AmaPrima Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaPrima
|Year built||2013 / Age : 5|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Valerie Wilson|
Review of AmaPrima
The AmaPrima boat cruises on Danube, Rhine and Main Rivers, and also offers Grand River Cruises on Danube to Black Sea (Turkey). The ship is departing from Amsterdam, Basel, Budapest, Nurnberg, Vilshofen (Passau) and Ruse.
AmaWaterways 164-passenger AmaPrima ship incorporates advanced design offering vast staterooms with multiple dining venues, exclusive twin balconies, heated pool, Internet and WiFi access and even more. AmaPrima provides river cruise distinctive experience. Her superb glass elevator is among the unique elements on board, as well as the extraordinary twin balconies.
AmaPrima has a total of 85 cabins (of which 5 Suite, 51 Twin Balcony, 10 French Balconies, 19 with a not-opening window) in 9 grades. The spacious accommodations range up to 300 sq.ft.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - JS (x4, deck3) - size 350ft2/33m2
- Large Balcony Stateroom - AP (x1, deck3), size 250ft2/23m2
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x10, deck3), AB (x10, deck 3), BB (x15, deck2) - sizes AA/AB 235ft2/22m2, BB 210ft2/19m2
- French Balcony Staterooms - C (x16, decks2&3) - size 170ft2/16m2
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x11, deck1), E (x6, deck1) - size 160ft2/15m2.
AmaPrima offers various dining options for culinary enjoyment. Culinary Chaîne des Rôtisseurs creations are worth trying. Ship's restaurants include: Verde (dining room), Bella Cucina (Italian), Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco).
AmaPrima also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Prima Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaPrima cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaPrima river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaPrima cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaPrima cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaPrima river cruise itineraries as themes:
- “MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" is a 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruise from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen disembarkation, inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- "BLUE DANUBE DISCOVERY" and "ROMANTIC DANUBE" itineraries are 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation). Each additionally includes 2-night Budapest and 3-night Prague luxury hotel packages, and some free-time in Karlovy Vary during the Nuremberg-Prague transfer.
- "BLACK SEA VOYAGE" is a 15-days (sailing 7 days) Black Sea river cruise from Vienna to Istanbul, and the reverse from Istanbul to Vienna. There are 4 optional and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 1-night Plovdiv, 3-night Istanbul and 2-night Vienna hotel packages included.
- The "GRAND DANUBE" variation is a 23-days (sailing 15 days) Danube and Black Sea river cruise from Prague to Istanbul, and the reverse from Istanbul to Prague. There are 6 optional and 23 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Istanbul and 3-night Prague hotel packages included.
- "MAGNIFICENT EUROPE" is a 16-days (sailing 15 days) Rhine-Main-Danube river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Budapest. There are 5 optional and 16 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- "TREASURES OF MAIN AND RHINE" segment (themed "Christmas Markets") is a 11-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine and Danube cruise from Prague to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation /embarkation). There are 3 optional and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions, with a 3-night Prague hotel package included in the fares.
- The APT AmaPrima boat is the 4th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde, AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- Another unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaPrima cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- The AMA cruise ship Prima was launched in 2013 on August 6th. It was christened in Vilshofen (Germany) by mrs Valerie Wilson - founder, chairman and CEO of the "Valerie Wilson Travel" agency, based in NYC New York /celebration-leisure-corporate-cruise travel company).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.