53 °F / 12 °C
Ruse (aka Russe or Rousse), is a Danube River cruise port and Bulgaria's 5th largest city (population around 150,000). It is located on the river's right bank, opposite to Giurgiu Romania, approx 75 km (47 ml) south of Bucharest (Romania's capital), 200 km (124 ml) east of Black Sea and 300 km (186 ml) north from Sofia (Bulgaria's capital).
Rousse is Bulgaria's most important river port, serving the country's European shipping trade. The city is famous for the plenty of well preserved 19th century buildings. There are a total of 272 cultural monuments. Most of the tourist sights are at the city center (theater, opera, museums, architectural landmarks, hotels, restaurants, cafes, shops).
- The main street of the city of Ruse is "Aleksandrovska". It is an interesting architectural ensemble of buildings in Neo-Rococo, Neo-Baroque, and other architectural styles.
- The Monument of Liberty was created at the beginning of 20th century by Arnoldo Zocchi (Italian sculptor). As time went by, the monument gained significance as one of the symbols of Ruse, and now forms part of its coat of arms.
- Dohodno Zdanie is a Neoclassical edifice in the city centre, built in 1898–1902 in order to accommodate the local theatre performances. together with the Monument of Liberty, it's a symbol of Ruse.
- Girdap was Bulgaria's first privately owned bank. It was established in 1881, and became one of the six largest Bulgarian banks. Today the main building is a favorite meeting point and houses the administration of the Chamber of Commerce.
- The old city centre is the square around Rousse Historical Museum. Located on the square is the regional library "Lyuben Karavelov". The building is decorated with beautiful baroque ornaments.
Ruse is famous for its unique 19th-20th-century Neo-Rococo and Neo-Baroque architecture, attracting many tourists. It has often been called 'the Little Vienna'. The Ruse-Giurgiu Friendship Bridge was the only one in the Bulgarian-Romanian section of Danube until June 14, 2013 and crosses the river here.
Port Ruse cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ruse, Rousse-Russe, Bulgaria. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|5 November, 2019|
|7 November, 2019|
|9 November, 2019|
|9 November, 2019|
|11 November, 2019|
|12 November, 2019|
|14 November, 2019|