Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Pearl Review and Specifications
Specifications of Norwegian Pearl
|Year built||2006 / Age : 12|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 390 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||93530 gt|
|Passengers||2394 - 2873|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Christened by||Rosie O'Donnell|
Current itinerary of Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl current cruise is 7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle. Prices start from USD 749 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 16 Sep, 2018 and ends on 23 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 Sep||Departing from Seattle, Washington|
|18 Sep 13:00 - 22:00||Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska|
|19 Sep 07:00 - 20:00||Skagway, Alaska|
|20 Sep||Glacier Bay, Alaska|
|21 Sep 06:00 - 13:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|22 Sep 18:00 - 23:00||Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada|
|23 Sep||Arriving in Seattle, Washington|
Review of Norwegian Pearl
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American). In 2017, the brand NCL had worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue). NCLH (shipowner) owns the brands NCL, Oceania and RSSC (Regent).
The 93,530-ton, 2,395-passenger cruise ship Norwegian Pearl was built with the idea of Freestyle Cruising - no dress code (no formal attire needed) and no restrictions on when and where you dine. Norwegian Pearl is a luxurious ship, featuring amazing amenities, such as the first bowling alley to hit the high seas. Pearl was christened during a ceremony at Miami on December 16, 2006. Rosie O’Donnell acted as ship's godmother. Norwegian Pearl pulls up at one of the cruise-ship berths in Ketchikan. Many of her nearly 2,400 guests head out onto the docks. An interesting fact is that NCL Pearl is one of 12 cruise liners allowed to discharge their treated wastewater in Juneau, Ketchikan and other main Alaskan harbours. These liners have also permits to discharge laundry, shower and kitchen runoff (called "graywater").
Cruise itinerary program
Norwegian Pearl itinerary program is based on Alaska cruises from Seattle WA in the summer. The NCL Pearl also sails to the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean out of Miami FL and on repositioning crossings through Panama Canal.
Most Norwegian Pearl staterooms are 140-sq.foot Inside rooms (412). There are a total of 1197 staterooms in 35 categories. The largest aboard Norwegian Pearl are the Haven Garden Villa Suites (2320 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
A lot of dining options are available with the multiple restaurants onborad Norwegian Pearl. You can eat whatever you want at any time. Traditionalists can have dinner at the same time, in the same place every night, just have to inform the maitre d' in advance. Otherwise, the multitude of dining venues allows for various options. Norwegian has gone back to reservation system and it allows guests to make plans a day in advance. Some restaurants are included in cruise fare, while others incur additional fees.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Pearl restaurants and food bars.
- Indigo Restaurant (forward Dining Room, complimentary, with Your Time dining)
- Le Bistro (French specialty dinner-only restaurant; reservations-only; US$20 cover charge)
- Lotus Garden (Asian restaurant, dinner-only, complimentary since 2015)
- Sushi Bar (10-seat Lotus Garden restaurant, a la carte); Sake Bar (inside Lotus Garden)
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi specialty, reservations-only restaurant; US$25; open for Lunch and Dinner; features live cooking demonstrations)
- Summer Palace Restaurant (aft-location Dining Room; complimentary; Freestyle dining)
- Blue Lagoon (buffet restaurant for fast food; complimentary)
- Sky High Bar & Grill (complimentary fast food bar)
- Cagney’s Steakhouse (specialty dinner restaurant for prime steaks and gourmet seafood specialties; reservations-only, US$30 cover charge per person and free Kids Menu)
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse; reservations-only; US$20 per person cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- La Cucina (Italian specialty restaurant; reservations-only, US$15 cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- Garden Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant with various cuisine stations); Kid's Cafe
- The Great Outdoors (outdoor buffet restaurant, complimentary)
- Topsiders Bar & Grill (poolside, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
