Norwegian Jewel deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Jewel deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Jewel staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Jewel (2005-built, last refurbished in 2018 / "Norwegian Edge") is the first of the Jewel-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships - together with Gem, Jade, Pearl. The NCL Jewel ship was also one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” ships - together with Breakaway, Getaway, Epic, Gem.
Norwegian Jewel cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1194 staterooms for 2388 passengers (max capacity is 2866) served by 1070 crew-staff. The boat has 15 decks (12 passenger-accessible, 7 with cabins), 20 dining options, 13 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 12 elevators.
NCL Jewel deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
During the 2-week drydock 2018 in Singapore (Oct 22 - Nov 5), all the 1188 passenger staterooms were upgraded with new HDTVs and USB outlets, new carpeting, furniture and artworks.
- "The Haven" cabin complex received courtyard updates, and all villas and suites received new finishes, tiles, drapes, carpets, artworks and furniture. Additional cabanas were added to Sun Deck. Two new Haven Deluxe Owner Suites were added (max capacity 4 pax, cabin size 1200 ft2 / 112 m2, balcony size 565 ft2 / 53 m2, with terrace whirlpool).
- The Atrium received a custom-made chandelier, new flooring, refurbished lobby areas (Shore Excursion and Reception desks, new banquette seating, large HDTV).
- All dining and beverage menus were updated.
- Two old bar lounges were replaced with new - Bliss Ultra Lounge (replacing FYZZ Lounge) and The Pit Stop (replacing Sky High Bar). The Pit Stop (Deck 13) is an American 1950s-themed bar retrofitted with gas station signage, vintage license plates and other classic car elements. Bliss Ultra Lounge (Deck 7) offers late-night live entertainment and intimate seating.
- On NCL Jewel were also introduced 2 new theatre shows - “Rock You Tonight” (1970s band songs) and ship exclusive “Velvet” (disco classics, circus acrobatics, cabaret performances).
Drydock 2018 was part of NCL's "Norwegian Edge" program for fleetwide upgrades (2-year project budgeted USD 400 million). Each drydock costs around USD 35-40 million.
NCL Jewel deck plan changes 2014 refurbishment review
The list of deckplan changes after drydock 2014 refurbishment (May 3-17) includes:
- renovation of all Penthouse Suites, and of the Horizon and Spinnaker lounges, Casino and Photo Gallery updates
- new custom-made furnishings
- (Deck 8) added “O’Sheehan’s Neighbourhood Bar & Grill” (fast food complimentary dining venue)
- (Deck 13) relocated Moderno Churrascaria (steakhouse), with the new Sugarcane Mojito Bar added
- (Deck 7) Carlo’s Bake Shop added in Java Cafe
- (Decks 11 and 12) new furniture in relaxation areas
- changed wall coverings, new lighting, carpeting and flooring throughout public areas
- windows were replaced, galley areas were upgraded, pool deck 12 was updated
- digital signage (interactive touchscreen terminals allow passengers to order items, get directions around the ship and also to make dining and shore excursions reservations using only their cabin key)
- Dry-dock technical enhancements:
- Azipod upgrade, stabilizers maintenance, shore power connectivity
- new exhaust gas scrubbers were installed reducing fuel emissions and energy consumption
- hull was painted with a new type of silicone paint improving fuel efficiency
- safety updates: upgraded lifeboat/tender boats release system; ballast and bilge piping replacement.
Norwegian Jewel deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.