting corporation). The theater lounge also hosts the 2022-debuted game show "The Price is Right LIVE".
Like all boats from the BREAKAWAY and BREAKAWAY PLUS series, NCL's Prima has the "Prima Speedway" (fleet's largest racetrack), "The Rush" (2-tube/dueling dry slides) and "The Drop" (world's first freefall dry slide/10-deck high).
"Prima Speedway" is NCL fleet's first racetrack on 3 levels/decks (the old racetracks are 2-level), with a longer straightaway/straight section, 14 turns and total length 420 m (1378 ft), which is ~1/5th larger than the racetrack on Norwegian Encore (fleet's previous largest). The racetrack goes around and through the funnel/smokestack, max capacity 15 cars (racing simultaneously) and allows max speeds 50+ kph (30+ mph). The unique sports facility is served by the Speedway Bar (located beneath the racetrack).
The "Galaxy Pavilion" is an indoor complex for virtual-world and multi-player gaming, equipped with interactive video walls and virtual reality technology.
- On NCL Prima ship, the complex has 14 total attractions, including 4x new simulators and 2x Escape Rooms.
- Also new is the Topgolf Swing Suite (fleet's first golfing venue to deliver "social experiences") fitted with Topgolf's games (virtual golf courses, multi-player gaming) and powered by Full Swing Golf (the same simulation technology used by PGA Tour professionals).
- "The Bull's Eye" is a new competitive gaming experience (based on the classic darts game) featuring a video tracking system that automatically calculates each gamer's score and offers instant replays.
On Prima, NCL offers "Tee Time" (interactive mini-golfing) where gamers can play on a 9-hole Mini-Golf Course.
NCL debuted on Prima its own gin brand "'66 by Norwegian" (sustainably sourced, distilled and bottled in Nicaragua) named after NCL's founding year (1966). The new '66 Gin was first offered at Prima's Metropolitan Bar (aft-starboard on Deck 7). A new draft beer ('66 by Norwegian) was also introduced on Prima and first served at the Soleil Bar (aft of Deck 8). The new '66 beer (brewed by the 2002-founded, Athens GA USA-based Terrapin Beer Company) is with a citrus flavor.
The list of the rest of Norwegian Prima lounges, clubs, and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults include the following:
- Viva Theater & Club (Bar/Disco Nightclub) fka Sensoria Theatre Lounge
- Penrose Atrium
- Penrose Bar (a morning and late-night venue serving wine, beer, cocktails, and more)
- Cruise Next, Sales Office, Shore Excursions & Guest Services Desk
- Casino (VIP & Smoking)
- Belvedere Bar is a contemporary bar & cocktail lounge serving crafted bottled cocktails
- Splash Academy (kids 3-12 yo, is a 2-story facility with Nickelodeon-themed activities, a light-up floor (interactive dancing), a resident clown at the circus school, Nintendo and PS3 consoles, kids cinema, crafts-arts activities, pirate parades), Guppies Nursery (for kids 6 months to 2 yo), Kid's Aqua Park (with a splash pool, Nickelodeon characters entertainment).
- I-Connect Internet Cafe (24-hour), Art Gallery
- Whiskey Bar
- The Gateway mini mall offers various brands and items.
- Beauty by Design & Aficionados (shop) sells top-brand cosmetics/fragrances, including IT Cosmetics, NYX, Clinique, Chanel, Lancome, and more. Guests can save up to 50% on spirits, including Prima exclusives.
The ship's other shops include Roberto Coin (jewelry), Effy Jewelry, Timeless Luxury & Fine Watches, Pandora Jewelry & Lifestyles, The Zone & Eye Style, Tech @ Sea, Perspectives Photo Studio & Gallery.
Norwegian Prima itinerary program is based on European and Caribbean seasonal deployments with seasonal Transatlantic voyages (RepositionCruises.com) and three USA homeports - two in Florida (Port Canaveral, Miami) and one in Texas (Galveston/since 2023 December). Bookings opened on May 12, 2021. On May 17, NCL bragged that (by first-day bookings and week of sales) Prima has become the brand's most popular ship ever.
NCL Prima ship's Maiden Voyage was initially scheduled to start on August 17, 2022. The inaugural season included 10-day Baltic itineraries leaving from Amsterdam Holland and Copenhagen Denmark and visiting ports in Northern Europe (including Norway's Fjords).
- On September 22, 2022, departed the 12-day Transatlantic crossing from Southampton to NYC New York, with call ports in Scotland (Lerwick), Iceland (Reykjavik), and Nova Scotia Canada (Halifax).
- On October 10th started the inaugural ex-USA voyage (5-day to Bermuda) out of NYC.
- On October 15th started the 12-day relocation from NYC to Galveston Texas (first-ever time for NCL), visiting in the Caribbean Dominicana (Puerto Plata), The Netherlands' ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) and Mexico (Cozumel).
