Norwegian Breakaway deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Breakaway deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Breakaway staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Breakaway (built 2013, last refurbished in 2018 May) is the first of the two Breakaway-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Getaway (2014). The NCL Breakaway ship is one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” ships – together with her sister Getaway, the so big Epic, Gem, and Jewel. The NCL Breakaway ship is also the largest passenger vessel ever been home-ported in NYC New York. The next (largest class) Norwegian cruise ships are the new Breakaway-Plus vessels NCL Escape (2015) and NCL Joy (2017, formerly Norwegian Bliss).
Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2014 staterooms (of 15 types in 42 categories:) for 4028 passengers (max capacity is 4819 guests), served by 1595 crew/staff. NCL Breakaway ship has a total of 29 onboard dining options (9 complimentary), with 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 5 waterslides and 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
NCL Breakaway deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
The list of works done during the ship's 2018 drydock refurbishment (April 28 - May 8) at Damen Shiprepair Brest (France) included:
- fully refreshed public spaces (new flooring/carpeting, updated furniture)
- new carpeting in all staterooms
- added Los Lobos Cantina (complimentary Mexican restaurant)
- added Spice H20 (adults-only serenity deck with swimming pool, hot tubs, full-service bar, nightly live entertainment, DJs)
- added Syd Norman's Pour House (former "Fat Cats Jazz and Blues Club") - changed decor, new carpets, furniture, live performances of classic rock songs, updated drink menu
- repair of shaft bearings and replacing slewing seals of the vessel's two ABB azipod thrusters (propulsion units). The operation required both propellers to be removed from the hull. Both bowthrusters were also dismantled and maintained. Both Fincantieri-made stabilizers were refitted. The hull was repainted.
- Refurbishment 2018 project was part of NCL’s “The Norwegian Edge” fleet renovation program, budgeted around USD 400 million.
Norwegian Breakaway deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.