Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Viva current position
Current itinerary of Norwegian Viva
Norwegian Viva current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan. The itinerary starts on 06 Dec, 2023 and ends on 13 Dec, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|06 Dec 17:30||Departing from Miami, Florida hotels|
|08 Dec 12:00 - 18:00||Roatan Island, Mahogany Bay-Coxen Hole, Honduras|
|09 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Harvest Caye Belize, NCL private island|
|10 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya|
|11 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya|
|13 Dec 06:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida hotels|
Specifications of Norwegian Viva
|Year of build||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 730 million (USD 850 millioan)|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila ( MW / 0 hp)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||44 m / 144 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||143535 gt|
|Passengers||3219 - 3950|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Aqua, NCL 2026, NCL 2027|
|Former names||Fincantieri Marghera 6299|
|Christened by||Luis Alfonso Rodríguez Lopez-Cepero (aka Luis Fonsi)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
Norwegian Viva Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Dec 02||4 days, round-trip Bahamas Great Stirrup Cay Nassau||Miami|
|2023 Dec 06||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Miami|
|2023 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan|
|2023 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1179|
|2023 Dec 29||9 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba St. Lucia||San Juan||$1449|
|2024 Jan 07||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$999|
|2024 Jan 14||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$949|
|2024 Jan 21||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$899|
|2024 Jan 28||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$999|
|2024 Feb 04||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1079|
|2024 Feb 11||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1089|
|2024 Feb 18||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1129|
|2024 Feb 25||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1189|
|2024 Mar 03||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1179|
|2024 Mar 10||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1129|
|2024 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1329|
|2024 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1319|
|2024 Mar 31||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1279|
|2024 Apr 07||19 days, one-way from San Juan to Lisbon||San Juan||$2539|
|2024 Apr 26||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$1699|
|2024 May 06||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Trieste||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1839|
|2024 May 16||9 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens||Trieste||$2179|
|2024 May 25||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome||Piraeus-Athens||$1899|
|2024 Jun 04||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1899|
|2024 Jun 14||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$1949|
|2024 Jun 24||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Venice||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2199|
|2024 Jul 04||9 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens||Trieste||$2789|
|2024 Jul 13||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome||Piraeus-Athens||$2399|
|2024 Jul 23||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2099|
|2024 Aug 02||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$1949|
|2024 Aug 12||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Trieste||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1949|
|2024 Aug 22||9 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens||Trieste||$2179|
|2024 Aug 31||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome||Piraeus-Athens||$1699|
|2024 Sep 10||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1779|
|2024 Sep 20||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$2049|
|2024 Sep 30||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Venice||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1739|
|2024 Oct 10||9 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens||Trieste||$2089|
|2024 Oct 19||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome||Piraeus-Athens||$1749|
|2024 Oct 29||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1279|
|2024 Nov 08||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$1299|
|2024 Nov 18||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1299|
|2024 Nov 29||16 days, one-way from Lisbon to San Juan||Lisbon||$2719|
|2024 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1629|
|2024 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1649|
|2024 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1949|
|2025 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1349|
|2025 Jan 12||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1229|
|2025 Jan 19||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Tortola, St. Lucia Antigua||San Juan||$1069|
|2025 Jan 26||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1199|
|2025 Feb 02||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1139|
|2025 Feb 09||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1039|
|2025 Feb 16||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1089|
