AmaSiena Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaSiena
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Operator||APT (Australian Pacific Touring)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||AmaKristina, AmaLea, AmaMora, AmaStella, AmaViola|
Review of AmaSiena
AmaWaterways AmaSiena ship cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine and Moselle rivers departing from homeports Amsterdam, Basel, Nuremberg and Luxembourg City. The 158-passenger riverboat Siena is scheduled to enter service in 2020.
AmaSiena has a total of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades. The riverboat features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks 2-3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
Ship's restaurants include Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues.
The ship also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Siena Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, swim-up bar, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaSiena cruise deals are inclusive of the Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaSiena river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaKristina cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaKristina cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
- "VINEYARDS OF THE RHINE and MOSELLE" is from Amsterdam to Luxembourg, with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel (pre-cruise package) and 3-night Paris France hotel (post-cruise package).
- "ENCHANTING RHINE" itinerary is on the Amsterdam-Basel route, with optional 2-night Lucerne Switzerland hotel (pre-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich hotel (pre-cruise package).
- "CAPTIVATING RHINE" itinerary is on the Amsterdam-Basel route, with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel and 2-night Lucerne hotel (pre-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich hotel (pre-cruise package).
- "EUROPE'S RIVERS and CASTLES" itinerary (Nuremberg to Luxembourg) offers optional 3-night Prague (Czech Republic) hotel (pre-cruise package) and 3-night Paris hotel (post-cruise package).
- "TREASURES OF THE MAIN and RHINE" (Nuremberg-Amsterdam) offers optional 3-night Prague hotel (pre-cruise package).
- "MEDIEVAL TREASURES" (Basel-Nuremberg) offers optional 3-night Prague hotel (post-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel stays (pre-cruise package).
- "RHINE and MOSELLE SPLENDORS" (Luxembourg-Basel) offers optional 3-night Paris hotel (pre-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel stays (post-cruise package).
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS ON THE RHINE" is a Xmas Holiday-themed itinerary from Amsterdam to Basel, visiting France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, with optional 2-night hotel stays in Amsterdam and Lucerne (pre-cruise package) and 2-night hotel in Zurich (post-cruise package).
Company's wine-themed river cruises feature renown wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers on the ship.
APT AmaSiena boat is among company's newest river cruise ships of the modified Concerto-class. This is a new APT riverboat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" stateroom concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second (covered, step-out) open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
Another unique feature of AMAwaterways Siena ship are the complimentary onboard bicycles used on shore excursions/tours in each port along the cruise itineraries.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaSiena - user reviews and comments
AmaSiena ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways introduced its 2020 Europe, Asia & Africa Extensive Brochure. After a record-breaking year in 2019, the cruise line continues to...August 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways confirmed it will add a newbuild riverboat to its fleet in Europe on July 1, 2020 - AmaSiena. The 156-passenger ship will sail...April 9, 2019
- show more news
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaSiena cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Jul 08||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Luxembourg City||Nuremberg|
|2020 Jul 15||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Amsterdam||Nuremberg|
|2020 Jul 22||11 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$4293|
|2020 Aug 02||10 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$3903|
|2020 Aug 19||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Luxembourg City||Nuremberg||$2880|
|2020 Aug 26||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Luxembourg City||Nuremberg||$3249|
|2020 Sep 02||7 days, one-way from Luxembourg City to Basel||Luxembourg City||$3102|
|2020 Sep 09||7 days, one-way from Basel to Nuremberg||Basel||$3102|
|2020 Sep 16||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Amsterdam||Nuremberg||$3102|
|2020 Sep 23||11 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$4664|
|2020 Oct 04||10 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$4273|
|2020 Oct 21||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Luxembourg City||Nuremberg||$3101|
|2020 Oct 28||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Luxembourg City||Nuremberg||$3027|
|2020 Nov 04||7 days, one-way from Luxembourg City to Basel||Luxembourg City||$2732|
|2020 Nov 11||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2584|
|2020 Nov 18||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2436|
|2020 Nov 25||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2731|
|2020 Dec 02||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2584|
|2020 Dec 09||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2584|
|2020 Dec 16||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2584|
|2020 Dec 23||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2584|
AmaSiena User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review