Norwegian Gem deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Gem deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Gem cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Gem staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Gem (2007-built, last refurbished in 2015) is the last of the Jewel-class NCL cruise ships - together with NCL Jade, NCL Jewel, NCL Pearl. The NCL Gem ship is also one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” cruise ships - together with Breakaway, Getaway, Epic, Jewel.
Norwegian Gem cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1197 staterooms for 2394 passengers (max capacity is 2873), served by 1010 crew-staff members. The boat has 15 decks (12 passenger-accessible, 8 with cabins), 19 dining options, 11 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies, 12 elevators.
NCL Gem deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
The list of deckplan changes after the ship's drydock 2015 refurbishment (October-November) includes:
- Penthouse Suites renovation
- lounge renovations (Horizon, and Spinnaker /observation lounge)
- new dining venue will be added (O’Sheehan’s Bar & Grill)
- relocation of Moderno restaurant (from deck 8 to deck 13) and replacement of the Blue Lagoon restaurant with the new O’Sheehan’s Pub (deck 8)
- relocation of the Cagney’s Steakhouse on deck 8, to make a place for the new Brazilian restaurant “Moderno Churrascaria” and the Mojito Bar “Sugarcane” (replacing the Star Bar).
- new furnishings (custom-crafted), and new furniture for the relaxation deck areas (Deck 11 & 12)
- new wall coverings, LED lighting, carpeting
- many original artworks were added in public areas.
During drydock 2015, the ship was retrofitted with new "scrubbers" (exhaust gas cleaning systems). The new scrubber technology reduces the equivalent of approx 1500 tons of the poisonous gas Sulfur Oxide. Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise company retrofitting with a scrubber hybrid system vessels while in service. The new in-line scrubbers (5 units) are lightweight and able to operate in a dry mode, as well as in open and closed loops.
Norwegian Gem deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.