AmaViola Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaViola
|Year built||2016 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||79 - 158|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Jackie Friedman|
Review of AmaViola
The AmaViola boat cruises on Rhine and Danube Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Zurich and Prague. The 158-passenger AmaViola debuted in 2016. She features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies.
AmaViola has a total number of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades. The exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks2&3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues. Ship's restaurants include: Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco).
AmaViola also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Viola Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift). Passengers on AMA Viola tend to be 45+, mainly American.
AmaViola cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaViola river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaViola cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaViola cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaViola river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "MAGNIFICENT EUROPE" are 16-days (sailing 15 days) Rhine-Main-Danube river cruises from Budapest to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Budapest. There are 5 optional and 16 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” are 13-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Zurich (Basel disembarkation /embarkation). There are 4 optional and 8 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus a 2-night Lucerne hotel package included in the fares.
- “MELODIES OF THE DANUBE” are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen disembarkation, inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- “ROMANTIC DANUBE” are 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation). They additionally include 2-night Budapest and 3-night Prague luxury hotel packages, and some free-time in Karlovy Vary during the Nuremberg-Prague transfer.
- "TULIP TIME" are 9-days (sailing 7 days) cruises roundtrip from Amsterdam through The Netherlands and Belgium in spring time.
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS ON THE DANUBE" are 11-days (sailing 8 days) Christmas Markets cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, with 2-nights in Prague. Other special offers are the “Wine” themed river cruises featuring famous wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
- The APT AmaViola boat is the 9th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaLea (2018), AmaKrisitna (2016), AmaStella (2016), AmaMora (2019), and also AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde and AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- Another unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaViola cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itinerary routes.
- On June 15, 2016, in Vilshofen was held the ship's christening ceremony. The boat’s godmother is Mrs Jackie Friedman - president of Nexion LLC (travel agency). The naming ceremony was attended by AmaWaterways co-founders Kristin Karst and Rudi Schreiner, also by shipbuilders, crew, local politicians, travel agents, media representatives. A local band performed a song written specifically for the new riverboat. On June 14 (also in Vilshofen) was christened the sister-ship AmaStella.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaViola - user reviews and comments
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaViola cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 20||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Giurgiu||Budapest||$2480|
|2019 Apr 28||7 days, one-way from Giurgiu to Budapest||Giurgiu||$2621|