AmaLucia Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaLucia
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards Zasavica (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Operator||APT (Australian Pacific Touring)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||AmaKristina, AmaLea, AmaMora, AmaSiena, AmaStella, AmaViola|
Review of AmaLucia
AmaWaterways AmaLucia ship cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine and Moselle rivers departing from homeports Amsterdam, Basel (Zurich), Nuremberg and Luxembourg City. The 158-passenger ship Lucia is among AmaWaterways' newest riverboats (fleet's 25th vessel) and scheduled to enter service in May 2021.
Next are listed Lucia's sisterships (the modified Concerto-class series) with their launch years - AmaKristina (2016), AmaLea (2018), AmaMora (2019), AmaSiena (2020), AmaStella (2016), AmaViola (2016).
AmaLucia has a total of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades. The riverboat features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks 2-3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
Ship's restaurants include Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues.
The ship also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Lucia Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, swim-up bar, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaLucia cruise deals are inclusive of the Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaLucia river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaKristina cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaKristina cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
- "TULIP TIME" is a 7-day itinerary roundtrip from Amsterdam visiting Hoorn, Ghent, Antwerp, Rotterdam, Kinderdijk, Schoonhoven, and ending in Amsterdam (overnight, with Canal Cruise).
- "VINEYARDS OF THE RHINE and MOSELLE" is from Amsterdam to Luxembourg, with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel (pre-cruise package) and 3-night Paris France hotel (post-cruise package).
- "ENCHANTING RHINE" itinerary is on the Amsterdam-Basel route, with optional 2-night Lucerne Switzerland hotel (pre-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich hotel (pre-cruise package).
- "CAPTIVATING RHINE" itinerary is on the Amsterdam-Basel route, with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel and 2-night Lucerne hotel (pre-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich hotel (pre-cruise package).
- "EUROPE'S RIVERS and CASTLES" itinerary (Nuremberg to Luxembourg) offers optional 3-night Prague (Czech Republic) hotel (pre-cruise package) and 3-night Paris hotel (post-cruise package).
- "TREASURES OF THE MAIN and RHINE" itinerary (Nuremberg-Amsterdam) offers optional 3-night Prague hotel (pre-cruise package).
- "MEDIEVAL TREASURES" itinerary (Basel-Nuremberg) offers optional 3-night Prague hotel (post-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel stays (pre-cruise package).
- "RHINE and MOSELLE SPLENDORS" itinerary (Luxembourg-Basel) offers optional 3-night Paris hotel (pre-cruise package) and 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel stays (post-cruise package).
- "RHINE and MOSELLE DELIGHTS" itinerary (Basel-Amsterdam) is a 10-day cruisetour with optional 2-night hotel in Zurich or Lucerne (pre-package).
- "RHINE and MOSELLE FAIRYTALES" itinerary (Amsterdam-Basel) is an 11-day cruisetour with optional 2-night hotel in Amsterdam (pre-package) and 2-night hotel in Zurich and/or Lucerne (post-package).
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS ON THE RHINE" is a Xmas Holiday-themed cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, visiting France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, with optional 2-night hotel stays in Amsterdam and Lucerne (pre-cruise package) and 2-night hotel in Zurich (post-cruise package).
Company's wine-themed river cruises feature renown wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers on the ship.
AmaLucia - user reviews and comments
AmaLucia ship related cruise news
Other APT River Cruises cruise ships
APT AmaLucia boat is among company's newest river cruise ships of the modified Concerto-class, with sisterships AmaKristina (2016), AmaLea (2018), AmaMora (2019), AmaSiena (2020), AmaStella (2016), AmaViola (2016). This is a new APT riverboat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" stateroom concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second (covered, step-out) open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
The name of boat's godmother is not officially announced yet. AmaLucia ship's inaugural cruise is scheduled for March 16, 2021. The 7-day "Tulip Time" cruise is a roundtrip from Amsterdam Holland.
Vessel's construction (hull and superstructure, ENI number xxx) is currently done at the Vahali Shipyard in Zasavica (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia). The 1923-founded Dutch shipbuilding company (Scheepswerf En Machinefabriek Vahali BV) owns and operates yards in Serbia (Belgrade, and Zasavica) and in Holland (Gendt). Vahali Shipyard Zasavica was officially opened in 2013. Following the construction in Serbia, the AmaLucia ship will be towed to Holland for final outfitting at Scheepswerf Vahali (Gendt).
All AMAwaterways ships provide complimentary bicycles (stored on the boat's sundeck) on shore excursions/tours in each port along the cruise itineraries.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaLucia User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review