SS Beatrice Review and Specifications
Specifications of SS Beatrice
|Year built||2009 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop BV (Lobith, Holland)|
|Owner||(TravCorp) The Travel Corporation|
|Operator||Uniworld River Cruises|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||125 m / 410 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||River Beatrice|
|Christened by||Beatrice Tollman|
Review of SS Beatrice
Uniworld SS Beatrice (formerly "River Beatrice") ship cruises on Danube River with itineraries departing from Budapest Hungary and Passau Germany. SS Beatrice's itinerary program includes 6 itineraries visiting port cities in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria. aUniworld (officially "Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") is a major river cruise company part of The Travel Corporation group.
Following a major drydock refurbishment in 2018, River Beatrice was upgraded into "Super Ship" and renamed "SS Beatrice", joining the Uniworld's "super ship" fleetmates SS Antoinette, SS Catherine, SS Joie de Vivre, SS Maria Theresa and SS Bon Voyage (formerly River Royale).
MS River Beatrice was launched in 2009 as the company's 10th riverboat. All her cabins are outside, maintained twice a day, and featuring premium bedding, direct-dial telephone, controllable AC, flat-screen TV, built-in safe and compact bathroom with L’Occitane products. An elevator services all decks. Each of the 76 staterooms has superior bedding, and 67 of them (middle and upper deck) are with French balconies. The suites are with private balconies and offer extra amenities (bottle of wine upon arrival, daily cookies and fruits plate, DVDs, larger sitting area, refrigerator, free laundry and shoe shine services, in-cabin dining (continental breakfast, morning tea and coffee service), special Captain’s Dinner.
On selected River Beatrice voyages passengers can join Epicurean Adventurer Program which includes a special food and wine pairing dinner and a shore excursion to private wine tasting. Ship's specialty coffee bar is open round the clock. The sailings focus on exploration tours and cultural enrichment programs. Nordic walking sticks and bicycles for on-shore activities are provided. Family-friendly programs are offered on select dates.
River Beatrice river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Danube River cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
Following the 2018 refurbishment, the new boat now features a blue-and-white interior decor scheme, yacht-style light wood finishes, plush furnishings, marble floors, original artworks (including from Alexander Calder, Pino Signoretto, Picasso), renovated lobby (plenty of mirrors), white Murano-glass chandelier (with blue shades), grand staircase (nickel and black iron), redesigned lounge (chairs and sofas with custom-made upholstery, upholstered ceiling panels, premium parquet floor, USB ports). New staterooms were also added - two Owner Suites (sized 29 m2 / 310 ft2 each), two Royal Suites (sized 36 m2 / 390 ft2) and pairs of connecting staterooms for families and groups.
The ship's 4 onboard dining options include the themed after Austrian composers venues main restaurant (Mozart's), Wolfgang’s bar lounge; as well as the newly created on deck 4 Max’s and Schubert’s. At Max’s Restaurant are also offered chef-led cooking classes. Schubert’s (18-seats cafe restaurant) is at the boat's bow and offers shared plates from lunch through dinner.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
SS Beatrice wiki
- Cabin grades number: 7
- Total number of cabins: 79 (of which 15 Suite)
- Restaurants: Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Main Lounge (featuring a dance floor and full-service Bar), Captain's Lounge & Library (full-service bar)
- Sun Deck (chessboard, shuffleboard), Serenity Spa, Fitness Center, 24-hour specialty tea and coffee bar, laundry, 24-hour reception service, free Internet and Wi-Fi access.
- Uniworld River Beatrice ship is one of the newer boats owned by the river cruise line. Staterooms are with handcrafted UK-made Savoir beds and top-luxury bedding sets. All Rhine and Danube Decks' cabins are with French balconies. Additional ship amenities include complimentary use of Nordic walking sticks and bicycles.
- Uniworld river cruise deals attract customers mainly from North America - well-traveled and well-off Americans and Canadians.
- The riverboat's godmother is Mrs Beatrice Tollman - founder and president of Red Carnation Hotel Collection.
- The River Beatrice - SS Beatrice transformation in 2018 included as ship upgrades and renovations updating of all public spaces and cabins (done by design team from Red Carnation Hotels, Uniworld's sister brand / also owned by TravCorp), adding a new grand staircase in the Atrium (signature feature of all Uniworld "Super Ships"), creating new dining venues and a VIP premium lounge (replacing the old Captain’s Lounge & Library). River Beatrice's 12 suites were refreshed and remodeled. The boat's total number of cabins was reduced from 79 to 76. Some of the cabins (on Danube Deck 3) were redesigned as connecting (family) staterooms. Additionally, two Owner Suites and one Royal Suite were created.. You can see all changes and compare the old and new ship features at the boat's deck plans.
Inaugural cruise 2018
SS Beatrice's inaugural cruise was on April 4, 2018 (eastbound Danube itinerary from Budapest to Giurgiu Romania, with land extension in Bucharest Romania.). On April 4 was also inaugurated the company's new brand "U by Uniworld".
Next table shows the maiden voyage's ports and dates. Prices started from USD 3500 pp (double-occupancy window cabin rates).
|04 Apr||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|06 Apr||Budapest, Hungary|
|07 Apr||Vukovar, Croatia|
|08 Apr||Belgrade, Serbia|
|09 Apr||Iron Gate, Serbia-Romania|
|10 Apr||Vidin, Bulgaria|
|11 Apr||Ruse, Bulgaria|
|12 Apr||Arriving in Giurgiu, Romania|