There are a lot of bars and lounges onboard Norwegian Pearl to spend your free time, as well as sparkling pools, fitness and luxury spa facilities. Other ships might have surf parks and ice skating, but Norwegian Pearl has bowling: 4 family-friendly lanes flank the Bliss Ultra Lounge on Deck 7, filled with beds and pillows, divans and loungers. It becomes ship's after-party hotspot at night. Bowling costs $5 per person, per game, which includes shoe rental. There are also the usual shipboard entertainment options, with improv comedy by Chicago's Second City troupe, production shows in the Stardust Theater on Decks 5 and 6, pianists and singers throughout the ship, audience-participation games and some adults-only late-night comedy shows.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Pearl lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Stardust Theatre (1042-seat; features Broadway-style musical productions; two grand-shows per night)
- Bar City complex (Maltings Beer & Whisky Bar, Shakers Martini & Cocktail Bar and Magnum’s Champagne & Wine Bar); Corona Cigar Bar; Sugarcane Mojito Bar; Star Bar; Topsiders Bar
- Bliss Ultra Lounge & Nightclub
- Spinnaker Lounge (394-seat, with floor-to-ceiling windows; serves as disco & night club); Java Cafe
- Crystal Atrium (2-deck midship hub area with a big-size LED screen, dance area and live entertainment)
- Atrium Cafe & Bar (specialty tea & coffee bar)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour); Art Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop
- LifeStyles Room; Library; Card Room
- Pearl Club Casino
- Trade Routes Boutiques (tax and duty free shops); Port O’Call (gift shop)
- South Pacific Spa complex (Thermal Suite, Snow Room, Salt Room, Medi Spa, Smile Spa, Treatment Rooms, Beauty Salon, Barber Shop); Body Waves Fitness Centre; Tahitian Beach Pool; Kid’s Pool
- Aqua Kid’s Club; Metro Center Teen’s Lounge & Disco Club; Video Games Arcade
- The Haven area Courtyard Fitness & Spa complex (Villas-guests only, Steam Room, Gym)
- Rock Climbing Wall; Combined sports court; Jogging Track; Golf Nets; Shuffleboard, Giant Chess.
Norwegian Pearl wiki
- Cabin grades number: 36
- Total number of cabins: 1197 (of which 360 Balcony, 412 Inside)
- Dining Rooms: Summer Palace, Indigo
- Restaurants and food bars: "LE BISTRO" (French), steakhouses (CAGNEY'S, and MODERNO /Brazilian), "LOTUS GARDEN" (Asian), "TEPPANYAKI" (Japanese), "BALI HAI" (grill), buffets (BLUE LAGOON, GREAT OUTDOORS, Garden Cafe, Kid’s Cafe), "LA CUCINA" (Italian), "TOPSIDERS" (grill), Sushi.
- Lounges & Bars: CORONA, SPINNAKER (observation), BLYSS ULTRA (nightclub), "BAR CITY" complex, MODERNO, STAR, SAKE.
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("NCL Kids"), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry. NCL Pearl tipping/gratuities (US$12 pp pd). NCL Pearl cruise ship weddings are held in her chapel.
- Entertainment - the NCL's FIREWORKS show (performed on each sailing), comedy shows (PRESUMED MURDERED, THE SECOND CITY, WHITE HOT PARTY, THE WINE TASTING MUSICAL), casino.
- South Pacific Spa (including Mandara spa), BODY WAVES fitness, 7 jacuzzis, 3 pools (1 kids pool).
- NCL Pearl cruise ship is one of the line's Jewel-class vessels. Her sisters in the fleet are the NCL ships Gem, Jade and Jewel. The construction started on Oct 3, 2005. The vessel was launched on Oct 15, 2006, and christened in Miami on December 16, 2006. Its godmother is Rosie O'Donnell (American comedian actress, born March 21, 1962). The Inaugural Cruise (Maiden Voyage) was on December 2, 2006 (Transatlantic crossing from Southampton England to Miami Florida).
- Fun fact is, that the Pearl ship, just like NCL Jewel, was a TV star. In 2009 the CNBC television channel showed a documentary titled "Big Money on the High Seas" featuring the Pearl ship.
- Pearl is the NCL's first cruise ship ever to have a rock climbing wall installed.
- During NCL Pearl's 2017 refurbishment, the ship was retrofitted with new "scrubbers" (exhaust gas cleaning systems). The new scrubber technology reduces the equivalent of approx 1500 tons of the poisonous gas Sulfur Oxide. Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise company retrofitting with a scrubber hybrid system vessels while in service. The new in-line scrubbers (5 units) are lightweight and able to operate in dry mode, as well as in open and closed loops.
For the 2017-2018 season, the NCL Pearl ship will repositioned from Miami to NOLA New Orleans. The ship will operate on 7-8-9-day round-trip Western Caribbean cruises (between Oct 22, 2017 and April 1, 2018). NOLA itineraries will visit ports in Mexico (Cozumel, Costa Maya), Honduras (Roatan); Belize (Harvest Caye). Longer itineraries will additionally visit Grand Cayman and Guatemala (Santo Tomas de Castilla).
