MS Pride of America staterooms as sizes are smaller compared to the industry’s standard. Of all cruise cabins, 63% have private balconies. There are all 64 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled passengers), 24 of which are ADA-compliant rooms. The number of all cabin categories is 34.
Follows the review of Pride of America staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- All Pride of America cabins as amenities feature sleeping area (2 lower/single beds convertible to queen), private en-suite bathroom (WC, sink, shower, bath products, hairdryer), lounge area (wardrobe, vanity table/desk, chair, flat TV, music console, safe, tea/coffee maker, mini-bar refrigerator, direct-dial phone, ice bucket, glasses), Internet access, individual air-conditioning. All staterooms provide ample storage space (drawers, closets, shelves and cubbyholes).
- Bonus amenities and special perks for suite guests are: butler / concierge service, shoeshine, luxury bedding sets (pillow menu, deluxe mattresses), walk-in closet, welcome gifts (Champagne, fruits, flowers, bottled water), espresso coffee maker, cotton bathrobes, slippers, terry towels, luxury bath products, priority services (check-in, embarkation/disembarkation, Hawaiian ports of call tender boarding), special menus, in-room dining (treats delivered nightly), complimentary specialty restaurant / steakhouse dining (breakfast and lunch only).
- All outside cabins feature a sitting area with a table and a double sofa bed.
- All Balcony cabins feature floor-ceiling glass doors opening to a private veranda (furnished with 1 small table and 2 chairs), optional beds for 3rd/4th person. Terrace sizes vary by category – B1 (95 ft2 / 9), B6-B7 (90-95 ft2 / 8-9 m2). All other balcony staterooms’ verandas are sized between 40-60 ft2 / 4-6 m2.
- Ocean-view cabins are with Picture Window. Categories OK and OX are with obstructed views due to lifeboats.
- Some Oceanview and Inside cabins have 2 beds pull-down beds (upper bunk beds) for a 3rd/4th passenger.
- Deck 13 cabins (added during 2013 refurbishment) are with double Murphy beds.
- The only one Deluxe Owner Suite (aka Grand Suite) has 2 bedrooms (one with king bed, the other with 2 lower beds), dining room (6 seats table), living room (baby grand piano), guest powder room, dressing area, luxury bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, double vanity, shower), guest bathroom, media center (Bang & Olufsen, DVD/CD library).
- Owners Suites have 2 bedrooms (one with king bed, the other with 2 lower beds), balcony (sun beds, dining area, hot tub), double vanity, living room (double sofa bed), luxury bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower), guest bathroom, dining room, dressing area, wet bar. Deck 13’s Owner Suites do not have hot tubs. Owner Suites can accommodate up to 10 guests is connected to an adjacent Penthouse Suite.
- Penthouses have a bedroom (king bed), living room (double sofa bed and/or double Murphy bed), bathroom (shower), balcony. SE-Deluxe penthouse category (deck 13) balconies have lounge chairs, dining table, outdoor Jacuzzi. Category SE-Penthouse suites sizes are between 395-410 ft2 / 37-38 m2 plus the 190 ft 2 / 18 m2 sized veranda. Category SF-Penthouse sizes are 300 ft 2 / 28 m2 plus the veranda, which is sized between 190-305 ft2 / 18-28 m2. The SD-Penthouse category is sized 880 ft2 / 82 m2.
- Single cabins (single-occupancy rooms, targeting solo travellers) are called Studios. They feature padded headboards, color-changing lighting system, 1 Porthole Window (corridor view), desk area (TV, comfortable chairs), split bathroom system (like on the NCL Epic ship – the sink is in the main room, the shower and WC are behind separate doors) and offer exclusive Studio Lounge access.
- NEWS: Since May 2015, the NCL charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the Norwegian Pride of America ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).
Pride of America family cabins
The list of family cabins as categories and amenities includes:
- SA-Deluxe Family Suites have 2 bedrooms (one with king bed, the other with 2 single beds), 2 bathrooms (one with whirlpool bathtub and separate shower), 2 large TVs.
- SI-SJ Family Suites are also 2-bedroom accommodations. One room has convertible twin beds, the other room is with a double sofa bed. These suites feature a separate living room (with sofa bed), bathroom (with shower), 2 TVs, wet bar. The SJ category family suite (sized 355 ft2 / 33 m2) has obstructed views and no balconies. The SI category family rooms have in addition 2 Pullman beds and feature single/double French windows and 3 TVs.
- SD-Deluxe Penthouse Suites have double Murphy beds, bedroom (king bed / some have 2 single beds convertible to queen), balcony (dining area, sunbeds), bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower), dressing area, living room (double sofa bed), media center (Bang & Olufsen, DVD/CD library).