SS Bon Voyage Review and Specifications
Specifications of SS Bon Voyage
|Year built||2006 / Age : 12|
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop BV (Lobith, Holland)|
|Owner||(TravCorp) The Travel Corporation|
|Operator||Uniworld River Cruises|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||River Royale|
Review of SS Bon Voyage
Uniworld SS Bon Voyage cruise ship (formerly River Royale) cruises in France (on Dordogne and Garonne rivers) departing from Bordeaux. The UNIWORLD line also offers combined B2B (back-to-back) itineraries with departures from Paris France. They additionally include a Seine river cruise from Paris (roundtrip on the UNIWORLD ship River Baroness). Uniworld (officially "Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") is a major river cruise company part of The Travel Corporation group.
River Royale had the same design features and amenities are the Uniworld ships Ambassador (1993), Baroness (1994), Countess (2003), Duchess (2003), Empress (2001), Princess (2001), Queen (1999). In July 2018, Uniworld announced that River Royale will be removed from service (October 28, 2018 through April 14, 2019) as the ship enters drydock for refit and refurbishment. Following the 2018-2019 refurb project, the boat was renamed "SS Bon Voyage" - company's 6th "Super Ship" and 2nd transformed (after SS Beatrice / River Beatrice in 2018). In 2019, UNIWORLD intends to transform into Super Ships also River Empress. River Royale was last refurbished in 2014.
The re-designed riverboat has 2 new dining venues - bow-located Bistro and Blue Fox Cafe.
- The new Cafe offers direct access to a new swimming pool and serves lighter French food (including ham-and-cheese baguettes, pizzas, salads). In the evenings, this restaurant transforms into bar lounge. During the day here are also held French cooking classes.
- At its bow, SS Bon Voyage has a new Bistro where cooks serve locally inspired shared plates, such as Beef Bourguignon, escargot, pates.
- Ship's Dining Room Restaurant was upgraded with a new buffet and live cooking demonstration area.
- Claret’s is a private dining and wine tasting room.
This boutique hotel-style riverboat offers large staterooms, fine dining and premium hotel amenities. The ship has panoramic bar lounge, large-sized Sun Deck with deckgames (shuffleboard and Giant Chess Board), wellness complex (sauna, fitness room, Jacuzzi, treatment room for massages). The has one elevator, boutique shop, 2 lounges, plenty of public space, full-service bar. On all tours and excursions, passengers receive complimentary Nordic walking sticks and bicycles.
In comparison to River Royale, SS Bon Voyage offers 4 new luxury suites, higher staff-passenger ratio (reduced passenger capacity from 128 to 124 and added more staff). All cruise cabin bathrooms were completely renovated (tiles, new furniture and LED lighting, marble vanity tops). Ship's spa and gym were renovated and upgraded with new equipment. The Sun Deck was also remodelled, adding an outdoor / heated swimming pool and an outdoor bar lounge with banquette seating.
River Royale river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld France cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Dordogne and Garonne river cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
SS Bon Voyage wiki
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 65 (of which 1 Suite)
- Restaurants: Le Bordelais Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Salon Gascogne with Aquitaine Bar, Claret Room, Blue Fox Café, Blues Cafe.
- Sun Deck (chessboard, shuffleboard), Serenity Spa, Fitness Center, sauna, 24-hour specialty tea and coffee bar, elevator, free Internet and Wi-Fi access.
- Uniworld's River Royale was remodeled in 2014. Of the same class are the Uniworld boats Ambassador, Baroness, Countess, Duchess,Empress, Princess and Queen.
- Uniworld Royale is one of the most expensive river ships ever built, and its remodeling has ensured the boat is a study in style. The Royale offers one of the most refined France river cruise travel experiences among the boats leaving from Bordeaux. This vessel has one of the highest ratio staff-to-pax in the Europe's river cruise industry.
- All riverview suites and standard staterooms are with handcrafted UK-made Savoir beds and top-luxury bedding sets. All the Rhine Deck's cabins are with French balconies. Additional ship amenities include complimentary use of Nordic walking sticks and bicycles on all Uniworld France cruises' shore excursions.
SS Bon Voyage - user reviews and comments
SS Bon Voyage ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld announced plans to build 3 new river cruise ships, due to launch 2020. The newbuilds will sail on Nile through North Africa, Mekong in Asia...October 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection announced it will remove MS River Royale boat from service on October 28, 2018 and start extensive...July 28, 2018
- show more news