AmaDolce Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaDolce
|Year built||2009 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Grave BV (Grave, Holland)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3350 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of AmaDolce
The AmaDolce boat cruises on Dordogne and Garonne rivers departing from Bordeaux, France. Round-trip itineraries with departures from Paris France are price-inclusive of the flights from Paris to Bordeaux (as embarkation/disembarkation port) and scenic bus travel from Bordeaux to Paris through the Loire Valley.
The AmaDolce cruise ship features luxurious staterooms, including spacious bathrooms, showers, multi-jet shower heads, first-run Hollywood movies and complimentary Internet access. AmaDolce has a total of 75 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 58 French Balconies, 13 with non-opening twin windows) in 7 grades.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - JS (x3, deck3) - size 255ft2/24m2
- Large Balcony Stateroom - AP (x1, deck3), size 225ft/21m2
- French Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x28, decks2&3), C (x8, decks2&3) - size 170ft2/16m2
- Single Balcony Staterooms - S (x2, deck2), size 140ft2/13m2
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x7, deck1), E (x6, deck1) - size 170ft2/16m2.
Ship's restaurants include: Verde (dining room), al fresco dining (Main Lounge, Sun Deck).
AmaDolce also has a Main Lounge & Bar (comfortable public space with Teak Front Deck terrace for enjoying nightly entertainment and meeting fellow guests), Aft Lounge (observation), Dolce Lobby, Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Spa, Massage & Beauty Salon, top-deck (jacuzzi, sun loungers, shaded seating area, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaDolce cruise deals are inclusive of alcohol and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, all tours/excursions, coach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea/water.
AmaDolce river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaDolce cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaDolce cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaDolce river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" and "BLUE DANUBE DISCOVERY" itineraries are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague. The disembarkation ports are, respectively, Vilshofen ("MELODIES") and Nuremberg ("DISCOVERY"). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Prague luxury hotel package included.
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" and "LEGENDARY DANUBE" itineraries are 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Prague to Budapest, inclusive of 3-night Prague luxury hotel package, also 2-night Budapest hotel package ("LEGENDARY") and some free-time in Karlovy Vary during the Nuremberg-Prague transfer. Embarkation ports are, respectively, Vilshofen ("ROMANTIC") and Nuremberg ("LEGENDARY").
- "EUROPE RIVERS AND CASTLES" is 14-days (sailing 7-days) Moselle and Main river cruise from Prague to Paris, and the reverse from Paris to Prague. There are 5 optional and 17 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Prague and 3-night Paris luxury hotel packages included.
- "ULTIMATE RIVER CRUISE" is a 19-days (sailing 14 days) Moselle, Main and Danube cruise from Budapest to Paris, and the reverse from Paris to Budapest. There are 9 optional and 12 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 3-night Paris luxury hotel package included in the fares.
- The APT AmaDolce boat is the 6th (last) among the new generation AMA river cruise ships of the Aria-class (preceding the newest Concerto-class boats). Her sisters are AmaCello, AmaDagio, AmaDante, AmaLegro, AmaLyra. This is a new APT river cruise ship design featuring the "French Balcony" accommodations concept (sliding floor-to-ceiling glass doors). Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Cummins" marine diesel engines (model "KTA 38 M1", total power output 1620 kW / 2170 HP).
- An unique experience on AMAwaterways AmaDolce cruises are the complimentary bike tours. Guests can use the onboard bicycles on all excursions and tours organized in each of the ports along the itineraries.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaDolce - user reviews and comments
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaDolce cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Grand Bordeaux||Bordeaux||$2895|
|2019 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Grand Bordeaux||Bordeaux||$2895|
|2019 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Grand Bordeaux||Bordeaux||$3145|