Specifications of AmaLotus
|Year built||2011 / Age: 9|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Length (LOA)||92 m / 302 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||950 gt|
|Passengers||62 - 124|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of AmaLotus
RV AmaLotus boat cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia, departing from Siem Reap, My Tho and Saigon. AmaLotus has similar design and itineraries as the 2015-built fleetmate AmaDara. Both ships are operated by AmaWaterways - one of world's largest river cruise companies.
AmaLotus has a total of 62 cabins (of which 56 Twin Balcony Suites /with 2 Owner's, and 6 with non-opening Porthole Windows) in 5 grades. The 124-passenger cruise ship features one of the most spacious suites in the industry, up to 624 sq. ft., with 90 % of the staterooms boasting outside verandas. Ship's décor combines regional Khmer accents and Colonial elegance. All staterooms include individual air-conditioning, comfortable sitting areas, mini-bar, safe, robes and slippers, as well as a luxurious bathtub.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Luxury/SU (x2, deck3, size 624ft2/58m2) and Junior/JR (x10, deck3, size290ft2/27m2)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x22, deck2), B (x22, deck1) - size 226ft2/21m2
- RiverView Staterooms - C (x6, deck-lower) - size 226/21.
- 90% of all rooms are outside balconies.
Public areas include Lotus main restaurant which serves Western and Asian specialties. Meals are made by local chefs and include Western, Cambodian and Vietnamese cuisine. Breakfast is buffet style and for lunch, selections feature salads, hot entrées, soups and desserts. Dinner pampers with a selection of entrees and a multi-course meal. Free-flowing beer and wine are a plus with every dinner and lunch on board. Complimentary soft drinks and house brand spirits are also included. AmaLotus staff is fully English-speaking.
AmaLotus also has a Saigon Lounge & Bar (show, entertainment, enrichment program, Library), Panoramic Lounge (bow), Lotus Lobby (Gift Shop, embarkation area), Gym/Fitness, 3 Spa /Massage rooms, top-deck (swimming pool, bar, large shaded seating area).
AmaLotus cruise deals are inclusive of house-brand alcohol (wine, beer, spirits) and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, land tours (excursions, transfers), live evening entertainment (by local performers /Vietnamese folklore music, dances, theme dinners), daily enrichment lectures, 24-hour coffee/tea.
AmaLotus river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaLotus cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaLotus cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
ms AmaLotus cruises offer deals on Vietnam and Cambodia luxury river cruises on Mekong River (one-way, operated year-round). Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaLotus river cruise itineraries as themes:
- The "VIETNAM, CAMBODIA and RICHES OF MEKONG" itinerary offers 15-days (sailing 7 days) Mekong Delta cruises from Hanoi to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with embarkation in Siem Reap, and the reverse from Saigon to Hanoi. There are a total of 22 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Hanoi and 2-night Saigon luxury hotel packages, and 1-night Halong Bay boat cruise included in the fares.
- The 7-day Mekong river cruise itinerary covers the route from Siem Reap to Saigon /Ho Chi Minh City and the reverse from Saigon to Siem Reap. There are 14 complimentary land tours/excursions, but no Vietnam or Cambodia hotel packages included in the fares.
Next tables show the introduced in 2019 on AmaLotus 7-day itineraries, with prices starting from ~USD 2200 pp (double occupancy rates).
7-day between homeports My Tho and Siem Reap
|Date / Time||Port|
|21 Mar||Departing from My Tho, Vietnam|
|22 Mar||Cai Be, Vietnam|
|22 Mar||Sa Dec, Vietnam|
|23 Mar||Tan Chau, Vietnam|
|24-25 Mar (overnight)||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|25 Mar||Koh Chen, Cambodia|
|26 Mar||Kampong Tralach, Cambodia|
|26 Mar||Oudong, Cambodia|
|27 Mar||Kampong Chhnang, Cambodia|
|27 Mar||Tonle Sap Lake|
|28 Mar||Arriving in Siem Reap, Cambodia|
7-day between homeports Siem Reap and Saigon
|Date / Time||Port|
|28 Mar||Departing from Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|29 Mar||Kampong Chhnang, Cambodia|
|30 Mar||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|30 Mar||Chong Koh, Cambodia|
|31 Mar||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|01-02 Apr||Mekong River|
|03 Apr||Cai Be, Vietnam|
|04 Apr||Arriving in Saigon, Vietnam|
AmaLotus - user reviews and comments
Other APT River Cruises cruise ships
- The APT AmaLotus boat is one of the two AMAwaterways ships operating luxury Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam-Cambodia. The other one is the new AmaDara ship (2015). Both vessels are operated by the AMA line's "AmaVoyages" division via a partnership with the local "Indochina Sails" river touring company (a "Huong Hai Junks" subsidiary). Also operating in the Southeast Asia region is the boat AmaPura (Irrawaddy river cruises in Burma/Myanmar).
- RV AmaLotus is a modern APT river cruise ship design concept adapted for the specifics of Mekong Delta in Southeast Asia (southwestern Vietnam). By waterway length comparison, Mekong River is the world's 12th and Asia's 7th. The Mekong is a major trade route connecting the Yunnan province in China to Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.
- Along with its traditionally modern look, the AmaLotus cruise ship features mostly full-size balcony accommodations (90% of all cabins), Colonial style interior decoration in both public spaces and cabins, professionally trained Vietnamese and Cambodian staff and crew.
- Cambodia and Vietnam river cruises on the Mekong operated by other lines are offered on Viking Mekong, Avalon Siem Reap, Uniworld's River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, CroisiEurope's Indochine and Indochine II, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaLotus User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review