Star Pride Review and Specifications
Specifications of Star Pride
|Year built||1988 / Age : 30|
|Builder||Schichau Seebeckwerft (Bremerhaven, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 50 million|
|Owner||Xanterra Parks & Resorts Inc|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||133 m / 436 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||9975 gt|
|Passengers||212 - 254|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Seabourn Pride|
|Christened by||Nancy Anschutz|
Current itinerary of Star Pride
Star Pride current cruise is 9 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston. Prices start from USD 3899 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 20 Sep, 2018 and ends on 29 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Sep||Departing from Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|21 Sep 09:00 - 17:00||Quebec City, Canada|
|23 Sep 07:00 - 14:00||Gaspe, Quebec, Canada|
|24 Sep 13:00 - 21:00||Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada|
|26 Sep 07:00 - 22:00||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|28 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Portland Maine, USA|
|29 Sep||Arriving in Boston, Massachusetts|
Review of Star Pride
Launched in 1988 as Seabourn Pride, Star Pride cruise ship is the first of all three identical Windstar yachts - together with the fleetmates Star Breeze (ex-Seabourn Spirit) and Star Legend (ex-Seabourn Legend).
History - construction and ownership
Windstar Cruises is a luxury brand operating a fleet of smaller-sized ships (mega-yachts) with capacity up to 310 passengers. The company call at 150 ports throughout Caribbean, Central America, South Pacific, Asia, Europe. Currently, Windstar is a subsidiary of Xanterra Parks and Resorts (USA's largest national and state park concession management company).
The 9,975-ton, 212-passenger cruise ship Star Pride was purchased by Windstar Cruises in 2013. The vessel was then leased back to Seabourn (her operator since 1988) for a further year until the completion of the transfer in May, 2014. Star Pride set sail as the first Windstar new power yacht, out of three. With just 212 guests, Windstar Pride ship makes her passengers feel like they’re on board a private yacht of their own.
Cruise itinerary program
Star Pride itinerary program is based on luxury Asia cruises with departures from Singapore and Hong Kong. The Windstar Pride ship also sails in the Eastern Mediterranean from Venice, Athens/Piraeus and Istanbul, with Suez Canal transit on repositioning.
All Star Pride staterooms are comfortable and sedate suites with luxury linens, stocked mini-bar, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, fresh fruit and flowers. There are a total of 106 staterooms in 8 categories. The largest aboard Star Pride are the Owner’s Suites (575 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Star Pride guests may choose from various inclusive dining options – AmphorA Restaurant, Yacht Club, Sky Bar & Grill. Windstar travelers usually like to dress up. There are 2 formal nights on weeklong cruises and 3 on fourteen-day voyages. On these nights, a lot of the men wear tuxedos. Women wear luxury cocktail dresses or ball gowns. Other nights are casually stylish (jacket for men, but tie optional; nice outfit for women), or casual (no jacket for men; sundress or slacks for women). For those who do not like formal nights, the Veranda Cafe offers a casually stylish alternative.
Follows the complete list of Star Pride restaurants and food bars.
- AmphorA Restaurant (ship’s dining room, open-seating; offers 5-course gourmet dinner menu which is changed daily; along with onboard-made breads, in all ports of call the executive chef goes to the local markets to shop for fresh ingredients)
- Candles Cafe & Veranda (a smaller “dining room” which offers buffet-style breakfast and lunch, as well as a la carte menu through the wait staff; its indoor area is called “Candles Cafe” and features floor-ceiling panoramic windows; the outdoor seating area is called “Veranda” - in the evenings, it transformes into “Candles Grill” al-fresco steakhouse)
- Sky Bar & Grill / Star Bar (serves the top deck open-air area).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
While Star Pride offers the signature Windstar experiences (as the famous deck barbecue), she also promotes company’s product development initiative – intimate access to call ports, themed sailings and active interaction with villagers. Activities on board are very limited and range from food market purchases to performances by local musicians. Public areas include the casino, library, computer center, WindSpa, fitness center, pool and three whirlpool tubs. The marina offers complimentary watersport equipment.
