NCL Gem cabins for disabled passengers (wheelchair accessible rooms) are in the following categories (with deck location): Penthouse Suite (SF-deck 9), Mini Suite (M1-deck 11), Balcony rooms (BB-deck 10, and BC-deck 9), Oceanview (OK-deck 8) and Interior/Inside cabins (IE-deck 4, IC-deck 11, I1-decks 4, 8, 10, 11).
Follows the review of Norwegian Gem staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- All Norwegian Gem cabins as amenities have sleeping area (bedside tables, 2 lower beds convertible to queen, plus additional/optional beds to accommodate more passengers), en-suite bathroom (WC, sink, shower stall, bath products, hairdryer), lounge/sitting area (wardrobe /ample closet space, vanity table, chair, flat TV, safe, refrigerator, direct-dial phone), individual air-conditioning.
- All Suites and Balcony cabins feature floor-ceiling sliding doors opening to a private veranda with lounge furniture (1 round table with 2 chairs or sunloungers).
- You can see all the furniture details on the NCL Gem cabin floor plans in the table above.
- The list of bonus amenities / perks for Suite accommodations includes: butler service, priority services (check-in, debarkation, ports of call tendering, dining reservations, show-spa reservations), in-room dining (plus evening treats), special room service menu, private events special invitations, complimentary mini-bar, bottled water, luxury cotton robes, deluxe bedding (pillow-top mattresses, pillow menu, slippers, towels), walk-in closets, Cappuccino-Espresso coffee maker, complimentary specialty restaurant dining (breakfast, lunch), complimentary limo service (pier-airport).
- NCL Gem’s The Haven cabins guests also enjoy exclusive access to The Haven Courtyard (private sun deck, pool and whirlpool /valet service, private fitness area).
- The Haven Garden Villas have separate living and dining rooms, 3 bedrooms (1 with king bed, the other 2 have private bathrooms, rollaway beds, cribs), master bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower), media center (with DVD/CD player).
- The Haven Courtyard Penthouses have master bedroom (queen bed), small bedroom (with private bathroom/shower), bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, shower), separate living-dining areas.
- The Haven Owners Suites (aka Deluxe Owner Suites) have bedroom (king bed), living and dining rooms.
- Balcony Family Suites (2 Bedroom Suites / aka Family Penthouses) have master bedroom (queen bed) and smaller bedroom (private bathroom/shower), living room (dining area), bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower).
- SE-SF Penthouse Suites have sitting-sleeping areas (queen bed), bathroom (bathtub, shower), mini bars. Category SF-Penthouses are the aft-facing suites commonly known as “Romance Suites”. Category SE-Penthouse is for the forward-facing suites featuring large balconies with views of the ship’s bow. Veranda partitions are semi-private.
- Mini Suites (Studio Suites) have 2 lower beds (convertible to queen), bathroom (bathtub, shower).
- Balcony, Oceanview and Inside cabins have 2 lower beds (convertible), bathroom (shower).
- Most categories Ocean-view cabins are with 1 Picture Window, except categories OF and OG (with Porthole Windows). Categories OK and OX are with fully or partially obstructed views (due to lifeboats).
- IMPORTANT: Since May 2015, the Norwegian Cruise Line charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the NCL Gem ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).