Norwegian Joy deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Joy deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Joy cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Joy staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Joy (built 2017, former name “Norwegian Bliss”, last refurbished in 2019) is the second of all four Breakaway Plus-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with the sisterships Norwegian Escape (2015), Norwegian Bliss (2018) and Norwegian Encore (2019). The ship was ordered in 2014. Its construction (under the name Norwegian Bliss) started on Sept 16, 2015. On Oct 12, 2015 was announced that the vessel will be renamed and designed specifically for the Chinese market, The new name “Norwegian Joy” (in Chinese glyphs 喜悦号 / Xi Yue Hao) was officially announced on February 29, 2016 (leap year). The characters for “Joy” mean “Inner Joy”.
NEWS: In 2019, NCL Joy will be drydock refurbished to become virtually identical to sistership Norwegian Bliss - NCL's most successful liner ever. The ship will be relocated from China to USA. The refurb project will be managed by MJM Marine (part of MJM Group (Northern Ireland UK). The company specializes in cruise ship refurbishment and interior design services. The planned works will involve around 1400 people and 40+ onboard venues and areas. Following the refit, NCL Joy starts Alaskan cruises from homeport Seattle WA, then will be repositioned for Mexican Riviera cruise from homeport Los Angeles CA.
Norwegian Joy cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1925 staterooms (in, 42 categories, 15 types) for 3850 passengers (max capacity is 4620 guests), served by 1730 crew / staff. NCL Joy ship offers a total of 29 onboard dining options (9 are complimentary), 22 lounges/ bars, 3 swimming pools, 5 water-slides, 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
Follows a review of NCL Joy’s new features (venues, facilities and innovations):
- The ship is specifically designed for the Chinese cruising market. Its interior decor, amenities, entertainment programs and cuisine is tailored for China, providing top-luxury and stylish travel vacation experiences.
- This is the world’s first cruise vessel purpose-built for China.
- Norwegian Joy features NCL fleet’s highest crew-to-passenger ratio. In comparison to NCL Escape, the ship carries 250 fewer passengers. The missing cabins space was given to the Casino area and also to the shopping areas.
- The ship has a Haven VVIP Casino (private high-stake gambling room).
- Two new Observation Deck areas are part of both The Haven and Concierge Suite deck levels. These fore-located open-air areas offer 180-degree panoramic sea views.
- The ship’s top deck has a 2-level, family-friendly go-kart racetrack (a first at sea facility). The electric go-karting track was designed and built by the German company RiMO Supply and the Dutch company Bolidt.
- Also there are located an open-air laser tag (large-size touch screen for kids).
- On deck 16, the Galaxy Pavilion complex offers virtual reality and ultra gaming experiences. Among its features are interactive video walls, hover craft bumper cars, professional Formula 1 car simulator (real race car converted into a 3-screen simulator), other interactive simulators (space ship-, flight-, car racing) all with 3D graphics, surround sound and special effects, six Xbox game stations. There are also Star Wars movie-based space simulators (Star Wars Battle Pods), three dark ride simulators (with programmed roller coasters, hang gliding, plank walking between buildings, etc), Oculus (virtual reality game).
- The NCL Joy ship has 2 water slides. The “Double Aqua Loop” is a free fall slide with 2 loops, of which one extends out over the ship’s side and the other has a transparent loop stretching down to the below deck. The high-speed Aqua Racer waterslide allows side-by-side racing competitions and features 360+ ft (110 m) long twisting and turning tubes.
- Forward on the ship’s top deck is located the Serenity Park (outdoor relaxation complex) with live plants, large video screen, swimming pool, sunbathing area with chaise lounges. The park’s area is also used for open-air classes (like Yoga and Tai-Chi).
- The onboard shopping options include an upscale duty-free shopping arcade, which is NCL fleet’s largest. The list of onboard shops includes luxury store brands selling fashion, jewelry, cosmetics, electronics.
- The ship has the fleet’s fastest Wi-Fi connectivity (shipwide coverage – bow to stern).
- Other features – several karaoke rooms, traditional tea room, new Concierge Suite cabins (part of a separate complex located above The Haven), exclusive Concierge Lounge & Bar, Interior cabins with virtual balconies, plenty of adjoining cabins (convenient for larger families (reflecting the China’s multiple generation travel tendency).
NCL Joy dining (new restaurants)
The NCL Joy ship has 29 restaurants, some of which are at surcharge (including a Korean steakhouse and a Japanese restaurant for shabu-shabu food).
- (new) “Sakura and Hibiscus” is the ship’s Korean restaurant, also offering Korean barbecue specialties.
- (new) “Neptune’s” (seafood restaurant) also has a buffet (fresh seafood) section, offering chilled / raw food on ice, plus a separate a la carte priced menu.
- (new) “American Diner” serves comfort food (incl burgers, fried chicken, meatloaf, pot pies).
- (new) “Grand Tea Room” serves premium leaf teas from China, complimented by snacks (incl finger sandwiches).
- (new) “The Bake Shop” (onboard bakery) sells Japanese mocha sweets, cupcakes, chocolate pralines, macarons.
- (new) “La Cave” is a premium spirits and wine bar.
- Complimentary are the MDRs (main dining rooms) named “Savor” and “Taste”. They also serve traditional Chinese cuisine. The complimentary “Garden Cafe” buffet restaurant is organized as food pavilions / stations and offers both Chinese and Western menu items.
- “Manhattan Room” offers a huge Chinese cuisine selection complemented by Western food classics (including prime steak and seafood).
- Other popular and well-known NCL restaurants are “Food Republic” (first introduced on NCL Escape), Teppanyaki (hibachi restaurant), “Noodle Bar” (noodles and dim sum), “Cagney’s Steakhouse”, “La Cucina” (Italian restaurant) and “Le Bistro” (French restaurant).
Norwegian Joy deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.