|2025 Feb 23||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1089|
|2025 Mar 02||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1039|
|2025 Mar 09||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1189|
|2025 Mar 16||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1069|
|2025 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Barbados, Antigua St. Lucia||San Juan||$1129|
|2025 Mar 30||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1189|
|2025 Apr 06||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao Aruba||San Juan||$1239|
|2025 Apr 13||13 days, one-way from San Juan to Lisbon||San Juan||$1559|
|2025 Apr 26||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$1799|
|2025 May 07||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Istanbul||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1989|
|2025 May 18||9 days, one-way from Istanbul to Haifa||Istanbul||$1639|
|2025 May 27||10 days, one-way from Haifa to Piraeus-Athens||Haifa||$1839|
|2025 Jun 06||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1799|
|2025 Jun 16||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1849|
|2025 Jun 26||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1889|
|2025 Jul 06||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1369|
|2025 Jul 13||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Mykonos||Piraeus-Athens||$1319|
|2025 Jul 20||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1349|
|2025 Jul 27||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Mykonos||Piraeus-Athens||$1319|
|2025 Aug 03||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1319|
|2025 Aug 10||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Mykonos||Piraeus-Athens||$1319|
|2025 Aug 17||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1279|
|2025 Aug 24||9 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1499|
|2025 Sep 02||9 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Rhodes Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1499|
|2025 Sep 11||9 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1489|
|2025 Sep 20||9 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Haifa||Piraeus-Athens||$1489|
|2025 Sep 29||10 days, one-way from Haifa to Istanbul||Haifa||$1769|
|2025 Oct 09||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens||Istanbul||$1499|
|2025 Oct 19||9 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1369|
|2025 Oct 28||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Trieste||Istanbul||$1469|
|2025 Nov 07||11 days, one-way from Trieste to Civitavecchia-Rome||Trieste||$1599|
|2025 Nov 18||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1469|
Norwegian Viva Review
Review of Norwegian Viva
The 2023-built Norwegian Viva cruise ship is the second of all six PRIMA-Class NCL liners constructed in Italy by Fincantieri (Marghera Yard/Venice). By volume (142500 GT-tons) Viva's sistership is Prima (2022). From the PRIMA PLUS series are the 10% larger (158000 GT-tons) sisterships Aqua (2025) and TBN4 (2026), as well as the 20% larger (172000 GT-tons) sisterships TBN5 (2027) and TBN6 (2028).
Each NCL PRIMA class unit's building cost is EUR 730 million (USD 850M).
The design is based on 20 decks, 1646 staterooms, gross-tonnage/volume 142500 GT-tons, passenger capacity 3215 (double occupancy), 16 elevators (passenger lifts, including 2 dedicated to The Haven complex). The Haven complex (public areas and all the 107 staterooms) were designed by the Italian interior design company Lissoni & Partners (Piero Lissoni).
Like the sistership Prima, NCL Viva's hull artwork will be designed by the Italian graffiti artist Manuel Di Rita (aka Peeta).
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American).
In 2017, the brand NCL had a worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue).
Decks and Cabins
Norwegian Viva staterooms (1646 total) are in 35 grades and 7 types - The Haven Suites (107x total), Suites, Club Balcony Suites (Mini-Suites), Balcony-Oceanview- Interior staterooms, and Studios (single-occupancy Interior cabins / no single supplement is required). The NCL PRIMA design boasts 18x Suite categories (including the fleet's first 3-bedroom suites) and the NCL's biggest-ever Inside-, Oceanview- and Balcony staterooms.
The ship has a total of 41 handicap staterooms (ADA-certified, wheelchair-accessible cabins) in the following categories/types: HB-Haven Aft Penthouse (1), BA-BB-BF-Balcony (16), O4-Oceanview (7), IA-IB-IF-Inside (17). "Guaranteed" cabin categories are MX-Club Balcony Suite, BX-Balcony, OX-Oceanview, IX-Inside.
The smallest category is T1-Studio (95 ft2 / 9 m2). Inside cabins are sized 160-255 ft2 (15-24 m2). Oceanview cabins are with a Large Round Window and in types Standard (185 ft2 / 17 m2), Large (235 ft2 / 22 m2) and Family (235-370 ft2 / 22-34 m2). Balcony cabins vary in sizes between 230-270-360 ft2 (21-25-34 m2), with step-out balconies sized between 45-70-100 ft2 (4-7-9 m2). The largest accommodation is The Haven Premier Owner's Suite (capacity 8 passengers) sized 2100 ft2 (195 m2) and with a wraparound terrace sized 830 ft2 (77 m2).
The boat has 20 decks, of which 16 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
Staff/crew cabins are 912.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
NCL's PRIMA-class ship design features more and larger public spaces (both indoor and outdoor), smaller passenger capacity (in comparison to the preceding designs/BREAKAWAY and BREAKAWAY PLUS), new dining and entertainment options, a total of 35x dining venues and bars/lounges (including 7x fleet-first food venues), higher service levels.
