AmaDara Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaDara
|Year built||2015 / Age : 4|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||92 m / 302 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2420 gt|
|Passengers||62 - 124|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of AmaDara
The AmaDara boat cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia, departing from Hanoi.
AmaDara is the newest AMA Mekong River cruise ship. She has similar design and operates on the same route as the AmaLotus ship - in Vietnam and Cambodia. The Dara ship features modern-style comfort, all-outside accommodations with Twin Balconies, and many public spaces.
The list of cabin amenities includes hotel beds, individual air-conditioning, small table with two chairs on the balcony, ample wardrobe space, writing desk, small seating area. Each of the staterooms boasts a private bathroom (glass-door shower, luxury bath amenities and a hair dryer), vanity area, phone (for onboard communication), mini-bar, personal safe. There are also complimentary fresh fruits and bottled water supplied daily. AmaDara has a total of 62 cabins (of which 48 Twin Balcony rooms, 14 Suites /2 of which Luxury /Owner's) in 5 grades.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Luxury/LS (x2, deck3, size 450ft2/42m2) and Suite/SU (x12, deck3, size330ft2/30m2)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x18, deck2), B (x26, decks 1-2-3) and C (x4, deck1) - size 226ft2/21m2.
- All staterooms are with an outside balcony combined with a French balcony window.
Ship's restaurants include: Mekong (dining room), The Tarantula Grill (specialty). AmaDara has a main restaurant, but also offers alternate dining with Asian and Western specialties. All meals are prepared by local chefs. Breakfast is buffet style, and for lunch, the selections include salads, hot entrées, soups and desserts. Dinner is multi-course with an entrées' selection. Free beer and wine are included with lunch and dinner. Complimentary soft drinks and house brand spirits are also included for guests' pleasure.
AmaDara also has a Saigon Lounge (show/enrichment program, Library, Bar), Panoramic Lounge (bow), Dara Lobby (embarkation area, Gift Shop), Fitness, Spa / Massage, top-deck (swimming pool, bar, shaded seating /observation area).
AmaDara cruise deals are inclusive of house brand alcohol (wine, beer, spirits), water and soft drinks, Internet / Wi-Fi, land tours/excursions and all transfers, live evening entertainment (by local dancers/musicians), daily enrichment lectures and discussions.
AmaDara river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaDara cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaDara cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
ms AmaDara ship operates luxury Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia (one-way route, year-round departures from Hanoi and Siem Reap). Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AMAdara river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "VIETNAM, CAMBODIA and RICHES OF MEKONG" is a 15-days (sailing 7 days) Mekong Delta cruise from Hanoi to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with embarkation in Siem Reap, and the reverse from Saigon to Hanoi. There are a total of 22 complimentary land/excursions, plus 2-night Hanoi and 2-night Saigon luxury hotel packages and 1-night Halong Bay boat cruise included in the fares.
- Note: The 7-day Mekong cruise itinerary segment is the route from Siem Reap to Saigon /Ho Chi Minh City, and the reverse from Saigon to Siem Reap. There are 14 complimentary land tours/excursions, but no Vietnam or Cambodia hotel packages included in the fares.
- Note: Mekong cruises from Vietnam are with included flight transfer from Hanoi to Siem Reap.
More itinerary information:
- Spend 2 nights in Hanoi, an overnight in Ha Long Bay. Travel to Siem Reap and spend 3 nights there before embarking on a Mekong river cruise. Your journey will end with a 2-night stay in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh).
- 16-day travel to Hanoi and return from Ho Chi Minh City, visiting Ha Long Bay, Siem Reap, Tonle Sap Lake, Kampong-Chhnang, Koh Chen, Kampong-Tralach, Phnom Penh, Tan Chau, Sa Dec, Xeo Quyt and Cai Be.
- Visited countries: Cambodia, Vietnam
- The APT AmaDara boat is one of the two AMAwaterways ships operating luxury Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam-Cambodia. The other ship is AmaLotus. Both vessels are operated by AMAwaterways division "AmaVoyages" via a partnership with the "Indochina Sails" river touring company ("Huong Hai Junks" subsidiary). Also operating in Southeast Asia is the ship AmaPura (Irrawaddy river cruises in Myanmar/Burma).
- RV AmaDara river cruise ship is a new APT boat design concept adapted for cruising on Mekong in the southwestern Vietnam-Cambodia region of Asia. As length comparison, river Mekong is the world's 12th and the Asia's 7th. Mekong is also a major trade route between Yunnan (China) and the Southeast Asia countries Laos, Myanmar/Burma and Thailand.
- Along with its both traditional and modern look, ms AmaDara features all Twin Balcony cabins (combined French- and step-out balcony) with Colonial-style interior decor, also comfortable public spaces and professionally trained service staff and crew (Vietnamese and Cambodian as nationality).
- Vietnam river cruises on Mekong operated by other major lines are offered on Viking Mekong, Avalon Siem Reap, Uniworld's River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, CroisiEurope's Indochine and Indochine II, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.