Pride of America deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Pride of America deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by NCL America (Norwegian Cruise Line) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Pride of America cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Pride of America staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Pride of America (2005-built, last refurbished in 2018 "Norwegian Edge") is the NCL ship of the unique (one-vessel only) Project America-class. She is always listed last in the list of Norwegian Cruise Lines ships because her operator is the NCL America line (a subsidiary company of the shipowner Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd). The Norwegian Pride of America ship is the first – and, sadly, the only one – among all the world’s big-sized cruise ships that are flagged the USA.
NCL Pride of America cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1096 staterooms for 2192 passengers (max capacity is 2630) served by 930 (all-American) crew-staff. The boat has 14 decks (11 passenger-accessible, 8 with cabins), 18 dining options (8 complimentary), 9 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 5 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 10 elevators.
Pride of America deck plan changes 2016-2018 refurbishments review
Ship’s drydock refurbishments in 2016 (March, 3-weeks long) and 2018 (February) were done in San Francisco CA, and resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- All cruise cabins and the public areas were renovated. The renovations included new decors, furniture, lighting and flooring.
- New in the Skyline Main Dining Room is the entrance, carpet design, furniture upholstery, window drapes, columns. The La Cucina (Italian) was updated as well. All other restaurants were also redecorated, including East Meets West (Asian), Jefferson’s Bistro (French), Cagney’s Steakhouse.
- New dining room menus were introduced (based on the NCL Escape’s menus).
- Mandara Spa was expanded (with more treatment rooms) and re-decorated.
- The Conservatory received new decor, furniture, flooring.
- The wedding chapel was relocated and updated with new furniture and flooring.
- The card room and the library received new furniture and flooring. The library now has 6 Internet PC stations.
- New for the ship is Soho Art Gallery, Perspectives Photo Studio, Dolce Gelato (gelateria).
- The pool deck area was completely refurbished with a renovated swimming pool, new sun loungers, new Jacuzzi tubs, redesigned Ocean Drive Bar.
- All passenger rooms were upgraded with new furniture, bedding and flat TVs.
- During drydock 2016, Pride of America was retrofitted with new "scrubbers" (exhaust gas cleaning systems). The new scrubber technology reduces the equivalent of approx 1500 tons of the poisonous gas Sulfur Oxide. Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise company retrofitting with a scrubber hybrid system vessels while in service. The new in-line scrubbers (5 units) are lightweight and able to operate in a dry mode, as well as in open and closed loops.
Both drydocks (2016 and 2018) were part of NCL's "Norwegian Edge" program for fleetwide upgrades (2-year project budgeted USD 400 million). Each drydock costs around USD 35-40 million.
Pride of America deck plan changes 2013 refurbishment review
The list of changes after ship’s 2013 drydock refurbishment (done in Honolulu Hawaii) included:
- (Deck 13) The old Lanai Lounge was transformed into 24 new suites. Here were added 24 “The Haven” luxury suites (sizes range 363-416 ft2 / 34-39 m2, balcony size 245 ft2 / 23 m2, max occupancy 6 pax), including 2 Deluxe Owners Suites (size 566 ft2 / 53 m2, balcony size 410 ft2 / 38 m2, max occupancy 4 pax, with connecting doors to the family suites for up to 10 pax if booked together) and 2 wheelchair accessible suites. The new 24 luxury cruise suites are with butler service, also featuring luxury mattresses, Lavazza coffee makers, Elemis bathroom products, speciality private dining, etc. Also, 4 new Studios (single-occupancy cabins) were added here (featuring full-size bed and separate bathroom) with the exclusive Studio Lounge. Another addition on deck 13 is the 4 new Interior rooms.
- (Deck 12) Fitness centre equipment was also upgraded
- (Deck 11) Interior decor renovations were done in the buffet restaurant “Aloha Cafe”. New Brazilian Steakhouse restaurant was added (named Moderno Churrascaria). The old “Little Italy” Italian restaurant was renamed “La Cucina”.
- (Deck 6) The old “Lazy J” steakhouse was renamed “Cagney’s”.
- (Deck 5) Photo Gallery and Art Gallery renovations.
- All cruise cabins (both passenger and crew rooms) were upgraded with new flat HD TVs.
- The list of other shipwide upgrades includes video-sound-light systems, new carpeting ((both in cabins and public spaces), Wi-Fi internet access (including in the crew/staff areas), and also to the digital signage system.
- The 2013 ship refurbishment project cost NCL over USD 30 million.
Pride of America deck plans are property of NCL America (Norwegian Cruise Line). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.