The Waterfront (outdoor Promenade deck space found on other NCL vessels) was reimagined by doubling the space on the Ocean Boulevard. The 360-degree Promenade complex (sized 44000 ft2 / 4090 m2) completely wraps around the entire deck 8, offering unobstructed seaviews and housing multiple spaces. The Ocean Boulevard features two large infinity pools, Oceanwalk (glass-bottomed bridges), Indulge Food Hall (NCL's first open-air marketplace), The Concourse (outdoor sculpture garden with "selfie" installations/metal sculptures by Alexander Krivosheiw and David Harber.
Penrose Atrium is NCL's first 3-level atrium (spanning decks 6-7-8). The glass-walled Atrium is marked by scenic sea views, futuristic architecture, a 3-ton crystal chandelier (custom-built by Lasvit / Czechia, constellations-themed), a full-height wall artwork (resembling a topographic map), retail shops and bars on each level (including Starbucks Coffee Shop, Whiskey Bar, Penrose Bar, Viva Casino).
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Viva restaurants and food bars.
- The Commodore Room and Hudson's (Main Dining Room, fine dining, complimentary). Both MDRs (Hudson’s Room, The Commodore Room) are with revamped fixed menus that offer a sampling of various international dishes, fully vegetarian and vegan options, as well as build-your-own-pasta (24 combinations/custom-made dishes can be requested by selecting the Italian pasta, sauce, topping) plus Specialties menu (you can select/sample a dish from one of the specialty restaurants).
- The aft-located "Indulge Food Hall" (with a Firepit) is an open-air Marketplace that houses total 11x eateries (with indoor-outdoor seating, 120 items in 3x different menus/breakfast, lunch, dinner), Luna Bar, Indulge Outdoor Lounge, Soleil Bar, Waves Pool Bar, Viva Speedway Bar, a seating area serving Starbucks coffee.
- "Los Lobos Cantina" is new for NCL dining concept. Los Lobos is a la carte-priced restaurant that has both indoor and outdoor seating and offers traditional Mexican cuisine specialties. The menu includes tableside-made guacamole, fresh-baked corn tortillas, Tacos Al Pastor (with marinated pork, similar to doner kebabs/gyros), Chicken Enchiladas de Mole, handcrafted cocktails.
- "Onda by Scarpetta" is an Italian specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge, kids charged a full cover) with both indoor and outdoor seating. The Onda restaurant is open between 5:30-9:30 pm and has large tables. The liner's Italian dining experience is marked by a casual atmosphere and large portions (perfect for family dinners) and traditional fine Italian wines and gourmet cuisine specialties - including oven-baked pizzas, homemade daily pasta, top-quality seafood, classic salads, freshly-baked bread, gourmet desserts (including gelato ice cream). Onda by Scarpetta features an outdoor terrace (Waterfront seating area).
- "Coco's" (patisserie shop) serves artisan sweet treats.
- "Seaside Rotisserie" offers a variety of grilled and spit-roasted meat dishes.
- "Nudls" is a food bar offering noodle dishes and global street food.
- "Tamara" serves classic Indian dishes along with multiple vegetarian options.
- "Tapas Food Truck" offers Spanish-inspired street food.
- "Q Texas Smokehouse" offers Southern USA comfort food and barbecue dishes.
- "The Local Bar & Grill" provides a beach club experience and serves classic American cuisine and premium cocktails.
- "Garden Kitchen" offers customized salads with 12+ ingredients to choose from.
- "The Concourse" is an outdoor sculpture garden (located midship-starboard) featuring an art wall designed by David Harber (who specializes in outdoor sculptures, sundials and water features) and 6x "Instagrammable/selfie" installations by Alexander Krivosheiw and David Harber, both specializing in bronze and aluminum sculptures. The cruise ship's 7x sculptures are valued at USD 2+ million (~EUR 1,7M).
- "La Terraza" is an open-air Promenade lounge featuring a quaint retreat with forward-facing sea views.
