Norwegian Epic deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Epic deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Epic cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Epic staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Epic (built 2010, last refurbished in 2015) was the largest among the Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – until the arrival of the company’s new Breakaway Plus class vessels NCL Escape (2015) and NCL Joy (2017) and NCL Bliss. The mighty NCL Epic ship belongs to a unique vessel class (no sisters by design) and is one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” ships – together with the new couple Breakaway and Getaway, and also Gem and Jewel.
Norwegian Epic cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2114 staterooms for 4228 passengers (max capacity is 5074 guests), served by 1404 crew/staff members. NCL Epic ship has a total of 20 onboard dining options (7 complimentary), with 20 lounges and bars, 6 swimming pools, 3 waterslides (including 1 bowl slide) and 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
NCL Epic deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
Follows the list of deck plan changes after ship's drydock 2015 refurbishment (September 27 to October 17) done at Damen Shipyard Brest (France).
- A new club lounge was opened under the name “The Cavern Club”. The venue is via a partnership with the original British club’s owners. It offers music inspired by "The Beatles" (live performances by international musicians).
- New evening entertainment options are also introduced at the ship’s theatre (deck 5). Among those are the musical “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” and the Broadway-style dance show “Burn the Floor”.
- “Burn The Floor” show is also offered on the NCL newest ships Breakaway and Getaway. It is a ballroom dancing type of theatrical entertainment, with 14 professional dancers and 2 singers performing together with a live band.
- “Priscilla Queen Of The Desert” show is a musical type of comedy entertainment. The spectacle features numerous costumes, head-dresses and dancing classics, such as “It’s Raining Men”, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”, etc.
- Extensive restaurant renovations were done to the Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse), Cagney’s (steakhouse), La Cucina (Italian), Le Bistro (French), Taste (dining room), Manhattan (dining room), Garden Cafe (buffet). Dining venues enhancements include new carpeting and decors, and their furniture was reupholstered.
- Major renovations were done to the Mandara Spa (deck 14), Bliss Ultra Lounge (promenade deck 7), Marketplace (lido deck 15), Epic Theater (deck 5), Casino (deck 6). The Haven Suite exclusive complex (decks 16-17) was updated with new furniture, lighting, wall covering, artworks.
- The list of new (redesigned) facilities includes a photo gallery (deck 5), library (deck 7), card room (deck 7) and the new SplashGolf (kids mini-golf course). The SplashGolf is a retrofit to the ship's existing splash pad (part of the Aqua Park area). It is located under the waterslides on pool deck 15 and combines 2 water fun attractions (splash pad and miniature golf) into one interactive water play facility for toddlers and small kids. Epic's SplashGolf was designed by Adventure Golf Services (a company specializing in the design and construction of mini-golf courses). Instead of traditional solid mini golf balls, SplalshGolf's balls are larger and floating. Hole cups are also larger.
- Among the technical entertainments and upgrades are the 2 new rudders (by Becker), new propeller caps, hull repainting (robot UHP blasting technology, new type silicone paint improving fuel efficiency). General maintenance works affected the release systems of all service boats (lifeboats, tenders), thrusters, stabilizers, diesel generator exchange, cooling water connections, the cabin air-conditioning system.
Norwegian Epic deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.