Review of Norwegian Joy deck 8 (Promenade)
- “678 Ocean Place” (Atrium upper level 3 of 3)
- Promenade Deck’s best feature is the Waterfront Promenade. It offers an unique open-air deck experience by several seaside venues with outdoor seating. The list of the venues features shops, bars, restaurants, a 1/4 ml long boardwalk (outdoor area with shaded seating) located 8 stories above the water.
- District Brew House has a keg room and offers a selection of 50 bottled beers and 24 draft beers on tap (including the new Wynwood brew). The venue is operated via the NCL partnership with the Miami’s Wynwood Brewing Company.
- Food Republic is a new and exclusive dining concept (via partnership with the Pubbelly Restaurant Group). This specialty restaurant is open lunch through dinner, offers international cuisine with a la carte menu and iPad ordering system.
- Humidor is the ship’s smoking-allowed / cigar lounge and bar.
- La Cucina is the Italian specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge US$15 PP, kids charged a full cover). The Cucina restaurant is open between 5:30-9:30 pm and has large tables. The NCL Joy’s Italian dining experience is marked by a casual atmosphere and large portions (perfect for family dinners) and traditional Italian fine wines and gourmet cuisine specialties – pizzas, pastas, seafood, classic salads, freshly baked breads, desserts (including ice cream). La Cucina additionally has a separate outdoor seating terrace (waterfront) area.
- ***Ocean Blue is a specialty restaurant serves fresh fish dishes.
- The Cellars Wine Bar is operated via NCL partnership with Mondavi, and offers premium wines and tapas-style a la carte menu. The Wine Bar has a separate room for wine tastings (with sommelier service), and outdoor seating area on The Waterfront.
- Sugarcane Mojito Bar features live Latin music performances.
- Tradewinds Tax & Duty Free Shops are duty-free retails selling alcohol, tobaccos, NCL-logoed merchandise, jewelry, watches, perfumes and cosmetics, brand fashion and accessories, special occasion gifts. The shopping complex includes Tides Boutique, Cartier, Omega, Bvlgari, Fine Watches, The Time Zone, Salvatore Ferragamo, Versace, Bally, Godiva (gourmet sweets, including truffles, premium chocolates, soft-serve ice cream), also Beauty Shop.
- ***The Cavern Club Lounge (replica of Liverpool's music club) offers Beatles music, tribute bands performances and "The Choir of Man” crew show (dynamic performances with live percussions, high-energy music, dancing and foot stomping by 9 crew performers).
- Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services by professional onboard photographers)
- ***The A-List Bar serves handcrafted cocktails, premium spirits and wines.
- Cagney’s Steakhouse is a specialty dinner restaurant (open 5:30-10:30 pm) for prime steaks (Certified Angus Beef) and gourmet seafood specialties. The Cagney’s restaurant is reservations-only, with cover charge US$30 per person and a free Kids Menu. At Cagney’s, kids are charged a full cover. Additionally, the steakhouse is open for suite-guests only serving Breakfast (7:30-9:30 am) and Lunch (12-1:30 pm).
- Le Bistro is the French specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge US$20 per person, kids charged a full cover). The intimate and romantic Bistro restaurant is dinner-only (open between 5:30-10:30 pm) and offers some of the NCL Joy ship’s best luxury dining experiences with its upscale amenities, superior whiteglove service, sophisticated cuisine with a vintage wines selection and classic French gourmet specialties in the menu. During the day, Le Bistro hosts food and wine tasting events.
- Cruise cabins from 8112 to 8778, of which Mini-Suite with Large Balcony (M6), Just Cruise Mini-Suite (MX), Large Balcony (B6), Balcony-Connecting (B8), Mid-Ship Balcony (BA and BC), Just Cruise Balcony (BX) and Inside rooms (categories IC and ID).
NCL Joy deck plan 8 changes during ship's China cruise service
On the place of current "District Brew House" was "The Grand Tea Room" (premium tea room offering daily High Tea service and both Asian and British teas served with stylish finger foods).
On the place of current "Ocean Blue Restaurant" was "Le Bistro". The current "Cellars Wine Bar" was "Le Cave" (upscale wine bar offering a wide range of premium spirits and wines. Select menu items were available at duty-free pricing for full-bottle purchases).
The current "Cavern Club Lounge" (starboard) were the brand retails Salvatore Ferragamo, Versace, and Bally. Tradewinds Shops were named "Global Tax and Duty". "The A-List Bar" was named "Prime Meridian Bar".
On the place of current "Le Bistro" restaurant (aft-starboard) was "Neptune's Seafood" (reservations-only specialty restaurant with cover charge US$49 per person. Kids were charged full cover. The venue offered cold buffet with seafood selections plus hot a la carte dishes to order).
Also all cabins on Deck 8 were differently categorized (graded) and colored.