- "Infinity Beach" (sundeck) has 2 infinity swimming pools (at the edge of the deck / aft-midship) and two Oceanwalks (glass-bottom bridges / midship) - a first feature for the NCL brand.
- Palomar (specialty Mediterranean seafood restaurant)
- Hasuki (specialty Japanese hibachi restaurant, decorated with original Japanese artworks and handcrafted pottery)
- Nama (specialty Japanese sashimi and sushi bar house)
- Le Bistro (specialty French restaurant)
- Cagney's Steakhouse is a specialty dinner restaurant (open 5:30-10:30 pm) for prime steaks (Certified Angus Beef) and gourmet seafood specialties. The Cagney's restaurant is reservations-only, with a cover charge of US$30 per person and a free Kids Menu. At Cagney's, kids are charged a full cover. Additionally, the steakhouse is open for suite guests only serving Breakfast (7:30-9:30 am) and Lunch (12-1:30 pm).
- Food Republic (Asian-fusion restaurant) is an exclusive dining concept (via a partnership with the Pubbelly Restaurant Group). This specialty restaurant is open from lunch through dinner and offers international cuisine with an a-la-carte menu and an iPad ordering system.
- Observation Lounge & Bar (also has telescopes)
- Humidor Cigar Lounge (cigar shop and bar)
- The Belvedere Bar (cocktail lounge)
- Surfside Cafe and Surfside Grill offer self-serve casual food and a-la-minute items (upon request).
Metropolitan Bar (deck 7) is NCL's first "sustainable bar" serving zero-waste cocktails, "green spirits" (produced with renewable energy), 20+ biodynamic wines (organically farmed). NCL Viva ship's Metropolitan Bar also houses the "Every Wing Has a Silver Lining" - an interactive/transformative artwork by Dominic Harris Studio (London England-based studio of the 1976-born artist Dominic Harris who specializes in digital and interactive artworks). The artwork is wall-mounted, has length ~16 m (52 ft) and features the British artist's popular digital butterflies responding dynamically to passing viewers.
Both MDRs/Main Dining Rooms (aft on decks 6 and 7) are with revamped fixed menus that offer a sampling of various international dishes, fully vegetarian and vegan options, as well as build-your-own-pasta (24 combinations/custom-made dishes can be requested by selecting the Italian pasta, sauce, topping) plus Specialties menu (you can select/sample a dish from one of the specialty restaurants).
Other culinary choices on the cruise ship include "The Latin Quarter" (classic Latin food with a twist), "Just Desserts" (including pies and cakes), "Just Ice Cream".
"The Haven by Norwegian" on PRIMA-class NCL ships (designed by Piero Lissoni & Partners) spans 8 decks and groups suites, public areas, and exclusive venues, all positioned in the aft/stern section.
NCL's luxury ship-within-a-ship exclusive/keycard-access-only area has 107x Haven Suites (aft-positioned) and 2x private elevators - exclusively for Haven passengers. The aft lifts rise into The Haven's public areas and interconnect decks 6 through 18. For the first time, every public area offers sea views from floor-ceiling windows.
The Haven Sundeck is an exclusive sunbathing area with plenty of padded sun loungers and deckchairs and is located aft on decks 16-17.
- Deck 16's Sundeck has an infinity pool at the stern (swimming pool overlooking the ship's wake), an outdoor Spa (featuring a glass-walled Sauna Room and Cold Room), Concierge Desk, Haven Outdoor Restaurant, Haven Outdoor Lounge & Bar (offering a limited buffet for breakfast and lunch, with traditional Chinese and Western cuisine specialties).
- Deck 17's Haven Sundeck has two Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs) and outdoor Showers.
- Deck 18's Haven Sundeck has an infinity pool (with a stern-facing glass wall) and a large sunbathing area with padded loungers and Showers.
The 24-hour butler service is provided complimentary.
The ship's wellness complex groups the facilities of the Mandara Spa and the Pulse Fitness Center.
