AmaSonata Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaSonata
|Year built||2014 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Brenda Kyllo|
Review of AmaSonata
The AmaSonata boat cruises on Danube River departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Prague, Nurnberg and Vilshofen (Passau). The ship operates on the Belgian and Dutch Waterways and River Rhine. The 164-passenger vessel AmaSonata debuts in 2014 as a sister ship to AmaCerto. She also features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies.
AmaSonata has a total of 85 cabins (of which 5 Suite, 51 Twin Balcony, 10 French Balconies, 19 with a not-opening window) in 9 grades. The exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - STE (x3, deck3), sizes 350ft2/33m2
- Large Balcony Staterooms - AP (x1, deck3) - sizes 250ft2/23m2
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x11, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x10, deck3), BB (x15, deck2) - size AA/AB (235ft2/22m2), BB 210ft2/19m2.
- French Balcony Staterooms - C (x16, decks2&3) - sizes 170ft2/16m2.
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x13, deck1), E (x4, deck1), sizes 160ft2/15m2.
Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues. Ship's restaurants include: Verde (dining room), Bella Cucina (Italian), Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). The culinary creations of Chaîne des Rôtisseurs are served in the Chef's Table restaurant or in the main dining room. On select days, passengers can enjoy their lunch on the Sun Deck.
The Sun Deck also provides lounge chairs, a heated pool and Jaccuzi, swim-up bar, as well as bicycles and a walking track. The Violin Deck shelters Erlebnis Chef’s Table, the Observation Lounge and Main Lounge & Bar, as well as the Al Fresco Bistro, gift shop, library, fitness, sauna and Hair Salon. Another Wine Bar is located on the Cello Deck. AmaSonata also has a giant chess, putting green, 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaSonata cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaSonata river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaSonata cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaSonata cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaSonata river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" and "BLUE DANUBE DISCOVERY" are 12-days (sailing 7 days) Danube river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen disembarkation, inclusive of 2-night Prague luxury hotel package). There are 7 optional and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions included.
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" is a 12-days (sailing 7 days) river cruise from Nurnberg to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Prague (Vilshofen embarkation /disembarkation). It additionally includes a 3-night Prague luxury hotel package.
- "MAGNIFICENT EUROPE" is a 16-days (sailing 15 days) Rhine-Main-Danube river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Budapest. There are 5 optional and 16 complimentary land tours/excursions) included.
- "TREASURES OF MAIN AND RHINE" segment (themed "Christmas Markets") is a 11-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine and Danube cruise from Prague to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation /embarkation). There are 3 optional and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus a 2-night Prague hotel package included.
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” is a 13-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruise from Zurich to Amsterdam, and the reverse from Amsterdam to Zurich (Basel disembarkation /embarkation). There are 4 optional and 8 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus a 2-night Lucerne hotel package included.
- "TULIP TIME” are 7-days Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip) with 3 optional and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares.
- The APT AmaSonata boat is the 6th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaVerde, AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- An unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaSonata cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- The AMA cruise ship Sonata was launched in 2014 on July 24th. It was christened in Vilshofen (Germany) by mrs Brenda Kyllo - National VP of "CAA Travel". The "Canadian Automobile Association" has several million members and 104 clubs across Canada providing Emergency Roadside-, Auto-, Travel- and Insurance services.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaSonata - user reviews and comments
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaSonata cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Dec 06||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Vienna||Nuremberg||$2409|
|2019 Dec 13||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Nuremberg||Vienna||$2409|