AmaVerde Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaVerde
|Year built||2011 / Age : 8|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Operator||APT (Australian Pacific Touring)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Judy Vanrenen|
Current itinerary of AmaVerde
AmaVerde current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest, themed as "Easter". Prices start from USD 2595 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 13 Apr, 2019 and ends on 27 Apr, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|13 Apr||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|14 Apr||Amsterdam, Holland|
|15 Apr||Cologne, Germany|
|16 Apr||Rudesheim am Rhein, Germany|
|17 Apr||Miltenberg, Germany|
|18 Apr||Wurzburg, Germany|
|19 Apr||Bamberg, Germany|
|20 Apr||Nuremberg, Germany|
|20 Apr||Main-Danube Canal, Germany|
|21 Apr||Regensburg, Germany|
|22 Apr||Passau, Germany|
|22 Apr||Linz, Austria|
|23 Apr||Melk, Austria|
|23 Apr||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|23 Apr||Durnstein, Austria|
|24 Apr - 25 Apr||Vienna, Austria(Overnight)|
|25 Apr||Vienna, Austria|
|26 Apr - 27 Apr||Budapest, Hungary(Overnight)|
|27 Apr||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|
Review of AmaVerde
The AmaVerde boat cruises on Danube River departing from Budapest, Prague and Vilshofen. AmaVerde debuted on Danube River in 2011. She is 161-passenger, second "Twin Balcony" ship in Europe and has the largest average staterooms in Europe together with AmaBella, her sister ship.
AmaVerde has a total of 85 cabins (of which 5 Suite, 51 Twin Balcony, 10 French Balconies, 19 with a not-opening window) in 9 grades.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x5, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x12, deck3), AB (x19, deck3), BA (x8, deck3), BB (x8, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x10, decks2&3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x12), E (x6, deck1)
- Single RiverView Stateroom - E1 (x1, deck1).
AmaVerde offers a variety of dining options. Ship's restaurants include Verde (dining room), Bella Cucina (Italian), Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). At Erlebnis Chef’s Table, exclusive 24-seat dining venue, passengers can witness a private chef preparing a tasting menu. On select days, they can also enjoy lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck.
The Sun Deck also provides lounge chairs, putting green, a heated pool and Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, as well as a walking track. The Violin Deck shelters Erlebnis Chef’s Table, the Observation Lounge and Main Lounge & Bar, as well as the gift shop, library, fitness, sauna and Hair Salon. Another Wine Bar is located on the Cello Deck. AmaVerde also has giant chess and 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaVerde cruise deals are inclusive of the Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaVerde river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaVerde cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaVerde cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaVerde river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" are 10-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague or Munich (Vilshofen disembarkation).
- The reverse route is called "THE ROMANTIC DANUBE", 12-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus a 3-night (Prague or Munich) hotel package included.
- "MAGNIFICENT EUROPE” is a 16-days (sailing 15 days) Rhine-Main-Danube river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Budapest. There are 5 optional and 16 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares.
- The APT AmaVerde boat was the 2nd of the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- A unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaVerde cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- AMA cruise ship Verde was launched in 2011 on May 24th. It was christened in Vienna (Austria) by Mrs Judy Vanrenen - APT Botanica's founder and co-owner. "Botanica World Discoveries" is an "APT Touring" company (part of APT Group) that specializes in themed travel (river cruises and land tours), including touring homes, castles, famous botanical gardens.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaVerde - user reviews and comments
Other APT River Cruises cruise ships
The below listed AmaVerde cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 13||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$2595|
|2019 Apr 27||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4095|
|2019 May 11||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4195|
|2019 May 25||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4195|
|2019 Jun 08||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4195|
|2019 Jun 22||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4195|
|2019 Jul 06||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4095|
|2019 Jul 20||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest|
|2019 Aug 03||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam|
|2019 Aug 17||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4095|
|2019 Aug 31||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4095|
|2019 Sep 14||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4195|
|2019 Sep 28||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4195|
|2019 Oct 12||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3895|
|2019 Oct 26||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3895|
|2019 Nov 09||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$2795|
|2019 Nov 23||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$2845|