Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Pearl Review and Specifications
Specifications of Norwegian Pearl
|Year built||2006 / Age : 13|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 390 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||93530 gt|
|Passengers||2394 - 2873|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Christened by||Rosie O'Donnell|
Current itinerary of Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl current cruise is 10 days, round-trip Holiday through Bermuda from New York, themed as "Easter". Prices start from USD 579 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 18 Apr, 2019 and ends on 28 Apr, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Apr 20:00||Departing from New York, Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ-NYC|
|20 Apr 09:00 - 21 Apr 12:30||Kings Wharf, Bermuda|
|23 Apr 07:00 - 21:00||Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|24 Apr 10:00 - 18:00||Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas private island|
|25 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|28 Apr 08:00||Arriving in New York, Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ-NYC|
Review of Norwegian Pearl
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American). In 2017, the brand NCL had a worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue). NCLH (shipowner) owns the brands NCL, Oceania and RSSC (Regent).
The 93,530-ton, 2,395-passenger cruise ship Norwegian Pearl was built with the idea of Freestyle Cruising - no dress code (no formal attire needed) and no restrictions on when and where you dine. Norwegian Pearl is a luxurious ship, featuring amazing amenities, such as the first bowling alley to hit the high seas. Pearl was christened during a ceremony at Miami on December 16, 2006. Rosie O’Donnell acted as ship's godmother. Norwegian Pearl pulls up at one of the cruise-ship berths in Ketchikan. Many of her nearly 2,400 guests head out onto the docks. An interesting fact is that NCL Pearl is one of 12 cruise liners allowed to discharge their treated wastewater in Juneau, Ketchikan and other main Alaskan harbours. These liners are also permitted to discharge laundry, shower and kitchen runoff (called "grey water").
Cruise itinerary program
Norwegian Pearl itinerary program is based on Alaska cruises from Seattle WA in the summer. The NCL Pearl also sails to the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean out of Miami FL and on repositioning crossings through Panama Canal.
Norwegian Pearl has a total of 1197 cabins (of which 360 Balcony, 412 Inside) in 36 grades. Most Norwegian Pearl staterooms are 140-sq.foot Inside rooms. The largest aboard Norwegian Pearl is the Haven Garden Villa Suite (2320 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
A lot of dining options are available with the multiple restaurants onboard Norwegian Pearl. You can eat whatever you want at any time. Traditionalists can have dinner at the same time, in the same place every night, just have to inform the maitre d' in advance. Otherwise, the multitude of dining venues allows for various options. Norwegian has gone back to the reservation system and it allows guests to make plans a day in advance. Some restaurants are included in cruise fare, while others incur additional fees.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Pearl restaurants and food bars.
- Indigo Restaurant (forward Dining Room, complimentary, with Your Time dining)
- Le Bistro (French speciality dinner-only restaurant; reservations-only; US$20 cover charge)
- Lotus Garden (Asian restaurant, dinner-only, complimentary since 2015)
- Sushi Bar (10-seat Lotus Garden restaurant, a la carte); Sake Bar (inside Lotus Garden)
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi speciality, reservations-only restaurant; US$25; open for Lunch and Dinner; features live cooking demonstrations)
- Summer Palace Restaurant (aft-location Dining Room; complimentary; Freestyle dining)
- Blue Lagoon (buffet restaurant for fast food; complimentary)
- Sky High Bar & Grill (complimentary fast food bar); Bali Hai (grill)
- Cagney’s Steakhouse (speciality dinner restaurant for prime steaks and gourmet seafood specialities; reservations-only, US$30 cover charge per person and free Kids Menu)
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse; reservations-only; US$20 per person cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- La Cucina (Italian speciality restaurant; reservations-only, US$15 cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- Garden Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant with various cuisine stations); Kid's Cafe
- The Great Outdoors (outdoor buffet restaurant, complimentary)
- Topsiders Bar & Grill (poolside, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
There are a lot of bars and lounges onboard Norwegian Pearl to spend your free time, as well as sparkling pools, fitness and luxury spa facilities. Other ships might have surf parks and ice skating, but Norwegian Pearl has bowling: 4 family-friendly lanes flank the Bliss Ultra Lounge on Deck 7, filled with beds and pillows, divans and loungers. It becomes ship's after-party hotspot at night. Bowling costs $5 per person, per game, which includes shoe rental. There are also the usual shipboard entertainment options, with improv comedy by Chicago's Second City troupe, production shows in the Stardust Theater on Decks 5 and 6, pianists and singers throughout the ship, audience-participation games and some adults-only late-night comedy shows. The ship also has 7 jacuzzis and 3 pools (1 kids pool). Entertainment options also include the NCL's FIREWORKS show (on each voyage), "Rock of Ages", "Cirque Dreams", "Illusionarium" (magicians show).
