AmaLyra Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaLyra
|Year built||2009 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Grave BV (Holland)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3350 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 148|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Michelle Morgan|
Current itinerary of AmaLyra
AmaLyra current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine. Prices start from USD 5918 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 20 Sep, 2018 and ends on 27 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Sep||Departing from Paris, France|
|21 Sep||Paris, France|
|22 Sep||Vernon, France|
|23 Sep||Le Havre, Paris, France|
|23 Sep||Honfleur, France|
|24 Sep||Rives-en-Seine, France|
|25 Sep||Rouen, France|
|26 Sep||Les Andelys, France|
|27 Sep||Arriving in Paris, France|
Review of AmaLyra
The AmaLyra boat cruises on Mosel, Rhine and Danube rivers, departing from Budapest, Luxembourg, Nurnberg and Vilshofen/Munich.
AmaLyra has a total of 75 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 58 French Balconies, 13 with non-opening twin windows) in 7 grades.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - JS (x3, deck3) - size 255ft2/24m2
- Large Balcony Stateroom - AP (x1, deck3), size 225ft2/21m2
- French Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x28, decks2&3), C (x8, decks2&3) - size 170ft2/16m2
- Single Balcony Staterooms - S (x1, deck2), size 140ft2/13m2
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x7, deck1), E (x6, deck1) - sizes 170ft2/16m2.
Introduced in 2009, AmaLyra quickly won the distinction "Best New River Cruise Ship". All contemporary artwork is the hallmark of Lyra luxurious vessel. Relax in the spacious accommodations and benefit from the additional amenities including Infotainment System and first-run Hollywood movies.
Ship's restaurants include: Verde (dining room, located on the Cello Deck), al fresco dining (Main Lounge, Sun Deck). Gourmet dining in AmaLyra restaurant brings outstanding cuisine with attentive service. Fine regional cuisine is served under the directions of Chaîne des Rôtisseurs gold medal chefs.
AmaLyra also has a Main Lounge & Bar (with Teak Front Deck terrace), Aft Lounge (observation), Lyra Lobby, Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Spa, Massage & Beauty Salon, top-deck (jacuzzi, sun loungers, shaded seating area, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaLyra cruise deals are inclusive of alcohol and soft beverages, Internet / Wi-Fi, all tours/excursions, coach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea/water.
AmaLyra river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaLyra cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaLyra cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaLyra river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" and "BLUE DANUBE DISCOVERY" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague. Disembarkation ports are, respectively, Vilshofen ("MELODIES") and Nuremberg ("DISCOVERY"). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Prague luxury hotel package included.
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" and "LEGENDARY DANUBE" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Prague to Budapest, inclusive of 3-night Prague luxury hotel package, also 2-night Budapest hotel package ("LEGENDARY") and some free-time in Karlovy Vary during the Nuremberg-Prague transfer. Embarkation ports are, respectively, Vilshofen ("ROMANTIC") and Nuremberg ("LEGENDARY").
- "EUROPE RIVERS AND CASTLES" is 14-days (sailing 7-days) Moselle and Main river cruise from Prague to Paris, and the reverse from Paris to Prague. There are 5 optional and 17 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Prague and 3-night Paris luxury hotel packages included.
- "ULTIMATE RIVER CRUISE" is a 19-days (sailing 14 days) Moselle, Main and Danube cruise from Budapest to Paris, and the reverse from Paris to Budapest. There are 9 optional and 12 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 3-night Paris luxury hotel package included.
- "TULIP TIME” is a 7-days Belgium and Holland river cruise from Amsterdam (round-trip) with 3 optional and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares.
- The APT AmaLyra boat is the 5th of the new generation AMA river cruise boats of the Aria-class (preceding the line's newest Concerto-class ships). Her sisters are AmaCello, AmaDagio (combined itineraries), AmaDante, AmaDolce, AmaLegro. This is a new APT river cruise ship design featuring the "French Balcony" accommodations concept (sliding floor-to-ceiling glass doors). Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Cummins" marine diesel engines (model "KTA 38 M1", total power output 1620 kW / 2170 HP).
- An unique experience on AMAwaterways AmaLyra cruises are the complimentary bike tours. Guests can use the onboard bicycles on all excursions and tours organized in each of the ports along the itinerary routes.
- The AMA cruise ship Lyra was launched in 2009 on April 12. It was christened in Vilshofen (Germany) by mrs Michelle Morgan - at that time President of "Signature Travel Network" company. "Signature Travel Network" is a cooperative of travel agencies and consulting offices worldwide, offering exclusive benefits on cruises, land tours, hotel and resort vacations with bookings through Signature.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaLyra - user reviews and comments
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaLyra cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 May 31||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris|
|2018 Jun 07||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3867|
|2018 Jun 14||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3867|
|2018 Jun 21||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3867|
|2018 Jun 28||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3867|
|2018 Jul 05||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3766|
|2018 Jul 12||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$4718|
|2018 Jul 19||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3766|
|2018 Jul 26||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$4718|
|2018 Aug 02||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3766|
|2018 Aug 16||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3867|
|2018 Aug 23||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$8168|
|2018 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$4066|
|2018 Sep 06||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$4066|
|2018 Sep 13||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$4066|
|2018 Sep 20||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$5918|
|2018 Sep 27||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$4066|
|2018 Oct 04||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3968|
|2018 Oct 11||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3867|
|2018 Oct 18||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3766|
|2018 Oct 25||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3567|
|2018 Nov 01||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3368|
|2018 Nov 08||7 days, round-trip Paris & Normandy||Paris||$3267|
|2019 May 30||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$4492|
|2019 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$4642|
|2019 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$4642|
|2019 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$5018|
|2019 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Romantic Seine||Paris||$4718|