Follows the complete list of Star Pride lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Marina (retractable water sports platform for water skiing, wind surfing, snorkeling, kayaking; the ship provides water rafts, wakeboards, paddle boards and a water trampoline island; the steel cage forms a swimming pool in the sea)
- A Whirlpool (with sunbathing area and lounge chairs)
- Card Room (bridge and board games); Library
- Computer Center (discount Internet packages and rates per minute)
- Lounge (ship’s theater/main show lounge for live evening entertainment)
- The Boutique Shop (sells duty-free luxury fashion clothing and accessories)
- The Casino (with blackjack/roulette gambling tables, slot machines)
- Compass Rose (ship’s social lounge with its own bar and grand piano)
- The Wellness Centre (Spa, Gym and Beauty Salon; The WindSpa has treatment rooms, Saunas, Steam Rooms; operated by Steiner)
- The Fitness Center (with floor-ceiling windows; has free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines; offers complimentary excercise classes)
- Pool Area (with one rectangular swimming pool, two whirlpools on platforms and a 3rd whirlpool at the ship’s bow, sunbathing and shaded areas)
- The Yacht Club (Constellation Lounge with floor-ceiling windows for 270-degree views)
- The Sun Deck (with luxury lounge chairs).
Star Pride wiki
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 106 (all of which Suites, 42 Balcony, 64 Oceanview)
- Dining Rooms: AmphorA Restaurant (MDR, open-seating).
- Restaurants and food bars: Candles Cafe & Veranda (buffet-style breakfast and lunch; a la carte menu with waiter service), Star Bar (bar & grill).
- Lounges & Bars: Compass Rose (lounge & bar with live music), The Lounge (Theater), Veranda, Yacht Club, Card Room.
- WindSpa, Fitness Center, Pool, Whirlpools (3), Watersports Platform, Casino, Computer Center, Library, Boutique Shop, Reception, The Bridge (Windstar's "Open Bridge" Policy), complimentary Wi-Fi and 24-hour room service.
- Star Pride ship was acquired from Seabourn Cruises and renamed from "Seabourn Pride". Her fleetmates and sister-ships are Star Breeze and Star Legend. All the three vessels were purchased by Windstar Cruises, and the first ship that joined its fleet was Seabourn Pride (renamed in May 2014).
- In 2013, the current shipowner Windstar announced that the Seabourn ship Pride would be renamed to “Star Pride” in May 2014. The ship left the Seabourn fleet on March 30, 2014, and entered the Windstar fleet on May 5.
- The vessel sailed on its inaugural voyage as "Seabourn Pride" in Nov 1988. Godmother was Shirley Temple Black.
- Fun fact is, that the Seabourn Pride cruise ship, just like her sisters, was fitted with LRAD (Long Range Acoustic Device), a non-lethal method created to fend off attackers.
- In 2006, an article at the Forbes website declared Seabourn Pride's "New Year Cruise" the world's most expensive one in its cruising category.
