AmaKristina Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaKristina
|Year built||2016 / Age : 2|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||79 - 158|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Kristin Karst|
Review of AmaKristina
AmaKristina has a total of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades. The riverboat features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks2&3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
AmaKristina restaurants include: Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues.
The ship also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Kristina Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, swim-up bar, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaKristina cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaKristina river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaKristina cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaKristina cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
The following YouTube video shows the ship's construction at the Vahali shipyard (Serbia).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruises from Amsterdam to Basel. There is a 2-night Lucerne hotel package included in the fares.
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS ON THE RHINE" are 12-days (sailing 8 days) Christmas Markets cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, visiting France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, with 2-nights in Lucerne. Other special offers are the wine-themed river cruises featuring famous wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
- The APT AmaKristina boat is among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaLea (2018), AmaViola (2016), AmaStella (2016), AmaMora (2019), and also AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde and AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- Another unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaKristina cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- AmaWaterways' 20th riverboat was christened on May 10, 2017 in Lahnstein. The boat’s godmother is Mrs Kristin Karst - AmaWaterways company's Co-Owner and Executive Vice President. The naming ceremony coincided with the company's 15th-anniversary year.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.