AmaMora Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaMora
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Operator||APT (Australian Pacific Touring)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||79 - 158|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Libbie Rice|
Review of AmaMora
The AmaMora ship cruises on Rhine River departing from Amsterdam and Basel. The 158-passenger riverboat was scheduled for launch in 2019 - together with the fleetmate (Europe's largest riverboat) AmaMagna. The AMAwaterways cruise company is also considering 3 additional vessels for 2019 to operate in Asia (rivers Irrawaddy and Ganges) and on Douro River (in Portugal).
The cruise ship features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each. AmaMora has a total number of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks2&3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
Ship's restaurants include: Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues.
The ship also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Mora Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift). Passengers on AMA Mora tend to be 45+, mainly American.
AmaMora cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaMora river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaMora cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaMora cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruises from Amsterdam to Basel. There is a 2-night Lucerne hotel package included in the fares.
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS ON THE RHINE" are 12-days (sailing 8 days) Christmas Markets cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, visiting France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, with 2-nights in Lucerne. Other special offers are the “Wine” themed river cruises featuring famous wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
- The ship also operates on wine-themed cruises.
- The APT AmaMora boat is the 11th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaLea (2018), AmaKrisitna (2016), AmaStella (2016), AmaViola (2016), and also AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde and AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- Another unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaMora cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itinerary routes.
- In the end of October 2018 was announced boat's godmother - Libbie Rice, co-president of Ensemble Travel Group (1968-founded, member-owned and -run organization of approx 850 independent travel agencies).
- Ship's official christening ceremony was scheduled for July 15, 2019, to be held in Lahnstein (Rhineland-Palatinate state, Germany). The 7-night inaugural cruise itinerary (from Amsterdam to Basel) offers 20 complimentary tours ashore.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaMora - user reviews and comments
AmaMora ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways announced that co-president of Ensemble Travel Group, Libbie Rice, will serve as Godmother of AmaMora, one of the 3 new ships...October 27, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The new ‘Europe, Asia and Africa’ brochure of AmaWaterways is already out including 3 new ships, 2 new itineraries and expanded wellness...June 18, 2018
- show more news