Of all NCL Breakaway cabins, 42 are located in the signature “The Haven” all-suite complex, 59 are Studios (single occupancy cabins for solo travelers) and 42 are wheelchair-accessible. The number of all cabin categories is 42.
Follows the review of Norwegian Breakaway staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- 2 twin beds (convertible to queen-size), hairdryer, safe, mini-bar, flat-TV, writing desk (4 outlets- 2 US, 2 European), ample closet/shelving space, key-card access (lighting control).
- Private bathrooms with sink (storage space underneath), glass-door shower, shower dispensers, luxury bath products (Elemis in Haven and Spa rooms).
- Many of the NCL Breakaway Inside cabins are adjoining (with pull-down bunks). The family inside rooms are located near the kids' facilities.
- The 59 Studio cabins are for solo travelers, with exclusive key-card access to the “Studio” complex and the Studio Lounge & Bar. NCL Breakaway Single cabins have a full-sized bed, windows look to the corridor.
- Oceanview staterooms are with large windows (44 are Family Oceanview- sleep up to 5).
- Balcony rooms are with sofa bed, ample under bed drawers, balcony furniture (2 mesh chairs, 1 small table).
- Mini-suites are slightly larger than balcony cabins, with a bathroom (double sink vanity, body jets, hand-held showerhead), sofabed, full-sized closet. Many Family Mini-Suites (near the kids' facilities) are with bathtubs.
- NCL Breakaway Spa staterooms (36 Balcony, 20 Mini Suite, 16 Haven Spa Suite) are all on Deck 14 (adjacent to spa/fitness complex), featuring complimentary “Thermal Suite” access and spa amenities (bathrobes, slippers). The Spa cabins are with a king-sized bed, separate dining area, jacuzzi, bathroom (oversized shower, waterfall plus handheld showerheads, body jets, 2 sinks).
- The 22 Penthouses are outside of “The Haven” (still with access to the complex), with separate dining room, living area (1 double sofa-bed), bathroom (2 double sinks, bathtub, Elemis luxury bath products).
- The 42 “Haven” Suites/Villas (Decks 15 & 16) as amenities feature: direct access to the spa-fitness complex, private concierge service, 24-hour butler service; priority services (embarkation /disembarkation; ship-shore tendering), coffee makers; gourmet treats (served each evening), luxury mattress and linens, feather duvets, pillow menu; bathrobes, slippers.
- IMPORTANT: Since May 2015, the Norwegian Cruise Line charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the NCL Breakaway ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).
NCL Breakaway staterooms of “The Haven” categories
- 18 “Courtyard Penthouse” rooms (king-size bed, living-dining rooms, single sofabed, large walk-in closet. Balcony furniture includes 2 wicker chairs and 1 wicker table.
- 20 “2-Bedroom Family Villas” (each with 2 bedrooms, separate living/dining areas, single sofa-bed, bar, master bedroom (floor-ceiling windows, private balcony), master bath (shower, oceanview bathtub, 2 sinks), second bedroom (single/double sofa-bed, Pullman bed, separate bathroom).
- 2 Owner Suites (living room, separate dining area, vanity, bedroom (floor-ceiling windows, walk-in closet, large veranda, master bathroom (bathtub, 2 sinks, shower). On Norwegian Breakaway Owner Suites can be connected with the Deluxe Suites (for up to 8 pax capacity).
- The Haven complex’s 2 Deluxe Owner Suites are the largest accommodations on the NCL Breakaway ship, with a separate living room/dining area, vanity, wet bar, wraparound veranda.
- The ship’s 42 wheelchair-accessible rooms as types are 1 suite, 4 mini-suite, 13 Balcony, 9 oceanviews (4 are Family) and 14 inside cabins (hearing-impaired kits available upon request).