AmaLotus Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaLotus
|Year built||2011 / Age : 7|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Length (LOA)||92 m / 302 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||950 gt|
|Passengers||62 - 124|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Current itinerary of AmaLotus
AmaLotus current cruise is 11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My. Prices start from USD 5545 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 06 Dec, 2018 and ends on 17 Dec, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Dec||Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, Cambodia|
|11 Dec||Kampong Chhnang, Cambodia|
|12 Dec||Chong Koh, Cambodia|
|12 Dec||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|13 Dec||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|14 Dec||Mekong River, Vietnam-Cambodia|
|15 Dec||Mekong River, Vietnam-Cambodia|
|16 Dec||Cai Be, Mekong Delta, Vietnam|
|17 Dec||Arriving in Phu My, Ho Chi Minh City-Saigon, Vietnam|
Review of AmaLotus
The AmaLotus boat cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia, departing from Siem Reap and Hanoi.
AmaLotus has a total of 62 cabins (of which 56 Twin Balcony Suites /with 2 Owner's, and 6 with non-opening Porthole Windows) in 5 grades. The 124-passenger cruise ship features one of the most spacious suites in industry, up to 624 sq. ft., with 90 % of the staterooms boasting outside verandas. Ship's décor combines regional Khmer accents and Colonial elegance. All staterooms include individual air-conditioning, comfortable sitting areas, mini-bar, safe, robes and slippers, as well as a luxurious bathtub.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Luxury/SU (x2, deck3, size 624ft2/58m2) and Junior/JR (x10, deck3, size290ft2/27m2)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x22, deck2), B (x22, deck1) - size 226ft2/21m2
- RiverView Staterooms - C (x6, deck-lower) - size 226/21.
- 90% of all rooms are outside balconies.
Public areas include Lotus main restaurant which serves Western and Asian specialties. Meals are made by local chefs and include Western, Cambodian and Vietnamese cuisine. Breakfast is buffet style and for lunch, selections feature salads, hot entrées, soups and desserts. Dinner pampers with a selection of entrees and multi-course meal. Free-flowing beer and wine are a plus with every dinner and lunch on board. Complimentary soft drinks and house brand spirits are also included. AmaLotus staff is fully English-speaking.
AmaLotus also has a Saigon Lounge & Bar (show, entertainment, enrichment program, Library), Panoramic Lounge (bow), Lotus Lobby (Gift Shop, embarkation area), Gym/Fitness, 3 Spa /Massage rooms, top-deck (swimming pool, bar, large shaded seating area).
AmaLotus cruise deals are inclusive of house brand alcohol (wine, beer, spirits) and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, land tours (excursions, transfers), live evening entertainment (by local performers /Vietnamese folklore music, dances, theme dinners), daily enrichment lectures, 24-hour coffee/tea.
AmaLotus river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaLotus cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaLotus cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
ms AmaLotus cruises offer deals on Vietnam and Cambodia luxury river cruises on Mekong River (one-way, operated year-round). Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaLotus river cruise itineraries as themes:
- The "VIETNAM, CAMBODIA and RICHES OF MEKONG" itinerary offers 15-days (sailing 7 days) Mekong Delta cruises from Hanoi to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with embarkation in Siem Reap, and the reverse from Saigon to Hanoi. There are a total of 22 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Hanoi and 2-night Saigon luxury hotel packages, and 1-night Halong Bay boat cruise included in the fares.
- The 7-day Mekong river cruise itinerary covers the route from Siem Reap to Saigon /Ho Chi Minh City, and the reverse from Saigon to Siem Reap. There are 14 complimentary land tours/excursions, but no Vietnam or Cambodia hotel packages included in the fares.
- The APT AmaLotus boat is one of the two AMAwaterways ships operating luxury Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam-Cambodia. The other one is the new AmaDara ship (2015). Both vessels are operated by the AMA line's "AmaVoyages" division via a partnership with the local "Indochina Sails" river touring company (a "Huong Hai Junks" subsidiary). Also operating in the Southeast Asia region is the boat AmaPura (Irrawaddy river cruises in Burma/Myanmar).
- RV AmaLotus is a modern APT river cruise ship design concept adapted for the specifics of Mekong Delta in Southeast Asia (southwestern Vietnam). By waterway length comparison, Mekong River is the world's 12th and the Asia's 7th. Mekong is a major trade route connecting the Yunnan province in China to Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.
- Along with its traditionally modern look, the AmaLotus cruise ship features mostly full-size balcony accommodations (90% of all cabins), Colonial style interior decoration in both public spaces and cabins, professionally trained Vietnamese and Cambodian staff and crew.
- Cambodia and Vietnam river cruises on Mekong operated by other lines are offered on Viking Mekong, Avalon Siem Reap, Uniworld's River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, CroisiEurope's Indochine and Indochine II, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaLotus - user reviews and comments
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaLotus cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 22||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5545|
|2018 Nov 29||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5545|
|2018 Dec 06||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5545|
|2019 Jan 10||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5345|
|2019 Jan 17||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5345|
|2019 Jan 24||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5345|
|2019 Jan 31||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5345|
|2019 Feb 07||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5345|
|2019 Feb 14||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5345|
|2019 Feb 21||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5345|
|2019 Feb 28||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5345|
|2019 Mar 07||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5345|
|2019 Mar 14||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5345|
|2019 Mar 21||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5345|
|2019 Mar 28||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5345|
|2019 Apr 04||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$5195|
|2019 Apr 11||11 days, one-way from Siem Reap to Phu My||Siem Reap||$5195|