- The Gym is fitted with ultra-modern equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, steppers, free weights) and features a separate Aerobics Studio (for classes/spinning, yoga, pilates, dance, cardio, fitness and strength training, TRX workouts) and a Performance Recovery Room (for group fitness classes and gym workshops using Hyperice products).
- The indoor Spa features a charcoal Sauna Room and a 2-story/2-deck cascading waterfall, as well as Salt Room, Steam Room, Ice Room, Infrared Sauna, Finnish Sauna, Experiential Showers, Vitality Pool, Flotation Salt Pool, Relaxation Lounge (fitted with 22x hot-stone loungers), 20x Treatment Rooms (for massages), Changing/Locker Rooms.
With the PRIMA-class ships, NCL also introduced new spa services, including computer-controlled acoustic and vibrational therapies (via 2x Gharieni massage beds - Welnamis, and Wellmassage5D), as well as "Ocean Spa Wave Massage" (therapeutic warm wrap using sea plants and marine algae, based on seaweed masks, aromatherapy essential oils, massages/scalp and feet), "Zero Gravity Wellness Massage" (8x tables/the body is suspended on the treatment table) and ELEMIS' "Musclease Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap" (beneficial for rheumatism, arthritis, muscle spasms, fatigue, based on essential oils/pine and rosemary) and "Cellutox Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap" (reducing cellulite and fluid retention, based on detoxifying essential oils/juniper and lemon).
The Aqua Park (3-decks high) has 2x swimming pools, 5x multi-level waterslides (Ocean Loop), 2x racing-slides (The Rush), 1x freefall dry slide (The Drop), "Tidal Wave" waterslide (fleet's first to allow innertube surfing), 4x Jacuzzies (2x infinity pools/hot tubs), poolside bar, sundeck/sunbathing area.
Vibe Beach Club is an adults-only relaxation area (surcharges per day apply) with cantilevered whirlpools (2x infinity spa pools/hot tubs), an outdoor pool bar, sunbathing area (with loungers and luxury chaise lounge chairs), private cabanas.
Syd Norman's Pour House (debuted on Norwegian Breakaway in 2018) is a rock-and-roll-themed bar lounge with live band music (all-time-greatest songs).
At the Headliners Comedy Club & Lounge are presented the shows "The Second City" (comedy), "Howl At The Moon" (piano), "The Improv at Sea" (standup performances), "Science of Comedy" (intellectual).
The Viva Theater & Club is a large bar lounge that spans 3 decks (6-7-8) and features a large stage (for live performances), a huge dance floor, customizable seating, a large LED moving screen lowering down from the ceiling (sized nearly half the venue's size), UHD media, surround sound, special visual effects. In the evenings, the Theater transforms into a Vegas-style disco nightclub with live DJ programming and high-energy music. Daily at Viva Theater are held enrichment lectures, bingo, trivia games with prizes.
- Exclusively for NCL PRIMA ships was developed the interactive "Summer: The Donna Summer Musical" themed on the American singer and actress Donna Summer (born as LaDonna Adrian Gaines/1948-2012). The 75-minute show features 20+ of her hits including "Heaven Knows" (1978), "Last Dance" (1978, from the "Thank God It's Friday" film's soundtrack), "Hot Stuff" (1979), "Bad Girls" (1979), "Dim All the Lights" (1979).
- Viva Theater also houses the NCL's series of interactive game shows "LIVE on NCL", featuring grand prizes and themed "The Price is Right", "Supermarket Sweep", "Press Your Luck", "Beat the Clock".
Norwegian Viva's interactive show productions are the first at sea when the Viva Theater transforms into a nightclub and all guests participate in the show. The shows were developed via partnership with Fremantle (fka FremantleMedia, British/London-based TV production and distribution company, subsidiary of the RTL Group/Luxembourg-based media broadcasting corporation). In 2023 on NCL Viva was introduced "Beetlejuice The Musical" (90-min production) based on the Beetlejuice movie (March 1988-released fantasy-horror-comedy directed by Tim Burton). The musical show is hosted at Viva Theater & Club. The lounge also hosts the 2023-debuted game show "Press Your Luck LIVE".