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("NCL Kids"), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry. NCL Pearl tipping/gratuities (US$12 pp per day). NCL Pearl cruise ship weddings are held in her chapel.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Pearl lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Stardust Theatre (1042-seat; features Broadway-style musical productions; two grand-shows per night)
- Bar City complex (Maltings Beer & Whisky Bar, Shakers Martini & Cocktail Bar and Magnum’s Champagne & Wine Bar); Corona Cigar Bar; Sugarcane Mojito Bar; Star Bar; Topsiders Bar
- Bliss Ultra Lounge & Nightclub
- Spinnaker Lounge (394-seat, with floor-to-ceiling windows; serves as disco & night club); Java Cafe
- Crystal Atrium (2-deck midship hub area with a big-size LED screen, dance area and live entertainment)
- Atrium Cafe & Bar (speciality tea & coffee bar)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour); Art Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop
- LifeStyles Room; Library; Card Room
- Pearl Club Casino
- Trade Routes Boutiques (tax and duty-free shops); Port O’Call (gift shop)
- South Pacific Spa complex (Thermal Suite, Snow Room, Salt Room, Medi Spa, Smile Spa, Treatment Rooms, Beauty Salon, Barber Shop); Body Waves Fitness Centre; Tahitian Beach Pool; Kid’s Pool
- Aqua Kid’s Club; Metro Center Teen’s Lounge & Disco Club; Video Games Arcade
- The Haven area Courtyard Fitness & Spa complex (Villas-guests only, Steam Room, Gym)
- Rock Climbing Wall; Combined sports court; Jogging Track; Golf Nets; Shuffleboard, Giant Chess.
Norwegian Pearl wiki
- NCL Pearl cruise ship is one of the line's Jewel-class vessels. Her sisters in the fleet are the NCL ships Gem, Jade and Jewel. The construction started on Oct 3, 2005. The vessel was launched on Oct 15, 2006, and christened in Miami on December 16, 2006. Its godmother is Rosie O'Donnell (American comedian actress, born March 21, 1962). The Inaugural Cruise (Maiden Voyage) was on December 2, 2006 (Transatlantic crossing from Southampton England to Miami Florida).
- Fun fact is, that the Pearl ship, just like NCL Jewel, was a TV star. In 2009 the CNBC television channel showed a documentary titled "Big Money on the High Seas" featuring the Pearl ship.
- Pearl is the NCL's first cruise ship ever to have a rock climbing wall installed.
For the 2017-2018 season, the NCL Pearl ship will reposition from Miami to NOLA New Orleans. The ship will operate on 7-8-9-day round-trip Western Caribbean cruises (between Oct 22, 2017, and April 1, 2018). NOLA itineraries will visit ports in Mexico (Cozumel, Costa Maya), Honduras (Roatan); Belize (Harvest Caye). Longer itineraries will additionally visit Grand Cayman and Guatemala (Santo Tomas de Castilla).
NCL Pearl refurbishment 2017 review
Ship's drydock 2017 refurbishment (February 14-26, in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following deckplan changes, new amenities and renovations:
- All cruise staterooms were refreshed with cool blue hues. All cabins also received new furniture, carpeting, bed headboards, flat HDTVs (infotainment system), USB outlets (for device charging).
- Over 2200 new artworks were installed throughout the ship (including in all cabins).
- The Haven suite complex had its Haven Courtyard refurbished with new finishes on outdoor deck areas, the swimming pool, the hot tubs. New deck furniture and cabanas were added.
- The Haven suites and villas all received extensive renovation - new wallpapers, furniture, finishes, carpeting, drapery, artworks.
- Cagney’s Steakhouse received new carpeting, artworks, upholstery, window treatments.
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse) restaurant received new tables and chairs, wall laminates, new granite bar tops, remodelled glass-door entrance.
- O’Sheehan’s Bar and Grill was updated with new flooring, refurbished granite-topped bar, new bar back shelves, ceiling, lighting fixtures, wall finishes, furniture (tables and chairs), plus new banquet seating for large groups.
- Pool Deck received new deck flooring and the whirlpools were refurbished. The bars "Great Outdoors" and "Sky High" received new flooring.
- During drydock 2017, NCL Pearl was retrofitted with new "scrubbers" (exhaust gas cleaning systems). The new scrubber technology reduces the equivalent of approx 1500 tons of the poisonous gas Sulfur Oxide. Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise company retrofitting with a scrubber hybrid system vessels while in service. The new in-line scrubbers (5 units) are lightweight and able to operate in a dry mode, as well as in open and closed loops.
Drydock 2017 was part of NCL's "Norwegian Edge" program for fleetwide upgrades (2-year project budgeted USD 400 million). Each drydock costs around USD 35-40 million.
