Norwegian Jade deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Jade deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Jade cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Jade staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Jade (built 2005, last refurbished in 2017 "Norwegian Edge") is the second of the Jewel-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Gem, NCL Jewel and NCL Pearl. The NCL Jade ship was originally built and operated under the name Pride of Hawaii (from 2006 to 2008, for the NCL America brand).
Norwegian Jade cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1201 staterooms for 2402 passengers (max capacity is 2882 guests), served by 1100 crew/staff members. NCL Jade ship has a total of 19 onboard dining options, with 11 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 7 jacuzzies, 12 elevators.
NCL Jade deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
NCL Jade's 2017 drydock refurbishment (March 7 - April 3) was done in Freeport Bahamas and resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- Atrium's décor was changed. The old chandelier was replaced with a new one.
- Over 2250 new artworks were installed throughout the ship (including in all cabins).
- All staterooms were updated and upgraded with new furniture, carpeting, flat TVs, bed headboards (with USB outlets for device charging).
- The Haven suite complex' Haven Courtyard was refurbished (new finishes on outdoor deck areas, swimming pool, hot tubs). New deck furniture and cabanas were added.
- Main pool deck areas were also updated.
- Spinnaker Lounge (deck 13) was upgraded, as well as the Fitness Centre (deck 12, new TechnoGym equipment).
- The Haven suites and villas were all renovated with new furniture, finishes, wallpapers, carpeting, drapery, artworks.
- 2 new restaurants were added - O’Sheehan's Bar and Grill, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, The Cellars (Mondavi Family Wine Bar), Los Lobos Cantina (Mexican restaurant), The Pit Stop (poolside grill, deck 13).
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse restaurant) was moved from deck 8 to deck 13. The restaurant was redesigned and outfitted with floor-ceiling windows and glass-door entrance.
- Bliss Ultra Lounge (nightclub) was added on deck 7.
- All other onboard eateries were updated (new carpeting, artworks, upholstery, window treatments), including La Cucina (Italian restaurant, deck 12), Cagney’s Steakhouse (deck 13), Teppanyaki Room (deck 7), Jasmine Garden (deck 7), Garden Cafe (deck 12). Cagney’s Steakhouse now has additional seating and a new virtual fireplace. La Cucina has a new wine wall.
- During drydock 2017, NCL Jade was retrofitted with new "scrubbers" (exhaust gas cleaning systems). The new scrubber technology reduces the equivalent of approx 1500 tons of the poisonous gas Sulfur Oxide. Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise company retrofitting with a scrubber hybrid system vessels while in service. The new in-line scrubbers (5 units) are lightweight and able to operate in a dry mode, as well as in open and closed loops.
Drydock 2017 was part of NCL's "Norwegian Edge" program for fleetwide upgrades (2-year project budgeted USD 400 million). Each drydock costs around USD 35-40 million.
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2011 drydock refurbishment includes:
- (Deck 8) the new "Moderno" restaurant replaced the old “Paniolo’s”.
- Stardust Theater was renovated and technically updated and enhanced.
- All passenger and crew cabins were upgraded with new flat TVs. Wheelchair accessible rooms were also updated.
- The onboard Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to shipwide.
- New aerobics room was added in the Spa-Gym complex.
- Among the other renovations are new carpeting and tiling, silk plants.
Norwegian Jade deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.