Norwegian Encore deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Encore deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Encore cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Encore staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Encore (built 2019) is the fourth/last of the Breakaway Plus-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships– together with the sisterships Norwegian Bliss (2018), Norwegian Joy (2017) and Norwegian Escape (2015).
Norwegian Encore cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2043 staterooms (15 types, 42 categories) for 4004 passengers (max capacity is 4903 guests), served by 1731 crew/staff. NCL Encore ship has a total of 29 onboard dining options (9 complimentary), with 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 5 waterslides and 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
Follows a concise review of the ship’s special features, and differences in comparison to the Breakaway-class Norwegian ships:
- Total decks 20 (of which 15 passengers' accessible), with 11 cabin decks.
- An expanded “The Haven” suite area – more deluxe accommodations by adding a 2nd deck (17 and 18, both with keycard access only) to the luxury suite complex. This area features an open-air terrace with The Haven suite guests only private restaurant. A separate 9also expanded) Courtyard Villa guests private area has a retractable glass roof, its own pool with 2 Whirlpools, along with spa treatments rooms, sauna, and a private sundeck area.
- Studio cabins are located on three decks (10, 11, and 12 – one more deck in comparison to Breakaway), with the Studio lounge being in the middle (deck 11).
- Encore ship’s Deck 5 is with ~100 fewer rooms – which is extra space (~25%) for public rooms on that deck. More public rooms will be also added on Deck 8.
- 18 cabins less on Deck 18, creating more public space.
- More energy-efficient seawater scrubbing technology.
NCL Encore vs NCL Escape
New deckplan features on NCL Encore (in comparison to NCL Escape) are:
- NEW (forward on decks 17 and 18, overlooking the ship's bow) The Haven Observation Lounge (2-story high, exclusive for The Haven passengers only)
- NEW (deck 15) The Observation Lounge & Bar (replaced all the forward-located balcony cabins on Escape).
- (deck 14) Navigation Bridge was relocated here (it is on deck 15 on Escape).
- Most cabin grades are also different if compared deck by deck.
- Missing are cabin categories H3 (The Haven Owners Suite), H8 (The Haven Spa Suite), Mini-Suites (M2-M3-M4-Family, M9-Spa), Balcony Staterooms (B2, B3, B4), Oceanview (OK-Obstructed), and Inside cabins (IB, IF, I2-Family).
- New cabin category is H8 (The Haven Connecting Suite) - located on decks 9, 11, 13.
NCL Encore cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites' content (latest versions) and distributing it “offline”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Encore Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Encore offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Encore deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.