AmaVida Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaVida
|Year built||2013 / Age : 6|
|Builder||Navalria Shipyard (Aveiro, Portugal)|
|Class||Douro river cruiser|
|Ferry route / homeports||Oporto (Portugal)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||80 m / 262 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Sharon Stone|
Review of AmaVida
MS AmaVida boat cruises on Douro River in Portugal, departing from Oporto Portugal. Cruisetour itineraries are out of Porto (embarkation), but bookings offer departures either from Lisbon (Portugal) or Madrid (Spain). The itinerary route is through Douro River Valley - Portugal's wine region known as Alto Douro.
Just like most of the top-luxury riverboats in Portugal, the AMA Vida ship is a partnership between AmaWaterways (US company) and the Portuguese cruise line and tour operator DouroAzul (shipowner and boat's co-operator). MS AmaVida is a modified design Concerto-class APT river ship made specifically for cruising on Douro River. Boat's unique design resulted in elegance, spacious accommodations, spacious public areas and some really unique for a river cruiser features. The AmaVida ship is also operated by APT Touring (Australian cruisetour company).
AmaVida is a 106-passenger ship featuring spacious staterooms, ranging up to 323 sq.ft and most of them have balconies. The ship has a total number of 53 cabins (of which 2 Suite, 36 Balconies, 15 with a non-opening window). Most AmaVida cabins are French Balcony rooms (with floor-ceiling sliding glass doors opening to a railing). All Suites are combined with a second floor-ceiling window. The number of all cabin categories is 6 (max capacity 2 guests per cabin).
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x2, deck3) - size 323ft2/30m2
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x18, deck3), B (x14, deck2), C (x4, deck2) - size 215ft2/20m2
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8, deck1), E (x8, deck1) - size 161ft2/15m2.
Ship's restaurants include: Vida (dining room), "Al Fresco" (32 seats), casual dining (Bar Lounge, Sun Deck). Gourmet dining on AmaVida features International and traditional Portuguese cuisine specialties, premium service, open-deck al fresco dining option. Free-flowing local wines are provided at lunch and dinner.
AmaVida also has a Main Lounge & Bar (connected to a Teak Front Deck terrace), Vida Lobby, Gift Shop, Gym/Fitness room, Spa /Massage room, top-deck (swimming pool, sun loungers, shaded seating area, helipad).
AmaVida cruise deals are inclusive of alcohol and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, all tours/excursions, land transfers, live evening entertainment (by local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea (specialty teas-coffees complemented with snacks and fresh juices).
AmaVida river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaVida cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaVida cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
AmaVida cruises exclusively on Douro River departing from Porto. Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaVida river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "PORT WINE and FLAMENCO" are 15-days (sailing 7 days) Portugal and Spain river cruises from Lisbon to Madrid, and the reverse from Madrid to Lisbon. There are a total of 9 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 3-night Lisbon and 3-night Madrid luxury hotel packages included in the fares.
- "ENTICING DOURO" is an itinerary segment that offers 12-days (sailing 7 days) Douro river cruises from Porto (round-trip cruising, but leaving from Lisbon /hotel stay and guided touring). There are 7 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 3-night Lisbon luxury hotel package included in the fares.
- AmaVida boat is the first of all two AMAwaterways ships (together with AmaDouro) operating luxury river cruises in Portugal. The vessel is operated by AMAwaterways "AmaVoyages" division via partnership with "Douro Azul" (Portuguese river cruisetour company founded 1993). AmaVida The ship was christened by the movie-star Sharon Stone.
- The ship is a new (modified) riverboat design adapted for the specifics of River Douro - one of the biggest rivers on the Iberian Peninsula. This waterway starts near Duruelo de la Sierra (Spain) and ends at Oporto (Portugal). Famous for its port-wines production, the whole Douro Valley region is designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Along with its modern look (marine design by CMT Engineering Ldt), MS AmaVida features the convenience of onboard mini-helicopter tours,. One of the ship's many "green technology" features are the solar panels (installed on the awning's roof photovoltaic panels, covering total area 155 m2 / 1670 ft2) and combined diesel-electric propulsion.
- An unique experience on AMAwaterways river cruistours in Portugal are the complimentary bike tours. Guests can use the onboard bicycles on all excursions and tours organized in each of the itinerary ports.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaVida - user reviews and comments
Photos of AmaVidaAdd Photo
AmaVida ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The new ‘Europe, Asia and Africa’ brochure of AmaWaterways is already out including 3 new ships, 2 new itineraries and expanded wellness...June 18, 2018
- show more news
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaVida cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 13||7 days, round-trip Enticing Douro||Plage D'Arone||$2595|
|2019 May 28||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Vega de Terron||Lisbon||$3095|
|2019 Jun 25||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Vega de Terron||Lisbon||$3095|
|2019 Aug 20||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Vega de Terron||Lisbon||$2995|
|2019 Sep 17||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Vega de Terron||Lisbon||$3095|