Norwegian Pearl - user reviews and comments
Photos of Norwegian PearlAdd Photo
Norwegian Pearl ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. announced changes to its Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) brand’s 2019-2020 deployments to better monetize...July 20, 2018
The U.S. Coast Guard has aided a 69-year-old passenger from Norwegian Pearl close to Coghlan Island on Thursday, September 8. According to...September 8, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Pearl sailed into Miami yesterday after a 2-week dry dock where every cabin and many public areas were...February 28, 2017
NCL crew member has gone overboard on Thursday, September 8, from Norwegian Pearl during a voyage returning from Alaska. Norwegian Pearl is on...September 11, 2016
The Mad Decent Boat Party on Norwegian Pearl returned to port Miami after a cruise ship passenger jumped overboard. The woman allegedly jumped...November 15, 2015
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Pearl Itineraries
The below listed Norwegian Pearl cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Norwegian Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jul 15||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle|
|2018 Aug 12||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle|
|2018 Aug 19||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle|
|2018 Aug 26||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle||$1029|
|2018 Sep 02||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle||$799|
|2018 Sep 09||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle||$779|
|2018 Sep 16||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle||$749|
|2018 Sep 23||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle||$799|
|2018 Sep 30||7 days, round-trip with Glacier Bay from Seattle||Seattle||$949|
|2018 Oct 10||4 days, round-trip Groove Cruise Cabo||San Diego|
|2018 Oct 14||7 days, round-trip Atlantis Mexican Riviera Cruise||San Diego|
|2018 Oct 21||14 days, one-way from San Diego to Tampa||San Diego||$879|
|2018 Nov 04||14 days, round-trip Canal Round-trip from Tampa (Variation)||Tampa||$849|
|2018 Nov 18||7 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$599|
|2018 Nov 25||14 days, round-trip Canal Round-trip from Tampa||Tampa||$869|
|2018 Dec 09||14 days, round-trip Canal Round-trip from Tampa||Tampa||$849|
|2018 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$829|
|2018 Dec 30||7 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$829|
|2019 Jan 12||5 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$349|
|2019 Jan 17||10 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$829|
|2019 Jan 27||5 days, round-trip Outlaw Country Cruise 4||Tampa|
|2019 Feb 01||5 days, round-trip The Rock Boat XIX||Tampa|
|2019 Feb 06||4 days, round-trip Impractical Jokers Cruise 3||Tampa|
|2019 Feb 10||7 days, round-trip Cayamo Cruise||Tampa|
|2019 Feb 17||4 days, round-trip Keshas Weird And Wonderful Rainbow Ride||Tampa|
|2019 Feb 21||4 days, round-trip Walker Stalker Cruise||Tampa|
|2019 Feb 25||4 days, round-trip Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea V||Tampa|
|2019 Mar 01||4 days, round-trip 311 Caribbean Cruise VI||Tampa|
|2019 Mar 06||4 days, round-trip Trailer Park Boys Cruise||Tampa|
|2019 Mar 10||7 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$749|
|2019 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$749|
|2019 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip Caribbean from Tampa||Tampa||$749|
|2019 Mar 31||7 days, round-trip Melissa Etheridge Cruise||Tampa|
|2019 Apr 07||11 days, one-way from Tampa to New York||Tampa||$899|
|2019 Apr 18||10 days, round-trip from New York||New York||$1099|
|2019 Apr 28||13 days, one-way from New York to Amsterdam||New York||$899|
|2019 May 11||14 days, round-trip Ireland, & Norway: European Jewels||Amsterdam||$1899|
|2019 May 25||14 days, round-trip & Russia: Ultimate Baltic||Amsterdam||$1999|
|2019 Jun 08||14 days, round-trip Ireland, & Norway: European Jewels||Amsterdam||$1999|
|2019 Jun 22||13 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia||Amsterdam||$1699|
|2019 Jul 05||13 days, round-trip Isles & Italy||Civitavecchia||$1999|
|2019 Jul 18||10 days, round-trip Isles & Italy||Civitavecchia||$1599|
|2019 Jul 28||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1699|
|2019 Sep 09||11 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1499|
|2019 Sep 20||11 days, round-trip Isles & Italy||Civitavecchia||$1499|
|2019 Oct 01||13 days, round-trip Isles & Italy||Civitavecchia||$1899|