Of all NCL Epic cabins, 75 are located in the signature all-suite complex “The Haven”. The Epic cruise ship has the world's largest number of Studio rooms (single-occupancy cabins for solo travellers) available for booking – a total of 128 studios. The ship is also unique with the lack of any Oceanview cabins (outside staterooms with Picture Window or Porthole Window). The number of all cabin categories is 38.
Follows the review of NCL Norwegian Epic staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- All Norwegian Epic cabins as amenities feature sleeping area with standard queen beds (convertible to twins /single beds), en-suite bathroom (WC, sink, shower stall, bath products, hairdryer), lounge/sitting area (wardrobe, vanity table, chair, flat TV, music console, safe, refrigerator, direct-dial phone), individual air-conditioning. Each of the cabins features a uniquely designed bath with separately located shower and WC/toilet and vanity sink.
- The highest grades Norwegian Epic accommodations are The Haven suites. Guest in those suites can enjoy exclusive access to the ship’s Courtyard (relaxation complex) with its own swimming pool and whirlpool, sundeck (sunbathing area) and a private fitness centre.
- Suite guests also have Exclusive Lounge access (The Haven Lounge, The Epic Club, Concierge Lounge) and Courtyard valet service. The list of special perks for suite guests (bonus amenities) includes: key card access, butler / concierge service (luggage unpacking, suites-only room service menu, in-room dining /full breakfast menu and afternoon treats), luxury bedding sets (pillow menu, deluxe mattresses), welcome gifts (Champagne, bottled water, fruits, flowers), espresso coffee maker, complimentary specialty restaurant dining (breakfast and lunch only), cotton bathrobes, slippers, terry towels, priority services (embarkation, disembarkation, ports of call tender boarding).
- All suites and balcony cabins have sliding doors opening to a private veranda.
- The Haven Owners Suites (category H2) have floor-ceiling windows, separate bedroom (king bed) and dining area.
- The Haven Courtyard Villas (category H4), offer a master bedroom (queen bed), a separate kids bedroom, combined lounge room/dining area, 2 bathrooms. The larger (main) bathroom is facing forward (overlooking the bow). Forward-facing villa suites have a separate solarium room. This is a glass-enclosed balcony room overlooking the ship’s bow. Weather permitting, the solarium’s sliding windows can be opened. Suite solariums are air-conditioned (with a thermostat) and furnished with 2 lounge chairs and a small round table.
- Each of The Haven Courtyard Penthouse suite accommodations has a large bedroom featuring a circular queen bed, flat TV (CD/DVD player, library), bathroom (separate bathtub/shower) and a large-sized balcony/terrace (with 2 chairs and a small round table).
- The Haven Suites (categories H6 and H9) feature uniquely curved walls. Of those, Spa Suites (category H9) have an in-room bathtub, dome ceiling, individually controlled coloured lighting, round-shaped bed.
- Mini Suites have 2 twin beds (convertible to queen), and also feature curved walls. Family suites (categories M2, M3 and M4) have 1 upper berth plus single sofa bed. Spa suites (category M9) feature dome ceiling, individually controlled coloured lighting, bathtub.
- NCL Epic Balcony rooms in deluxe categories are with curved walls (aka “wave balcony”). Family balcony cabins (categories B2, B3 and B4) are with a location closer to the kids' area and additionally have sofa beds. Know, that all forward-facing balconies on each of the decks are with an in-hull design.
- All Norwegian Epic Spa cabins (in categories H9-The Haven Spa Suite, M9-Spa Suite, and B9-Spa Balcony) have key-card access to Mandara Spa and the Fitness Center, plus 24-hour Thermal Suite access. Spa Balcony rooms are similar to the Deluxe (“wave”) Balcony cabins and feature tub/shower bathrooms, separate lounge area with mini-bar, flat TV, coffee maker, spa amenities.
- NCl Epic Studio rooms are designed for single passengers and are available for booking as single occupancy cruise cabins. Each one of these special category staterooms has a queen bed (full size), corridor window view, mood/special lightning. Special amenities are the exclusive access to the Studio Lounge (2-tiered private lounge for Studio guests only, with bar service, large TVs, ample seating.
- IMPORTANT: Since May 2015, the Norwegian Cruise Line charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the NCL Epic ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).