- On October 31st started the 11-day relocation from Galveston to PortMiami, visiting Cozumel, the ABC islands, and The Bahamas (Great Stirrup Cay, NCL's private island).
Between December 11, 2022, and March 19, 2023, the liner was based in Port Canaveral for 5-7-9-day roundtrips to Western Caribbean ports (Cozumel Mexico, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island, Great Stirrup Cay). Then the ship was shortly homeported in NYC (March through May 2023) for 5-7-day Bermuda cruises.
In summer 2023 (May 25-Nov 20), Norwegian Prima was deployed in Northern Europe (10-11-day "Norway and Iceland" itineraries leaving out of Reykjavik Iceland and Southampton England UK) and also in the Mediterranean (9-10-day voyages from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona).
From November 19 through December 3, 2023, Norwegian Prima cruises from PortMiami offering three 7-day Western Caribbean voyages to Harvest Caye Belize (NCL's private island), Cozumel Mexico, Roatan Island Honduras.
In September 2021 NCL announced that for season 2023-2024 Prima will be homeported in Galveston Texas. The 7-day Western Caribbean roundtrips visit Mexico (Cozumel, Costa Maya), Belize (Harvest Caye) and Honduras (Isla Roatan/Mahogany Bay), with call port stays between 8-9 hours.
Norwegian Prima - user reviews and comments
Photos of Norwegian PrimaAdd Photo
Norwegian Prima ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Cruise Lines International Association/CLIA UK & Ireland has officially announced a strategic collaboration with All Nippon Airways (ANA) in a...September 10, 2023
NCL's ship Norwegian Prima broke off her moorings in the afternoon of July 15th at Zeebrugge (Bruges, Belgium), due to strong winds. Gangways...July 17, 2023
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced that Luis Fonsi, a highly acclaimed singer, songwriter, musician, and producer, will be the godfather of their...June 24, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Belfast (Northern Ireland UK) can expect a GBP 20 million boost to its economy in 2023 as it pulls in a total of 170 cruise ship calls over a...March 7, 2023
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced the arrival of the new Norwegian Prima ship to Port Canaveral FL which will sail roundtrip Caribbean voyages...December 13, 2022
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line unveiled its winter 2024-2025 and summer 2025 voyages sailing to bucket-list destinations in Europe, Alaska, and the...December 12, 2022
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced the arrival of the new Norwegian Prima ship to her hometown of Miami Florida, where she is embarking on a couple...November 14, 2022
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced the completion of the first U.S. voyage of Norwegian Prima, which sailed roundtrip from Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ...October 11, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Northern Europe’s leading cruise homeport Southampton (England UK) welcomed NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, Norwegian Prima ...September 29, 2022
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line's ship Norwegian Prima got a rock star send-off this Saturday, August 27, when Katy Perry did the honours at an official...August 28, 2022
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Prima Wiki
On February 16, 2017, the shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) signed with Fincantieri an order for 4x NCL LEONARDO Class (renamed to "NCL PRIMA" in 2021) units for the NCL brand.
- The newbuilds were scheduled for deliveries in 2022 through 2025 (one ship per year), with an option for two more units to be added to the order in the future. On July 12, 2018, NCLH ordered two more units (PRIMA PLUS series) currently scheduled for deliveries in 2027 and 2028.
- The NCLH-Fincantieri deal was backed by CDP (Cassa Depositi e Prestiti SpA/1850-founded, Turino-based Italian investment bank) and SACE SpA (Servizi Assicurativi del Commercio Estero/1977-founded Italian Export Credit Agency).
- All shipbuilding orders were signed by Frank Del Rio (NCLH's President and CEO) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri SpA's CEO).
Next YouTube video is NCL's official release with renderings of the new-class cruiser.
The ship was launched (floated out from drydock at Marghera yard/near Venice Italy) on August 13, 2021. The float-out ceremony was attended by Harry Sommer (NCL's President and CEO) and Luigi Matarazzo (Fincantieri's Merchant Ships Division's General Manager).
The Norwegian Prima vessel was initially scheduled for delivery to NCLH (shipowner) on June 30, 2022, but was delayed to July 29th. The ceremony was held at the Marghera yard and attended by Harry Sommer (NCL), Pierroberto Folgiero (Fincantieri's CEO and Managing Director), Captain Roger Gustavsen (the ship's first Master), as well as by Frank Del Rio (NCLH's President and CEO).
Prima is the first of all six PRIMA-class (fka LEONARDO) units ordered by NCLH for its subsidiary NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line. The deliveries of all PRIMA-class units were originally planned for 2022 through 2027 (one vessel per year).
The vessel (Fincantieri Marghera yard/hull number 6298) has a powerplant based on 5x main Wartisla diesel engines - 3x model 8L46 (8-cylinder) and 2x model 12V46 (12-cylinder), plus 1x Caterpillar diesel generator (model 3516C HD) and 6x Alfa Laval auxiliary boilers (1x oil/gas fired plus 5x exhaust gas heated).