Like all boats from the BREAKAWAY and BREAKAWAY PLUS series, NCL's Viva has the "Viva Speedway" (fleet's largest racetrack), "The Rush" (2-tube/dueling dry slides) and "The Drop" (world's first freefall dry slide).
"Viva Speedway" is NCL fleet's largest racetrack on 3 levels/decks (the old racetracks are 2-level), with a longer straightaway/straight section, 14 turns and total length 420 m (1378 ft), which is ~1/5th larger than the racetrack on Norwegian Encore (fleet's previous largest). The racetrack goes around and through the funnel/smokestack, max capacity 15 cars (racing simultaneously) and allows max speeds 50+ kph (30+ mph). The unique sports facility is served by the Speedway Bar (located beneath the racetrack).
The "Galaxy Pavilion" is an indoor complex for virtual-world and multi-player gaming, equipped with interactive video walls and virtual reality technology.
- On NCL Viva ship, the complex has 14 total attractions, including 4x new simulators and 2x Escape Rooms.
- Also new is the Topgolf Swing Suite (fleet's first golfing venue to deliver "social experiences") fitted with Topgolf's games (virtual golf courses, multi-player gaming) and powered by Full Swing Golf (the same simulation technology used by PGA Tour professionals).
- "The Bull's Eye" is a new competitive gaming experience (based on the classic darts game) featuring a video tracking system that automatically calculates each gamer's score and offers instant replays.
On Viva, NCL offers "Tee Time" (interactive mini-golfing) where gamers can play on a 9-hole Mini-Golf Course.
The list of Norwegian Viva's lounges, clubs, and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults also includes:
- Viva Theater & Club (Bar/Disco Nightclub)
- Penrose Atrium
- Penrose Bar (a morning and late-night venue serving wine, beer, cocktails, and more)
- Cruise Next, Sales Office, Shore Excursions & Guest Services Desk
- Casino (VIP & Smoking)
- Belvedere Bar is a contemporary bar & cocktail lounge serving crafted bottled cocktails
- Splash Academy (kids 3-12 yo, is a 2-story facility with Nickelodeon-themed activities, a light-up floor (interactive dancing), a resident clown at the circus school, Nintendo and PS3 consoles, kids cinema, crafts-arts activities, pirate parades), Guppies Nursery (for kids 6 months to 2 yo), Kid's Aqua Park (with a splash pool, Nickelodeon characters entertainment).
- I-Connect Internet Cafe (24-hour), Art Gallery
- Whiskey Bar
- The Gateway mini mall offers various brands and items.
- Beauty by Design & Aficionados (shop) sells top-brand cosmetics/fragrances, including IT Cosmetics, NYX, Clinique, Chanel, Lancome, and more. Guests can save up to 50% on spirits, including Viva exclusives.
The ship's other shops include Roberto Coin (jewelry), Effy Jewelry, Timeless Luxury & Fine Watches, Pandora Jewelry & Lifestyles, The Zone & Eye Style, Tech @ Sea, Perspectives Photo Studio & Gallery.
Norwegian Viva's inaugural season starts on August 10, 2023 (Maiden Voyage) in Europe/Mediterranean, followed by a Transatlantic repositioning to the USA for a Caribbean deployment.
The shortened (due to cancellations/construction delays) Mediterranean 2023 season is based mainly on 9-10-day voyages leaving from homeports Lisbon, Civitavecchia-Rome, Trieste-Venice, Piraeus-Athens.
The Adriatic-Mediterranean itineraries visit ports in Spain (Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Barcelona), Croatia (Dubrovnik), Slovenia (Koper), Sicily Italy (Siracusa, Messina), Italy (Ravenna), Turkey (Istanbul, Kusadasi), Greece Islands (Santorini, Mykonos), Malta (Valletta), Gibraltar UK.
In the Caribbean, NCL Viva ship is homeported in San Juan (Puerto Rico) for 7-day roundtrip itineraries.
The inaugural Caribbean season 2023-2024 (starting December 15th) is based on 7-8-9-day itineraries leaving out of Puerto Rico and visiting Tortola (BVI), St Maarten (Philipsburg), St Thomas (USVI), Barbados (Bridgetown), St Lucia (Castries), Antigua (St Johns).
