AmaSerena Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaSerena
|Year built||2015 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Kristin Karst|
Review of AmaSerena
The AmaSerena boat cruises on Danube and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Zurich/Basel, and Prague/Vilshofen. The 164-passenger AmaSerena debuts in 2015 as a sister ship to AmaPrima. She also features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies.
AmaSerena has a total number of 85 cabins (of which 5 Suite, 51 Twin Balcony, 10 French Balconies, 19 with a not-opening window) in 9 grades. The exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 300 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - STE (x3, deck3), sizes 350ft2/33m2
- Large Balcony Staterooms - AP (x1, deck3) - sizes 250ft2/23m2
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x11, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x10, deck3), BB (x15, deck2) - size AA/AB (235ft2/22m2), BB 210ft2/19m2.
- French Balcony Staterooms - C (x16, decks2&3) - sizes 170ft2/16m2.
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x13, deck1), E (x4, deck1), sizes 160ft2/15m2.
Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues. Ship's restaurants include: Verde (dining room), Bella Cucina (Italian), Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco).
AmaSerena also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Serena Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift). Passengers on AMA Serena tend to be 45+, mainly American. The crew ratio at full capacity is one to 3.3 guests.
AmaSerena cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaSerena river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaSerena cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaSerena cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaSerena river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” are 13-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruises from Amsterdam to Zurich (Basel disembarkation), and the reverse from Zurich to Amsterdam. There are 4 optional and 8 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel packages included.
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen disembarkation, inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation). They additionally include 2-night Budapest and 3-night Prague luxury hotel packages, and some free-time in Karlovy Vary during the Nuremberg-Prague transfer.
- "MAGNIFICENT EUROPE" are 16-days (sailing 15 days) Rhine-Main-Danube river cruises from Budapest to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Budapest. There are 5 optional and 16 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares.
- "Christmas on the Rhine" are (Christmas Markets cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary], with 2-nights in Prague. Other special offers are the "Wine" themed river cruises featuring famous wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
- The APT AmaSerena boat is the 7th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSonata, AmaVerde, AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- An unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaSerena cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- The AMA cruise ship Serena was christened in Vilshofen (Germany) on August 4, 2015. The boat’s godmother is Mrs Kristin Karst - wife of the AmaWaterways's president and CEO Mr Rudi Schreiner.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.