The propulsion system is diesel-electric and based on 3x bow thrusters (model Brunvoll FU115) and 2x aft thrusters (model ABB Azipod XO).
The registered shipowner is Leonardo One Ltd (subsidiary of NCLH) while as ship manager is listed NCL Bahamas Ltd.
Ship christening 2022
On March 17, 2022, NCL announced the name of the ship's godmother - Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (Katy Perry, 1984-born American singer, songwriter, "American Idol" judge).
- Having sold 143+ million records (as of 2022), Katy Perry is listed among the "best-selling artists of all time" (those with 75+ million record sales). She has 9x US No1 singles, 3x US No1 albums, 5x Billboard Music Awards, 5x American Music Awards, 1x Brit Award, 1x Juno Award.
- She also has 4x Guinness World Records - 2010 ("Best Start on the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist"/2+ million digital single copies sold), 2013 (female artist with five No1 "Billboard Hot 100" songs), 2014 (the most-watched show in history/Super Bowl XLIX halftime show, 118,5 million viewers in the USA), 2015 (for most Twitter followers).
- As of 2022, she has the most Twitter followers (100+ million).
- Since 2018, Katy Perry is among the judges on "American Idol" (2022-launched singing competition TV series, since 2018 aired on ABC).
NCL Prima's christening ceremony was initially scheduled for September 3, 2022 (to be held in Amsterdam Netherlands, right before the Maiden Voyage) but actually happened on August 27th, in Reykjavik Iceland. The "naming party" was attended by 2500+ guests.
The naming was in Reykjavik's Harpa Concert Hall (where are regularly scheduled live performances by the Iceland Symphony Orchestra, Icelandic Opera and Reykjavik Big Band). The special event was attended by Frank Del Rio (NCLH's President and CEO), Katy Perry (godmother) and Richard Ambrose (NCL's Senior VP of Entertainment and Cruise Programs). Performances were made by IDC-Iceland Dance Company (1973-established), Briet Isis Elfar (1999-born Icelandic singer), and the Iceland Symphony Orchestra's 8-person Cello Ensemble.
The ceremony was opened with a LED light show designed by the Icelandic-Danish artist Olafur Eliasson (1967-born).
Inaugural itineraries 2022
Next tables show the liner's Maiden Voyage and the first cruises by destination/homeport) with lowest prices per person with double occupancy.
(MAIDEN VOYAGE) 10-day from Amsterdam to Copenhagen (US$2250 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|03 Sep 16:00||Departing from Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|05 Sep 07:00 - 23:00||Kiel, Germany|
|06 Sep 06:00 - 21:30||Warnemunde-Rostock, Germany|
|07 Sep 14:30 - 22:00||Gdynia-Gdansk, Poland|
|09 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Tallinn, Estonia|
|10 Sep - 11 Sep||Stockholm, Sweden|
|13 Sep 07:00||Arriving in Copenhagen, Denmark|
(inaugural Transatlantic crossing) 12-day from the UK to USA (US $3730 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|23 Sep 17:00||Departing from Southampton, England|
|25 Sep 09:00 - 19:00||Kirkwall, Orkney Island, Scotland|
|27 Sep - 28 Sep||Reykjavik, Iceland|
|03 Oct 09:00 - 17:00||Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada|
|05 Oct 07:00||Arriving in NYC, New York/Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ|
(inaugural Bermuda) 5-day roundtrip out of NYC (US$985 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Oct 16:00||Departing from NYC|
|11 Oct 11:00 - 18:00||Norfolk, Virginia|
|13 Oct 09:00 - 15:00||Kings Wharf, Bermuda|
|15 Oct 07:00||Arriving in NYC|
(East Coast USA relocation) 12-day from New York to Texas (US$2045 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 Oct 16:00||Departing from NYC|
|18 Oct 12:00 - 20:00||Puerto Plata, Dominicana|
|20 Oct 08:00 - 19:00||Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles|
|21 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles|
|22 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles|
|25 Oct 07:00 - 14:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|27 Oct 07:00||Arriving in Galveston, Texas|
(repositioning) 11-day from Texas to Florida (US$2085 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|31 Oct 16:00||Departing from Galveston, Texas|
|02 Nov 11:00 - 19:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|05 Nov 10:00 - 20:00||Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles|
|06 Nov 08:00 - 20:00||Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles|
|07 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles|
|10 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas|
|11 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
(inaugural Caribbean from Miami) 7-day (US$1330 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Nov 16:00||Departing from Miami, Florida|
|21 Nov 10:00 - 18:00||Coxen Hole, Roatan Island, Honduras|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Harvest Caye Belize|
|23 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|24 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|26 Nov 07:00||Arriving in Miami|
(inaugural Caribbean from Port Canaveral) 5-day (US$980 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|11 Dec 16:00||Departing from Port Canaveral/Orlando, Florida|
|13 Dec 12:00 - 19:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|14 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|16 Dec 07:00||Arriving in Port Canaveral|