AmaLea Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaLea
|Year built||2018 / Age : 1|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||79 - 158|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||AmaViola, AmaStella, AmaKristina|
|Christened by||Filomena Andre|
Review of AmaLea
AmaLea features the advanced AmaWaterways design and exclusive Twin Balconies available in most of the staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet. The ship has a total number of 79 cabins (of which 4 Suite, 45 Twin Balcony, 18 French Balconies, 12 with a not-opening window) in 8 grades. Four suites are available of 350 sq.feet each.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - SU (x4, deck3)
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x8, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x12, deck3), BB (x15, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - C (x18, decks2&3)
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x8), E (x4, deck1).
AmaLea restaurants include: Main Dining Room, Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). Guests can have gourmet dining and free-flowing wines at the multiple dining venues.
The ship also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Lea Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift). Passengers on AMA Lea tend to be 45+, mainly American.
AmaLea cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaLea river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaLea cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaLea cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaLea river cruise itineraries as themes:
- "TULIP TIME CRUISE" are 10-days (sailing 8 days) river cruises through The Netherlands & Belgium round-trip from Amsterdam. There is a 2-night Amsterdam hotel package included in the fares.
- "BLUE DANUBE DISCOVERY" are 13-days (sailing 8 days) river cruises to Nuremberg, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Slovakia. There are 2-night Budapest and 3-night Prague hotel packages included in the fares.
- "THE ROMANTIC DANUBE" / "THE ROMANTIC DANUBE (WINE THEMED)" are 11-days (sailing 8 days) river cruises from Vilshofen to Budapest, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia. There is a 3-night Prague hotel packages included in the fares.
- "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE" / "MELODIES OF THE DANUBE (WINE THEMED)" are 11-days (sailing 8 days) river cruises from Vilshofen to Budapest, visiting Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia. There is a 3-night Prague hotel packages included in the fares.
- "ICONIC CHRISTMAS MARKETS" are 10-days (sailing 8 days) Christmas Markets cruises from Prague to Budapest, visiting the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Hungary, with 2-nights in Prague. Other special offers are the guided shore excursions in every port visited including Limited Edition Tours.
- The APT AmaLea boat is among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaKristina (2016), AmaViola (2016), AmaStella (2016), AmaMora (2019), and also AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde and AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- Another unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaLea cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itineraries.
- The vessel's christening ceremony was on May 26, 2018, in Vilshofen Germany. Boat's godmother is Filomena Andre (AAA executive). She started as travel agent, and in 2010 joined "AAA Southern California" as travel product manager. The event was organized as 7-day celebration cruise, attended by Filomena Andre, Rudi Schreiner (company's President) Kristin Karst (company's Executive Vice President), international media and travel industry representatives. Ship's Captain is Jan de Bruijn. The ceremony in Vilshofen also included welcome speech by city's Mayor Florian Gams, gala dinner and fireworks show.
- During the ianugural cruise season, AmaLea AmaLea had scheduled all six "Tulip Time" themed itineraries before starting the 7-day Danube River cruise program (Vilshofen-Budapest). Two of the 2018 voyages (in November) were wine-themed and hosted by Amelia Ceja (Ceja Vineyards Napa CA's president) and Frederick Frank (Dr Konstantin Frank Wine Cellars NY's president). The inaugural season also had scheduled four Christmas Market-themed cruises on Danube.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaLea - user reviews and comments
AmaLea ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The new ‘Europe, Asia and Africa’ brochure of AmaWaterways is already out including 3 new ships, 2 new itineraries and expanded wellness...June 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways christened AmaLea, its newest river cruise ship, on Saturday (May 26) with an official ceremony in Vilshofen. The event concluded a week...May 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways announced that its newest cruise ship, the 156-guest AmaLea, is returning to Amsterdam on Sunday, April 1, after her inaugural Tulip...April 1, 2018
- show more news