In summer 2025 (May-Sept) the ship is deployed in Europe/Mediterranean and homeported in Piraeus-Athens Greece.
Norwegian Viva - user reviews and comments
Photos of Norwegian VivaAdd Photo
Norwegian Viva ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Amidst a glamorous ceremony at PortMiami Florida on Tuesday, November 28, Puerto Rican singer and songwriter Luis Fonsi took center stage to christen...November 29, 2023
- Cruise Industry
PortMiami (Florida USA) will homeport 8 new cruise ships for the 2023-2024 season. The fleet includes Oceania Vista, Carnival Venezia, and Scenic...October 29, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Viva, the second Prima Class ship of NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, debuted out of Trieste Italy with a 9-day itinerary visiting ports in...August 10, 2023
- Cruise Industry
On Thursday, August 3rd, Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard marked the delivery of the second ship, named Norwegian Viva, from NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line...August 4, 2023
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced that Luis Fonsi, a highly acclaimed singer, songwriter, musician, and producer, will be the godfather of their...June 24, 2023
- Cruise Industry
On May 5th, the 2nd NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line Prima Class ship, Norwegian Viva, left the Fincantieri shipyard in Marghera/Venice (Italy) for her...May 12, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd, the parent company of NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises, has...April 7, 2023
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line unveiled its winter 2024-2025 and summer 2025 voyages sailing to bucket-list destinations in Europe, Alaska, and the...December 12, 2022
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced that the scheduled voyages for summer 2023 aboard the line's forthcoming Norwegian Viva ship had been canceled...August 18, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Viva, the 2nd of 6 vessels from NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line’s new Prima Class of ships was floated out at Fincantieri's shipbuilding...August 3, 2022
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Viva Wiki
On February 16, 2017, the shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) signed with Fincantieri an order for 4x NCL LEONARDO Class (renamed to "NCL PRIMA" in 2021) units for the NCL brand.
- The newbuilds were scheduled for deliveries in 2022 through 2025 (one ship per year), with an option for two more units to be added to the order in the future. On July 12, 2018, NCLH ordered two more units (PRIMA PLUS series) currently scheduled for deliveries in 2027 and 2028.
- The NCLH-Fincantieri deal was backed by CDP (Cassa Depositi e Prestiti SpA/1850-founded, Turino-based Italian investment bank) and SACE SpA (Servizi Assicurativi del Commercio Estero/1977-founded Italian Export Credit Agency).
- All shipbuilding orders were signed by Frank Del Rio (NCLH's President and CEO) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri SpA's CEO).
The vessel's name (Norwegian Viva) was officially revealed on January 11, 2022.
Like all units from this series, Norwegian Viva's shipbuilder is Fincantieri (Marghera Yard near Venice Italy).
The vessel (Fincantieri Marghera yard/hull number 6299) has a powerplant based on 5x main Wartisla diesel engines - 3x model 8L46 (8-cylinder) and 2x model 12V46 (12-cylinder), plus 1x Caterpillar diesel generator (model 3516C HD) and 6x Alfa Laval auxiliary boilers (1x oil/gas fired plus 5x exhaust gas heated).
The propulsion system is diesel-electric and based on 3x bow thrusters (model Brunvoll FU115) and 2x aft thrusters (model ABB Azipod XO).
The registered shipowner is Leonardo Two Ltd (subsidiary of NCLH) while as ship manager is listed NCL Bahamas Ltd.
The vessel was launched/floated out from drydock on August 2, 2022. The ceremony was attended by Harry Sommer (NCLH's CEO and President), Luigi Matarazzo (Fincantieri's Merchant Shipping Division's Managing Director) and Frank Del Rio (NCLH's CEO and President).
NCL's Viva was officially delivered by Fincantieri Marghera to NCLH/shipowner on August 3, 2023. The delivery was postponed and originally scheduled for June 30th.
The ship left Fincantieri Maghera on May 5th and arrived at Fincantieri Trieste on May 7th, for final outfitting and painting. Next are planned the Adriatic Sea trials.