Norwegian Pearl - user reviews and comments
Photos of Norwegian PearlAdd Photo
Norwegian Pearl ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line's passengers now have 2 chances to sail with Jon Bon Jovi. As part of line's partnership with Sixthman, NCL is presenting a...October 5, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. announced changes to its Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) brand’s 2019-2020 deployments to better monetize...July 20, 2018
The U.S. Coast Guard has aided a 69-year-old passenger from Norwegian Pearl close to Coghlan Island on Thursday, September 8. According to...September 8, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Pearl sailed into Miami yesterday after a 2-week dry dock where every cabin and many public areas were...February 28, 2017
NCL crew member has gone overboard on Thursday, September 8, from Norwegian Pearl during a voyage returning from Alaska. Norwegian Pearl is on...September 11, 2016
The Mad Decent Boat Party on Norwegian Pearl returned to port Miami after a cruise ship passenger jumped overboard. The woman allegedly jumped...November 15, 2015
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Pearl Itineraries
The below listed Norwegian Pearl cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Norwegian Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Mar 31||7 days, round-trip Melissa Etheridge Cruise||Tampa|
|2019 Apr 07||11 days, one-way from Tampa to New York||Tampa|
|2019 Apr 18||10 days, round-trip Holiday through Bermuda from New York||New York||$579|
|2019 Apr 28||13 days, one-way from New York to Amsterdam||New York||$679|
|2019 May 11||14 days, round-trip England, Ireland, & Norway: European Jewels from Amsterdam||Amsterdam||$849|
|2019 May 25||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia, & Russia: Ultimate Baltic from Amsterdam||Amsterdam||$999|
|2019 Jun 08||14 days, round-trip England, Ireland, & Norway: European Jewels from Amsterdam||Amsterdam||$999|
|2019 Jun 22||13 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia||Amsterdam||$1049|
|2019 Jul 05||13 days, round-trip Greek Isles & Italy from Rome (Civitavecchia)||Civitavecchia||$1549|
|2019 Jul 18||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles & Italy from Rome (Civitavecchia)||Civitavecchia||$1199|
|2019 Jul 28||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1349|
|2019 Aug 08||4 days, round-trip The Boaty Weekender Cruise||Barcelona|
|2019 Aug 12||4 days, round-trip World Club Dome Cruise Edition||Barcelona|
|2019 Aug 16||5 days, round-trip Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea Mediterranean||Barcelona|
|2019 Aug 21||5 days, round-trip Stars On Board||Barcelona|
|2019 Aug 26||4 days, round-trip Runaway To Paradise With Jon Bon Jovi||Barcelona|
|2019 Aug 30||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1279|
|2019 Sep 09||11 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1399|
|2019 Sep 20||11 days, round-trip Greek Isles & Italy from Rome (Civitavecchia)||Civitavecchia||$1199|
|2019 Oct 01||13 days, round-trip Greek Isles & Italy from Rome (Civitavecchia)||Civitavecchia||$1399|
|2019 Oct 14||16 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Miami||Civitavecchia||$899|
|2019 Oct 30||5 days, round-trip The Kiss Kruise IX||Miami|
|2019 Nov 04||4 days, round-trip Brantley Gilberts Kick It In The Ship Cruise||Miami|
|2019 Nov 08||3 days, round-trip Bahamas from Miami||Miami||$249|
|2019 Nov 11||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal from Miami||Miami||$749|
|2019 Nov 22||12 days, round-trip Panama Canal from Miami||Miami||$799|
|2019 Dec 04||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$299|
|2019 Dec 09||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$219|
|2019 Dec 13||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$299|
|2019 Dec 18||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$429|
|2019 Dec 23||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal from Miami||Miami||$1579|
|2020 Jan 20||4 days, round-trip Chris Jericho Rock N Wrestling Rager at Sea||Miami|
|2020 Feb 14||4 days, round-trip Train Sail Across The Sun||Miami|
|2020 May 23||7 days, round-trip Canada & New England from New York||New York||$949|
|2020 May 30||7 days, round-trip Canada & New England from New York||New York||$949|
|2020 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Canada & New England from New York||New York||$1049|
|2020 Jun 13||7 days, round-trip Canada & New England from New York||New York||$1099|
|2020 Jun 20||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1199|
|2020 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1249|
|2020 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1249|
|2020 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1199|
|2020 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1199|
|2020 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1199|
|2020 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1149|
|2020 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1149|
|2020 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1099|
|2020 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Florida from New York||New York||$1099|
|2020 Aug 29||11 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$1399|
|2020 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$1249|
|2020 Sep 19||11 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$1399|
|2020 Sep 30||10 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$1199|
|2020 Nov 04||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal from Miami||Miami||$1199|
|2020 Nov 15||5 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$499|
|2020 Nov 20||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$499|
|2020 Nov 25||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$549|
|2020 Nov 30||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal from Miami||Miami||$1099|
|2020 Dec 11||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$499|
|2020 Dec 16||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean From Miami||Miami||$499|
|2020 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean from Miami||Miami||$1999|
|2021 Jan 04||4 days, round-trip Bahamas from Miami||Miami||$349|