AmaSerena current position
Specifications of AmaSerena
|Year built||2015 / Age: 7|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Belgrade, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSonata, AmaVerde, AmaVenita|
|Christened by||Kristin Karst|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Dec 25||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2016|
Review of AmaSerena
The AmaSerena boat cruises on Danube and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Zurich/Basel, and Prague/Vilshofen. The 164-passenger AmaSerena debuts in 2015 as a sister ship to AmaPrima. She also features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies.
AmaSerena has a total number of 85 cabins (of which 5 Suite, 51 Twin Balcony, 10 French Balconies, 19 with a not-opening window) in 9 grades. The exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 300 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - STE (x3, deck3), sizes 350ft2/33m2
- Large Balcony Staterooms - AP (x1, deck3) - sizes 250ft2/23m2
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x11, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x10, deck3), BB (x15, deck2) - size AA/AB (235ft2/22m2), BB 210ft2/19m2.
- French Balcony Staterooms - C (x16, decks2&3) - sizes 170ft2/16m2.
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x13, deck1), E (x4, deck1), sizes 160ft2/15m2.
Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues. Ship's restaurants include Verde (dining room), Bella Cucina (Italian), Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco).
AmaSerena also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Serena Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift). Passengers on AMA Serena tend to be 45+, mainly American. The crew ratio at full capacity is one to 3.3 guests.
AmaSerena cruise deals are inclusive of the Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaSerena river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaSerena cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaSerena cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaSerena river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” are 13-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruises from Amsterdam to Zurich (Basel disembarkation), and the reverse from Zurich to Amsterdam. There are 4 optional and 8 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel packages included.
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen disembarkation, inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation). They additionally include 2-night Budapest and 3-night Prague luxury hotel packages, and some free-time in Karlovy Vary during the Nuremberg-Prague transfer.
- "MAGNIFICENT EUROPE" is 16-days (sailing 15 days) Rhine-Main-Danube river cruises from Budapest to Amsterdam and the reverse from Amsterdam to Budapest. There are 5 optional and 16 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares.
- "Christmas on the Rhine" is (Christmas Markets cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary) with 2-nights in Prague. Other special offers are the "Wine" themed river cruises featuring famous wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
AmaSerena - user reviews and comments
AmaSerena ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways recently announced that 18 riverboats in its European fleet (excluding Portugal-based ships) have earned the prestigious Green Award...June 6, 2020
- Cruise Industry
One of the world's largest river cruise companies - AmaWaterways opened bookings for most of its 2022 itinerary program - or 6 months ahead of...May 13, 2020
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways announced its 2021 cruises are now open for reservations, with rewards for those guests who book early. The company will welcome a brand...November 6, 2019
- show more news
Other APT River Cruises cruise ships
The APT AmaSerena boat (ENI number 07002014) is the 7th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class, with sisterships AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSonata, AmaVerde, AmaVenita. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
Vessel's construction (hull and superstructure) was done at the Vahali Shipyard in Belgrade Serbia. The 1923-founded Dutch shipbuilding company (Scheepswerf En Machinefabriek Vahali BV) owns and operates yards in Serbia (Belgrade, and Zasavica) and in Holland (Gendt). Vahali Shipyard Zasavica was officially opened in 2013. Following the construction in Serbia, the AmaSerena ship was towed to Holland for final outfitting at Scheepswerf Vahali (Gendt).
The AMA cruise ship Serena was christened in Vilshofen (Germany) on August 4, 2015. The boat’s godmother is Mrs Kristin Karst - wife of the AmaWaterways's president and CEO Mr Rudi Schreiner.
All AMAwaterways ships provide complimentary bicycles (stored on the boat's sundeck) on shore excursions/tours in each port along the cruise itineraries.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaSerena User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review