Review of Norwegian Joy deck 6 (Lobby-Dining)
- Joy Theater is the ship’s main show lounge (capacity 800 seats) served by its own bar (on deck 7). The theater offers grand-style music and show evening productions. The evening programme features Broadway-style shows, musicals, cabaret performances, magician and comedy acts.
- Atrium “678 Ocean Place” is 3-decks high, open-floor designed midship area with live entertainment and big-size LED screen for movies.
- ***Q Texas Smokehouse is a BBQ restaurant featuring live country music. It serves authentic Texas-style barbecue including smoked meats, pulled pork, brisket, beef and pork ribs, and side items.
- Chess & Card Room, Library, Internet Cafe (open 24-hour), Meeting Rooms
- ***Photo Studio & Shop
- Reception (Guest Services Desk- assistance, reservations, information)
- Shore Excursions Desk (information, planning, booking)
- ***Starbucks Coffee featuring the full menu Starbucks has to offer.
- Art Gallery
- Conference and Card Room
- Teppanyaki is the Japanese Hibachi specialty restaurant (reservations’-only, at surcharge US$29 pp, kids charged a full cover). The Teppanyaki restaurant is open for Lunch (12-1:30 pm) and Dinner (5:30-10 pm). It features live cooking demonstrations and traditionally prepared (a la carte priced) specialties, including sushi, fruit sashimi, Yakitori grill, a sake menu.
- ***Social Comedy and Night Club
- ***Maltings Whiskey Bar
- Mixx Bar (piano bar) is a modern pre-dinner gathering spot.
- Savor Restaurant (Main Dining Room /complimentary) features traditional Chinese cuisine offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Taste Restaurant (Main Dining Room /complimentary) serves contemporary Chinese cuisine.
- “Private Room at Taste” (group private dining, 100 seats capacity, own lounge area)
NCL Joy deck plan 6 changes during ship's China cruise service
On the place of current "Q Texas Smokehouse" was "The Supper Club" - speciality restaurant offering traditional Chinese cuisine and intimate theatrical show experience with a variety of musical entertainment. The Club was reservations’-only and at surcharge (US$19 pp).
On the place of current "Conference / Card Room" and Photo Studio" were three KTVs (Karaoke Rooms).
On the place of current "Internet Cafe" was the "Atrium Cafe" (patisserie). "Starbucks Coffee" was the "Atrium Bar" (specialty coffee bar).
On the place of current "Teppanyaki Restaurant" were two smaller restaurants - "Teppanyaki" and "Sakura and Hibiscus" (offering Korean barbecue and Chinese Hot Pot style table cooking, with 2 separate menus). Meat platters and seafood were also available. Both Asian restaurants were reservations-only and at surcharge (US$29 pp).
On the place of current "Social Comedy and Night Club" and "Maltings Whiskey Bar" was the "Joy VIP Casino" (high-stakes gambling venue).