RV La Marguerite Review and Specifications
Specifications of RV La Marguerite
|Year built||2009 / Age : 10|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Operator||APT River Cruises, Travelmarvel|
|Length (LOA)||66 m / 217 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||900 gt|
|Passengers||46 - 92|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Current itinerary of RV La Marguerite
RV La Marguerite current cruise is 7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap. The itinerary starts on 19 Mar, 2019 and ends on 26 Mar, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Mar||My Tho, Mekong Delta, Vietnam|
|20 Mar||Cai Be, Mekong Delta, Vietnam|
|21 Mar||Sa Dec, Mekong Delta, Vietnam|
|21 Mar||Tan Chau, Mekong Delta, Vietnam|
|22 Mar||Mekong River, Vietnam-Cambodia|
|22 Mar||Tan Chau, Mekong Delta, Vietnam|
|23 Mar||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|24 Mar||Chong Koh, Cambodia|
|24 Mar||Tonle River|
|24 Mar||Kampong Tralach, Cambodia|
|25 Mar||Kampong Chhnang, Cambodia|
|25 Mar||Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia|
|26 Mar||Arriving in Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, Cambodia|
Review of RV La Marguerite
The RV La Marguerite boat cruises on Mekong River (in Vietnam and Cambodia) leaving out of homeports Saigon (Vietnam) and Siem Reap (Cambodia) the whole year-round. La Marguerite ship offers all-inclusive deals on Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia. The boat is currently chartered by "Travelmarvel".
The cruisetour company Travelmarvel (boat charterer) specializes in value-for-money priced luxury river cruises in Asia and Europe. The cruise brand is under the ownership of APT River Cruises (Australia) and has grown significantly during the past years. Today, Travelmarvel operates tours and cruises in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand, Australia and Africa. Prices depend on the cruisetour itinerary and include meals and drinks, port charges and stateroom, excursions, live entertainment, Cruise Director services, gratuities, domestic flights, bus transfers. Also included are various Insider Experiences, where travellers can 'live like a local' and gain insights into destination's cultures and customs.
Riverboat's interior is designed in French colonial boutique style, recalling the Art Nouveau period's elegance. The decoration features colonial furniture and ornaments, local (hand-made) arts, artifacts. The onboard gourmet dining, personalized service and destination-rich excursions (price-included) just add more to the signature Southeast Asia river cruising experience.
- Passenger decks: 4 (out of 4)
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 46 (of which 8 Suites, and 30 balcony staterooms)
- (Sadec) Sun Deck – loungers, Swimming Pool, Fitness, Spa/Massage/Beauty Salon
- (Saigon) Upper Deck – Saigon Lounge&Bar, Panorama Lounge, Library, Gift Shop
- (Tonle) Main Deck – Mekong Restaurant
- (Mekong) Lower Deck – crew cabins.
- The ship also has a laundry room and bakery.
- The shipowner follows strict control of food handling (storage, processing, display).
- All the crew is trained in both emergency and non-emergency First Aid.
- The boat has a diesel generator set, fire hydrants/hoses, fire extinguishers, life jackets.
- There are water-treatment plants for desalination and purification, which are based on UV and osmosis. The sewage-treatment plant is microbiotic.
- Themed onboard entertainment options are local folklore music/dance performances, dinners with traditional local cuisine specialties.
- With similar itineraries on Mekong river cruises in Cambodia and Vietnam are the riverboats Viking Mekong, (AmaWaterways) AmaLotus and AmaDara, Uniworld River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, (CroisiEurope) Indochine and Indochine II.
La Marguerite cabins
Staterooms Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- cabin amenities – personal safe, hair dryer, mini-bar, bathrobe & slippers, plush bedding, writing desk, individual air-conditioning. All public rooms and cabins have smoke detectors.
- 80% of all outside cabins are with balconies.
- Luxury Suites – STE (x2, deck3), size 425 ft2 / 39 m2
- Junior Suites -JR (x6, deck3), sizes 290 ft2 / 27 m2
- Balcony Staterooms – A (x14, deck2), B (x16, deck1) – sizes 226 ft2 / 21 m2
- RiverView Staterooms – C (x8, Mekong deck) – sizes 226 ft2 / 21m2.
- Staterooms have twin beds, wardrobe, writing desk, sofa, mini-bar, safe, TV, telephone, private bathroom (with shower), hairdryer, kimono, slippers.
River Cruise Itineraries
The La Marguerite boat is currently operated by "Travelmarvel" (luxury river cruise tour package company) on Mekong itineraries (southbound and northbound) between Saigon and Siem Reap. The itinerary is themed:
- 16-days "Vietnam and Cambodia, the Riches of Mekong" [flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat, travel to Kampong for embarkation, Mekong cruise to Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon], with a 2-night stay in Hanoi, 1-night Ha Long Bay, 3 nights to travel to Siem Reap, sailing, ending with 2-night stay in Ho Chi Minh.
- 8-days Mekong Delta cruises visit the following ports of call: Saigon, My Tho, Cai Be district, Vinh Long, Sa Dec, Tan Chau, Phnom Penh, Chong Koh, Oudong, Kampong Tralach, Kampong Chhnang, Tonle Sap Lake cruise, Siem Reap, Tonle Sap, Vinh Long.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
RV La Marguerite - user reviews and comments
RV La Marguerite Itineraries
The below listed RV La Marguerite cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest River Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Feb 19||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$3695|
|2019 Mar 05||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho|
|2019 Mar 11||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho|
|2019 Mar 12||7 days, one-way from Siem Reap to My Tho||Siem Reap|
|2019 Mar 19||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho|
|2019 Mar 25||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho|
|2019 Mar 26||7 days, one-way from Siem Reap to My Tho||Siem Reap|
|2019 Apr 03||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho|
|2019 Apr 08||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho|
|2019 Apr 09||7 days, one-way from Siem Reap to My Tho||Siem Reap|
|2019 Jul 12||10 days, one-way from My Tho to Siem Reap||My Tho||$2595|