Star Pride - user reviews and comments
Photos of Star PrideAdd Photo
Star Pride ship related cruise news
A Windstar Cruises ship with 350 people onboard became disabled in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts Friday afternoon, September 7, after experiencing...September 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Windstar announced its cruise ships will sail 7 new itineraries in Europe in 2019. The next year's season will see 6 new Mediterranean voyages from...July 12, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Windstar Cruises' 212-passenger Star Pride will sail from New York later this year, which is a first for the cruise line. Star Pride will...July 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Windstar Cruises was named the world's #1 Boutique Cruise Line by USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards for the 2nd year in a row. 20...December 28, 2017
Windstar Cruises' Star Pride experienced grounding on December 22, at 6:15 a.m. CST, while coming into anchor at Isla de Coiba, Panama. All...December 23, 2015
- show more news
Other Windstar cruise ships
Star Pride Itineraries
The below listed Star Pride cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Windstar fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Aug 16||7 days, round-trip Around Iceland||Reykjavik|
|2018 Sep 08||12 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$4099|
|2018 Sep 20||9 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston||Montreal||$3899|
|2018 Sep 29||12 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal||Boston||$4799|
|2018 Oct 11||23 days, one-way from Montreal to San Juan||Montreal|
|2018 Oct 11||12 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$4799|
|2018 Oct 23||18 days, one-way from New York to San Juan||New York||$2599|
|2018 Nov 03||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan|
|2018 Nov 03||7 days, round-trip Windward Islands Surf & Sunsets||San Juan||$1699|
|2018 Nov 10||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan|
|2018 Nov 10||7 days, round-trip San Juan & the Virgin Islands||San Juan||$2299|
|2018 Nov 17||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan||$3099|
|2018 Nov 17||7 days, round-trip Windward Islands Surf & Sunsets||San Juan||$1699|
|2018 Nov 24||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan||$3099|
|2018 Nov 24||7 days, round-trip San Juan & the Virgin Islands||San Juan||$1599|
|2018 Dec 01||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan||$2899|
|2018 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip Windward Islands Surf & Sunsets||San Juan||$1599|
|2018 Dec 08||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan||$2499|
|2018 Dec 08||7 days, round-trip San Juan & the Virgin Islands||San Juan||$1799|
|2018 Dec 15||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan||$4099|
|2018 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Windward Islands Surf & Sunsets||San Juan||$1799|
|2018 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Lovely Leewards||San Juan||$4699|
|2018 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip San Juan & the Virgin Islands||San Juan||$2999|
|2018 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Windward Islands Surf & Sunsets||San Juan||$2399|
|2019 Jan 05||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||San Juan||$3299|
|2019 Jan 05||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$1799|
|2019 Jan 12||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||Bridgetown||$3399|
|2019 Jan 12||7 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$1999|
|2019 Jan 19||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||San Juan||$2899|
|2019 Jan 19||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$1699|
|2019 Jan 26||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||Bridgetown||$3099|
|2019 Jan 26||7 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$1699|
|2019 Feb 02||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||San Juan||$3299|
|2019 Feb 02||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$2199|
|2019 Feb 09||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||Bridgetown||$2999|
|2019 Feb 09||7 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$1999|
|2019 Feb 16||14 days, round-trip Star Collector: Comprehensive Lesser Antilles||San Juan||$2999|
|2019 Feb 16||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$1999|
|2019 Feb 23||7 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$1999|
|2019 Mar 02||7 days, round-trip San Juan & the Virgin Islands||San Juan||$1999|
|2019 Mar 09||10 days, round-trip Gems of the Leeward Islands||San Juan||$3199|
|2019 Mar 19||13 days, one-way from San Juan to Lisbon||San Juan||$1599|
|2019 Apr 12||15 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia||Lisbon||$4399|
|2019 Apr 12||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$2399|
|2019 Apr 20||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$2199|
|2019 May 04||17 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus||$7099|
|2019 May 04||7 days, round-trip Treasures of the Greek Isles||Piraeus||$3999|
|2019 May 11||10 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus||$3999|
|2019 May 21||7 days, round-trip Rome & Grand Prix of Monaco||Civitavecchia||$7199|
|2019 May 28||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Lisbon||Civitavecchia||$4299|
|2019 May 28||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$2499|
|2019 Jun 04||8 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2899|
|2019 Jun 20||8 days, one-way from Dublin to Leith-Edinburgh||Dublin||$3599|
|2019 Jun 28||8 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Copenhagen||Leith-Edinburgh||$3599|
|2019 Jul 06||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4999|
|2019 Jul 16||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$3799|
|2019 Jul 23||8 days, round-trip Norway’s Famous Fjords||Copenhagen||$3599|
|2019 Jul 31||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4999|