NCL Star cabins for disabled passengers (wheel-chair accessible rooms) are in the following categories (with deck location): Family Suite (SJ-deck 12), Mini-Suites (MA-deck 11), Balcony rooms (BB-deck 10, and BC-deck 9), Oceanview (OK-deck 8) and Interior/Inside cabins (IA-deck 11, and I1-decks 9 and 10).
Follows the review of Norwegian Star staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- All Norwegian Star cabins as amenities have sleeping area (bedside tables, 2 lower beds convertible to queen, plus additional/optional beds to accommodate more passengers), en-suite luxury bathroom (WC, sink, shower stall, bath products, hairdryer), lounge/sitting area (vanity table, chair, flat HDTV (infotainment system), safe, refrigerator, direct-dial phone), individual air-conditioning.
- Bonus amenities/perks for Suite accommodations include:
- Most Suites and all Balcony cabins feature floor-ceiling sliding doors opening to a private veranda with lounge furniture (1 round table and 2 chairs /higher grades Suites have sunloungers).
- You can see all the furniture details on the NCL Star cabin floor plans in the table above.
- The Haven Garden Villas have a roof terrace with private garden and outdoor dining area, whirlpools, private sunbathing and relaxation areas, separate living and dining rooms, 3 bedrooms (each with private bathroom), master bathroom (whirlpool bath, separate shower), media centre (with DVD/CD player). Bonus amenities are: butler service priority services (check-in, debarkation, ports of call tendering), in-room dining (plus evening treats), special room service menu, complimentary mini-bar, bottled water, luxury cotton robes, deluxe bedding (pillow-top mattresses, pillow menu, slippers, towels), Cappuccino-Espresso coffee maker, complimentary specialty restaurant dining (breakfast, lunch), complimentary limo service (pier-airport).
- Deluxe Owner Suites have floor-ceiling windows (without balcony), separate bedroom (king bed, walk-in closet), separate living room (with media centre) and dining room, bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, shower)and the same perks as the Garden Villa’s (without the limo service).
- Owner’s Suites have a separate bedroom (queen bed, walk-in closet), living room (media centre), dining room, bathroom (Jacuzzi, whirlpool bathtub, shower) – same suite perks as the above. Each Owner suite can be connected to Mini Suite or balcony stateroom.
- Two Bedroom Family Suites (Family Penthouses) have a living room (media centre), dining area, separate bedroom (queen bed), bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, shower), second bedroom (bath, shower) – same suite perks as the above.
- SG-Family Suites with balcony have sitting area, sleeping area (queen bed, walk-in closet), bathroom (bathtub, shower) – same suite perks as the above.
- SE-SF Penthouses have a sitting area (walk-in closet), sleeping area (queen bed), bathroom (bathtub, shower), balcony (open to the above Deck 13) -same suite perks as the above.
- SJ-Window Family Suites are with floor-ceiling windows (without balcony), sitting area (double sofa bed, queen bed, walk-in closet), bathroom (shower) – same suite perks as the above.
- Mini Suites (Studio Suites) have a sitting area, 2 lower beds (convertible), walk-in closet, bathroom (shower).
- Balcony cabins have a sitting area (dressing table), 2 lower beds (convertible), walk-in closet, bathroom (shower).
- Most categories Ocean-view cabins have Picture Window, except categories OF and OG, which are with Porthole Windows. Categories OK and OX are with obstructed views (due to lifeboats).
- NEWS: Since May 2015, the Norwegian Cruise Line charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the NCL Star ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).