On June 23, 2023, David J. Herrera (NCL's President) announced the name of Viva ship's godfather - Luis Alfonso Rodriguez Lopez-Cepero (aka Luis Fonsi/1978-born Puerto Rican singer and songwriter). Luis Fonsi is best known for his hits "Despacito" (2017/featuring the rapper Daddy Yankee/Ramon Luis Ayala Rodriguez) and "Echame La Culpa" (2019/duet with Demi Lovato).
The ship's official christening ceremony was held on November 28th (2023) in PortMiami (Florida USA). The naming event featured live performances by celebrity entertainers like Paulina Susana Rubio Dosamantes/Paulina Rubio (1971-born Mexican singer), Pedro Capo (1980-born Puerto Rican singer), Marcello Hernandez (1997-born American stand-up comedian/actor/writer). The special event was attended by David J. Herrera and Harry Sommer
Norwegian Viva's homeporting in Puerto Rico (San Juan) starts on December 15th.
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2023
Due to construction issues (mainly ongoing supply chain shortages caused by the COVID crisis and the Russia-Ukraine conflict), the inaugural cruise in 2023 was rescheduled from June 15th first to July 3rd and eventually to August 10th. A total of 8x voyages in Europe/Mediterranean were canceled (departures June 15 & 24, July 3-12-21-30, and Aug 8 & 17).
Next tables show the ship's inaugural itineraries (by homeport/destination/region) with prices in USD per person with double occupancy.
(MAIDEN VOYAGE 2023) 9-day Mediterranean from Venice/Trieste to Lisbon - from US$1800 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Aug 20:00||Departing from Trieste, Italy|
|11 Aug 10:00 - 19:00||Split, Croatia|
|13 Aug 07:00 - 19:00||Salerno, Italy|
|14 Aug 07:00 - 19:00||Civitavecchia/Rome, Italy|
|15 Aug 07:00 - 19:00||Livorno/Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|16 Aug 07:00 - 15:00||Cannes, France Riviera|
|17 Aug 11:00 - 18:00||Ibiza Town, Ibiza Island, Balearic Spain|
|19 Aug 07:00||Arriving in Lisbon, Portugal|
(inaugural Transatlantic crossing 2023) 16-day westbound from Europe to the Caribbean - from US$2480 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|29 Nov 17:00||Departing from Lisbon|
|30 Nov 10:30 - 20:00||Cadiz-Sevilla, Spain|
|01 Dec 07:00 - 18:00||Casablanca-Marrakesh, Morocco|
|02 Dec 09:30 - 19:00||Agadir, Morocco|
|03 Dec 08:30 - 20:00||Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands|
|04 Dec 07:00 - 14:00||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|06 Dec 12:00 - 07 Dec 13:00 (overnight)||Mindelo, Sao Vicente Island, Cape Verde|
|13 Dec 07:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles|
|14 Dec 07:00 - 19:00||Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Island USVI|
|15 Dec 07:00||Arriving in San Juan, Puerto Rico|
(inaugural Caribbean cruise) 7-day "Caribbean, Curacao, Aruba and and St Lucia" itinerary - from US$1330 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 Dec 19:00||Departing from San Juan|
|16 Dec 09:00 - 16:00||La Romana, Dominicana|
|17 Dec 13:00 - 21:00||Oranjestad, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles|
|18 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Willemstad, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles|
|19 Dec 06:00 - 13:00||Kralendijk, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles|
|20 Dec 13:30 - 19:30||Castries, St Lucia|
|21 Dec 09:00 - 17:30||Port Zante-Basseterre St Kitts|
|22 Dec 07:00||Arriving in San Juan|
(inaugural New Year Holiday 2023-2024) 7-days "Caribbean, Barbados, Antigua and St Lucia" - from US1550 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|29 Dec 20:30||Departing from San Juan|
|30 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Road Town, Tortola Island BVI|
|31 Dec 07:00 - 16:00||St Johns, Antigua|
|01 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Castries, St Lucia|
|02 Jan 07:00 - 13:00||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|03 Jan 10:00 - 19:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles|
|04 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Island USVI|
|05 Jan 07:00||Arriving in San Juan|