AmaStella Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaStella
|Year built||2016 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||79 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Carole Smethurst|
Review of AmaStella
The AmaStella boat cruises on Rhine and Danube Rivers departing from Budapest, Nuremberg and Vilshofen. The 158-passenger AmaStella debuts in 2016. She also features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies.
AmaStella has a total of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades. The exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks2&3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues. Ship's restaurants include: Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco).
AmaStella also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Stella Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift). Passengers on AMA Stella tend to be 45+, mainly American.
AmaStella cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaStella river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaStella cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaStella cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaStella river cruise itineraries as themes:
- “MELODIES OF THE DANUBE” are 11-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen disembarkation, inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are shore excursions in every port, included in fares.
- “ROMANTIC DANUBE” are 11-days (sailing 7 days) river cruises from Vilshofen to Budapest. They additionally include 3-night Prague luxury hotel packages.
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS ON THE DANUBE" are 10-days (sailing 7 days) Christmas Markets cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, with 2-nights in Prague. Other special offers are the “Wine” themed river cruises featuring famous wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
- The APT AmaStella boat is among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaLea (2018), AmaViola (2016), AmaKristina (2016), AmaMora (2019), and also AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde and AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- Another unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaStella cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- On June 14, 2016, in Vilshofen was held the ship's christening ceremony. The boat’s godmother is Mrs Carole Smethurst - owner of Bicton Travel (Perth Australia based agency). The naming ceremony was attended by AmaWaterways co-founders Kristin Karst and Rudi Schreiner, also by shipbuilders, crew, local politicians, travel agents, media representatives. On June 15 (also in Vilshofen) was christened the sister-ship AmaViola.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.